• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louie's Notes-Olimar Q&A Thread!!

Noa.

Smash Master
I just finished my matchup analysis thingy. I pmed it to you Zori.

I also realized that Zori isn't on my friends list. :sad:

I actually enjoyed contributing something so large to the community.

Zori

Smash Champion
OK guys the deadline is Friday, I won't be changing it this time .

So far i got Draco's, Brain H, Rich, Me

I will be hunting you down tomorrow V_V also if you see an olimar who has not turned theirs in please remind them.

good luck! and be creative!

Noa.

Smash Master
I always get the Italian BMT. Get that provolone cheese on it, and put it on wheat bread. Then spray some honey mustard, lettuce, and tomato on it. Mmmmmm....

Jane

Smash Hero
TACO BELL STOPPED SERVING THEIR "MORNING MANGO" FRUTISTA FREEZE.

i hate them so much, and feel very sad for anyone who never experienced the morning mango ):

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
TACO BELL STOPPED SERVING THEIR "MORNING MANGO" FRUTISTA FREEZE.

i hate them so much, and feel very sad for anyone who never experienced the morning mango ):
yay! someone feels sorry for me :D

i had a question and i came here cuz its a Q&A thread :p

anyway i was wondering how DDDs somehow spot dodge our fsmash and grab, my friend does this to me all the time ;-;, i thought it was impossible @_@

Zori

Smash Champion
yay! someone feels sorry for me :D

i had a question and i came here cuz its a Q&A thread :p

anyway i was wondering how DDDs somehow spot dodge our fsmash and grab, my friend does this to me all the time ;-;, i thought it was impossible @_@

d3's spotdodge is god like, one of the top 3 in the game. all he has to do is buffer a grab afterwards.

Jane

Smash Hero
this is a very broad question not specific to olimar, just brawl in general, but i hope i can get some general answers -

how do i stop being so predictable (in how i attack)

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I had a much better response typed up, but it got 502 Gateway Errored. T_T

To be unpredictable is to observe your own habits and discard the staling ones. If you've used a certain move so many times, try using something different as a mix-up to throw them off.
You have to actually pay attention to the game, if you catch my drift.

Predictability is usually cast in a somewhat negative light, but if what you're doing is actually working (like forcing them into a certain position) there's no reason to stop doing it.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Sorry it wasn't more helpful. Maybe someone else will have the patience to type out a three-paragraph essay on unpredictability. ^^;

Jane

Smash Hero
no it definitely did. ive been thinking a lot about predictability and thinking about all my options lately your answer reinforced and added a bit to my thinking

Denti

Smash Master
i don't know ANYTHING about the diddy kong MU, i lose every time. HELP, it keeps taking me out at every torney i go to. give me strategies to deal with his bananas. i can't camp it, i cant shield it, i cant jump in the air, idk what to do.

Denti

Smash Master
Qft^

you could grab a banana and run your *** off

But that's no fun :(
i was honestly thinking about doing that.. just sandbagging. i've never actually wanted to or planned to sandbag in a MU before. it makes me rage so hard, the MU is 65-35 or 60-40 diddykong imo.. unless someone can help me out.

edit: it's like once you defend against the banana your punish for defending against it. if you get control diddy kong will run away to the other side of the stage or to the ledge until he gets banana control again or can punish you. it's the only MU i dont know.. please anyone help me. i know rich knows the diddy MU, i'll talk to him.. but idk how well he'd manage against a texas diddy LOL

Zori

Smash Champion
yeah :/ iv never heard of a good olimar beating a good diddy!

i know i complain about this MU a lot but i really think its diddys favor but only slightly. you have to make some incredible reads and almost never mess up

Denti

Smash Master
yeah :/ iv never heard of a good olimar beating a good diddy!

i know i complain about this MU a lot but i really think its diddys favor but only slightly. you have to make some incredible reads and almost never mess up
i've been thinking, im going to try and sandbag the diddys. thing is, olimar can out camp diddy for getting damage, but diddy can out pressure camp olimar if that makes any sense.

edit: ANOTHER QUESTION

when can oli break out of or do something about falco's CG? sometimes it feels like i can get out at 20%ish others i get CG till 38% then spiked.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
if you get control diddy kong will run away to the other side of the stage or to the ledge until he gets banana control again or can punish you.
Umm... If he's running to the other side of the stage, can't you just throw pikmin at him?

Top Bottom