• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U List of series NOT featured in Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Marakatu

Smash Ace
I made this thread to have a list of series that have no content in the Wii U version. I will remove series if we see any content related to them in a Picture of the Day. Tell me if I'm missing anything, because I probably am.

100 Classic Books
1080° Snowboarding
A Kappa's Trail
Alleyway
And-Kensaku
Another Code
Art Academy
Art Style / bit Generations
ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat
Aura-Aura Climber
Battle Clash / Metal Combat
Big Brain Academy
Bonsai Barber
Card Hero
Chousoujuu Mecha MG
Collect Smiles Notebook
Cooking Navi
Cubivore
Custom Robo
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Doshin the Giant
Drill Dozer
DS Calligraphy Training
DS Fortune Telling Life
DS Heart Coloring Book
Eco Shooter
Electroplankton
Endless Ocean
Eternal Darkness
Famicom Bunko
Famicom Grand Prix
Famicom Mukashi Banashi (Shin Onigashima and Yuyuki)
Famicom Sports Series (Hockey, Golf, Volleyball etc)
Famicom Tantei Club
Golden Sun
Hotel Dusk
Joy Mech Fight
Mach Rider
Oundan / Elite Beat Agents
Pandora's Tower
Pro Wrestling
Solar Striker
Teleroboxer
Time Twist
Urban Champion
Wave Race
X

Is Baten Kaitos first or second party?

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
AFAIK, Drill Dozer is missing along with Shin Oni Ga Shima (who had a trophy in Melee along with a song remix for Brawl's Ice Climbers stage). I tried checking the existing ones from the list but it seems none of them are represented yet.

Look out for Lylat Cruise for My Music once the game releases, it might keep that Tunnel Scene song from X. Chōsōjū Mecha MG (unlisted) might get a reference too if Norfair keeps its Marionation song.

I'm unsure about Baten Kaitos, but it's owned by Nintendo according to Wikipedia.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Baten Kaitos was co-developed with Monolith Soft before it was entirely bought out by Nintendo and tri-Cescendo. So, it's third-party or second-party since Nintendo did own a portion of Monolith Soft at the time; Monolith Soft didn't become first-party until May 2007 and Baten Kaitos was released in 2003.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Edit, I'm a derp. Disregard.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If public domain games(as in ones that lost its copyright and can be used by Sakurai without issues), Quest 64 and its various games is another one that can be considered missing.

There's a lot of THQ stuff, really. Outside of their "Wrestling or random Cartoon/Anime into Video Game" stuff.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ivy's not a derp- he's just stoic. :)
Or both. :smirk:

What about retro games like Contra? Games that could just be there for retro-Nintendo references.

What about an obscure game like Cubivore?

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I don't think we should delve into 3rd party franchises here; that would be way too chaotic to manage.

No references to Trace Memory, Stunt Race FX, Doshin the Giant, Magical Starsign, Magical Vacation, Famicom Detective Club, Swapnote, Stack-Up, 3D Hot Rally, Pushmo, or Bayonetta found. The latter three might be rectified with the Wii U version, with one of them being in ambiguous copyright territory.

Would the other two Xeno games (Gears & Saga) qualify here?

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I don't think we should delve into 3rd party franchises here; that would be way too chaotic to manage.

No references to Trace Memory, Stunt Race FX, Doshin the Giant, Famicom Detective Club, Swapnote, Pushmo, or Bayonetta found. The latter two might be rectified with the Wii U version, with one of them being in ambiguous copyright territory.

Nope, Xenogears and Xenosaga were on Sony systems. With Xenoblade Chronicles being Monolith Soft's current projects, I doubt they'll talk about Xenogears and Xenosaga. Also, I don't think they have the rights to it; Namco does which is why Namco said that a Xenosaga HD collection was possible and not Monolith Soft.

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't endless ocean have an item? I think it was the sub gun.

Id post a link but I need more posts, derp.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't endless ocean have an item? I think it was the sub gun.

Id post a link but I need more posts, derp.
Wrong game. It's from Steel Diver and the item's called... Steel Diver. How original.

Star Endless Ocean is more of a sci-fi RPG similar to Phantasy Star, but more story-based... So, a sci-fi Tales of ____ game?

Edit: Mixed up Star Ocean and Endless Ocean.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Wrong game. It's from Steel Diver and the item's called... Steel Diver. How original.

Endless Ocean is more of a sci-fi RPG similar to Phantasy Star, but more story-based... So, a sci-fi Tales of ____ game?
It is? I thought Endless Ocean was about just exploring the ocean and taking pictures of dolphins farting sparkles

Never would have equated with Phantasy Star. I should probably look more into endless ocean, lol.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It is? I thought Endless Ocean was about just exploring the ocean and taking pictures of dolphins farting sparkles

Never would have equated with Phantasy Star. I should probably look more into endless ocean, lol.
Whoops, wrong game; I was thinking of Star Ocean. There's really a game like that? I only know of Ecco the Dolphin for games like that.

Last edited:

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Geist on GameCube was second party.

Also Disaster which was developed by Monolift.

Wave Race - N64//GCN

Tin Star on SNES

Then some NES games:
Rad Racer
Kung Fu
Track n Field
Pinball

That one wrestling game...

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
We have some representation of Pro Wrestling.

Remember the Smash variant of the Boxing Ring is more apparent towards wrestling

That and we need some Starman.

EVERYONE LOVES STARMAN
image.jpg

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

No references to Trace Memory, Stunt Race FX, Doshin the Giant, Magical Starsign, Magical Vacation, Famicom Detective Club, Swapnote, Stack-Up, 3D Hot Rally, Pushmo, or Bayonetta found. The latter three might be rectified with the Wii U version, with one of them being in ambiguous copyright territory.

There's a Mallo trophy on the 3ds version.

I feel like this topic would be more useful if it was titled "...not featured in super smash bros for 3ds or Wii U..."

Since there could be series exclusive to the 3ds version, so it wouldn't really mean anything if they're missing from the Wii U.

the8thark

Smash Lord
I think it's best to wait till SSB WiiU is released before you say this. A series might get a music track or a trophy. Electroplankton did in Brawl. SO anything is possible. In a month or so we'll be able to answer this question much better.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Have we seen ExciteBike as a trophy or as an Assist ?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

hes got trace memory on the list under its europe name of another code

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I had this idea that they should have had an underwater stage that would have been a combination of Steel Diver and Endless Ocean. You'd be fighting on top of a submarine while various fish, whales and scuba divers would swim by you. And since you'd be underwater, some of the physics like fall-rate and how high you could jump would be different. And just to spice it up, every now and then a Cheep-Cheep or water Pokemon would show up too, almost as an easter egg.

Also, I'm reasonably sure that Tetris is represented, at least on the 3DS, by some music (I saw some in Sound Test, not sure what level it is on). And since the 50 facts video said that almost all of the 3DS music would also be on Wii U, presumably that means we'll be able to hear Korobeiniki on the Wii U.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Endless Ocean on the Wii was such a great game! It was such a huge game too! Plus post-game content. Hope it gets a sequel sometime.

Starman15

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobotTurtle5000
3DS FC
3136-7638-2428
Switch FC
SW-2901-3121-3539
I had this idea that they should have had an underwater stage that would have been a combination of Steel Diver and Endless Ocean. You'd be fighting on top of a submarine while various fish, whales and scuba divers would swim by you. And since you'd be underwater, some of the physics like fall-rate and how high you could jump would be different. And just to spice it up, every now and then a Cheep-Cheep or water Pokemon would show up too, almost as an easter egg.

Also, I'm reasonably sure that Tetris is represented, at least on the 3DS, by some music (I saw some in Sound Test, not sure what level it is on). And since the 50 facts video said that almost all of the 3DS music would also be on Wii U, presumably that means we'll be able to hear Korobeiniki on the Wii U.
Tetris isn't on a stage, it's just in the soundtrack, just like a lot of other songs. I figured a lot of people would be aware of this by now :p You can use it on Smash Run.

Jigglypumped

Smash Cadet
Nothing for the Cooking Mama series, right? I'm surprised; it sells pretty well. Better than most the series on Smash.

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Rhythm Heaven

It was represented in the 3DS version, but not in the Wii U version so far.

Edit: nvm the wrestler trophy

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
I made this thread to have a list of series that have no content in the Wii U version. I will remove series if we see any content related to them in a Picture of the Day. Tell me if I'm missing anything, because I probably am.

1080° Snowboarding
Another Code
Brain Academy
Card Hero
Custom Robo
Electroplankton
Endless Ocean
Eternal Darkness
Famicom Bunko
Famicom Grand Prix
Famicom Mukashi Banashi (Shin Onigashima and Yuyuki)
Famicom Sports Series (Hockey, Golf, Volleyball etc)
Famicom Tantei Club
Golden Sun
Hotel Dusk
Joy Mech Fight
Mach Rider
Oundan / Elite Beat Agents
Pandora's Tower
Pro Wrestling
Solar Striker
Teleroboxer
Time Twist
Urban Champion
Wave Race
X

Is Baten Kaitos first or second party?
Most of the series in this list that got a Song in Melee or Brawl will probably have that song come back in the Wii U version. Both 1080 Snowboarding & Mach Rider have a song on Port Town Areo Drive, Golden Sun had a song on Norfair, X had a song on Lylat Cruise, Big Brain Academy had a song on Distant Planet(the song might just move to the new Pikmin stage) and that a number of Famicom/NES games had songs on one of the retro stages in brawl so those songs will probably make a return. The Retro stage songs will probably move to 75M, Wrecking Crew, or another retro stage unless Mario Bros & Summit come back.

Star Endless Ocean is more of a sci-fi RPG similar to Phantasy Star, but more story-based... So, a sci-fi Tales of ____ game?

Edit: Mixed up Star Ocean and Endless Ocean.
Aye Star Ocean is dope

Fayt and Cliff are the real deal.

Last edited:

Super_Queijo

Smash Apprentice
I would consider Super Mario RPG, it's a spin-off of the Mario series of course, but deserves to be remembered!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Drill Dozer is not on the list, though it is a standalone game and not a series. Anyways, it is kind of sad how some of the series are underrepresented or not represented at all. I think they should have prioritized representing more series over adding second/third reps of already represented series. No playable characters of Advance Wars, Sin & Punishment, Golden Sun and a few other franchises is a tragedy. To the very least, some of those franchises should have stages in the game. Oh well :(
Ivy's not a derp- he's just stoic. :)
The Smash Bros Ivysaur is female, just so you know ;)

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
There are lots of Nintendo games that haven't became a series which they ended up becoming a minor franchise. But even though they did have popularity during that time. Its too bad they couldn't make it in any form for this Smash, which I was hoping Captain Rainbow, Demille from Tomato Adventure, Takamaru, Prince of Sable, Isaac, some character from Magical Vacation/Starsign, Isa from Sin and Punishment, and Lip for being a playable character; and And-Kensaku, Bubbles from Clu Clu Land, and Cubivore as ATs. I hope Sakurai will think about it making some as DLC if possible, or next time for the next Smash...

Why do you think Ivysaur's female? People think Jigglypuff is a guy, and DH's dog is a female while the duck is unknown...

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Drill Dozer is not on the list, though it is a standalone game and not a series. Anyways, it is kind of sad how some of the series are underrepresented or not represented at all. I think they should have prioritized representing more series over adding second/third reps of already represented series. No playable characters of Advance Wars, Sin & Punishment, Golden Sun and a few other franchises is a tragedy. To the very least, some of those franchises should have stages in the game. Oh well :(

I know the Smash one is, but my idea is that the Ivy in my avatar is a separate entity, who is male.

There are lots of Nintendo games that haven't became a series which they ended up becoming a minor franchise. But even though they did have popularity during that time. Its too bad they couldn't make it in any form for this Smash, which I was hoping Captain Rainbow, Demille from Tomato Adventure, Takamaru, Prince of Sable, Isaac, some character from Magical Vacation/Starsign, Isa from Sin and Punishment, and Lip for being a playable character; and And-Kensaku, Bubbles from Clu Clu Land, and Cubivore as ATs. I hope Sakurai will think about it making some as DLC if possible, or next time for the next Smash...

Why do you think Ivysaur's female? People think Jigglypuff is a guy, and DH's dog is a female while the duck is unknown...
Smash Ivysaur is female because it has a yellow seed if you position the camera correctly. Japanese voice is also female but that matters less

Top Bottom