• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac, W.V.B.A. Champion confirmed for SSB4

golden009

Smash Rookie
Yeah, Little Mac could be an amazing character and I probably will either main or second him. I also want to see a "Boxing Gloves" item that increases the damage done with fist/hand-based moves. Also, the dizzy mechanic would be pretty cool.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The prospect of seeing Mac revealed in a new character trailer, with him punching out various veterans/Mega Man with the Punch-Out Wii theme playing in the background (or a reorchestration of it) has me on the edge of my seat in anticipation. It's like, the greatest possible thing.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I really hope that this song is used for the arena. It's IMO one of the best remixes of the theme.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Yes! Music! I could listen to the same song over and over again (wether exactly the same, or remixed in other characters's styles) and I simply CANNOT get tired of it.

My personal favorite is Super Macho Man's mix, and the Main Minor Circuit theme (which I always thought it would fit Mad Muscle as it sounds like its played by mariachis). Also love Mr.Sandman's and Soda Popinski (reminds me of that Rocky vs Drago fight).

I'll add them all to the OP.

Training music is awesome as well.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuXU0uk5l20
If we put all its segments together, we could have a full awesome song.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
How about some music for the thread? That's what's missing. :p

I'll start off with a great one from the Punch-Out!! Wii game.

posted that one somewhere earlier in the thread, easily one of the best.

Im hoping we get the training theme in a remix, either make a new one or create one by stringing together the music from the intermissions training montages.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Somebody on gamefaqs posted this. The stars are what sinks it for me. It is absolutely a punch out stage. Does that mean we will absoulutely 100% get little mac? No but this does increase his chances I'd imagine. The punch out games had a bunch of "Circuits" to fight though this one is a "Super Smash Bros. Circuit" if you will. It's actually pretty darn clever.

First off, the audience is human, so you can rule out any possibility that this is a Kirby themed stage (all Kirby boxing rings have Kirby characters instead). The marquee's in the background are all dot styled, which is consistent with the marquees in Punch Out Wii, and even the title screen and round indicators for Mike Tyson's Punch Out.

All logos in Punch Out Wii are adorned with clusters of stars, which are usually in 3's because triple star punches are the most powerful punch in the game, as well as the "leaf vines" on the sides (forgive me; I don't know the term for this) and a ribbon at the top. The logo in the ring, while being smash themed, shares all of these characteristics.

3 star cluster on bottom: http://i.imgur.com/QSCAXpe.jpg
Minor/Major/World Circuit Emblems: http://i.imgur.com/oWzpteX.jpg

The ring ropes are also identical in both color and configuration as the Major Circuit ring in Punch Out Wii. Similarly, the corners are all identical colors and positions as the Punch Out Wii corners.

Major Circuit ropes, and World Circuit ribbon: http://i.imgur.com/UV4O3mB.png

Also, it's worth noting that the final fight in Punch Out Wii, Mr. Sandman, has a very particular entrance for both his Title Defense and Contender fights. He approaches the ring while there's a green laser light show that goes on behind him. Well, check this out...

Sandman intro: http://i.imgur.com/hvnTGDl.png
Mario in the ring: http://i.imgur.com/Odu2I7I.jpg

Same green laser show.

It would be real silly to think this is not a Punch Out themed stage. There is an abundance of intentional details that suggest otherwise.

I didn't read this before. I can't believe I missed it. I love you. You've assuaged all my Mac-related fears. Holy crap at those details. (The coloring on the ropes is what proved it to me. That kind of detail doesn't just get put in arbitrarily.)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So guys! What sort of cheesy-yet awesome tag line do you think Mac will get when he's announced? I've thought of a couple, and I wish I was pro enough to slap the Mac art into Photoshop and make it real. Anyway!

- Little Mac steps into the ring!
-Little Mac comes out fighting!

Awww yeah.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"Little Mac enters the ring!"

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Little Mac gets Punched Out!! :troll:

Or more seriously,
Little Mac packs a punch!

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Little Mac joins Club Nintendo!

I like to think that he never got in because he never listened to Doc Louis.

No love for Aran Ryan?

Sinn

Smash Lord
So guys! What sort of cheesy-yet awesome tag line do you think Mac will get when he's announced? I've thought of a couple, and I wish I was pro enough to slap the Mac art into Photoshop and make it real. Anyway!

- Little Mac steps into the ring!
-Little Mac comes out fighting!

Awww yeah.
Yeah, something tells me it'll involve the word ring. Has a nice ring to it, and the new stage makes it almost too easy.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Not sure if the pun was intended, but it made me laugh. :laugh:
Hah, perhaps it was my love of puns subconsciously coming out there. The first part of that sentence was originally, "It fits too well." The funny thing is I changed it because I didn't want to use the word "too" twice in one sentence =V

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If it were the Club Nintendo one, I'd probably die right there. :laugh:

It'll probably be "Little Mac Enters the Ring," though, which is still amazing.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So for Little Mac's reveal video, I'd basically want to see that training montage, voiced over by Doc, just with Mac performing various Smash-related feats (attacking, dodging, recovering, etc.) instead of exercises.

*Little Mac star uppercuts back onstage* "Smarten up, son...don't let 'em get you down!"

*Little Mac combos characters* "Woo-wee, Mac baby, that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!"

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Little-Mac should have SOME Nintendo Club reference. wow for some reason that just made me really excited as Punch-Out has all sorts of classic gags it really needs to be fully rep'd in Smash just to add a bunch; the pink hoodie, the stereotyping, the nintendo fun club joining.

Can't wait to see Mac, he's already confirmed in my book.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Little-Mac should have SOME Nintendo Club reference. wow for some reason that just made me really excited as Punch-Out has all sorts of classic gags it really needs to be fully rep'd in Smash just to add a bunch; the pink hoodie, the stereotyping, the nintendo fun club joining.

Can't wait to see Mac, he's already confirmed in my book.

Yeah honestly, Mac is my other character I just absolutely need to see. If I can get Mac concrete confirmed, I could easily be satisfied with whatever else is on the roster. Although I think I'd like the same of Takamaru, but that's much more up in the air. Punch-Out!! is just too iconic to not be repped, there's just no way. We already have the stage, so technically the series already has its foot in the door of Smash 4.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I just thought of taunts for him last night, but I can only recall a few.

At least one of his taunts should be doing single-handed push-ups (like in the training sequence) or jumping rope, or shadow boxing, or jamming his fists together like pre-Mr.Sandman fight.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If Mario appeared as the ref on the Punch-Out stage in matches where he wasn't being used, I would consider never choosing a different stage again. :awesome:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I just thought of taunts for him last night, but I can only recall a few.

At least one of his taunts should be doing single-handed push-ups (like in the training sequence) or jumping rope, or shadow boxing, or jamming his fists together like pre-Mr.Sandman fight.

In addition to that, if they go with a Little Mac where Doc is in the background cheering him on (I sincerely hope they do!), I would love to see Doc throw in some comments during Mac's taunts.

For example if they have a taunt where he stretches or something, Doc could chime in with "Go get 'em Mac, you're doin' great!" etc. etc.

Not the best example, but I want as much Doc + Mac action as possible...outside of fan art.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Every time someone mentions "Doc", I think about Dr. Mario and get confused. (>_>)

Though his presence would make sense, ready to deal with emergencies. :p

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Though his presence would make sense, ready to deal with emergencies. :p

"I just can't win, Doc! It's ****ing Bowser!"

"Aw that's nonsense Mac. Don't forget, I've seen ya punch out Donkey Kong himself. That there's nothin' but a big scary turtle. Now get in there and give 'em the old one-two!"

<3

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
"I just can't win, Doc! It's ****ing Bowser!"

"Aw that's nonsense Mac. Don't forget, I've seen ya punch out Donkey Kong himself. That there's nothin' but a big scary turtle. Now get in there and give 'em the old one-two!"

<3
I want to see Lil Mac and DK have a event match titled Rematch!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Or Donkey Kong: Title Defense

as an added reference. :D

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think the bigger question is: Which would you play as? :confused:

1983parrothead

Smash Cadet
I'd rather see the SNES version of Little Mac. Even though fans don't believe it's Little Mac, some NoA and NoE related sources say he is.

Why would I rather see him than the NES version? He has more potential like Rapid Punch and Counter Punch (seriously!), and his hair makes it easier to tell who Kirby copied, even in the darkest stages while playing at a far distance.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'd rather see the SNES version of Little Mac. Even though fans don't believe it's Little Mac, some NoA and NoE related sources say he is.

Why would I rather see him than the NES version? He has more potential like Rapid Punch and Counter Punch (seriously!), and his hair makes it easier to tell who Kirby copied, even in the darkest stages while playing at a far distance.

Why not have the Little Mac we all know and love (and also the most recent design. Designs tend to factor into how they look when included) and who was also included as an AT over the SNES one.

Why not have Blonde Mac as a color swap, and the Rapid and Counter punches as a move? It shouldn't matter if it's the same Mac, right?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Why not have the Little Mac we all know and love (and also the most recent design. Designs tend to factor into how they look when included) and who was also included as an AT over the SNES one.

Why not have Blonde Mac as a color swap, and the Rapid and Counter punches as a move? It shouldn't matter if it's the same Mac, right?

All of this, but most importantly, the bolded part.

It's no surprise that Namco-Bandai / Sakurai will struggle a bit with Little Mac's moveset, but I am COUNTING on them looking into Super Punch Out! for move references (particularly Rapid Punch, and Super Punch, and I think we ALL agree on him having a counterpunch).

I'd love to see a color scheme based off not only Snes Punch Out Mac (yes, even the Punch Out site says that the Snes' protagonist is Little Mac with a different hairdo) but that of the Arcade one as well (green haired boxer) just like I put on the OP. :D

I KNOW they'll do him and all of his incarnations justice. But I am plagued with anxiety until the day he is revealed. I just hope they don't do something stupid and give him TWO counter attack moves (unless one builds Star Power, and the other leaves opponents in a Dizzy state... but still, two counter moves just means you're going to get grabbed a lot more).

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah. Although if Marth is any indication, even with three near useless B moves (one of which is a counter), the rest of him can shine. I don't expect Mac to get two counters because I think Sakurai will view it as redundant, but all of Mac's A moves alone will make him a beast.

Oh, and in case you guys wanted a laugh:

Something smells rotten in Miiverse...

ChozoBoy

Smash Apprentice
All of this, but most importantly, the bolded part.

It's no surprise that Namco-Bandai / Sakurai will struggle a bit with Little Mac's moveset, but I am COUNTING on them looking into Super Punch Out! for move references (particularly Rapid Punch, and Super Punch, and I think we ALL agree on him having a counterpunch).

I'd love to see a color scheme based off not only Snes Punch Out Mac (yes, even the Punch Out site says that the Snes' protagonist is Little Mac with a different hairdo) but that of the Arcade one as well (green haired boxer) just like I put on the OP. :D

I KNOW they'll do him and all of his incarnations justice. But I am plagued with anxiety until the day he is revealed. I just hope they don't do something stupid and give him TWO counter attack moves (unless one builds Star Power, and the other leaves opponents in a Dizzy state... but still, two counter moves just means you're going to get grabbed a lot more).
I think down special would be the Star Power counter and neutral or side special would be a dizzy punch, like Mewtwo's. That or the other might turn into the Rapid Punch when he has Star Power, and the Uppercut into the Star Uppercut.

Top Bottom