• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

SmashBasher123

Smash Cadet
Sweet, just really hoping for Fossil Falls out of Odyssey music now! (Though I'm happy with what we've gotten so far already)

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Sweet, just really hoping for Fossil Falls out of Odyssey music now! (Though I'm happy with what we've gotten so far already)
We're probably getting it, but as ned_ballad ned_ballad said we're probably in a situation where there's a set of songs for the particular stages that have been set much higher than everything else (hence why we're only seeing Steam Gardens now).

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Is Steam Gardens a remix? Please say yes, I want a darn SMO remix for once.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Is Steam Gardens a remix? Please say yes, I want a darn SMO remix for once.
I tried listening but I couldn't hear anything. Its way too quiet in the video. My assumption is its just a direct rip. I'm basically assuming almost everything from recent games (within the past year) are direct rips with few exceptions.

Naoshi

I tried listening but I couldn't hear anything. Its way too quiet in the video. My assumption is its just a direct rip. I'm basically assuming almost everything from recent games (within the past year) are direct rips with few exceptions.
Is the Smash Wiki working off on the same assumption? Because it definitely feels like too many songs are labeled "Original" to be true but I guess we'll see in time.

On the bright side, the song choices have been excellent.

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Alright, I'm stoked that Zinnia's theme is in. Easily one of the best Pokemon battle themes. I'm predicting that its a remix too, given how many new arrangements we've been getting from the 3DS Pokemon games!

I'm also really excited about Advanced Step, honestly - love that song for some reason. Its one of the best songs from the Wii Fit series alongside Super Hoop and Rhythm Boxing, was a bit bummed out when it didn't show up in SSB4. Too bad its not a remix though, that would've been great.

And Steam Gardens is of course very exciting. Hoping its remix! As usual I can barely make anything out in the video, but I hear instrumentation that doesn't sound like the original song - sounds like a heavier electric guitar - unless I'm picking up on something completely different. Or is it just me?

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
There's definitely still a whole lot of ports left. Brawl and Smash 4 both had roughly 110 new remixes at launch, and if Ultimate has a similar number then there's only around 40-50 left that we don't know about.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There's definitely still a whole lot of ports left. Brawl and Smash 4 both had roughly 110 new remixes at launch, and if Ultimate has a similar number then there's only around 40-50 left that we don't know about.
40-50 left is still pretty significant. That's quite a chunk we don't know.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
40-50 left is still pretty significant. That's quite a chunk we don't know.
Yeah, I meant "only" in the sense that there are more ports left to find out about than remixes, not that it's a low number per se.

Although, we still don't know how many of those Castlevania songs are remixes. Probably a pretty good number, and if the remaining 8 Street Fighter songs are all remixes too then 20-30 might be more accurate after taking those into account.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Alright, I'm stoked that Zinnia's theme is in. Easily one of the best Pokemon battle themes. I'm predicting that its a remix too, given how many new arrangements we've been getting from the 3DS Pokemon games!

I'm also really excited about Advanced Step, honestly - love that song for some reason. Its one of the best songs from the Wii Fit series alongside Super Hoop and Rhythm Boxing, was a bit bummed out when it didn't show up in SSB4. Too bad its not a remix though, that would've been great.

And Steam Gardens is of course very exciting. Hoping its remix! As usual I can barely make anything out in the video, but I hear instrumentation that doesn't sound like the original song - sounds like a heavier electric guitar - unless I'm picking up on something completely different. Or is it just me?
Are we sure it's not a remix? Either way I wouldn't mind, the song was so good in Wii Fit that the rhythm step exercise was the one I spent the most time on. It's also surprisngly longer than even most of the Xenoblade songs:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
I see in the OP that a track named Electroplankton is in the loosely confirmed folder yet I have seen no mention of it anywhere... Was it seen in a video?

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
I see in the OP that a track named Electroplankton is in the loosely confirmed folder yet I have seen no mention of it anywhere... Was it seen in a video?
In Brawl, Hanenbow wasn't available in My Music. It always played an ambient noise track and then the "music" was created by the Electroplankton bouncing off the leaves. I'm guessing the ambient track is what that's referring to. Not technically confirmed but certainly in because it was the stage's main gimmick.

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
i don't believe advanced step is a remix, it's just the sequenced OST version rather than the in-game midi version

I'm surprised that the Wii Fit series is getting this kind of attention in terms of music. Like Pikmin. Also the choice of new tunes for both of them is pretty nice.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'm surprised that the Wii Fit series is getting this kind of attention in terms of music. Like Pikmin. Also the choice of new tunes for both of them is pretty nice.
it really is weird, but I won't complain considering that Wii Fit is such an old game that I actually have nostalgia for its soundtrack

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
Also, I'm curious about something:

We have all the characters from the entire Smash Bros. saga

We almost have all the stages from the entire saga (there are 15 missing stages)

So, what do you think? Will we have all the Stage Music (not the menus or specifically Smash Bros. saga music) that appeared in the 4 previous games? Will a remix or an original song be missing?

Weeks before, I did some estimations. If all the Stage tunes from the previous 4 games appear in this game, we will have space for more than 250 songs to fulfill the "more than 800 songs" statement. What do you say?

PixelPasta

Smash Lord

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Well, we just hit 100 responses on the "Best New Smash Ultimate Remix" poll! I figured this milestone would be an appropriate time to consolidate the results into a "tier list" of sorts. Bear in mind that the more recent songs have had less time to accumulate votes.

S TIER:
Gang-Plank Galleon :ultkrool: (67 votes)

A TIER:
Bloody Tears / Monster Dance :ultsimon: (35 votes)
Brinstar Depths :ultsamus: (30 votes)
Bomb Rush Blush :ultinkling: (22 votes)
City Trial :ultkirby: (22 votes)
Battle! Steven :ultpokemontrainer: (20 votes)

B TIER:
Lost Painting :ultrichter: (18 votes)
Galaga Medley :ultpacman: (17 votes)
Main Theme - Breath of the Wild :ultlink: (16 votes)
Vega Stage :ultryu: (16 votes)
Fortress Boss :ultbowser: (16 votes)
Snake Eater :ultsnake: (15 votes)

C TIER:
F-ZERO Medley :ultfalcon: (13 votes)
Flash Man Stage :ultmegaman: (11 votes)
Guile Stage :ultken: (11 votes)
Mega Man 4 Medley :ultmegaman: (8 votes)
Main Theme - Pikmin :ultolimar: (7 votes)
Id Purpose :ultrobin: (6 votes)

D TIER:
Gear Up For... :ultchrom: (5 votes)
Title Theme - Happy Home Designer :ultisabelle: (4 votes)
Afternoon on the Island :ultmiifighters: (3 votes)
Noisy Notebook :ultgnw: (3 votes)
Main Theme - Yoshi's New Island :ultyoshi: (2 vote)
Battle! Wild Pokemon - Sun & Moon :ultincineroar: (1 vote)
Seaskape :ultinkling: (0 votes)​

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Well, we just hit 100 responses on the "Best New Smash Ultimate Remix" poll! I figured this milestone would be an appropriate time to consolidate the results into a "tier list" of sorts. Bear in mind that the more recent songs have had less time to accumulate votes.

S TIER:
Gang-Plank Galleon :ultkrool: (67 votes)

A TIER:
Bloody Tears / Monster Dance :ultsimon: (35 votes)
Brinstar Depths :ultsamus: (30 votes)
Bomb Rush Blush :ultinkling: (22 votes)
City Trial :ultkirby: (22 votes)
Battle! Steven :ultpokemontrainer: (20 votes)

B TIER:
Lost Painting :ultrichter: (18 votes)
Galaga Medley :ultpacman: (17 votes)
Main Theme - Breath of the Wild :ultlink: (16 votes)
Vega Stage :ultryu: (16 votes)
Fortress Boss :ultbowser: (16 votes)
Snake Eater :ultsnake: (15 votes)

C TIER:
F-ZERO Medley :ultfalcon: (13 votes)
Flash Man Stage :ultmegaman: (11 votes)
Guile Stage :ultken: (11 votes)
Mega Man 4 Medley :ultmegaman: (8 votes)
Main Theme - Pikmin :ultolimar: (7 votes)
Id Purpose :ultrobin: (6 votes)

D TIER:
Gear Up For... :ultchrom: (5 votes)
Title Theme - Happy Home Designer :ultisabelle: (4 votes)
Afternoon on the Island :ultmiifighters: (3 votes)
Noisy Notebook :ultgnw: (3 votes)
Main Theme - Yoshi's New Island :ultyoshi: (2 vote)
Battle! Wild Pokemon - Sun & Moon :ultincineroar: (1 vote)
Seaskape :ultinkling: (0 votes)​
I still think the new Brinstar Depths and F-Zero Medley are the best ones. (I didn't like the F-Zero remix at first, but it grew on me.)

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
There is a video of a song called "Electroplankton" playing on Wuhu Island.
Exactly what the song is, I have no idea - as far as I know there isn't much to port from the game, since its all ambient sounds. My guess is they wrote a new song to represent the game, similar to Flat Zone or Pictochat.
O.
M.
G.

This is, like, the hypest thing I've read all week. I bet it's a Pictochat like track that uses various plankton's sounds to make a music.
In any case, the more Electroplankton stuff is in the game, the better it is. I grew really really attached to this little game.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Exactly what the song is, I have no idea - as far as I know there isn't much to port from the game, since its all ambient sounds. My guess is they wrote a new song to represent the game, similar to Flat Zone or Pictochat.
Huh, that's really interesting. If it is a new composition, I wonder if that means Hanenbow won't be limited to just the ambient noise anymore since it would be pretty dumb to compose a new Electroplankton song and then not let you hear it on the Electroplankton stage lol. That would go a long way towards making that stage suck less tbh.

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g40tVZrQNw4

Bathtime Vocal Mix is still in

Last edited:

segillav

Smash Apprentice

SmashBasher123

Smash Cadet
On another note, I don't mean to be negative but I'm thoroughly sick of the vapid amount of repeat songs we've been getting. I get that for some songs like Egg Planet, it definitely is a good idea to have the original, but we don't need the original version of the Zelda theme from NES and SNES games when we have 30 different remasters already available in the game. Here's another example:

Why do we need the original version of Hyrule field when the only thing different about the Brawl version is that the updated the instruments? If a song is much different than its original than by all means have them both in, but this just feels like padding.

Honestly it's just a nitpick but something that annoys me. We should've left it at the Zelda and DK main themes from Brawl so more time could be spent on doing different things unless they really wanted to innovate with those themes.
I do agree on this point, and it's especially egregious for Mario, Zelda and DK that get their main themes remixed basically every single game, even moreso for DK because music that isn't just remixes of Jungle Hijinx is pretty scarce for some reason, even out of the songs we've heard so far confirmed for Ultimate. I appreciate the attempts that actually sound different enough to justify different versions of the themes being in (Jungle Level V2 being a more intense and fast paced version, 4's Zelda Medley using a guitar as its main instrument, etc.), but for some others it definitely feels pretty redundant which does slightly deflate the ~800 music track count (only slightly cuz that is still a really big number!)

Sounds interesting, especially the implication of involving more of the little subgames Electroplankton has and not just Hanenbow judging by the title. I like the ambient sound of Hanenbow, but if this remix is good it'll be nice to have an actual song to play on that stage sometimes too!
(Random thought related to the thought of Hanenbow's normal ambient sound being available for other 'miscellaneous' stages, imagine if Environmental Noises was just a track available for every stage in the game now and not tied to Pikmin.)

DeadmanV2

Smash Rookie
Huh, that's really interesting. If it is a new composition, I wonder if that means Hanenbow won't be limited to just the ambient noise anymore since it would be pretty dumb to compose a new Electroplankton song and then not let you hear it on the Electroplankton stage lol. That would go a long way towards making that stage suck less tbh.

Edit:

Since this song was kind of worried about due to the new remix, I'm really glad it's back. Low key one of my favorite songs from Smash 4.

Naoshi

Bathtime Vocal Mix and Light Plane Vocal Mix are my favorite Smash 4 songs.

(And then there's the Mario World Boss Theme Spanish remix~)

King Zekrom

Smash Apprentice
Steam Gardens is in? That's the track I never knew I needed. When I got to the Wooded Kingdom in Odyssey I could stop humming Steam Gardens cause it was soooo good. I even started listening to 30 min extensions of it on YouTube, but suddenly I forgot about it. So happy to see it in Smash!

I must say that all of a sudden I've grown in love with Ultimate's Final Destination theme. At first I thought it was just as bad as Smash 4's but after listening to it a couple times it's grown on me and I really like it. It has tension, where it repeats the main theme with speed and urgency, and it has a sort of serenity about the 2:10 mark, and oh my god I love it. I think I like it more than Brawl's FD, which I think is only good at the beginning and becomes worse after the Latin chanting. It's not only good at the beginning, it's good the whole way through.

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace

Edit:

Phew, the prospect of bathtime vocal mix being cut was worrying me. Good to see it finally confirmed!

I don't really think Hanenbow could've been limited to just brawls' "music" anyways. Battle field and fd forms exist, so the interactive part wouldn't really have worked.
It the new track is something like flatzone, that's super hype.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
I don't really think Hanenbow could've been limited to just brawls' "music" anyways. Battle field and fd forms exist, so the interactive part wouldn't really have worked.
An easy workaround would've been to just have the BF/FD form take place in front of the full stage, and the Electroplankton would bounce off the leaves like normal in the background to create the music. But yeah, definitely hoping that's not the case. (Plus, we already have an example of gimmick music not playing nicely with an omega form in Gamer, which becomes complete silence on the omega form in Smash 4)

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNm2h3-US1w

Another really blurry one, but it looks like this says Mob Smash to me (and you can hear it's definitely a version of the Ultimate theme), confirming that they still made a new Multi-Man composition despite letting you pick any music you want for that mode now.

Last edited:

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
An easy workaround would've been to just have the BF/FD form take place in front of the full stage, and the Electroplankton would bounce off the leaves like normal in the background to create the music. But yeah, definitely hoping that's not the case. (Plus, we already have an example of gimmick music not playing nicely with an omega form in Gamer, which becomes complete silence on the omega form in Smash 4)

Edit:

Another really blurry one, but it looks like this says Mob Smash to me (and you can hear it's definitely a version of the Ultimate theme), confirming that they still made a new Multi-Man composition despite letting you pick any music you want for that mode now.
Maybe it says "Multi Smash"

TreeBranch

Smash Ace

Edit:

I suppose if that could still be the case if it returns as a music option, which it likely will.
I have to wonder how the stage works with other music though. Would the Electroplankton just disappear or not make sound? Maybe they'll just make sound anyway?

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
Last edited:
Top Bottom