• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost Songs found: Hatsune Miku for SSB4 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
That's pretty epic haha. Do you know if she appears in all systems of the game?
It's only in Monster Hunter Frontier G, in fact. It's a costume, similar to the Link costume in Monster Hunter 4.
But it's really cool, still!

About songs and copyright, I guess artists gets royalties. For example, I took a quick look into the songs list of Project Diva and Project Mirai 2, and they both feature the song "World is Mine", a known Hatsune Miku song that comes from the Japanese website Niconico.
Also, a song like Ievan Polkka (the song that gave her the leek... And it's because of a Bleach video :troll:) still can get in the game, beside being a cover of the song by the band Loituma.

Also, looking at the song list of Project Mirai 2, it seems that there's official producers, as some names are reccurring. http://vocaloid.wikia.com/wiki/Hatsune_Miku_Project_mirai_2

Last edited:

uzza

Smash Rookie
Wow it's been a long time since I've been here. Guess I'll be useful.

The Vocaloid software is basically an instrument, and as such a user of a Vocaloid voice bank like Hatsune Miku can use it to synthesize a singing voice track for a song and then sell it without any worries about copyright. At the same time, the user gains full copyright of any works they create using Vocaloid, just like any other work they would have created, unless of course if they've waived those rights under a contract etc.

Where copyright comes in to play is when someone wants to use the image or name of the products, you would need permission from the owners. In the case of Hatsune Miku that is Crypton Future Media.
So if you want to sell an album and prominently display that you used a specific Vocaloid vocie bank, you'd most likely need to contact the company that made it and get permission.
For Miku however, and other Japanese made Vocaloids, there is the doujin culture where most publishers tend to overlook small-scale commercial usages, though it's a grey area.

For Crypton made Vocaloids specifically, they are very open about allowing derivative works, and see it as a way to expand the culture. For this purpose they created the Piapro Character License, and more recently they adopted the CC BY-NC license for the original artwork of the characters.

So in conclusion, all rights for songs created using Vocaloids belong to creator that created those works unless transfered under a contract, and anyone that wants to use them, Like SEGA for Hatsune MIku: Project DIVA, needs to contact the creators ,or the label if they're signed to one, just like any other song.
Any commercial usages of the Vocaloids themselves, by name or image, needs permission/license from the company that created it.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

The Vocaloid software is basically an instrument, and as such a user of a Vocaloid voice bank like Hatsune Miku can use it to synthesize a singing voice track for a song and then sell it without any worries about copyright. At the same time, the user gains full copyright of any works they create using Vocaloid, just like any other work they would have created, unless of course if they've waived those rights under a contract etc.

Where copyright comes in to play is when someone wants to use the image or name of the products, you would need permission from the owners. In the case of Hatsune Miku that is Crypton Future Media.
So if you want to sell an album and prominently display that you used a specific Vocaloid vocie bank, you'd most likely need to contact the company that made it and get permission.
For Miku however, and other Japanese made Vocaloids, there is the doujin culture where most publishers tend to overlook small-scale commercial usages, though it's a grey area.

For Crypton made Vocaloids specifically, they are very open about allowing derivative works, and see it as a way to expand the culture. For this purpose they created the Piapro Character License, and more recently they adopted the CC BY-NC license for the original artwork of the characters.

So in conclusion, all rights for songs created using Vocaloids belong to creator that created those works unless transfered under a contract, and anyone that wants to use them, Like SEGA for Hatsune MIku: Project DIVA, needs to contact the creators ,or the label if they're signed to one, just like any other song.
Any commercial usages of the Vocaloids themselves, by name or image, needs permission/license from the company that created it.
Really, thanks you!
I think I was kinda right, but it's good to be sure.

Xhampi

Smash Lord

That's all I needed to know, thank you to have taken some of your time to give us an answer.

You can definitly count me as a supporter in that case <('u'<)

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

Oh wow, thanks for the explanation! It's always nice to have some clarification. Do you mind if I put this in the OP in case future readers might have any questions with copyrights?

I've updated the OP with various things, and I'd also like to make a playlist with songs featuring Miku. So if you guys have any songs you'd like to see, feel free to post them.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Not that I seriously think Miku has a chance, but on an interesting note, the newest Daigasso! Band Brothers game uses Vocaloid software and its opening song sounds a lot like Miku (you can hear it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vLamGGSav8).
Whoa, I didn't know that. That's pretty cool! Here's the reveal trailer here for those interested. Iwata turned into a Vocaloid... Iwataloid! :laugh:

Apparently, the game's getting a guest Vocaloid, being able to sing songs. The character is Aoki Lapis, and she's available on February 26. Source.

Even though I honestly don't think Miku's getting in, I'm happy that Vocaloid is getting some more recognition with Nintendo.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The game does use the Vocaloid technology. Really interesting indeed! Also, Iwatoid :laugh:

And yes, it seems the intro uses the Hatsune Miku voice.

I just want Miku now. I guess it won't happen. But I want her in Smash.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Oh hey, this thread exists? I love Vocaloid, so um... count me as a supporter I guess? And that is awesome refreshing news about it becoming more recognized by Nintendo.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Oh, also, on the topic of the character in Smash, I imagined the Final Smash to be Miku dancing (like the moveset in the first post) but with pyotechnical effects like during a concert... but attacking foes :awesome:

About other moves, she NEEDS to have some leeks, obviously.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
People want this thread locked yet crap like Hawlucha, heracross and other useless things have threads?
Well they are video games in origin, Nintendo characters on top of that. They really don't have much higher of a chance, I know, but they do have a substantially higher chance (that is above practically none) to have some form of representation in the game.

As for the topic character, I don't mean to be a hater but: No, no, nooo, just so much no. I could say more, but to be nice, I'll bite my tongue and leave it there.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
As for the topic character, I don't mean to be a hater but: No, no, nooo, just so much no. I could say more, but to be nice, I'll bite my tongue and leave it there.
In fact, I'd like to know why "no". We won't bite :troll: But it's always better to know why. And it's not like the character is likely anyway.

uzza

Smash Rookie
Oh wow, thanks for the explanation! It's always nice to have some clarification. Do you mind if I put this in the OP in case future readers might have any questions with copyrights?
Sure go right ahead.
The game does use the Vocaloid technology. Really interesting indeed! Also, Iwatoid :laugh:
And yes, it seems the intro uses the Hatsune Miku voice.
I just want Miku now. I guess it won't happen. But I want her in Smash.
Having listened a huge amount of Miku, I don't recognize any Miku in the intro. If anything it sounds more like Kagamine Rin. But it's a Vocaloid in any case.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Sure go right ahead.

Having listened a huge amount of Miku, I don't recognize any Miku in the intro. If anything it sounds more like Kagamine Rin. But it's a Vocaloid in any case.
I was more thinking of the voices doing the starman theme at the beginning of the song. But the lyrics seems to be Kagamine Rin now that you mention it.

I'm not a Vocaloid expert Embarrass

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
In fact, I'd like to know why "no". We won't bite :troll: But it's always better to know why. And it's not like the character is likely anyway.
Well, the thing is - and why I didn't continue - I am a hater of Hatsune Miku and her/the Vocaloids'...music. I find it all so stupid that her presence in the game might actually break it all for me.

But I didn't want to go that far. I was just going to leave it at "She has no chance. Thank goodness."

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, the thing is - and why I didn't continue - I am a hater of Hatsune Miku and her/the Vocaloids'...music. I find it all so stupid that her presence in the game might actually break it all for me.

But I didn't want to go that far. I was just going to leave it at "She has no chance. Thank goodness."
Well, don't worry, I can understand that. As a music fan, I can understand two points of view: or the Vocaloid system is cool because it give you access to digitalized voice, or it's stupid because they are digitalized voice. And the fact a virtual character becamed an Idol there is also something weird for the occidental public.

Also, she really is a japanese concept. It's like a... lot of things. Needs to sell Windows 8? Put lolis on the box. Needs to promote Internet Explorer? Make an anime with a loli. Needs to sell Fukushima's ramen? Personify them with lolis. Needs a mascot for the region of Hakkaido? Make it a zombie loli (totally true).
And on, and on... I find this fun, personnally. But I can understand it's somewhat weird.

The thing is: I can't resist those twintails (´・ω・`)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Miku is totally kawaii but her chances of being in Sm4sh are hilariously low.
Yeah, I know :(

On the topic of Hatsune Miku, I wondered, IF she makes in, what colors could she have?
For example, the blue one could be Snow Miku inspired, and a Red/Orange one could be Racing Miku inspired.

But other colors?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Hmm, I'm thinking the colour palette would be something basic. Not sure if Miku's hair would be tinted to match her chosen colour, however, I think it would be a lot less confusing if so.

I would love it if they put more effort in the colours, though, like the Snow Miku. Here some other examples I would love to see:

Perhaps a red colour based on Sakura Miku, except, maybe a bit more reddish:

Perhaps a colour based on Akita Neru:

Or Teto. Yay for parodies!

This costume is from the Project Diva games, and one of my faves:

Totally be overjoyed to see it somehow. The hair seems like it would be fun to make for a cosplay, as there's some beautiful gradients going on.

There's a lot of ideas they could use for colours. :laugh:

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Oh, also, a Black★Rock Shooter seems to be mandatory to me. I mean, the color scheme, not the whole outfit (would be a bit too much)

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
This thread makes me laugh. HAHAHA! Someone make a 3rd party smash game and put in Miku Hatsune!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Hope ya'll don't mind the bump, but I did touch up on the OP a little.

And, for those who don't know, Hatsune Miku will open Lady Gaga's ARTPOP Ball tour. The tour's in select US and Canadian cities, from May 6 to June 3 -- this virtual pop star is going to be featured in a lot of cities.

I'm not a fan of Gaga, but she does have a large fanbase, so Miku is getting more publicity in the West either way. This is good news actually, but for some reason I find it kinda funny. I'm excited to see how the tour will go now haha.

zkaka3000

Smash Cadet
ahhh yesyes Miku is a real cute character, it would actually be sweet if she was in a trophy or something. A stage as a platform concert is a fun idea,it would be cool to include different songs for the stage like re: package by miku, the intros just really cute.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Hehe. Funny that Miku could be a legitimate contender. I kind of like the idea of non-gaming icons still being game icons. She needs to be a legendary gaming icon first.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
If Miku gets in, I shall allow Smash Bros stuff to be in my collection of Vocaloid Figma's/Nenodroids/games/other stuff <3 Seriously, if it happens, I can even picture Chorus Kids opening up for her concerts.

That Project Miral 2 Remix localization announcement was also great. Happens right after I import a Japanese 3DS though x_x So I guess I'll stick with the first game for now.

Severn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-4772-7152
Isn't she like a 4th party character or something like that? Standards are extremely high for 3rd party, let alone 4th party. But hey, if she's a unique, fun character I'm down for it.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
For those who didn't know, Project Mirai will be released in Europe and USA next year!
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/02/hatsune-miku-project-mirai-2-coming-west-enhanced-features/

If I recall well, Project Diva, the PSVita game, will come as well.
Thanks for the link. Funny how I posted the news in every thread but here. v_v Time to update the OP!

But, I have to admit, I was kinda surprised that Project Mirai Remix is getting localized. I'm glad though, as I'm totally getting the game once it comes out.

I think there's a slim chance that Miku could be a trophy, specifically her Project Mirai design (as the 3DS games are very popular in Japan). Well, if we're gonna get some other 3rd party trophies that is. I do think that Miku needs to star in more games to be seriously considered, and Project Mirai Remix being on a Nintendo console and getting localized is a great start.

Shirarisun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shirarisun
3DS FC
4484-7795-7328
I adore Miku (durr hurr my avatar) and I wouldn't mind seeing her in, but imo she will NEVER appear EVER in a million years, which is why I hate people requesting her to Sakurai, she isn't a video game character, she's a vocal synthesiser.

But either way, I can make some specials based around her songs, but it probably wouldn't work because of copyright issues of the actual song creators (SEGA doesn't really own the songs used in the Project Diva/Mirai games)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, she is a character from a software more from a video game, for sure. But I do consider the Wii Fit Trainer as a character from a software as well.

Sure, there's entertaining games with your Miis and all, but the main goal is serious business!

Shirarisun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shirarisun
3DS FC
4484-7795-7328
I lied. I just got the set done.

Warning: I am unoriginal.

(Note: these drawings are just to show what the attacks look like. I draw much better than this.)

Well, of course Miku needs a leek attack.
The Leek Slap works similar to the Fan item, but it hits slower, and as a result, is less spammy. Deals 3-5% per hit.
Miku also uses a leek in some of her regular smash attacks.

(Yes, the carton says "Popipo")
Attack similar to the Llyoid Rocket, except Miku always stays on it, and it doesn't explode when it ends. Deals 12% damage with medium knockback.

An attack in which Miku sings a note and sound waves come out. The attack has a short range, and everyone who touches Miku takes 3% of damage (the attack has an electrical effect that repeats 5 times, so the max damage of this is 15%) and it lasts 2 seconds. Low knockback.
Btw, here is the range compared to (just pretend) Brawl's Final Destination.

(I'm sorry I had no ideas)
Acts similar to Snake's up special, but whoever touches Miku gets 2% of damage done to them (this is also a multi-hit move, max 16% damage, however this is much easier to get out of than the Sound Waves). Very short knockback.

(I didn't know what to call this. I was going to call it "Koi wa Sensou" because that's what I based this off of, but it didn't fit what the final smash actually does.)
This final smash is very similar to Tabuu's Off Waves. Like Jigglypuff's Final Smash, the range is dependent on the stage you are on, For example this would be a hard hitting move in Final Destination, but it wouldn't have as good of a range in the Temple. Very high knockback, almost a KO.

Sooo... thoughts?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I lied. I just got the set done.

Warning: I am unoriginal.

(Note: these drawings are just to show what the attacks look like. I draw much better than this.)

Well, of course Miku needs a leek attack.
The Leek Slap works similar to the Fan item, but it hits slower, and as a result, is less spammy. Deals 3-5% per hit.
Miku also uses a leek in some of her regular smash attacks.

(Yes, the carton says "Popipo")
Attack similar to the Llyoid Rocket, except Miku always stays on it, and it doesn't explode when it ends. Deals 12% damage with medium knockback.

An attack in which Miku sings a note and sound waves come out. The attack has a short range, and everyone who touches Miku takes 3% of damage (the attack has an electrical effect that repeats 5 times, so the max damage of this is 15%) and it lasts 2 seconds. Low knockback.
Btw, here is the range compared to (just pretend) Brawl's Final Destination.

(I'm sorry I had no ideas)
Acts similar to Snake's up special, but whoever touches Miku gets 2% of damage done to them (this is also a multi-hit move, max 16% damage, however this is much easier to get out of than the Sound Waves). Very short knockback.

(I didn't know what to call this. I was going to call it "Koi wa Sensou" because that's what I based this off of, but it didn't fit what the final smash actually does.)
This final smash is very similar to Tabuu's Off Waves. Like Jigglypuff's Final Smash, the range is dependent on the stage you are on, For example this would be a hard hitting move in Final Destination, but it wouldn't have as good of a range in the Temple. Very high knockback, almost a KO.

Sooo... thoughts?
Oh wow, those pics that go with the moves are adorable! I'd make pictures for my moveset if I didn't suck at drawing. They'd just be stickmen lol

Thanks for coming up with a moveset, it's nice to see different ideas. The moveset's straightforward but still looks like fun. And the Side Special is hilarious. Can I add this to the OP?

Shirarisun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shirarisun
3DS FC
4484-7795-7328
Oh wow, those pics that go with the moves are adorable! I'd make pictures for my moveset if I didn't suck at drawing. They'd just be stickmen lol

Thanks for coming up with a moveset, it's nice to see different ideas. The moveset's straightforward but still looks like fun. And the Side Special is hilarious. Can I add this to the OP?
Sure thing.

You never need my permission for things like this. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom