• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
Oh, that sure strings! Will we ever get a remix, or maybe even some more tracks from the games RtDL onwards :crying:?
It would be a shame not including a Planet Robobot track. I'm not even asking a Star Allies one. I mean: Sakurai-san, you love Kirby. I would a crime against yourself.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
It would be a shame not including a Planet Robobot track. I'm not even asking a Star Allies one. I mean: Sakurai-san, you love Kirby. I would a crime against yourself.
I'm personally hoping for Haltmann Works Elite Management.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I find it extremely weird that Odyssey has a stage and 6 songs and not a single one is a remix.

Anyways, cool another Odyssey song!

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Shame Moonstruck Blossom is only a port. Not that I was expecting a remix, but it would have been great if we got one. Still, the original is a phenomenal song as is, so I'm still happy!

Honeylune Ridge Caves is another great song choice, I was hoping it would be included!

I find it extremely weird that Odyssey has a stage and 6 songs and not a single one is a remix.

Anyways, cool another Odyssey song!
We might have a "Jump Up Superstar" remix if the "about page" theory turns out to be true!

Last edited:

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone feel that expecting there to be over 200 brand new arrangements is far too unrealistic?
Yes, for sure. That would be wayyyy more than Brawl and Smash 4 got. I think it will probably fall in the 100-130 range.

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Yes, for sure. That would be wayyyy more than Brawl and Smash 4 got. I think it will probably fall in the 100-130 range.
Thinking that too but I'm still very much hoping it's close to around 150 for the final total of ultimate remixes.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Are there any Pokemon stages not in the demo? (beyond Spear Pillar, I know that one's gone). I'm wondering because I hope we get more Gen 2 songs, the fact we only have 1 from that gen saddens me.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
How many do we have so far?
At least 68.

SMB2 Ground Theme
Grass Land (SMB3)
Luigi's Mansion
Bowser Battle/Dark Land (SMB3)
Fortress Boss (SMB3)
Delfino Plaza
DK / DK Jr. Medley
Map Page / Bonus Level
Gang-Plank Galleon
Midna's Lament
Kass's Theme
Termina Field
Tri Force Heroes Title Theme
BotW Main Theme
Vs. Ridley
Vs. Parasite Queen
Brinstar Depths
Yoshi's New Island Main Theme
City Trial
Kirby's Dream Land Staff Roll
Battle! (Gladion)
Battle! (Kahuna)
Battle! (Elite Four) / Battle! (Solgaleo/Lunala)
Battle! (Kukui)
Battle! (Wild Pokemon) (Sun/Moon)
Battle! (Trainer) (Sun/Moon)
Battle! (Steven)
F-ZERO Medley
Prelude (Ablaze)
Id (Purpose)
Gear Up For...
Destiny (Ablaze)
Beyond the Sky
Lost in Thoughts All Alone
Garden of Hope
Pikmin Main Theme
Animal Crossing Title Theme
Wild World Title Theme
Happy Home Designer Title Theme
Main Menu - Wii Fit
Now or Never!
Seaskape
Splattack!
Bomb Rush Blush
Snake Eater
Fire Man Stage
Guts Man Stage
Wood Man Stage
Flash Man Stage
We're the Robots
Central Highway
Mega Man 4 Medley
Galaga Medley
Guile Stage
Vega Stage
Vampire Killer
Bloody Tears / Monster Dance
Stalker / Wicked Child
Lost Painting
Bathtime
Find Mii / Find Mii 2 Medley
Light Plane
Title Theme - Wii Sports
Afternoon on the Island
Duck Hunt Medley
Wrecking Crew Medley
Noisy Notebook

In reality, more than that because you can count on many more remixes out of the list of Castlevania tracks. There's also some tracks I didn't list, such as Zinnia or Electroplankton, that may be remixes and may not be.

Are there any Pokemon stages not in the demo? (beyond Spear Pillar, I know that one's gone). I'm wondering because I hope we get more Gen 2 songs, the fact we only have 1 from that gen saddens me.
The only Pokemon stage missing in the demo is Spear Pillar.

Last edited:

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
given the dev cycle (mario odyssey being released late october 2017) there probably wasn't much time to get too many remixes done compared to breath of the wild or sun/moon

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Has this song been confirmed to be back in?
Nope not that I'm aware of yet. Likely is gonna be back though, they got all but 2 songs left to go (if you don't count Smash Run-only songs. yes... that was a thing)

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Nope not that I'm aware of yet. Likely is gonna be back though, they got all but 2 songs left to go (if you don't count Smash Run-only songs. yes... that was a thing)
It's still weird that we haven't gotten a single Kid Icarus remix yet. I felt the remixes were a bit cheap last game since they sounded so similar to the original tracks so I hope that if we get new remixes they'll take the music in a different direction.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Moonstruck Blossom is in? That's honestly one of the most incredibilis confirmations so far. Now if we could get Twilight of the Gods, Crocodile Cacophony, and Submerged Cast-I mean anything from Pikmin that sounds appropriate for a fight to the death, then I would be very happy.

SmashBasher123

Smash Cadet
Moonstruck Blossom is in? That's honestly one of the most incredibilis confirmations so far. Now if we could get Twilight of the Gods, Crocodile Cacophony, and Submerged Cast-I mean anything from Pikmin that sounds appropriate for a fight to the death, then I would be very happy.
Some version of Twilight of the Gods seems to be in at least, or at the very least a remix of the Gaiden map theme it expands on. Don't think anyone's actually heard the remix itself, though.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Some version of Twilight of the Gods seems to be in at least, or at the very least a remix of the Gaiden map theme it expands on. Don't think anyone's actually heard the remix itself, though.
Well, as long as it shows up at all, that's good enough for me

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've played Smash Bros. Ultimate yesterday and could confirm the following:

1. Battlefield from Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U is in the game and played on Final Destination, suggesting that Battlefield, Big Battlefield and Final Destination share the same track listing.
2. Tunnel Scene - X (Brawl remix) played on Wuhu Island, suggesting that all songs in the Sound Test's "other" category are assigned to all stages without a matching sound test category. That means cases such as music from The Wonderful 101 in Mario Galaxy or Golden Sun music in Norfair and Palutena's Temple are no longer a thing.

In other words, song selection per stage is now more streamlined, with each stage having the songs pulled from its respective sound test category and in case there's no match, the other section is used instead.

This reminds me of how 3DS's Classic mode handles the character and stage matches. It's also done by series but in case a character doesn't have a matching stage, any of the stages without a matching character is picked instead. Most notably, when the Duck Hunt stage was added via free update, Duck Hunt started to be fought against only in the Duck Hunt stage, as opposed to using Balloon Fight, Living Room or PictoChat 2, so that's exactly the same logic going on here with the music.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

1. Battlefield from Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U is in the game and played on Final Destination, suggesting that Battlefield, Big Battlefield and Final Destination share the same track listing.
2. Tunnel Scene - X (Brawl remix) played on Wuhu Island, suggesting that all songs in the Sound Test's "other" category are assigned to all stages without a matching sound test category. That means cases such as music from The Wonderful 101 in Mario Galaxy or Golden Sun music in Norfair and Palutena's Temple are no longer a thing.

In other words, song selection per stage is now more streamlined, with each stage having the songs pulled from its respective sound test category and in case there's no match, the other section is used instead.

This reminds me of how 3DS's Classic mode handles the character and stage matches. It's also done by series but in case a character doesn't have a matching stage, any of the stages without a matching character is picked instead. Most notably, when the Duck Hunt stage was added via free update, Duck Hunt started to be fought against only in the Duck Hunt stage, as opposed to using Balloon Fight, Living Room or PictoChat 2, so that's exactly the same logic going on here with the music.
I was expecting the 'Others' track list to apply to all the non-Major stages anyway. Although I don't think some of the tracks are gonna fit very well on these stages. Roar/Rathalos doesn't fit the Pilotwings stage at all. (unless there was a dragon flying in the background. :laugh:)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I was expecting the 'Others' track list to apply to all the non-Major stages anyway. Although I don't think some of the tracks are gonna fit very well on these stages. Roar/Rathalos doesn't fit the Pilotwings stage at all. (unless there was a dragon flying in the background. :laugh:)
You can say that about a lot of songs with the way music works now, i.e. playing the Luigi's Mansion theme on Delfino Plaza or some bubbly cutesy Kirby song on Halberd.

At the same time, there are some songs that fit well on various stages that otherwise wouldn't be able to be selected for them all, for example, playing the Gerudo Valley theme on both Gerudo Valley or Pirate Ship. Likewise, I think Dragon Roost Island fits well with Great Bay's maritime setting so it's nice that is an option without having it simply relegated to Pirate Ship (where it also fits well, of course).

For Roar/Rathalos, I think that along with the Golden Sun songs, Tetris: Type A and other such intense songs, will fit fine on Find Mii/StreetPass Quest.

Last edited:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
That would indeed create some... interesting mix-ups. Imagine the Jergingha - Planet Destruction Form theme playing on the Nintendogs stage with fluffy kittens and puppies playing innocently in the background.

Or the happy Bath Time theme playing with the Dark Lord wreaking havoc on Find Mii.

That would be hilarious

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

Ooooh, that's really interesting, especially since Tunnel Scene was on Starfox before. This can allow some more customization.
The question that still exist is: does songs like Tunnel Scene can still be on Lylat Cruise? Because there was some good selection on some stages, like this song or Attack (Soma Bringer) on Coliseum.

SmashBasher123

Smash Cadet
I'm hoping there are still some special exceptions to the music rules like being able to play Mario music on Melee Yoshi's Island, but we'll have to see!

mikanbouya

Smash Apprentice
If Mario World music is limited to Yoshi stages, and Mario music from other games can't be played on the Mario World stage.. that would be so strange and disappointing to me.

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
yoshi's island melee definitely seems to be a special case because it normally uses the yoshi setlist but it can also play its song from melee (which is classified as a mario series song in previous games), suggesting it might have a special selection. we haven't seen that theme play on any other yoshi stage, and ground theme from SMW has been seen on mario maker

i think this might also be the case with songs like tunnel scene playing on lylat cruise. the phrasing used in the direct doesn't imply that music will be limited to just one series

do we know what game this is from...? my guess would be the link between worlds version, but could it be a rename for hidden mountain & forest?

Last edited:

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
Let's check all the versions:

-The Legend of Zelda: too short for a ported version or a remix (in a similar way to Castle Theme from Super Mario Bros.)
-A Link to the Past: there is the "Hidden Mountain & Forest" remix
-Four Swords: it may be an option. Hope Nintendo still remembers that game
-Four Swords Adventures: itself a arrangement from ALttP
-Twilight Princess: as a ported version, it may be too much "tribal" for Smash. It has to be more melodical (I expect I made it clear. If not, I apologize for my expression). In case of being included, it may be remixed
-A Link Between Worlds: also an arrangement from ALttP, but we also have the Lorule Theme, which itself is an arrangement from ALttP, so maybe they may do it again
-Hyrule Warriors: probably not, as it is a spin-off not recognised in Smash Bros. Also, the style of music doesn't fit with the style of the rest of tracks of the saga.
-Breath of the Wild: as TJ-Works told before, it's too ambiental for Smash Bros. (And it is an arrangement from the 1986 version in the original The Legend of Zelda).

These are my thoughts about it. I bet for the Four Swords and the ALBW versions to appear.

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
I wish Rainbow Road stage was back too. :urg:

Man, everyone here is quicker at catching new songs than me. I can't keep up.
It's getting more difficult because a lot of them has been revealed currently. My tactic is to search in Youtube with the filters "Upload Date: Today" and "Sort by: Upload Date" to find the most recent (and less watched) demo gameplays. And I'm pretty mad about revealing tracks so...

And yes. Rainbow Road was a great loss. And also Pac-Maze, Yoshi's Wooly World and Jungle Hijinx

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
I'm hoping there are still some special exceptions to the music rules like being able to play Mario music on Melee Yoshi's Island, but we'll have to see!
We've already seen that the Mario World Athletic Theme is still available on Yoshi's Island Melee.

I'm honestly gonna be pretty irritated if the "Other" songs can ONLY be played on the "Other" stages. It's a really bad move if Tunnel Scene can no longer play on Lylat Cruise or Tetris Type A can no longer play on Luigi's Mansion.

Top Bottom