• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

incrediblej

Smash Apprentice
@8MAN honestly they should make links projectiles and any move have the lowest priority and have his only kill move be spin attack in mid air at over 200% just so he isn't "OP" on FG anymore

Serac

Smash Cadet
@ Serac Serac Thanks for playing tonight. Man, I made so many mistakes. I'll see if @ Zelkam Zelkam can upload a few of the more memorable ones for us.
Thank you. It's understandable, the lag at first was bad and then kinda OK so mistakes are prone to happen in both sides. By the way nice FF nair gimp and bomb jump, you just refused to die.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I had a game called Nox in the past so I looked up a speed run of it. I couldn't believe how bad the old PC games' resolution was. People are really jaded today by fast connections, processing etc.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
You were demodded, for among other things, flaming people. I would have thought that would have been enough of a warning.
Admin, you mistake your aim
Accept the fire, feel the flame.
There is no light without some heat
There is no wimp who does not cheat.
Please, let it not be immortally thine
Who adds, finally, to our boards decline.

Ah, we’d hope that as reward for all our troubles past
We’d fine one wish true – to find a home on SWF at last!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daily morning reminder for @ Catana Catana to play Link again:

Ah! fair and sweet Cat’s Link wandered among
Hyrulian fields, by the poets once sung.
Now all laid waste by Meta Knight’s hand,
Whose cursèd neutral destroyed the great land.
Oh! who but me should see Cat’s fine Link fall?
How could I, but drop a tear for all?
Accursèd tiers! bounding in-game laws,
Of all the evil you remain the cause!
Victim of want, Link and poor me,
Truly still they want nothing of thee:
You are the bar that keeps Link’s pride fed
And you’re our loss of winnings and bread;
You are the cause of pain in every tree:
Every low-tier bows down to thee.

Sweet Linkish prides! you dear, departed charms,
Once Cat united you in his arms!
When winning mattered all but few,
When he was known to all, and had his due;
When mirth and Link were his companions through day,
Made losing light, and pass’d bright hours away;
When Link’s moves made him so dear to me,
When we could fight together in glee.
When every Link main sweetly join’d among,
And cheer’d on your losing with a cute song;
You perish’d pride, goodbye! you ruin’d scenes,
You well-known victories, often seen greens!
Hardly did a proud Link so quickly lose all
With such a sad grimace, such a sad grawl.
Hardly did a Link so quickly become a sad spy
Who once held up his head so proud and high!
No, not a secret move did then remain,
Throughout your playing in that game:
But, in those days, your presence proud posssess’d
The secret of Link: a heart that feels blessed.

You dear, belovèd Link! may it be thine
To see with full view your own sad decline.
When this vain game and you have nearly done
Your punishment will come, as you have won none.
When all of Links moves, with which you used to sore
To heights unknown, are around no more –
Then will disappointments prove you a great cheat:
An ending only sour, nothing of sweet.
When weary MK from the grave a rescue seeks
Remember the Links dearly, when we turn our cheek.
Those charms of Link, you will never see,
May it be mine to show their end to thee!
And, as reward for those troubles past,
Find one hope true: you may win at last.

I hope it was worth paying your soul:
You may win, but are worse on the whole.

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
we'd take back Elessar if we could.

Friendly reminder that Elessar's modding was taken away because he thought a more mature anime wasn't able to be understood by a 12 yo.

That's literally what got it taken away. Not him cussing him out, not him being unkind, not him flaming the thread. He just thought a 12 yo shouldn't watch a particular anime that has adult content.
I feel like this needs to be repeated. @ Mic_128 Mic_128

BaPTraPLaP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaPTraPLaP
Wait Elessar lost his modship? I've been gone for I think a week or 2 why is this? What is this?! Skull kid get this evil moon away and give me back the mask

Edit:...and Link got nerfed from the looks of it

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
@ DarkDeity15 DarkDeity15 Me supuse que sabrias español considerando que vives en Florida. Ademas de eso, aun estas en el colegio por lo cual segurot iene clases de español. Quien sabe, capaz hasta eres o un latinito. De todos modo no me importa ya que aun si no pudieses leer español podrias traducirlo no? No eres tan inteligente como te gusta pensar que eres. Ni aun cerca.
I don't give a care how smart I am. I'm smart enough. But yes, I'm half Cuban and half Puerto Rican. I've lost most of my ability to write and speak spanish, but I can still understand it just fine. Good to see a fellow hispanic on the boards though.

Edit: I vote for Lawz, Zelkam & Zane.

Last edited:

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
I don't give a care how smart I am. I'm smart enough. But yes, I'm half Cuban and half Puerto Rican. I've lost most of my ability to write and speak spanish, but I can still understand it just fine. Good to see a fellow hispanic on the boards though.

Edit: I vote for Lawz, Zelkam & Zane.
Pues si, habemos latinos por acá... Por lo que tengo entendido, eres un niño (15 años, no?), así que realmente 'inteligencia' no es medible en algo tan vago como una conversación informal...

In the topic, It is kinda stupid how Elessar got de-modded, but maybe it could give us a lesson. If you have nothing good to say about someone, just don't say anything... just, nobody cares about a 12 yo opinion... he or she can say whatever his or her infant brain can think, and it will mean nothing for nobody... :/

PD: A friend will upload two fights with each Elessar and Oblivion to youtube. The other day we had a very fun friendly session. Just don't expect too much, because it was online friendly (although we had almost no lag, no delay). Also, as it could be expected, i just upload my victories... if we have the opportunity to play a set (best of 3 or five), it would be different.

Okay guys Hyrule Warriors or WW HD? Which one should I get?
WW HD all the time... HW is just too much repetitive :/

Last edited:

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Afternoon reminder for @ Catana Catana to start playing Link again: --

“Ah,” said Cat! “I see
Link can have a hard time.
So I’ll use MK just for once:
Is that so great a crime?”
“With her I can,” said he,
“Finally beat those goddamn Sheiks:
I hate that silly dunce –
I’ll give it to those geeks.”

“No, little Cat with wool!-
What are you doing now?”
I asked, with great contempt –
“Why hand in your great bow?”
And there that kitty stood
So happy, small and proud:
The boy who dug his early grave
Now but yet another slave.

Siledh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Siledhrel
3DS FC
3969-5560-9348
I had a game called Nox in the past so I looked up a speed run of it. I couldn't believe how bad the old PC games' resolution was. People are really jaded today by fast connections, processing etc.
I loved Nox as a kid. Tried playing it again recently and still enjoyed it.

Why not both?

HW is pretty damn good and has a lot of post-game content thanks to the various DLC that they've released over the past few months. Only thing is, if you don't like the core game, you won't like any of it. So, if you like Dynasty Warriors, then it's a game you'll enjoy. If not, and you don't like repetitive games where you just kill lots and lots of enemies with the odd boss, then it might not be for you. But there are a lot of different characters to choose from, which means you have a lot of variability for your playstyle. Impa is completely different ffrom Sheik or Ganondorf or Tingle.

And really, WW is WW, so it's always a solid buy.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
If you're only getting one of them, I'd say Wind Waker HD. I'm not huge into hack n' slash personally, but that's your call.

berserker00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Berserker10
3DS FC
1220-7875-3865
Switch FC
6493 3764 6404
If you have the money for both, get both :awesome:

Hyrule Warriors may get repetitive after a while but I'd choose it since I already played WW but if you want to relive Wind Waker in HD, go ahead and get it. Hyrule Warriors' Young Link DLC is so sick though

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Stopped lurking to say
damn, it's a shame that elessar lost his modship
Didn't frequent here much but it seems people can't take a joke or the truth for that matter
rizen or shin for mod

Zerker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexZerker

The Hero of Steroids all day, every day.
Especially if you've already played Wind Waker.

EDIT:
And no, HW ain't repetitive.
It will make you ****in' panic in the later levels, in Adventure mode maps.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@ Drigo Toes Drigo Toes Why only used your victories? I mean, what's the ideology/benefit (other than distorting the public's opinion on your skills) of uploading only your victories?

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
@ Drigo Toes Drigo Toes Why only used your victories? I mean, what's the ideology/benefit (other than distorting the public's opinion on your skills) of uploading only your victories?
If i want to do that, i will upload my 2 stocks victories, and i will not do that.

It is way more simple than that. It was just luck to upload a replay, because i don't have a way to. A friend in Chilean smash community wanted to upload fights, and I just happen to save some replays. Even, I just save two or three replays of the many of our friendlies because I wanted to see those fights again, not for upload purposes...

If you wish, I will say to my friend to not upload our replays...

PD: If someone thinks that it is possible to know the skills in a online friendly, he or she is just way out of his or her head. It is just a f**** friendly with lag... it is just stupid to say I won against X person in an online battle for fun, therefore I am a better player than X.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
If i want to do that, i will upload my 2 stocks victories, and i will not do that.

It is way more simple than that. It was just luck to upload a replay, because i don't have a way to. A friend in Chilean smash community wanted to upload fights, and I just happen to save some replays. Even, I just save two or three replays of the many of our friendlies because I wanted to see those fights again, not for upload purposes...

If you wish, I will say to my friend to not upload our replays...

PD: If someone thinks that it is possible to know the skills in a online friendly, he or she is just way out of his or her head. It is just a f**** friendly with lag... it is just stupid to say I won against X person in an online battle for fun, therefore I am a better player than X.
I'm not saying that's why you una it; I made that notation because I said benefit and that is a "benefit" for which many people go for. I understand why you would save only some replays, I do the same; it's just that you made it seem as if it's a common practice.

I actually think like you. Offline friendlies are still friendlies not entirely accurate when trying to measure skill, but online friendlies? Lolwifi, right? They're just for fun and, not counting lag, you could be playing just to unwind, testing new crap, or dealing with issues irl (like a son or wife in my case) which demands you attention while playing.

Anyways, I am the first one to upload matches were I lose. I actually prefer that and always upload matches where I lose since I v an learn from them and see when I did wrong to improve. Whenever I make a highlight video I actually include more footage of me dying than me killing. That's why I asked about the idea behind only uploading matches where you win, because it's so drastically different from mine.

So upload those matches. I know I can Lear a lot from them (since I lost most and quite badly even in some cases).

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Wow, there's actually been a couple votes for me as mod, wasn't expecting that. For the record, I'd be down with being a mod, but given the choice I would rather see Elessar reinstated before I accepted modship. I feel like the system of checks and balances we had while he was mod was perfect.

However, if the admins are unwilling to own up to their mistake and re-mod Elessar then my votes are for @ Dumbfire Dumbfire and @Zane the pure

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Evening reminder for @ Catana Catana to play Link again: --

How bleak and cold the game is now—
The Cat has fin’ly left his Link:
We may sigh beyond the depths:
But what’s it matter – he won’t think.

The owl that only has one cry,
And little birds with perfect songs,
No longer fear the damnèd Cat:
They will no longer hold their tongues.

I’ll kill that ****ing filtfhy simp,
Some said in rage – hold on
‘Cause he no longer has his Link
And is already gone.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Warning Received
@ smokebomb12 smokebomb12 You are one hilarious little kid, I'm not surprised you're bad at talking to girls. Did you truly believe that what you did would solve anything? Your way of thinking is pathetic. Truly pathetic.
Grow some skin and man the **** up, you ****ing wimpy, over-emotional, childish, premature pile of horse ****.
Something tells me you're probably getting bullied at school, and that same something also tells me you probably deserve it. People like you, who let their girlish feelings take control over them instead of using their brains are nothing but a bunch of useless dumb cowards. Why dont you go and make some use of yourself by running around in a pink maid dress and be everyone's little *****? I'm sure there are enough people who could make some nice use of an ignorant little slave.

Word of advice, kid, dont go anywhere near these boards anymore until you've thickened your skin. Even then, though, approach with caution.

I'm smart enough.
lmao

Also, Shin for mod

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
@ smokebomb12 smokebomb12 You are one hilarious little kid, I'm not surprised you're bad at talking to girls. Did you truly believe that what you did would solve anything? Your way of thinking is pathetic. Truly pathetic.
Grow some skin and man the **** up, you ****ing wimpy, over-emotional, childish, premature pile of horse ****.
Something tells me you're probably getting bullied at school, and that same something also tells me you probably deserve it. People like you, who let their girlish feelings take control over them instead of using their brains are nothing but a bunch of useless dumb cowards. Why dont you go and make some use of yourself by running around in a pink maid dress and be everyone's little *****? I'm sure there are enough people who could make some nice use of an ignorant little slave.

Word of advice, kid, dont go anywhere near these boards anymore until you've thickened your skin. Even then, though, approach with caution.

lmao

Also, Shin for mod
The coup de grace has arrived at long last.

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
Well.... He IS a 12 yo kiddo... I mean, i suppose that the rest of you are at least 20... I have 29... And Gosh... Nothing that a 12 yo kiddo can say would in any way be taken into account to me.
In the same way, if any of you have 2X yo, insulting the immaturity of a 12 yo just put yourself at his same level...
I am not, in any mean, defenfing the little brat. I am just saying that he must be ignored...

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Well.... He IS a 12 yo kiddo... I mean, i suppose that the rest of you are at least 20... I have 29... And Gosh... Nothing that a 12 yo kiddo can say would in any way be taken into account to me.
In the same way, if any of you have 2X yo, insulting the immaturity of a 12 yo just put yourself at his same level...
I am not, in any mean, defenfing the little brat. I am just saying that he must be ignored...
I don't think it was his butthurt feelings that everybody was mad at, it's the fact that he took it too far by snitching on Elessar (which realistically speaking, people WILL look down on you for snitching), which in turn got Elessar demodded, even though he meant no real harm, and was a mod that everyone liked to begin with.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
It's calling an Ele a "little girl". Do that and you need some 'manners', to put it briefly.

Also, Cat has been banned. Presumably because he now mains MK. **** you too. (But know I love you still, secretly.)

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer

lmao

Also, Shin for mod
Ah yes, there it is. I thought something was missing. I believe that's everyone now right XD?

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
@ Zelkam Zelkam Hey man, can I get your NNID? I was hoping I could share some vids. with you, and maybe talk about uploading a few.

Edit: Never mind, I know what it is.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
@ Zelkam Zelkam Hey man, can I get your NNID? I was hoping I could share some vids. with you, and maybe talk about uploading a few.
It's on his profile you know, lol.

Night-time reminder for now-banned @ Catana Catana to main Link again (I hope you learn from your ban and return a proud Link main):

I should have been joyful; the sound and the screen
And the light tones of music – the winner his scene:
But its cadence falls dully and dead on my ear,
For Link’s sitting besides, with a sad tear.

Here is no longer, to bid me rejoice,
The light of Link’s sword, or the tone of his voice;
And, happy though Cat’s vict’ry may be:
It’s nothing when Link is parted from thee.

Remember, remember: -- some of us know
How great Cat’s link was, though now sunk so low;
‘Tis like Legan’s great flair, and Kirin’s bold style:
But now he has turned to MK, the vile!

Like the bow and his arrows, always so bright,--
Like the sword and the shield, tools of a knight..
Oh! sweet is remembrance, even from Brawl
As remembrance is all that is left for us all.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
ATTENTION! I did not report @ Elessar Elessar for the evangellion post! I smashboards at all yesterday and it makes no sence to how I could report someone when I have not been on the boards at all! I am sorry for the lost of your "Job". But remeber when i apologized and you told me that the Link community are a bunch of flamers? I did not care that you said i would not understand the anime (this would never have happened if you did not say them things anyways so this is kind your fault) I did not even get mad at the post or you. So i did not report you and i would really like it if you would stop saying I let my girlish feelings consume me so i "reported you" @ Catana Catana @ link7 link7 @ Drigo Toes Drigo Toes and @the whole damn link communiy call me girlish little brat if you want cause you have no proof it was me you just assume it was me. I did not do anything. Ignore me if you plz but stop raging at me! It does not hurt like at all. So yeah sorry about the d mod or what ever the hell happend but i am staying here you guys are not going to keep me scared or feeling guilty for no reasson. Love you guys!

Breadloaf

Smash Apprentice
ATTENTION! I did not report @ Elessar Elessar for the evangellion post! I smashboards at all yesterday and it makes no sence to how I could report someone when I have not been on the boards at all! I am sorry for the lost of your "Job". But remeber when i apologized and you told me that the Link community are a bunch of flamers? I did not care that you said i would not understand the anime (this would never have happened if you did not say them things anyways so this is kind your fault) I did not even get mad at the post or you. So i did not report you and i would really like it if you would stop saying I let my girlish feelings consume me so i "reported you" @ Catana Catana @ link7 link7 @ Drigo Toes Drigo Toes and @the whole damn link communiy call me girlish little brat if you want cause you have no proof it was me you just assume it was me. I did not do anything. Ignore me if you plz but stop raging at me! It does not hurt like at all. So yeah sorry about the d mod or what ever the hell happend but i am staying here you guys are not going to keep me scared or feeling guilty for no reasson. Love you guys!
I’m curious did you ever learn how to properly speak? You’re grammar is horrible. Perhaps you should look into some remedial classes to get your understanding of the English language up too par?

ama99

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
I might look at what you have to say but I can't understand a single ****ing **** your saying. Your English is the equivalent to that of a dusty mute ******** donkey.

Last edited:
Top Bottom