• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lists of All True Combos In Brawl *Discontinued*

Blad01

Smash Lord
Maybe you didn't see my thread or maybe all is false... XD

Amazing thread, good job ! :) I come here with my contribution :

~ Falco ~​

~ D-Throw > Dash > U-Smash works only below 45% for most of the characters.
But there is better :
D-Throw > Dash Attack to U-Smash (or "DLX Hit Cancel") It does 27%. (And it's still below ~45% for most of the cast)
-> My mistake "Dash" means "Dash Attack" for you, apparatly.

~ FF Dair > D-Smash (or DTilt, UTilt, UpSmash...) below 45% (It does 23% ?)

I give you a lot of combos i'm not sure about :

~ D-Throw > Immediate Aerial Phantasm
~ Nair > Jab
~ Jab > Down B
~ Nair > Grab > Down-Throw
~ Nair > Utilt

If you opponent doesn't have any Mid-air Jump anymore :

~ Bair > Jump > Bair
~ Full Hop > Bair > Bair (> Jump > Bair)

(Hum... Maybe if he fastfalls... :/)

If you have some free time, you could add percents ^^"

[EDIT : Oh, and at low percents, there is for Samus Zair > Grab (or maybe Dash Grab is better) > Up-Throw]

[EDIT2 : Hum, there is not so much combos for Fox ôO Do these work ?

~ Dair > Utilt
~ Dair > Down B
~ Dair > Smash Attack

∫unk

Smash Master
Marth: Fthrow -> Fsmash when the opponent is between 0-5%. Results in Tipper Fsmash every time. Total damage is 24% I believe.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
First I'd like to say thanks to everyone that has complimented the guide. It's much easier to maintain this list when I know people appreciate it.

Sheik:
Escapable (pretty sure it is anyway)
F-tilt > U-smash (only works at higher percents as when I've done it, it seems to work from 70% to about 130% although, that's just a mere estimate as I can't recall the exact percents. I only remember it working on higher percents though. Try it out anyway and see what you get).

Metaknight:
Escapable
D-throw > Dash attack > U-smash (lower percents, figure them out for yourself)

Ike:
Escapable
F-air > Jabx3 (don't know the percents but, I am pretty sure it's the 0%-20% range).

DK:
Inescapable
D-tilt trip > F-smash (works at high percents)

Escapable
AA > U-air/B-air (not sure of percents)
B-throw > B-air (not sure of percents)

I believe that's it, I might be able to contribute moar but, for now this is it. If you feel some of them aren't true combos feel free to not add them, just be sure to figure ou the percents on the ones I wasn't sure of.
Sheik: This works like you say, I'll add it

Metaknight: This isn't a true combo, they can airdodge every part of it

DK: None of them are true. The reason you can't F-smash after a D-tilt trip is because they can roll away in time.

MK:

Uair>shuttle loop(Uspecial)
Believe it or not, you can airdodge by time the U-air will send them too far for the tornado.

Olimar:
inescapable (At least at low %)
Dthrow -> Usmash x2
You can't do two U-smashes, and they do the same damage as the F-air anyway.

I'm pretty sure Kirby's d-throw -> Utilt is a true combo
It isn't, sorry.

For captain Falcon, add these to inescapable:

First hit of Nair to up B (landing)
weak Fair to up B (fair is shorthopped to cancel out all landing lag)

landing Nair (weak hit) to running grab

landing Nair (weak hit) to running attack

To Wolf, add these to inescapable:

shorthopped Bair to fsmash at low percents.

shorthopped reflector to AAA combo (you must hit with reflector at the apex of the jump, and be close to opponent)

Dtilt (trips 50% of the time at low percents) to down or Fsmash

For Lucas, add this to inescapable:

full jump Dair, fast fall, AAA combo (at low percents. At mid to high percents, it can be DI'd out of.)
last two hits of Dair, side smash (from about 0-90)
last two hits of Dair, full jump Dair.

For Ness:

shorthopped Bair to running grab (at 0%)
weak hit of Nair or Bair to running up smash (low to mid percentages, as long as opponent isn't knocked off their feet)
Tail of PK thunder to PK Thunder2 (when looping it for a recovery loop, if the opponent falls into the tail during this stage, it will combo into the full blast)
Falcon: The up-B combos don't work as long as the character has a fast enough N-air, which is most people.

Wolf: B-air > F-smash only works on a very specific percent, probably the same as the F-tilt. B > Jab doesn't work, can be shielded, and yes I did do the short hop. The D-tilt trip works, I'll add it.

Lucas: D-air combo's don't work.

Ness: B-air > Jab works, but grab doesn't seem to, it might though. N-air will combo into something, not sure if it's the U-smash though, I didn't test this for too long. PKT 1 and 2 will be added.

sonics upthrow can be comboed into upsmash, nair or u-air for very low %
U-smash won't combo

Yoshi:

Dthrow, Uair (requires that you don't royally screw up)

these dair ones requires that you don't land during the attack, usually when coming from off the edge...
Dair, Nair
Dair, Uair

Most of those are at below 100% of course.

Ness:
Dthrow, Fair
Dthrow, Uair
Dthrow, Nair
Yoshi: Dthrow > U-air doesn't work. The D-air > N-air almost works, but the D-air has zero hitstun, and they can double jump away.

yoshis release grab -> u-air is painful to say the least...

i dont know if its DI-able though
The release sends them too far away.

Any moves in parenthesis may not be able to be done, or need to be removed from the combo for it to work. Also, these combos have been used in actual matches, with good success.

Lucas:

Inescpable:
D-throw, PTK1

DI:
U-Tilt, U-tilt, U-tilt/U-air

Unsure:
N-air, F-Tilt
N-air, Jab x3
N-air, U-tilt(leads to above combo)
Sorry, none of these combos work.

Ah, I made a thread about ones for Falcon, I'll dig that up later. A good one off the top of my head:

Landing n-air/uair -> jab/throw/dash attack(dash attack's timing is tough, though)
Since landing n-air does set knockback it works at any percentage.

And of course there's followups when a flubbed knee trips...
I have to find the best combo for a knee trip.

Amazing thread, good job ! :) I come here with my contribution :

~ Falco ~​

~ D-Throw > Dash > U-Smash works only below 45% for most of the characters.
But there is better :
D-Throw > Dash Attack to U-Smash (or "DLX Hit Cancel") It does 27%. (And it's still below ~45% for most of the cast)

~ FF Dair > D-Smash (or DTilt, UTilt, UpSmash...) below 45% (It does 23% ?)

I give you a lot of combos i'm not sure about :

~ D-Throw > Immediate Aerial Phantasm
~ Nair > Jab
~ Jab > Down B
~ Nair > Grab > Down-Throw
~ Nair > Utilt

If you opponent doesn't have any Mid-air Jump anymore :

~ Bair > Jump > Bair
~ Full Hop > Bair > Bair (> Jump > Bair)

(Hum... Maybe if he fastfalls... :/)

If you have some free time, you could add percents ^^"

[EDIT : Oh, and at low percents, there is for Samus Zair > Grab (or maybe Dash Grab is better) > Up-Throw]

[EDIT2 : Hum, there is not so much combos for Fox ôO Do these work ?

~ Dair > Utilt
~ Dair > Down B
~ Dair > Smash Attack
Falco:D-air > Jab works, but the rest don't.

Fox: I already have D-air > U-tilt, I don't list more then one finisher, only the best one.

well, I did test it for most characters, since it was one of my earlier finishing combos/move strings.

it's generally 105-110% for marioweight characters, 115-120% for marthweight characters, 125-130% for snake/ganondorfweights, 135-140% for ike/bowserweights

usually 10% differences between each 'weight level', since the damage (and [lack of] sideways DI) is what affects the throw height, and not fall speed.

I'm not sure about the extent that stale move effect changes throw distance/hitstun length, though, so that could change things in an actual fight.
Your studies are good. I'll play with it a bit more before adding.

You might want to mess with Marth's d-tilt.

It has combo potential.
Already mentioned.

wolf:Fair in to utilt.

i do not know if you can then continue with an aerial but i am sure that works
Doesn't work.

~yoshi~
ughh.. i've seen it done... umm try upair immediately after DJ. Then when you reach the peak of the jump, upair again. It should work at low percentages. If this doesn't work after trying that, just don't worry about it.

great guide!
It definitely doesn't work.

These are some I was fooling around with that don't seem to be added yet.

Meta Knight:

Forward Throw > Hyphen Smash/Fair (Works on lower %, preferably 0%)

Wolf:

Dash Attack > UTilt/Shine

Shine > FSmash/Blaster/Forward Throw/FTilt/DTilt/Jab

Jab, Jab, Jab Cancel > Blaster/FTilt/DTilt

DTilt Trip > FSmash/Blaster/Up B

Down Throw > Jab (Works on lower %, preferably 0%)
None of these combos work unfortunately.

storm92

Smash Ace
Under Kirby make sure to put Dthrow-->Utilt-->Utilt at lower percents (but thats implied I guess).
It goes 0-26%.
Inescapable with Dthrow-->Utilt, the 2nd Utilt depends on % and weight of opposing char.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
A fairly consistent (but escapable) combo for R.O.B. is d-throw/u-throw to u-air. It stops working against medium/light character at around 50%

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
You can mash out of DK >B into Fsmash at early %. It is only guaranteed starting around 70%ish, I believe.

At early % you can get free Jab.

VA

Smash Hero
Just btw, snakes mortar slide is not a combo, due to the lack of hit stun, the explosive shot out at the end can be destroyed by an attack.

i.e snake on fox

Snake: dash attack > usmash
Fox: dair

=

explosive destroyed fox does not get hit.

this works, a cpu did it to me, and i've tested it with pika's nair and few others.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
You can mash out of DK >B into Fsmash at early %. It is only guaranteed starting around 70%ish, I believe.

At early % you can get free Jab.
Just btw, snakes mortar slide is not a combo, due to the lack of hit stun, the explosive shot out at the end can be destroyed by an attack.

i.e snake on fox

Snake: dash attack > usmash
Fox: dair

=

explosive destroyed fox does not get hit.

this works, a cpu did it to me, and i've tested it with pika's nair and few others.
Both are correct, I'll update, thanks.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
what about ivysaur's nair to bullet seed? use nair as you end your hop so the last hit of nair doesn't knock them away and bs as soon as you hit the ground

storm92

Smash Ace
Just tested it.

Kirby's Dthrow-->Utilt(x2 in some cases) is a inescapable combo from 0-31% on Mario on FD with DI/Air-Dodge attempts.
After that, it becomes a combo escapable with DI.

JiangWei23

Smash Journeyman
Sonic has a chase kill that can kill early on, but it's very dodgy since your opponent can airdodge or DI to possibly escape it.

Spindash/Spincharge -> SD/SC hit or jump cancel -> Uair -> Up+B -> Uair off the top of the screen.

T-REX!

Smash Apprentice
This guide is def. gonna be beast when it's done, kudos on the effort. Looks great so far.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Sonic has a chase kill that can kill early on, but it's very dodgy since your opponent can airdodge or DI to possibly escape it.

Spindash/Spincharge -> SD/SC hit or jump cancel -> Uair -> Up+B -> Uair off the top of the screen.
If the opponent can airdodge, it's not a combo.

This guide is def. gonna be beast when it's done, kudos on the effort. Looks great so far.
Thanks! I'm not sure how much more there is to be done. There can't be too many more combos. Finding the percents for everything will take a while, not looking forward to that.

Mario's fireballs and the F.L.U.D.D. can setup combos.
A setup combo is where you use a special attack that allows you to have more then one Hit box active at the same time. For example, having a mine down, and doing a kick. There are two different places where a person could get hurt. If there's a combo using the fireball or fludd it would be a regular combo. because you can't do another attack while doing them.

???????

Smash Journeyman
Yes you're right, sorry I wasn't thinking, but the fireballs can setup combos because Mario can move faster than the fireballs themselves allowing Mario do an attack before the fireballs hits (This is usually done with short hopped fireballs).

Browny

Smash Hater
i think you need to start refining this list, too many supposed comboes just arent true combos at all. anything that is escapable with DI, at ANY % shoulda be considered a combo. like G&W dthrow to dsmash, no matter what %, as long as you are playing against a human with a fully functioning brain, it will never hit.

dededes dthrow - ftilt is an example of on of the very few true combos. kind of makes the thread title misleading when over half of the combos listed dont work.

....anyway some more additions for you
Lucario
inescapable:
Dthrow - fair - nair (the enemy can airdodge the fair, but they cant dodge the n-air once the airdodge is finished) 0 - ??? % (possibly around 100)

you need to edit his side b to jab combo. its more like jab - jab - side b (x 1-6) 0-40% changes per character

pretty much every one of lucarios moves combo into each other and are escapable to an extent.

Sonic:
inescapable
side b / down b - spin dash hit - footstoll jump - reverse spring - d-air (0-???%) at least 100%

and for a set-up combo with sonics
dthrow - anything
you can set up anything from a properly tech-chased dthrow, even an fsmash no matter which way the opponent DI's, as long as you predict and/or react quick enough

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
sooo what this thread needs are vids for each combo
that would make the thread better, not that it is all that bad

vids would not have to be just of the combo but just at what time in vid said combo can be seen

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Sorry, but you are wrong when you say that Wolf's reflector to jab can be shielded. I've tested this black and blue with two controllers and it cant if it's done correctly. It should hit before the stun wears off.

I would post videos, but I don't have any way to do that.

Captain falcon's Nair to up B can't be airdodged if you do it right either, since it actually hits BEFORE the hitstun wears off.

You're doing a great job with this guide, but I'm positive my tests are correct.

And also, Lucas's Dair combos do work. Dair to AAA works every time if you hit with only the last two hits of the attack (can't be DI'd)

At higher percents, last two hits of Dair combos into anything faster than an Fsmash.

At much higher percents, you can combo into an Fsmash providing your opponent doesn't bounce off the ground.

All the fulljumped Dair combos can be DI'd, my bad. But I'm positive that the last two hits variant can not.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Yes you're right, sorry I wasn't thinking, but the fireballs can setup combos because Mario can move faster than the fireballs themselves allowing Mario do an attack before the fireballs hits (This is usually done with short hopped fireballs).
I had a problem deciding weather or not Mario's fireball, and Pikachu's thunder jolt should be setup combos. Sure you can have an attack while it's going, but it's such a short time frame.

sooo what this thread needs are vids for each combo
that would make the thread better, not that it is all that bad

vids would not have to be just of the combo but just at what time in vid said combo can be seen
I can't make videos, but if someone was willing to do that, it would be great. It would be the first real combo video for Brawl!

Sorry, but you are wrong when you say that Wolf's reflector to jab can be shielded. I've tested this black and blue with two controllers and it cant if it's done correctly. It should hit before the stun wears off.

I would post videos, but I don't have any way to do that.

Captain falcon's Nair to up B can't be airdodged if you do it right either, since it actually hits BEFORE the hitstun wears off.

You're doing a great job with this guide, but I'm positive my tests are correct.

And also, Lucas's Dair combos do work. Dair to AAA works every time if you hit with only the last two hits of the attack (can't be DI'd)

At higher percents, last two hits of Dair combos into anything faster than an Fsmash.

At much higher percents, you can combo into an Fsmash providing your opponent doesn't bounce off the ground.

All the fulljumped Dair combos can be DI'd, my bad. But I'm positive that the last two hits variant can not.
You didn't read what I said about Captain Falcon's Up-B. It's true that it can't be airdodged, but you can attack sooner then an airdodge, and hit Falcon before he leaves the ground!

I'll try the Wolf reflector, and the last two hits of Lucas's D-air again, but if I can't get it done, I won't believe it until I see a video.

...ignored?
I'm not ignoring. I always test these combos in groups, it's easier for me.

i think you need to start refining this list, too many supposed comboes just arent true combos at all. anything that is escapable with DI, at ANY % shoulda be considered a combo. like G&W dthrow to dsmash, no matter what %, as long as you are playing against a human with a fully functioning brain, it will never hit.

dededes dthrow - ftilt is an example of on of the very few true combos. kind of makes the thread title misleading when over half of the combos listed dont work.
This thread isn't going to make claim of what combos are useful or not, that's up to the individual player.

Some of the most famous Melee combo's were DI able. I think the Ken combo was DIable to an extent. Also some of the DI combos I have listed work really well. Ganondorf's D-air for one.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Okay, THESE are combos. I tested them in training mode, and the hit count counted them as such. I tried these on DK just because I was fooling around at first, but I'm sure they work on others, as I was able to follow DK through these as I performed them.

Peach:

DTilt > DTilt

DTilt > UTilt

DTilt > FTilt

DTilt > Dash Attack

DTilt > Dair

DTilt > Nair

DTilt > Bair

DTilt > Up B

DTilt > FSmash

DTilt > USmash

DTilt > Grab

Dair > FTilt

Dair > FSmash

Dair > Uair

Dair > UTilt

Dair > Up B

Dair > Dash Attack

Dair > Grab

Dair > Nair

Fair > Jab x 2

Fair > FTilt

Fair > FSmash

Fair > DSmash

Fair > Nair

Fair > DTilt

Fair > Grab

Fair > Forward B (It didn't count as a combo, but because DK bounces, I'm not sure if he can escape. He may be able to tech. Cool none the less.)

Nair > Jab x 2

Forward B (When opponent goes behind Peach after bounce) > Bair

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Uh, what character? I think you might be also forgetting my rule for only one listed finisher, unless they work at different percents.

EDIT: So these are for Peach. I already have the F-air, D-air, and D-tilt listed as combos, but I'll look into what the best finisher is.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Uh, what character? I think you might be also forgetting my rule for only one listed finisher, unless they work at different percents.
It's for Peach, sorry. I'm tired. And yes, I seem to have missed that rule. However, why not bother put in multiple finishers? I mean, a combo is a combo, and each one has it's different circumstances, which is important to know.

Take Fox for example. I see you don't have his Drillshine combo. Well, if a character is at say, 80%, and you want to go for a vertical kill against a light character like Meta Knight or Jigglypuff, a Dair > UTilt might be preferable. It pops them up and sets up for a Uair or maybe an USmash. And yes, under your requirements, it does more damage. But lets change the scenario and say your opponent is Snake on Final Destination, and you want to go for a Horizontal KO because Snake is fat and doesn't die vertically very easy. A Dair > Shine would be a nice set up for something like a dashed short hop Nair or a FSmash/FTilt, or possibly a grab to throw them off the ledge and gimp them from there. It's up to the players discretion, but obviously both of these combos have two very different properties and set up circumstances.

I just thought it was something to note. Since the shine has a set knockback on characters, it's obviously one of the more useful examples, but there are others out there.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
When I made the rule, it was an attempt to keep the list simplified. I'd hoped that people would realize that any attack just as quick would work. If that assumption turns out wrong, I'll add all the different combinations, but the list will be huge.

And thanks for helping.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Sonic combos

The Sonic U-throw>spring>aerial (B/F/U/Nair) DI-escapable combos work on Marth at 115-120%. For Mario, it should be... around 105-110?

Sonic's spindash attacks lead into inherent custom combos. I'm not sure atm if D-air works, since it's a stall-then-fall aerial, but the FUN aerials are quick to cast so they all combo pretty well.

a little extension on what's already listed:
Side-B hop [hit]> double jump+aerial (mid %s?)

Spindash roll [hit] > spindash jump [hit] > aerial (low %'s only)
Spindash roll [hit] > spindash jump [no hit]+ aerial (works at most %'s)

The timing for the SDJ [hit] > aerial escapes me, but they do work if you jump at the right times.

The u-throw>u-air works up until around 30%?

but again, U-air can be substituted for F/N-air.

he's such a F/U/N aerial combo char ._.;

/pun

ohya, spring can definitely be used for combo setups.

one example vs Marth (my test character <3):
DJ> spring (drop it on the outside- knocks Marth in front of you)> d-air lag cancel+ tilt/jab at around 100%

If not used from that height, the d-air will hit, which is still a combo.

In midair, not sure of placement, the spring drop>d-air combo still works ._.;

Ulevo

Smash Master
When I made the rule, it was an attempt to keep the list simplified. I'd hoped that people would realize that any attack just as quick would work. If that assumption turns out wrong, I'll add all the different combinations, but the list will be huge.

And thanks for helping.
No problem. But to give you an example I just tested, I used Fox and I had a Snake set to 95% on Final Destination at the middle of the stage.

Scenario 1: I run up, Dair > Utilt, follow it up with a quick Uair. Snake was at 131% at the end of it, but no KO. And I couldn't follow Snake from there since he was too high from the Uair.

Scenario 2: I run up, Dair > Shine, he stumbled, I run up with a Hyphen Smash for a KO.

Worked 100% of time. Both of these scenarios could potentially happen in mid battle, and it just shows that just because one combo does more damage by itself does not mean another one won't result in higher damage in the long run, or lead to a KO.

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
Actually, your Lucas combo-Dthrow, Utilt-which states that it works from 0-17% is not absolute. For some characters, it works well into the 40's, even in the 50's(rare case though)

I tested this combo against each character previously, noting the percents it stopped working at. 24-28% were the most common numbers. So 0-26%, say, would be best to list as the effective range.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
Not real combos.
Zelda's F-Tilt to U-Tilt is escapable with DI perhaps, but i thought that was part of the combo section as well.

It's not like zelda has to run around to preform these, at low damage the f-tilt sends them directily above zelda's head, you can even buffer the moves and they will hit directly back to back.

Maybe I don't understand what classifies something as a DI escapable combo

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
Oh BTW just a side note.. for the combo you have listed for zelda ... D-Tilt into whatever..
Maybe you should take some notes from the tripping analysis thread.

Might be helpful to point out that Zelda's D-Tilt will not trip after 92% (tho varies some by character)
So therefore the combo has to be preformed BEFORE 92% or not at all ... and her D-Tilt has a 50% trip possibility.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Aw you didn't add Sonic's longest known combo in there.
In case anyone here cares, it's:

Side/down-b hit> spin jump hit> footstool> reversed up-b (spring will hit)> dair> aerial.

Blad01

Smash Lord
>> On Mario :

FF Dair + Jab works from 0 to 36%
FF Dair to Utilt/Usmash seems to work from 37% - ?? (45% ?)
I didn't mention that FF Dair can trip your opponent at ~30-40%.

I also found that Nair (close to the ground; like two hits) > Grab > Down-Throw was difficult to stop. I think this is a true combo, but maybe not at alls percents...

Top Bottom