• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

Zeox

Smash Champion
He said the Ridley source is the same as the one that gave him the Jump Force/Castlevania information, and this source is one of many he has that also mentioned Ridley.

My only fear is Nintendo saw the leak and made an adjustment for E3 to not show him out of spite and to keep discussion going. Ultimately with the game releasing presumably soon, the characters should be all completed by now or very close to it depending on release date, and Ridley could still be in.

As much as I want to see Ridley tomorrow, keeping the speculation alive would make for a fun few months, otherwise I'm happy with Ridley and my speculation/hype would focus on K. Rool.
Agree expect in the speculation part.
With some characters is fine, but Ridley, it has been so many years and so many games that I just want to have a confirmation once for all.

SupersizedData

Smash Rookie
Kind of nervous for tomorrow honestly. Want Ridley so bad, but there's a thousand and one ways this can go wrong.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
Agree expect in the speculation part.
With some characters is fine, but Ridley, it has been so many years and so many games that I just want to have a confirmation once for all.
I'd absolutely prefer him to be revealed on the big stage, and he makes logical sense as the hype levels would be unbelievable for a first party character, probably followed by crazy hype levels for a third party character announcement either during the main direct or in a separate trailer like how Pac-Man was revealed.

I would feel somewhat lost as to who I'd want if he's confirmed, nobody fuels the hype like speculating on Ridley. K. Rool would be next, and I don't even know who else I'd really want... maybe King Kippo from Punchout? Sylux for more Metroid support?

Zeox

Smash Champion
I'd absolutely prefer him to be revealed on the big stage, and he makes logical sense as the hype levels would be unbelievable for a first party character, probably followed by crazy hype levels for a third party character announcement either during the main direct or in a separate trailer like how Pac-Man was revealed.

I would feel somewhat lost as to who I'd want if he's confirmed, nobody fuels the hype like speculating on Ridley. K. Rool would be next, and I don't even know who else I'd really want... maybe King Kippo from Punchout? Sylux for more Metroid support?
I would go for Porky, from Earthbound and Mother 3.
Because you know... Smash needs more bad guys, and I believe that if Ridley is on it, K. Rool will be on it too.

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
So, how credible can we rank the Vergeben leak at this point? On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
He said the Ridley source is the same as the one that gave him the Jump Force/Castlevania information, and this source is one of many he has that also mentioned Ridley.

My only fear is Nintendo saw the leak and made an adjustment for E3 to not show him out of spite and to keep discussion going. Ultimately with the game releasing presumably soon, the characters should be all completed by now or very close to it depending on release date, and Ridley could still be in.

As much as I want to see Ridley tomorrow, keeping the speculation alive would make for a fun few months, otherwise I'm happy with Ridley and my speculation/hype would focus on K. Rool.
I forgot about that. Wow it really is looking super likely at this point, but I'm still gonna keep a tiny bit skeptical. As someone here already said, there's s bunch of ways this could all go wrong.

IronTed

Smash Ace
With how many sources Vergeben claims to have, one being confirmed does not necessarily confirm another. I have not been following E3, but the recent confirmations, are they relevant to his Ridley rumors?

SupersizedData

Smash Rookie
With how many sources Vergeben claims to have, one being confirmed does not necessarily confirm another. I have not been following E3, but the recent confirmations, are they relevant to his Ridley rumors?
The Jump fighting game thing was confirmed by the exact same sources he has as who commented on Ridley.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Again, the source of the Jump game and others was the same as Ridley.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
The same guy who told him about Jump Force and Castlevania titles which all came true is the same source that said Ridley is playable.

He has two other sources that also said Ridley, but his most reputable source that's been right on the money so far has said Ridley, so everything looks good

GreatRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neodragon22
3DS FC
3007-8564-4279
But how many times does it need to be reiterated that we're all (mostly) adults and should be able to temper our own expectations? Now, I don't see *anyone* here saying that Vegeben's stuff or any other leak is 100% credible. Or that they 100% expect to see Riddles tomorrow. We've been burned many times, but having this last bit of hope has frankly been good for the community.

Everyone *should* already be prepared. That doesn't mean people need to come in here acting like holier-than-thou downers who know "for certain" that we won't see Ridley before street date or at all. That kind of thing is just unnecessary.
True, and some people already know this a million times from and back, I shouldn't be doing this, but I care for everyone here, that's all. The closer we get to the direct, the more excited we get and harder for us to contain it, i'm just reminding people to try to set their expectations right so that this thread doesn't blow up from both sides come post-direct if something were to go wrong. Feel free the hype yourself to the max if you want, I just want to see us have a right mindset when the announcements are over for Smash on either outcomes. That's all. I'm just being cautiously optimistic for all of the Ridley fans.

Besides this was the last time I planned on reminding people since we've been over this a million times so, whenever or not people want to follow those advice is up to them, i'm wasn't trying to force them to temper their expectations to mine all the way and it probably felt like that to some so i'll apologize on that behalf (Having a bit of a passive aggressiveness in your tone of speaking is a pain in the neck).

I just don't want another blow up like that time in Smash 4 when Ridley was officially deconfirmed. It was...painful.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
The Jump fighting game thing was confirmed by the exact same sources he has as who commented on Ridley.
Again, the source of the Jump game and others was the same as Ridley.
They predicted a Jump game, not the exact title simply a Jump game, they didn't say Jump Forces, they didn't say who was in the roster or any other details, it was vague enough to happen and it did, and people wonder why people like me look so pessimistic.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
So, how credible can we rank the Vergeben leak at this point? On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best.
I'd say a solid 5. People might be surprised by that but the thing with Vergeben is that a lot of the times when he gets things right, he also gets a few things wrong. While the source that gave him the Jump Force info was the same one who gave him the Rildey one, it is still possibly for the source to have the wrong information. That's why I do kind of agree with everyone who's saying keep their hype in place; I agree that we shouldnt take these as 100% fact, but we should at least acknowledge them. But for right now, Vergeben's leak is sitting on a solid 5 for me. If a few more things get confirmed for me like Xenoverse 3 I'll believe it more.

IronTed

Smash Ace
Thanks everyone, so nothing super concrete, but that certainly is too significant to ignore. Chrollo. Chrollo. is right, a 5 of 10 seems like a roughly fair mark of this leak's credibility.

It definitely will be important for people to not let blind optimism or blind pessimism distort their judgement. Luckily we have only a day to wait and see.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, Verg wasn't the first to leak Ridley's inclusion. Before him, the much more credible Resetera mods were teasing Ridley before the Direct that revealed Smash. Two of them, named Jonneh and Nibel, confirned it wasnt just joking/memeing around, with Jonneh still firmly confident in Ridley's inclusion.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

I don't think we have to worry about that

1 Ridley is to hype not to show at E3 (if real)

2 gemusatu stuff is all correct the only one changed is shulk reveal date and some of the stuff was cut (not that it would happen with Ridley)

3. They probably do all of vergeben anyway (if real) to leave out suspicion of known if they knew

Chrollo.

fka president wario
To be fair, Verg wasn't the first to leak Ridley's inclusion. Before him, the much more credible Resetera mods were teasing Ridley before the Direct that revealed Smash. Two of them, named Jonneh and Nibel, confirned it wasnt just joking/memeing around, with Jonneh still firmly confident in Ridley's inclusion.
Oh yeah the Resetera teasing is definitely the core of everything but right now Vergeben’s leak has the most backing due to some confirmations which is why people are talking about it more.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Anyway final countdown music if the rumor is true and they don't pull a gemusatu (claimed shulk next reveal but then turn out to be Lucina/robin which should have ben chrom)

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Since this might be our last E3, I felt the need to post this for old times' sake. :p

1528741885020.png

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
Just think. In 24 hours, we'll likely have an answer.
If he's in... this thread is going to explode.

IronTed

Smash Ace
I read the whole Ridlify thread on ERA, and it made me realize something. Ridley being denied playability, and the too big meme, it all has made him more (in)famous. If Ridley was made playable, say a decade ago, he wouldn't have this sort of meme status he has now. Sure, people would know who he is, Smash is huge, but he would definitely have been a much less notable inclusion.

TonyMyOnly

Smash Apprentice
It is the time of the invitational tournament. The finals have just concluded and the winner is applauded by the audience. Suddenly the lights go out, the challenger approaching alarm begins to sound as the in-person audience and those watching the stream all die of a heart attack. Sakurai walks out on stage, picks up the controller, and and motions for the champion to do the same. The Pyrosphere returns from Smash Wii U after all, but somethings wrong. There's no Characters on the screen. Oh wait the game just froze. They restart the system and then Sakurai showcases his proudest smash creation yet, years of hard effort payed off: playable boss mode.

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
It is the time of the invitational tournament. The finals have just concluded and the winner is applauded by the audience. Suddenly the lights go out, the challenger approaching alarm begins to sound as the in-person audience and those watching the stream all die of a heart attack. Sakurai walks out on stage, picks up the controller, and and motions for the champion to do the same. The Pyrosphere returns from Smash Wii U after all, but somethings wrong. There's no Characters on the screen. Oh wait the game just froze. They restart the system and then Sakurai showcases his proudest smash creation yet, years of hard effort payed off: playable boss mode.
Don't you ****ing dare.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Wait a second
Nope nope nope

Your basically saying he's not going to be playable in the way we want him to be don't mess with us today

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Man all this speculation is too big

So big

In the calm before the storm, I want to give kudos to all the Ridley fans who stuck around all these years, out of sheer adoration for the character and Metroid franchise. There've been countless ups and downs for you guys along the way, punctuated with talk about how "delusional" you are for just having a particular creative vision for a favorite character and hoping Sakurai chooses to see it through.

That all appears to be in the past...you could call it a "shadow" behind you as you all look out over the horizon. And I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of excited people among you sounding almost as high-pitched as Metroid Fusion Ridley very, very shortly.

Maybe some who jump out of their seats and jam out to this too.

Have fun, all! You've earned this.

Last edited:

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
People, in case Ridley is confirmed playable, can someone made a Ridley with the Infinity gauntlet deleting a Ridley too big memes folder? much apreciated, xD

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
One way or the other, I love you Ridley brothers and sisters. Here's to hoping our long awaited overlord makes his glorious debut tomorrow. <3

Xhampi

Smash Lord
With the game releasing this year, this also means that this is the last E3 as vocal Ridley supporrters for many of us.

I'm looking forward to one last smash hype train with all of you, hopefully with a happy ending.

Top Bottom