• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[LoLiS] MI Circuit (Ann Arbor) MISSION COMPLETE; Total: $5030($1081)

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
This reminds me... I not only need to request this day off, but I also need partners for both Brawl and Melee. ^_^;

EDIT: Oh, and this.

this is lookin like a lot of fun!
Dope and mikey,
someone needs to call up montross get some old school smashers up in dis

what's the earliest i need to be there to play in melee singles/dubs?
(planning out trip)

i'm down for crews for sure!
west Mi WILL dominate......melee
Earns you this. *GLOMP* Missed you! ^_^

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
me and L_cancel are gunna be doin dubz so im not doin melee srry Scotu no melee for me

Vilt

Smash Lord
Ooo~! Question. I dunno if this is like for State Rankings or something so would it be a problem if I came to one of these tournaments? I might be in Ann Arbor sometime in October and would love to see the scene.

Vilt

Smash Lord
Cool. Even if one of theses doesn't end up around the time I come, I'd like to smash with some peeps.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Ooo~! Question. I dunno if this is like for State Rankings or something so would it be a problem if I came to one of these tournaments? I might be in Ann Arbor sometime in October and would love to see the scene.
You're more than welcome to attend. While there is an overall rankings system, unless you manage to get a top placing over the whole ~8 tournament series just while you're here (and you can't make it to the last event), then there certainly are no rankings concerns.

Jermesque

Smash Apprentice
So I'm smart. I just realized that these will take place on Saturdays. I work 12-8 every Saturday.

I'm gonna try to change that.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Rules updated to include prototype SBR-B and SBR-M concepts

This includes a new clause prohibiting obvious attempts at distraction (such as loudly yelling at a player when they're CGing you) or other means of obstructing interaction with the game (such as attempting to block another player's view of the screen).

More importantly is the Prototype first round stage selection process known as the "Hybrid Stage Strike System" for both Brawl and Melee. This system takes the starter set and has each player strike a number of stages until there are 3 stages left, which will be chosen from at random which is the first stage to be played on. (this means in Brawl each player gets 1 strike from the 5 starters, and in Melee each player gets 2 strikes from the 7 starters).

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
KJ64 Eh?

Doesn't this contradict what you said in your above post of 7 starter maps?

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

personally i'm not too happy about this new system
i guess i'll try it out before i start *****ing

SCOTU

Smash Hero
essentially, the new system simply makes the random selection between the most neutral of the neutrals for any given matchup

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
lol, why don't you just have 3 strikes per person then....wouldn't that be even more neutral?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'd rather not play at all and just declare someone to be the winner, because we know exactly how the set would've gone anyway.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Chibo's video for the masses rule or whatever?

I like Ankoku's idea.

BlackWaive

Smash Rookie
Mmm, Bursely is just a short walk away...

I don't have the cash to participate, but at least I can watch.

Top Bottom