• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac, W.V.B.A. Champion confirmed for SSB4

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
>>>>>>>>>LITTLE MAC<<<<<<<<<<

PUNCHES IN!

COLORS
(List of color swaps and alternate costumes)

-Minor Circuit

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/400x240q90/673/sv7rs5.jpg

-Major Circuit

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/400x240q90/537/D9i0LJ.jpg

-World Circuit

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/400x240q90/631/asTsnx.jpg

-Title Defense

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/400x240q90/912/nS7BxP.jpg

-2nd Player

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/400x240q90/673/04PFLq.jpg

-NES Standby

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/400x240q90/661/aXNopx.jpg

-Super Punch Out! Mac

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/400x240q90/674/Bzydel.jpg

-Training Suit

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/400x240q90/540/PIdW2n.jpg

Alt.Costume: Wireframe Mac / Arcade boxer

In addition to Little Mac's color schemes, Sakurai added a Wireframe version to all of these colors.
For those who don't know, the Wireframe boxer hails from the Arcade Punch Out! games.

Since I don't want to clutter this page with too many images, I'm going to put a link for the Wireframe variation to each color swap just below each image.

(These images were taken from Serebii.net.)

==========================================================================

Past disclaimer:

Little Mac and Nintendo go WAY back, being not only one of the most iconic characters from the past, but also important to Ninty's history as well.

This is most likely the reason why Nintendo chose to make this small-sized boxer relevant again, through Super Smash Bros Brawl as an Assist Trophy, Captain Rainbow as part of the story, and last and most important of all, the Punch Out remake for Wii, who re-introduced Little Mac worldwide to both old gamers and new.

Being as iconic and important as he is, it's strange that it's taking him THIS long to join the roster of Nintendo all stars.

The moveset potential for Little Mac is actually broader than one might think... With at least 5 games to choose from.
For standard moves, obviously quick jabs. For stronger/smash moves hooks and straight punches would do the trick.

As for specials, he could have the standard Star Punch (for recovery), or the lightning quick flurry of punches from Super Punch Out!, or the health-regaining move from either game, and counter attacks too.

MUSIC
(List of confirmed tracks)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuDodXJowlk
Training theme + Countdown (Mac losing) [New Arrangement]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEkqZyC73Yg
Minor Circuit (Punch Out Wii)​

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW6U_wQOGtM
Training sequence (Punch Out! Ft. Mr. Dream)

MOVESETS:

Since Little Mac is now a character, I think there is no purpose in keeping the old movesets However, I have them archived just in case people want them here again.

On to the official moveset!

SPECIALS:

:GCN::GCB: Straight Lunge

A charging punch attack. The more you hold B, the stronger the punch, and the longer distance Mac will travel horizontally across the stage. But beware, the longer the charge, the longer the cooldown.
This move also boasts super-armor.

K.O. + :GCN::GCB: K.O. Uppercut

As Little Mac takes damage, or deals it, a Power Meter above his percentage counter will start filling up. When this meter is full, a K.O. sign will flash. When it does, Little Mac gains access to K.O. Uppercut, a devastating uppercut which has the potential of K.O.ing opponents in one blow.
The K.O. Meter will be cancelled if during it's flashes Little Mac takes some sort of damage. If this happens, he'll have to start filling it all over again. The K.O. meter will also reset upon using the K.O. uppercut, no matter if it lands or misses.

:GCR::GCB: Jolt Haymaker

This can be considered Little Mac's main form of recovery. The Jolt Haymaker makes Mac lunge horizontally into the air, avoiding projectiles, while landing a fierce punch that meteor smashes.
They say it travels a greater distance if executed from the ground, so it's best to be careful when and where to use this while grounded.
You can also make the attack end sooner if you input the same command before the attack ends.

:GCU::GCB: Rising Uppercut

Little Mac's recovery move, the Rising Uppercut, has a good vertical travel distance and power if executed from the ground. On the air, it's a bit of a gimped version, which means this isn't the optimal form of recovery for the boxer.
The only time when this form of recovery is useful, is when Little Mac is DIRECTLY beneath the edge he's aiming to hold on to.
Think of it like Wolf's UP+B in Brawl, or Luigi's UP+B in Melee. If you are slightly off to the sides, you might not make it.
The attack itself hits multiple times on its way up, and delivers a finishing blow when at its peak. From the ground, it's a more reliable kill move (confirmation needed).

:GCD::GCB: Slip Counter

Little Mac's Slip Counter is pretty much that, a counter. And one of the strongest ones apparently.
The counter, from what I've seen, sends opponents flying upward and away.
Since Little Mac's aerials get outprioritized easily by pretty much every other character in the game, Slip Counter is a good tool to use alongside air-dodging to make it back to the ground safely.
One detail that set this counter apart from other counters is that Little Mac takes one step forward to counterattack. Meaning this is a good aproach option against close and middle-ranged characters.

GROUND ATTACKS:
:GCN::GCA: Jabs / Jab combo / Finishing uppercut.
:GCR::GCA:One-Two
:GCD::GCA:Sweep punch
:GCU::GCA:Uppercut

:GCR::GCR::GCA: Downward haymaker

:GCCR: Straight Punch (steps in to perform a straight punch, has Super Armor)
:GCCUR: Uppercut Rush (steps in and performs an uppercut)
:GCCDR: Body blow (flinches opponent leaving him open for a follow up)
:GCCU: Fierce Uppercut (An overhead hook. Has Super Armor)
:GCCD: Double sweep punch. (Performs a sweeping punch in front of him and behind him)

:GCZ::GCA: Clinch / Gut punch
:GCZ::GCD:Slam down
:GCZ::GCU:Chin punch
:GCZ::GCR:Punch away
:GCZ::GCL:Punch away

AERIAL ATTACKS:
:GCN::GCA: Double jab
:GCR::GCA: Horizontal hook
:GCD::GCA: Downward punch
:GCL::GCA: Backhand punch
:GCU::GCA: Overhead punch

FINAL SMASH

For a brief while, Little Mac will turn into Giga Mac.
As Giga Mac, his attacks will be a lot stronger, and basically becomes Super Armor embodied. He'll tank ANY attack, although he'll still take damage (confirmation needed?).
His movement is pretty much the same, but his range is also increased due to his hulking size.

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
While I believe his inclusion is within the realm of possibility, I sure as heck couldn't think of a moveset for the guy. He's truly a character that requires some major imagination to pull off, in my opinion.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Imagine something similar to Marth's moveset, but with punches instead of a sword. Scary in that it fits.

Also something to considering - knowing Sakurai, he will probably just rip stuff off from the other boxers and call it a day, considering the Earthbound characters. 10 bucks on Mac having Aran Ryan's glove-on-a-rope.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Kind of surprised it took so LONG for this thread to be made. Little Mac just has to happened. Can not wait to fight in a boxing ring with a cheering crowd.

He would add so much to the roster, it's fine if his moveset on its own isn't that GRIPPING. But it's not even as bad as some make it out to be. He's no Urban Champion.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Definitely would be cool if he could borrow some moves from other fighting game characters. Cross Counter! :awesome:
That video will never get old.
Certainly has more possible moves now than he did Pre-Brawl.
You are very much right about that. I don't know how well received Punch-Out on the Wii was, but the fact that Nintendo recognized the Punch-Out series must mean they have Little Mac in mind still, so his inclusion in Smash 4, as stated earlier, is possible.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Kind of surprised it took so LONG for this thread to be made. Little Mac just has to happened. Can not wait to fight in a boxing ring with a cheering crowd.

He would add so much to the roster, it's fine if his moveset on its own isn't that GRIPPING. But it's not even as bad as some make it out to be. He's no Urban Champion.
I love the idea of a Boxing ring stage.

Sure, it'll be small, but it'd probably be considered a neutral stage.

(Unless the crowd throws stuff at you).

Added my moveset ideas, just in case. :D

Junahu

Smash Ace
I am kind of hoping for one of Little Mac's opponents rather than Little Mac himself, seeing as how it's Mac's foes that have all the charisma and character that makes Punch Out so much fun.

Still, Punch Out absolutely needs a character rep, rather than just the Assist trophy it got in Brawl.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Little Mac would definitely spice up the Smash Bros. action. In terms of his opponents though, Glass Joe would make an amusing Assist Trophy.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Little Mac just needs to be in. Honestly, he's one of the few rather big faces of Nintendo not yet included. Whether he has his own moves, or those of other boxers, he'll probably be a fun character. Giga Mac is obvious Final Smash material.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Little Mac just needs to be in. Honestly, he's one of the few rather big faces of Nintendo not yet included. Whether he has his own moves, or those of other boxers, he'll probably be a fun character. Giga Mac is obvious Final Smash material.
Completely agree.

Definitely needs to be in. I'm not sure why some people would rather play as his enemies, though. I mean I know they have more personality than him, but that can go for pretty much most Nintendo villains when compared to the heroes. In fact, that's a sharing trait among MOST universal villains.

Little Mac is perhaps one of the most emotional Nintendo characters.
He laughs, celebrates, cries, gets angry.. So I'm not so sure where his "genericness" comes from, as some people like to point out. IMO he has even more personality than characters like Link or Samus (before Other M), but that's just my opinion.

D

Deleted member

As much as I would enjoy seeing Mac in since I've been playing Punch-Out Wii for quite a bit (and beating up King Hippo repeatedly for fun and stress relief), I do have a bit of doubts about Mac with how he's a bit limited (to which Sakurai denied a similar character, the Urban Champion), as well as not too popular in Japan (though did that stop Samus?).
I mean, I can see him working really well, but can Sakurai?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To be honest, Urban Champion didn't have nearly as much source material as Mac does. Even if it resorts to using other boxers' moves, at least he has that option. Urban Champion didn't have that luxury. Plus, there could be a nice thing going with Star power. I don't think it'll be too difficult, even for Sakurai.

Just my three cents. Yep, an extra cent for free.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
On the bright side though, he doesn't require as many moves as other boxing themed characters in other fighting games. Definitely would be cool if he could borrow some moves from other fighting game characters. Cross Counter! :awesome:
The game has a lot to do with dodging attacks and countering, so it would fit perfectly with mac's style. The attack would likely be where he puts up his fist and when attacked he dodges and counter attacks. It could also have an element where if you time it just right, it's stronger(he could go behind you for a 2 hit attack).

Also like to see this.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I fully support Little Mac in SSB4U.

if you would like, I made some recolors for the boxer as well as a icon to represent the Punc-Out!! franchise. Feel free to use it.

Punch-Out!!

Little Mac Palette Swap
  • Red-Stripe Little Mac – Based Doc Louis.
  • Red-White Little Mac – Based on Glass Joe.
  • Purple Little Mac – Based on King Hippo.
  • Green Little Mac – Based on Mr. Sandman
  • Blue Little Mac – Based on Little Mac from Super Punch-Out!!

I also made a move set using the ability for Little Mac to switch between Offensive and Defensive stances. Each stance has a separate move set and a special B moves.

[COLLAPSE="My Little Mac Move Set"]Special B Offensive Move Set

One, Two, Three is Little Mac’s Neutral B move. It is a three part combo move. Pressing B will cause Little Mac to do a right hook. Pressing B again will cause Little Mac to step forward slightly and jab with his left hand. Finally, pressing B again will cause Little Mac to dash forward quickly and do a half uppercut. The first attack does 8% damage, the second attack does 10% damage, and the final attack does 9% damage. Overall, it does 27% damage. Can be uses in mid-air but doesn’t travel as far.

Rushing King is Little Mac’s Side B attack. Little Mac dashes forward and does a straight right jab. Can meteor smash if sweetspotted. It can be charged which will affect the length of the attack. It does 15% regular, 24% sweetspotted.

Star Uppercut is Little Mac’s Up B move and his recovery move. Little Mac uppercuts hard as he sails through the air. He moves slightly forward while in the air. It has above average knockback and does 18% damage.

Stance Change: Offensive/Defensive is Little Mac’s Down B move. Little Mac shifts his fighting style from offensive to defensive. During this, Little Mac’s stats change as well as his moves. All block moves have Super Armor and negate knock back UNLESS down in the air.

Defensive Special B Move Set

Body Block is Little Mac’s Neutral B move. Little Mac Brings his gloves close to him. Any attacks to his chest are lowered by 8-14%.

Aggressive Block is Little Mac’s Side B move. Little Mac raises his arms slightly. This technique can protect against more powerful attacks and cut them in half but it has a much more shorter duration.

Head Block is Little Mac’s Up B move. This technique is actually not a recovery move. Little Mac raises his arms to block his face and head. Any attacks to his head are reduced by 10%. It has the largest duration.

Stance Change: Offensive/Defensive is Little Mac’s Down B move. Little Mac shifts his fighting style from offensive to defensive. During this, Little Mac’s stats change as well as his moves. All block moves have Super Armor and negate knock back UNLESS down in the air.

Final Smash

Giga Mac is Little Mac’s Final Melee.. Little Mac transforms into Giga Mac. While Giga Max is much slower, he is extremely strong and all of his attacks receive a 40% boost in attack damage. He can KO as low as 45%. The duration lasts 15 seconds.

Little Mac's Move Set

-Offensive-

Ground Attacks
Normal

Neutral Attack – Punches three times after pressing A as a combo, each dealing 3% damage each. If held down on the last punch, Little Mac does a rapid punch attack that does 1% damage each hit.
Dash Attack – Delivers a dashing uppercut. Does average knock back and 14% damage. Can KO as low as 100%. Quick start up but slow ending lag.
Strong Side – Right hook. Delivers a powerful right handed hook. Does 12% damage but does below-average knock back.
Strong Up – Little Mac swipes his fist over him. Has a wide range of attack and does fairly good knock back. However, it has lower priority and slow start up/ending lag.
Strong Down – Does a leg-aimed jab. Can cause the opponent to trip. Does 8% damage and very low knock back. It’s only usefulness is to trio opponents. It is fairly quick though and has nice reach.

Smash

Forward Smash – Rears back and delivers a powerful punish attack. Little Mac slightly propels himself forward while punching but barely. It can do between 23-26% damage and has very good diagonal knock back. It has a slow start up but no ending lag. It has very good priority against attacks and excellent reach.

Up Smash – Does a spinning uppercut. Very quick attack but it has a slow ending lag that can be punished. It does between 18-23% damage but can be sweetspotted at the top of the glove for 23-28% damage. It deals very high vertical knock back and can be used to intercept falling enemies.

Down Smash – A crouching spinning lariat. Little Mac stretches out his arms and spins on his foot while crocuhing. Can hit three times and deals the most amount of knock back at the last hit. It deals about 26-28% damage. It has horrible ending lag but it is a quick attack that can guard against other attacks due to it’s high priority. The first two attacks do virtually no knock back thus allowing to combo characters.

Other

Ledge attack – Jumps up and slams his fist down. Does 7% damage and is pretty quick.
100% Ledge attack – climbs up the stage and does a forward powerful punch. It does 10% damage and decent/average knock back.
Floor attack – Does a very quick low jab. Does 5% damage and below-average knockback.

Aerial Attacks

Neutral Aerial – Does a left handed punch that is slightly angled downwards. Does 12% damage. However, it does below-average knock back and has slow landing lag. However, it is a quick attack and can be comboned in later.
Forward Aerial – A straight forward jab followed by a smaller, quicker jab. Does 13% damage first hit, 3% damage the second hit. However, the second hit deals more knock back and than the first but only if the two connect. It has average knock back and has zero start up/landing lag thus making it one of Mac’s better aerials.
Back Aerial – A powerful backhand. Deals low knock back but does 16% worth of damage and makes it his most powerful aerial. It has slow start up though but little landing lag. I has lower priority than his other aerials though and shorter reach since Little Mac has to turn around. Overall, a powerful but slow/clumsy move.
Up Aerial – Spins upwards with his fists stretched out. Much like his down smash attack. It deals 15% damage if all three hits and does the amount of knock back at the end of the last hit. In fact, if sweetspotted in the last hit, it does 18% damage instead and much higher knock back. However, it is slow and a bad landing lag.
Down Aerial – Little Mac brings his legs up and punches both fists downwards. It can be a meteor smash if sweetspotted. It does 13% damage normally and 16% damage if sweetspotted. It can be short hopped since it is a fairly quick move. It has high priority.

Grabs & Throws

Pummel – Knocks the opponent with a punch in the head. Does 3% and is a slower pummel.
Forward Throw – Lets go of the opponent and then brings a powerful two hand smash down on the opponent and knocks them into the ground. Can Star KO/Meteor Smash if near a edge. It does 9% damage and his most powerful throw.
Back Throw – Throws the opponent backwards by slaming them on the ground. Does 6% damage and deals average knock back. It has a thrown chain grab at earlier percentages but high knock back tends to stop it at higher percentages.
Up Throw – Hoists the opponent on his fist and then launches them from his fist. It actually does two hits, first hit does 2% and the next hit does 5% damage. This is because Little Mac punches the opponent and sends the player into the air. High vertical knock back but a very slow throw.
Down Throw – Knocks the opponent down and punches them in the gut. It does 7% damage and it can stun a player momentarily. It is very quick but deals no knock back.

-Defensive-

Ground Attacks

Normal

Neutral Attack – Delivers a short jab and then a second short jab. It A is pressed again, Little Mac rushes forward and punches the opponent at very close range. It does 2% damage each hit.
Dash Attack – Does a straight forward punch but, right after the attack, Little Mac springs slightly back. This allows him to avoid any attacks afterward. It deals 6% damage.
Strong Side – A lower gut aimed attack. It can stun players momentarily. It is a slower but more powerful attack and deals above-average knock back. It does 12% damage,
Strong Up – Brings his arms above him and makes a X shape. It can block many high priority attacks in the middle of its animation. Attacks such as Link’s Dair, Yoshi Bomb, and Zero Suit Samus’s Dair can be blocked but larger/heavier opponents such as Donkey Kong, Bowser, and Bowser Jr. can bypass this block. However, damaged is reduced by 15%.
Strong Down – Does a short uppercut. Little Mac keeps his punches close to him and creates less space between his body and the punch. It does 13% damage and deals average vertical knock back. It has quick start up/ending lag.

Smash

Forward Smash – Little Mac performs a powerful gut punch followed by a straight forward punch. It deals 8% during the first hit and 9% on the second hit. Altogether it does 17-20% damage. It has no ending lag but his punches are slower and can be punished after the second attack.

Up Smash – Jumps up sightly diagonally and jabs his opponent with both fists. However, due to the proximity of his fists to his body, it appears he’s ramming the opponent with his shoulder. It propels Little Mac forward slightly and he has Super Armor during the dash upward. It does 20-23% damage.

Down Smash – Little Mac does a wide-hitting uppercut. At the end of the attack, Little Mac is no longer crouching. It does high vertical knock back and does 19-21% damage. It is a slower attack but it has high priority and disjointed hitbixes.

Other

Ledge attack – Little Mac pulls himself up and does a close forward punch. It has little reach and only does 4% damage.
100% Ledge – Climbs onto the stage and then quickly dodges behind the opponent thus putting them next to the ledge. Little Mac thrn does a high knockback attack that does 12% damage. One of the best 100% Ledge attacks due to putting the opponent between him and the ledge.
Floor attack – Does a short jab. Very fast. Does 2% damage.

Aerial Attacks

Neutral Aerial – Little Mac performs a X shaped guard at his chest. It can protect himself against most attacks but, if a sweetspotted Zelda Fair or Donkey Kong’s Fair connects, it will shatter the guard and cause Little Mac to fall in a helpless state. It’s at its strongest during the middle of the move.
Forward Aerial – A strong diagonally upward punch. It does 13% damage and knocks the opponent upwards. It has average knockback but suffers from landing lag.
Back Aerial – Little Mac turns and punches. It has longer range than most of his Defensive Stance attacks but it has poor startup and can’t be short hopped. It does 15% damage and does horizontal knock back.
Up Aerial – Basically a aerial version of the offensive Strong Up attack. It has shorter range than the Strong Up and, if short hopped, creates landing lag. Little Mac has Super Armor during this point.
Down Aerial – Does downward X shaped guard. It causes Little Mac to fall downward faster than regular falling speed. However, it protects up upward attacks such as Up Smash attacks. It can protect Little Mac from all uncharged Up Smash attacks but fully charged or powerful Up Specials can shatter his guard and cause him to freefall. He has Super Armor during the middle of the attack. Has bad landing lag if he misses and hits the ground.

Grabs & Throws

Pummel – Bops the opponent in the head. Weak but slow pummel. Does 2% damage.
Forward Throw – Pushes the opponent with a powerful push. Does 5% damage and downward knock back. A very quick throw that can be possibly chain grabbed.
Back Throw – Turns around and tosses to opponent with a swing. Does 8% damage and horizontal knockback.
Up Throw – Holds the opponent and uppercuts them. Little Mac’s most powerful Defensive Stance throw. Dies 12% damage and high vertical knock back.
Down Throw – Takes the opponent, holds him or her over his head, and slams them to the grouund. Spikes the opponent upwards after. Does 6% damage but is a slower throw.[/COLLAPSE]

D

Deleted member

Well, Mac already has alternate colors from the Wii game, so I can see those being his alternate colors in Smash.
Default/Green Team-Minor Circuit
Blue Team-Major Circuit
Red Team-World Circuit
Other 1-Title Defense
Other 2-Player 2

Also, I forgot that Mac had some other moves in Multiplayer Mode (don't play that mode much since I hardly get another player for it). Yeah, he should be fine. I have less doubts.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well, Mac already has alternate colors from the Wii game, so I can see those being his alternate colors in Smash.
Default/Green Team-Minor Circuit
Blue Team-Major Circuit
Red Team-World Circuit
Other 1-Title Defense
Other 2-Player 2

Also, I forgot that Mac had some other moves in Multiplayer Mode (don't play that mode much since I hardly get another player for it). Yeah, he should be fine. I have less doubts.
Ahh ok. I see. I decided to base them off the other boxers but I can see that happened too.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I fully support Little Mac in SSB4U.

if you would like, I made some recolors for the boxer as well as a icon to represent the Punc-Out!! franchise. Feel free to use it.

Punch-Out!!

Little Mac Palette Swap
  • Red-Stripe Little Mac – Based Doc Louis.
  • Red-White Little Mac – Based on Glass Joe.
  • Purple Little Mac – Based on King Hippo.
  • Green Little Mac – Based on Mr. Sandman
  • Blue Little Mac – Based on Little Mac from Super Punch-Out!!

I also made a move set using the ability for Little Mac to switch between Offensive and Defensive stances. Each stance has a separate move set and a special B moves.
That was REALLY extensive! :O

Kudos for you being able to come up with TWO movesets! Some of those ideas are really cool! Like cutting through powerful moves with super-armor-like dashes.

Some are kina weird (blocking only 10%? Might as well use shield, no?)

But overall, great movesets. And great color swaps too!

I really really dig Doc Louis uniform, and the Snes Mac uniform!

The icon's great too! It'll be great discussing other things such as music, stages, assist trophies, etc with you.

Lechteron

Smash Apprentice
If you think that a boxing character lacks moves then I highly encourage you to watch/read Hajime no Ippo.

I'd like to see Little Mac be a quick, short range powerhouse sort of character. He'd be short and have a pretty small attack range because of it but he'd be fast and have a good balance of combos and KO moves.

A - 1,2 jab combo. Can become a rapid tap type move.
Ftilt - Straight
FSmash - A quick jab with very little knock back to momentarily stun an opponent followed by a strong right straight.
Utilt - Uppercut
Fsmash - Uppercut combo
Dtilt - Body blow (Good at damaging shields)
Dsmash - Body blow combo. Several hits that can really destroy some one's shields but if they aren't blocking, the first hit will usually knock the enemy far enough back so as to avoid the strong final blow.

Uspecial - Flying Uppercut. A short dash forward followed by a mid vertical recovery.
Nspecial - Super Punch. A charged punch like DK but with a forward dash of equal distance to the uppercut when fully charged.
Fspecial - Dash. The same dash mentioned in the previous specials but with super armor. Can be comboed in to his normal attacks.
Dspecial - Stance Change. He can switch between three stances that affect his attacks.

Stances:

In-fighting - Little Mac keeps his guard up and has a good balance between speed and power. Has the furthest and fastest dash for closing the distance. Meant for high pressure comboing with good damage and the best mind games.

Out-fighting - Mac keeps one hand out to judge distance and stands taller. His attack speed gets faster and he gets a little better range due to how he stands but his damage is lowered significantly as he's trying to win by points and avoid taking damage. Has a weak dash and his shield recovers a little faster. Has almost no KOing power. Flying uppercut goes higher. Meant for a more defensive, poking style.

Brawling - Mac takes on a more aggressive stance as he goes for the KO. His damage gets a slight increase and his knockback gets a some what better increase but his speed suffers tremendously. Each blow will likely knock an enemy back far enough to make comboing difficult. This is all about the big, heavy, single blows. Has a medium dash but the forward special version loses it's super armor so he can be easily punished.

Overview:
The idea is to make LM in to some thing of a real life sort of boxer but still fitting his character. He's short which hurts his range but he has above average power and attack speed. Due to his size he'd also be some what light. Maybe slightly heavier than Peach but he also has pretty subpar recovery, especially when he's aggressively trying to KO opponents. A lot of his moves are similar to each other and for good reason, it's so that his opponent doesn't know which version is coming. When he does his special dash at you, you have no idea if he's going to be simply jabbing and running away, throwing a huge punch, wrecking your shields, or flying in to the air.

Edit:Sorry Venus of the Desert Bloom. I some how missed your move set. At least us LM fans are on the same basic page, eh?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
That was REALLY extensive! :O

Kudos for you being able to come up with TWO movesets! Some of those ideas are really cool! Like cutting through powerful moves with super-armor-like dashes.

Some are kina weird (blocking only 10%? Might as well use shield, no?)

But overall, great movesets. And great color swaps too!

I really really dig Doc Louis uniform, and the Snes Mac uniform!

The icon's great too! It'll be great discussing other things such as music, stages, assist trophies, etc with you.
Thanks! I am a Little Mac Supporter so I'd like to help with this thread :)

BTW, if I could get pictures of the recolors for multiplayer, I can start making palette swaps based on those designs (the ones Golden mentioned about). The 10% can be change obviously. I made that move set with really no basis or other's opinions so it would be nice to know what should change or be altered.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
If you think that a boxing character lacks moves then I highly encourage you to watch/read Hajime no Ippo.
Took the words outta my mouth. :D

And anyone's free to post their own movesets, it only lessens doubt about the moves he'd have.

BTW, Venus, here's a pic of 2P Little Mac

Basically, light brown hair (Super Punch Out reference?) Yellow shirt, black boxers, red gloves and I think red boots.

Also, here's the champion outfit

The major circuit

The world circuit (I think)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok, I'll go about working on color swaps based on them as well. Give me a couple of days.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am kind of hoping for one of Little Mac's opponents rather than Little Mac himself, seeing as how it's Mac's foes that have all the charisma and character that makes Punch Out so much fun.

Still, Punch Out absolutely needs a character rep, rather than just the Assist trophy it got in Brawl.

IMO, an excellent choice for a second Punch-Out!! rep. He's well-known in the gaming community thanks to his role in that Captain N cartoon. Nintendo even used King Hippo's image to promote the Heavyweight Contender Kit - this tells me that Nintendo acknowledges King Hippo's popularity and star power when compared to other Punch-Out!! villains.

D

Deleted member

Take it to the King Hippo thread. This one's specifically about Mac.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
@Venus of the Desert Bloom: Nice work there. My only complaint is that you could just use Bull Rush for Mac's side B. Wouldn't be the first time someone borrowed a move. Also, no need for the stances. Little Mac doesn't have a lot of special abilities to work with anyway.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord

Alternate costume.

Seriously,i want to know how is it going to look like,someone with punches only.
And Sakurai making him grabless,and can't hold any weapons :troll:

D

Deleted member

"Punches only"? Look at Balrog and Dudley from Street Fighter for starters.
Also, fun fact: Yoshi doesn't use his hands for anything other than grabbing items. So yeah, Yoshi mostly kicks.

"Grabless"? Boxers can grab. It's called "clenching".
"Can't hold weapons"? How can he not hold weapons? It makes more sense than Jigglypuff holding weapons with no fingers.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Alternate costume.

Seriously,i want to know how is it going to look like,someone with punches only.
And Sakurai making him grabless,and can't hold any weapons :troll:
I see what you did there. Lil Mac did let himself go in Captain Rainbow. :urg:

D

Deleted member

Fun fact, Giga Mac was originally going to be "Big Mac", but McDonald's would have sued.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
While I believe his inclusion is within the realm of possibility, I sure as heck couldn't think of a moveset for the guy. He's truly a character that requires some major imagination to pull off, in my opinion.
If you know anything about boxing, the history of boxing, and Punch-Out!!, a moveset is very easy to think of. As someone who comes from a line of boxers (my grandfather, great-grandfather, and their fathers before them were boxers), it is easy to see that Punch-Out!! is a celebration of boxing...

...with all of the other boxers representing some sort of stereotype! :chuckle:

D

Deleted member

Then put yer money where yer mouth is, chum.
I want ye to make a moveset for ol' Mac.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Lil' Mac has great potential but we all know it's the other boxers that are punch out's real stars.

For a story mode boss would you prefer King Hippo or Ball Bull? Bald Bull has been in every Punch Out (including the arm wrestling one) and his Bull charge is iconic but Hippo has more fame due to his role as villain on Captain N and being the first opponent you had to be strategic against. You could defeat Glass Joe or Von Kaiser with random punches but Hippo was the wake up call.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Lil' Mac has great potential but we all know it's the other boxers that are punch out's real stars.

For a story mode boss would you prefer King Hippo or Ball Bull? Bald Bull has been in every Punch Out (including the arm wrestling one) and his Bull charge is iconic but Hippo has more fame due to his role as villain on Captain N and being the first opponent you had to be strategic against. You could defeat Glass Joe or Von Kaiser with random punches but Hippo was the wake up call.
Still not sure why this counts for so much, Nintendo barely aknowledges Captain N in this day and age, and people in Japan have no idea what Captain N is.

But I admit King Hippo is very... memorable. XD It has to boil down to him vs Bald Bull.

I'd say King Hippo = Boss, and Bald Bull = Assist Trophy.

... (If Doc Loius isn't the AT instead)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, to be fair... that Nintendo World store in New York City has some Captain N comic books on display. I saw them on YouTube.

:phone:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Then put yer money where yer mouth is, chum.
I want ye to make a moveset for ol' Mac.
Looks like we got a bad a** over here... :awesome: :troll: :bee: :rotfl: :laugh: Still, I rose to the ocassion, and made a moveset out of my butt for Little Mac. ;) :grin: :smirk: :cool: :joyful:[COLLAPSE="Regardless, here is my quickly made moveset, with some ideas I haven't seen before that I think could be pretty cool:"]
~Miscellaneous A-Button Attacks~​

Running A Attack: Little Mac does a running quick forward jab. His charge stance and attack is reminiscent of the Raging Bull's signature move.

A-A-A: Left Hook+Right Jab (as in a auto-lock move once it hurts the foe; the punches is super fast, like Muhammad Ali's quick jabs), Left Hook+Right Jab (same thing repeated, only it does 2% more), followed by a strong sideways left cross punch (to the heart). If held down after that, Little Mac just does a furry of Left Hooks+Right Jabs repeatedly as if Little Mac were doing punch location training with Doc Louis.

~Tilt Attacks~​

Forward Tilt: Little Mac extends his arm to do a fairly quick sideways slashing motion punch with his right arm.

Down Tilt: Little Mac quickly does a jab/lunge hyrbid punch motion downward and fully extends his arm.

Up Tilt: Little Mac does a quick uppercut with his left hand. If up tilt is pushed twice, Little Mac can follow up with a right sky uppercut (with minimal lag between the two uppercuts, as if it was a continuation of the attack) to further pressure shields.

~Smash Attacks~​

Forward Smash: Little Mac performs a power left-handed roundhouse punch. Little Mac will also auto-target the foe and extend the attack towards them if you are moving while using this move or if the foe is too far away for your hit boxes to hit them (and they are on the ground). If you press forward smash again before the animation of the move ends (in either direction), this move will be followed up by an equally as powerful right-handed roundhouse punch (if your charged the first punch, the 2nd one does the same amount of damage). If the foe is hit by the 1st punch, they are auto-locked and auto-stunned for the 2nd punch. This move does a ton of knockback and is an effective move for knocking foes out of the ring. ;)

Down Smash: Little Mac does a sweeping punch. He spins around as he punches, and does this somewhat slowly. This move sends foes either upward (after they get crushed into the ground) or sideways (if they get hit by the outer hit boxes).

Up Smash: Little Mac does a strong and rising Sky Uppercut with his left arm. This move is nearly identical to Lucario's Up Smash in Project M (which has the same name).

~Aerial Attacks~​

Neutral Air: Little Mac does several super quick jabs (that can be cancelled by air dodging or landing).

Forward Air: An extended hook punch with only a small bit of pre-lag but with some extra power.

Back Air: Little Mac turns his body around a bit quickly and does a fire-y fast uppercut (with huge hit box range) before turning around quickly.

Down Air: Little Mac c**ks up his left arm quickly, and then slams it forward (as in down) with a nasty downward thrusting hook punch that spikes the foe downward.

Up Air: Little Mac extends his left arm straight and and does a quick straight upward 90 degree jab punch.

~Special/B-Move Attack~​

Neutral B: ~Super Uppercut~ Little Mac stretches his arm out and does his signature uppercut power punch. This move can be charged up. Can be quickly followed up by another uppercut punch if pressed twice. If you charge it in the first punch, the second punch will doe the same damage. This move can also kill fairly well for a character of Little Mac's stature.

Forward B: ~Bull Beatdown~ Little Mac ducks his head (and can be charged) as he prepares to bull rush a foe, similar to Wario's Shoulder Bash (in Project M). When the move is launched and the actual "acting" begins, Little Mac does his signature super fast uppercut auto-stun combo like in the Punch-Out!! games.

Down B: ~Sidestep Uppercut~ Press down B, and Little Mac enters his defensive dodging mode. He foresees the opponents' attack. If an opponent attacks Little Mac (close-range), Little Mac will side step the attack, and then land a signature uppercut.

Up B: ~Rising Spin Uppercut~ Little Mac unleashes a rising, spinning, whacky punch that makes him rise up like a missile. This move "pushes" foes with his punch away from Little Mac, and has quite a bit of knock back for a recovery move.

~Grab-Related Attacks/Moves/Things~​

Grab: Little makes grabs the foe and puts them in a grab break. Little Mac grabs the opponent tightly, brings them close to his body, and ties them to him closely with his gloves.

Grab Hits/Pummels: Little Mac punches the opponent with quick jabs in various spots on their torso.

Forward Throw: Little Mac does a barrage of of quick and weak punches to the sides of the torso of the foe before dealing a jab that comes out like a "push" that makes the foe fly forward quite a bit.

Back Throw: In the grab break, Little Mac controls the foe and goes around them (switching himself from, for example, the left side of his opponent to the right, or vice versa) and then lands a sideways punch that launches the foe at a 45 degree angle.

Down Throw: Little Mac (while holding the foe in a grab break) winds up his right arm and deals a clean hook on the head that knocks the foe forward, and puts them in the (temporary) helpless state on the ground. You can't tech out of this to avoid the helpless state by the way. ;)

Up Throw: Little Mac breaks the grab break by pushing the foe forward and follows up with a uppercut that launches the foe upward.

Finally...

~Final Smash Attack Ideas~​

Mr. Dream: Little Mac turns into Mr. Dream, and goes on a rampage. All of his moves are much stronger, he's faster, he's about 2 1/4 times taller and wider, and he's pretty much an all-around murdering machine. Obviously, there is a pre-set timer on this, like all Super Transformation Final Smash attacks in Brawl. :shades:[/COLLAPSE]Now where is your moveset Golden=???? You need to make one too, SmashChu. If I can make a moveset out of mah bootie, so can you fools... unless you are scardy cats. :p

D

Deleted member

Nah, I never intended on making a moveset.
I just kept hearing you say that "oh it's easy if you know boxing history", so I wanted to see if you were all talk or not. :p

But wait, Mr. Dream? The Hell? What about Giga Mac?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah...I think you meant Giga Mac, John. Why would he suddenly transform into someone else?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'd like to share a few recolors myself.

First one... fairly simple.
It represents that sort of weird palette swap that happens in the NES Punch Out, everytime Little Mac wins a fight.

My next one:
Assuming that Little Mac's default color won't take up the "Green" team spot.
I decided to make a recolor that MIGHT make fans of the arcade Punch Out! jump out of joy...

I forgot how much fun recoloring was. :p :D

D

Deleted member

Think you can do the alternate colors from Punch-Out Wii if it isn't too much trouble?

Top Bottom