• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac, W.V.B.A. Champion confirmed for SSB4

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Think you can do the alternate colors from Punch-Out Wii if it isn't too much trouble?
I was going to wait for Venus, since he was eager to do them, but yeah, that'd be no problem. (Those stripes on his shorts from the World Circuit and Title Defender might pose a bit of a challenge though).:bee:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Lil Mac is probably my #1 most wanted character, being a HUGE boxing fan and all.

I know he's purely an in-fighter, but it'd be interesting if they could give him some out-fighter stances (flicker) and even defensive stances (peekaboo). I know it probably won't be true to his character, and unlikely, but it just adds on to the wackiness and moveset range even if it sounds too much like Steve Fox. But I wouldn't mind a complete in-fighter boxing character.

As for the people who worry about his moveset...considering other boxers in other fighting game series (Steve Fox 2 and Dudley) I think he'll be fine.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Lil Mac is probably my #1 most wanted character, being a HUGE boxing fan and all.

I know he's purely an in-fighter, but it'd be interesting if they could give him some out-fighter stances (flicker) and even defensive stances (peekaboo). I know it probably won't be true to his character, and unlikely, but it just adds on to the wackiness and moveset range even if it sounds too much like Steve Fox. But I wouldn't mind a complete in-fighter boxing character.

As for the people who worry about his moveset...considering other boxers in other fighting game series (Steve Fox 2 and Dudley) I think he'll be fine.
I think I became a boxing fan myself BECAUSE of Punch Out. XD

When I had no new punch outs to play, I migrated to Hajime no Ippo anime and manga, and had a blast with it (even learned the rules of the sport there) until the Wii version of Punch Out came along. :O

Mac is also my #1 most supported character... (Well, 2nd if I count Mike from StarTropics, but I've set my expectations REALLY low for him this time, seeing as he was barely mentioned in Brawl).

Here's another set of recolors.

Major Circuit (Blue Team?)

World Circuit (Red Team?)

Title Defense

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
But I admit King Hippo is very... memorable. XD It has to boil down to him vs Bald Bull.

I'd say King Hippo = Boss, and Bald Bull = Assist Trophy.

... (If Doc Loius isn't the AT instead)
Hah, knew I wasn't the only one who thought that. Eat it Oasis. :smirk:

We all know Doc Louis should be in the background PT style serving as Mac's taunts.

D

Deleted member

Nice, shinhed! :D
All that's left is the Player 2 Mac. ;)

D

Deleted member

Ah, nice. Didn't notice until you said something.

Wow, and you even included the SPO boxer!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Little Mac should have a secret taunt feature, where Doc Louis gives him advice on how to deal with his opponent.

In fact, I still have those old conversation concepts lying around.

Little Mac vs. Donkey Kong
Doc Louis: Hey Mac, didn't you fight this ape before? Anyway, Donkey Kong is a big powerhouse. He moves pretty fast for a heavyweight, and his hands pack a punch. But he's not a very fast attacker, so try to use that to your advantage. By the way, be sure to ask DK for his autograph when the fight is over, okay?

Little Mac vs. Rosalina
Doc Louis: Hey Mac baby, they say you shouldn't hit a woman, but I don't think you want to hold back on this one. Rosalina may not be powerful physically, but her magic is nothing to laugh at. If you get hit by her magic, it'll be lights out before you know it. She's also a long range attacker, so getting in close is the key. Good luck out there son, and please don't beat her up too badly.

Little Mac vs. Ganondorf
Doc Louis: Oh man, this guy is giving me the shivers back here. Mac, Ganondorf is not someone to take lightly. His power can mean game over in an instant, especially with that sword of his. Watch the sword, avoid it, and hit him good. You got it son, you got it.

Little Mac vs. Mr. Game & Watch
Doc Louis: Looks like you're up against an old classic there Mac. Mr. Game & Watch's attacks consist primarily of objects from the Game & Watch series. They may not look like much, but those objects can pack a punch. Evade them, and then give him a good punching, old school style baby. Man you sure came a long way since then Mac.

Little Mac vs. Wario
Doc Louis: Hey Mac baby, Wario is one gross competitor that you don't want to take lightly. He's got gas, and if he grabs you with his teeth, you'll be in for a biting. I must say though, I've heard that he loves to eat chocolates. Makes me want to eat a chocolate bar after this. *laughs*

Little Mac vs. Captain Falcon
Doc Louis: Hey Mac baby, you're up against old Captain Falcon, eh? He may have raw power and quick feet, but he's not a fast attacker. Take advantage of his slow attack speed whenever you have the opportunity. Got it?!

Little Mac vs. King K. Rool
Doc Louis: Boy oh boy, this guy must have one heck of a sore eye there. Makes me want to duck and cover. K. Rool is big, super heavy, and powerful, but he's also a very slow fighter. Get to him before he gets to you. After all, the bigger they are, the harder they'll get knocked out. *laughs*

Little Mac vs. Kirby
Doc Louis: You might want to be on your toes for this opponent Mac. Kirby may not look like a threat, but his ability to inhale his opponents is not something to underestimate. If he gets you, he'll copy your moves. In other words, don't get swallowed out there. Hmm, with an appetite like that, I wonder if he likes chocolate bars, because I can sure go for one right now.

Little Mac vs. Sonic
Doc Louis: Wow, Sonic sure is one fast character there. Therefore, you just have to be faster when facing him Mac. Beat Sonic to the punch, and you should do fine. Man, just talking about Sonic makes me rather hungry; maybe I'll get a chocolate bar to hold me over. *laughs*

Little Mac vs. Mewtwo
Doc Louis: Let's go son, Mewtwo is a brutal opponent, so you'll have to take it out before it gets you. Just watch out for its PSI abilities, give it a good beating, and you'll have this match in the bag. *laughs*

Little Mac vs. Mario
Doc Louis: Looks like you're up against old Mr. Nintendo himself there Mac. Anyway, Mario is a well balanced fighter without any major weaknesses. Therefore, you'll just have to get in there, and give him everything that you've got. Got it?!

Little Mac vs. Ike
Doc Louis: That sure is one big sword that Ike has there. If you're ever going to beat him Mac, you'll have to get past his powerful sword arm. Fortunately for you, he's not very fast, so take advantage of his weaknesses before he even gets a chance to fight back. Now, if only there's a chocolate bar that's as big as Ike's sword, cause I'd sure want to get a hold of that. *laughs*

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Those are some pretty amusing dialogues there. :D

I love the idea of Doc Louie giving Mac some advice. XD
I'm surprised you missed a referee joke when talking about Mario (but I guess the Wii Punch Out counts as a reboot, so Mario as a referee never happened).

Wonder what he'd say about ROB, just curious.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
"Careful Mac Baby, this fella's some fancy Robot-dohickey! He shoots lasers and can fly, but you gotta prove to him that a machine stands no chance against man! Now go show that over-sized coffee maker who's boss, and I'll treat you to some chocolate!"

Maybe something like that.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I was thinking about what Little Mac's Final Smash could be, and I thought that the 3-Star Punch could be the answer.

Basically, Little Mac would charge right at the opponent, and deliver a powerful uppercut. The uppercut would send the target flying vertically, and would often result in a Star KO.

There's also Giga Mac, but he was a multiplayer exclusive character.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I was thinking about what Little Mac's Final Smash could be, and I thought that the 3-Star Punch could be the answer.

Basically, Little Mac would charge right at the opponent, and deliver a powerful uppercut. The uppercut would send the target flying vertically, and would often result in a Star KO.

There's also Giga Mac, but he was a multiplayer exclusive character.
Although a one-hit-KO uppercut sounds... really enticing. I'd really miss that feeling of going all HULK SMASH!!! on every opponent on the screen. :D

In all truth, both could work real well, and the 3-star Uppercut was a pretty lethal attack which almost guaranteed a KO.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Little Mac is probably my "most want" character in Smash. Some say that his moves are limited but the NES Punch-Out is full of move potential. After 20 years they're still finding news things about the game.

Some moves that may or may not be added into a moveset.

Unstunned uppercut
The Nightmare
The Delayed Punch
Forced Punched
Clock Stop Glitch
Gutter Punch

You can check them out Here

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Meh, I'm not too coinfident on Lil' Mac. I mean, there IS a chance of him getting in, it's just a very small one.
Also, if he makes it in, Doc Louis should appear as an AT where he steals your bike and runs over people.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What makes you say his chance is small, Jhonny? Just asking.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
@Mario_and_Sonic_Guy I'm sorry but those Doc sayings are way too informative. He usually says something cryptic or just funny. For example on Bald Bull "Don't be afraid of his Bull Charge. Stand up to him." He didn't say to give a well timed punch to the gut.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@Mario_and_Sonic_Guy I'm sorry but those Doc sayings are way too informative. He usually says something cryptic or just funny. For example on Bald Bull "Don't be afraid of his Bull Charge. Stand up to him." He didn't say to give a well timed punch to the gut.
You do have a point there. I guess it was just something that I never took into consideration.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I'm also thiking if Little Mac should get in then Bald Bull should replace him as an AT and King Hippo could be a boss character.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Assuming Starfy is playable, Glass Joe should take his Assist Trophy powers!xD

D

Deleted member

I'm not particularly interested in his inclusion, but like Oasis_Said, he can bring a lot to the game. The prep talk Doc can give him against opponents is a must if he becomes playable.

I'm not sold on him being a shoe-in, but he has a decent shot of getting in.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
It was dirty of Sakurai to not add Mac to Brawl, if he doesn't make It to Smash 4, I just don't know what....Him playable & King Hippo as a Boss & all is good in the world

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Little Mac and King Hippo BOTH as playable characters plus Glass Joe as an Assist Trophy AND Bald Bull as an Adventure Mode boss. Complete with Doc Louis appearing in Little Mac's conversations and a boxing ring as a stage. That's my dream!

:phone:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Maybe with other boxers as stage background characters? That would complete my dream...

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Little Mac is one of those characters whose exclusion would make no sense. He's a huge Nintendo icon in that the Punch Out games are synonymous with retro gaming on the NES, and his series was revived with a very well-received Wii game.

I myself am not crazy about Punch Out games, but you'd have to be silly to not admit that Little Mac's inclusion would be a no brainer given his importance to Nintendo.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People have been discussing characters looking more damaged as they get harmed in smash.

Little Mac seems to me the one character that can pull this off, looking more bruised as his % raises.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Hey is there any special moves added in the SNES punch out? I've never played it but I know the NES is full of secret techniques.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Hey is there any special moves added in the SNES punch out? I've never played it but I know the NES is full of secret techniques.

In the SNES version, you build up a power meter. When this power meter reaches the max, you gain access to two new techniques.

A super strong punch.

And a super fast series of punches, that sometimes leave the opponents completely dizzy for a while.

Very useful techniques, both of em. Oh, and in Super Punch Out, for the first time ever, you can recover health between knockouts by pressing DOWN I think. That should be considered a technique. :p

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Might I make a suggestion for a move feature? I was playing Virtua Fighter the other day and was messing around with the game's kickpoxer, Brad Burns. Yeah, boxing doesn't have kicks, but listen because you might like this.

On certain strings, Brad has the option to dash forward on hit with some of his strings or sidestep depending on the string. Anyway, I think this would be an interesting feature to add to the end of some of Little Mac's attacks.

I might make a moveset later for Mac, but boxing is not one of my knowledgeable areas.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
In the SNES version, you build up a power meter. When this power meter reaches the max, you gain access to two new techniques.

A super strong punch.

And a super fast series of punches, that sometimes leave the opponents completely dizzy for a while.

Very useful techniques, both of em. Oh, and in Super Punch Out, for the first time ever, you can recover health between knockouts by pressing DOWN I think. That should be considered a technique. :p
Those moves can be really useful for Mac in Smash. In the NES you can recover your health between rounds if you hit the select button. You can only do it once and if you use it when your health is full then it will drop halfway.

@Smashchu: Sandman could work too but I find Bald Bull more memorable. He's also been featured in more games than any Punch out player with him in arm wrestling and in Warioware.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Might I make a suggestion for a move feature? I was playing Virtua Fighter the other day and was messing around with the game's kickpoxer, Brad Burns. Yeah, boxing doesn't have kicks, but listen because you might like this.

On certain strings, Brad has the option to dash forward on hit with some of his strings or sidestep depending on the string. Anyway, I think this would be an interesting feature to add to the end of some of Little Mac's attacks.
Isn't this similar to what Dudley (SF) and Valeria (KOF) have? It is a pretty awesome boxer-exclusive technique.

Those moves can be really useful for Mac in Smash. In the NES you can recover your health between rounds if you hit the select button. You can only do it once and if you use it when your health is full then it will drop halfway.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the NES one. But what's awesome is that both of the recover techniques (between KO's and between rounds) made it to the Wii version.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Isn't this similar to what Dudley (SF) and Valeria (KOF) have? It is a pretty awesome boxer-exclusive technique.
Yeah, Dudley has something like that. I'm limited on KOF info unless you mean Vanessa. Thing is, I was seeing this less like a special move.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The only thing he should probably take from Dudley is cross counter. It really fits him like a glove.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The only thing he should probably take from Dudley is cross counter. It really fits him like a glove.
Iseewhatyoudidthere...

Anyway, some people have said that Punch-Out may be overlooked for not being able to bring other content like items to the table compared to other miscellaneous non-retro series. To that, I suggest perhaps making the Headgear an item? Put it on to reduce damage and/or knockback? It could work.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I don't see the lack of items being a problem. Not many items come from Yoshi's games, F-Zero, Mother, Fire Emblem. They have a stage which Little Mac has.

A boxing ring with cheering crowds, springy ropes, and maybe a referee.

Another stage idea would be a training gym with items like punching bags, tredmills, and weight that can be interactive.

I do like the headgear item though.

Top Bottom