• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
He would have to wield his sword and shield with his left hand...and his hookshot...and hero's bow....and gale boomerang.....and skull hammer....and big gorons sword.....and ocarina

Yeah, he would be screwed.
Yes well traditionally Link is left handed, so it would be his left hand that would be cut off (someone was going to say it). Imagine trying to fire an arrow with one hand though.

Edit: Actually that reminds me. Am I the only one who would have totally embraced using my left hand for the motion controls of the sword in the wii version of TP and in Skyward Sword? I'm (generally) right handed, so it would have felt slightly weird at first, but I honestly would have risen to the challenge. Even if I was given the choice between left and right handed, I would have picked left handed.

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Trust me when i say, Game of thrones would not stop kids my age from playing zelda. In fact it would only draw them closer to the series like mice to cheese. Besides whats wrong to with 14 year old kids thinking your website is cool.

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
don't stab Lozjam - he's a harmless reincarnation of Ganondorf that we have befriended.
Thanks for the heads up. Definitely would have stabbed any Ganondorf I came across.
Am I the only one who would have totally embraced using my left hand for the motion controls of the sword in the wii version of TP and in Skyward Sword? I'm (generally) right handed, so it would have felt slightly weird at first, but I honestly would have risen to the challenge. Even if I was given the choice between left and right handed, I would have picked left handed.
I'm with you there. Not only would I not feel like I was messing up the history of the character, I would be improving my dexterity. I see no downside
I do apologise for the recent infestation of kids; just try to ignore them.
Is there a rule to not mention the children either else they appear like cuccos?
Trust me when i say, Game of thrones would not stop kids my age from playing zelda. In fact it would only draw them closer to the series like mice to cheese. Besides whats wrong to with 14 year old kids thinking your website is cool.
oh

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I am left-handed, which is why I feel great kinship with Link. The breath of immortality infused into his youthful blood now circulates through my veins too.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Is this still the thread where we introduce ourselves or am I just not seeing many introductions because there aren't that many Link mains? I'm just gonna do what the Navi thread told me to do and introduce myself.

Hey all. Been a casual Link since Smash 64, but I came across a weekly Smash meet-up by chance 3 weeks ago and have been really improving my gameplay in Smash 4 - I'm already finding myself beating the people I had previously found unbeatable. The people there are super helpful and friendly so naturally they all led me to SmashBoards. After a week of lurking, and after noticing that there are people who share my resentment towards Gay, I finally decided to make an account.

Before any of you comment on my all caps tag, shhh. It's only because Dukel looks like Duke(capital i), and DukeL looks (and sounds) super idiotic that it is this way. I probably hate it more than you do.

Exactly why I'm still up at 6:30 in the morning.
Welcome to the Link Boards and thanks for reading and following the stickies. Keep up the good work and you'll have a home with us.

Koby_T

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kobyteith
Actually that reminds me. Am I the only one who would have totally embraced using my left hand for the motion controls of the sword in the wii version of TP and in Skyward Sword? I'm (generally) right handed, so it would have felt slightly weird at first, but I honestly would have risen to the challenge. Even if I was given the choice between left and right handed, I would have picked left handed.
Right with you on that one. I'm cross-handed and actually would've preferred using the sword with my left hand. Really disappointed with them conforming Link to this right-handed world.

Edit: Funny story about that actually. I think Link is the actual reason for my cross-handedness. When I was really little (~5?) I came to realize Link was left-handed. In an attempt to be just like my hero I started doing all manner of things left-handed: eating and brushing mostly. Anytime my friends and I fought with sticks I used my left hand so I could be like Link. By the time I got to high school I was playing tennis left-handed because it felt more natural. I learned to throw left-handed and even recently have been able to write pretty decently left-handed. The list goes on but I'm sure you're already bored.

tl;dr: Young Koby wanted to be Link. Now Koby is Link.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Edit: Actually that reminds me. Am I the only one who would have totally embraced using my left hand for the motion controls of the sword in the wii version of TP and in Skyward Sword? I'm (generally) right handed, so it would have felt slightly weird at first, but I honestly would have risen to the challenge. Even if I was given the choice between left and right handed, I would have picked left handed.
I would of still held it in my right hand if he was still a lefty in that game. The visuals wouldn't match up perfectly, but it'd be far, far from unplayable.

Heck, I've actually played that game with my left hand before just for the extra challenge one time, even though I eventually got frustrated with that and gave up.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Funny story about that actually. I think Link is the actual reason for my cross-handedness. When I was really little (~5?) I came to realize Link was left-handed. In an attempt to be just like my hero I started doing all manner of things left-handed: eating and brushing mostly. Anytime my friends and I fought with sticks I used my left hand so I could be like Link. By the time I got to high school I was playing tennis left-handed because it felt more natural. I learned to throw left-handed and even recently have been able to write pretty decently left-handed. The list goes on but I'm sure you're already bored.
Ah cross-dominance? That's a rare trait, I myself am ambidextrous, so both hands fly the same plane for me.
My friends used to think I copied their homework back in grade school since I'd always be done first, little did they know I was able to write two pages at once!

And as far as all the newcomers are concerned, If you don't need any R&R here:

We'll be fine.

EDIT: Lol, that shows how much I lurk... Most of the people from 2014 have more posts than me.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Have any of your ever walked around your house blind-folded? It's just great. I did it once after seeing Blind Fury, and it opened (or, you know, closed) a whole world for me.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Have any of your ever walked around your house blind-folded? It's just great. I did it once after seeing Blind Fury, and it opened (or, you know, closed) a whole world for me.
I did that once. My relationship with the stairs went from friendly to horrible/kinky. I still remember the taste: oak.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Ah cross-dominance? That's a rare trait, I myself am ambidextrous, so both hands fly the same plane for me.
My friends used to think I copied their homework back in grade school since I'd always be done first, little did they know I was able to write two pages at once!

And as far as all the newcomers are concerned, If you don't need any R&R here:

We'll be fine.

EDIT: Lol, that shows how much I lurk... Most of the people from 2014 have more posts than me.
I've been here since '08....so I feel you on that one.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
What if...Link could jump off of cliffs/ledges with his dash attack Like in traditional 3D Zelda games? That would lead to some insane suicide kills...and some hilarious SDs. Also, I heard Robin has a slower running speed than Ganon. Lol. Long time no see guys. Hope you didn't miss me (inb4 you didn't).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What if...Link could jump off of cliffs/ledges with his dash attack Like in traditional 3D Zelda games? That would lead to some insane suicide kills...and some hilarious SDs. Also, I heard Robin has a slower running speed than Ganon. Lol. Long time no see guys. Hope you didn't miss me (inb4 you didn't).
I didn't realize you were gone until now. Welcome back!

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I didn't realize you were gone until now. Welcome back!
Well I don't quite have as much time to type up posts as I did a while back, but you'd still see me lurking every now and then. My access to the Internet is very limited, and I have no access to wifi (insert "please understand" here).

Serac

Smash Cadet
I don´t know why but seems like Ness is becoming increasingly popular lately, I have been facing Ness all day getting gimped with PK Thunder and being charred by consecutive PK Fires once the first one hits. I had fun though and learned that grounded Spin attack and Dair>Ness Missile.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Here's a decent match I had with some Sheik player I met online. I got to perform a few really cool things here (dat roll read tho), and feel free to critic and analyze my gameplay.

Edit: I realize that I missed a few punishes & conversions here and there though.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
So it turns out that the weird footstool bomb conversion in my video is something completely new and performed mostly by accident (skip to around 1:09). Let me explain: Apparently, Link's bomb had bounced off of Antoine's shield, and soon after bounced off of the ground. At this time, while the bomb was still airborne, I footstooled Sheik while jumping back. The slight push from the footstool was enough to get Shiek to hit my bomb and allowed me to follow up with a Nair. This also means that as long as Link's bombs are in midair, they are still able to hit someone. Even after bouncing off of the ground. Any thoughts on this mechanic? This could be particularly useful with meteor bombs. Maybe. I'm unsure whether or not it was already known about. If so, that combo I performed was still pretty sick lol.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
You keep making us all proud Huggles. I hope to play you online some day.
You mean offline? :awesome: Although we can definitely do some online friendlies again some day.
Congratz man. WHo did the other guy in grand finals main?
Didn't lose a single match except against the guy who won. He went Diddy :/

We made 5th of 8 in doubles. My brother (who got 9th in singles) accidentally SD'd twice in one round, and I made an epic comeback down 1 stock to 4 to take the game :awesome:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
You mean offline? :awesome: Although we can definitely do some online friendlies again some day.

Didn't lose a single match except against the guy who won. He went Diddy :/

We made 5th of 8 in doubles. My brother (who got 9th in singles) accidentally SD'd twice in one round, and I made an epic comeback down 1 stock to 4 to take the game :awesome:
So how exactly is the Diddy MU to you? I'm asking because I, oddly enough, haven't fought any good Diddy players yet. Congrats on your placing in the tournament btw. Are there any vids of you kicking ass that I can check out? :p

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
So it turns out that the weird footstool bomb conversion in my video is something completely new and performed mostly by accident (skip to around 1:09). Let me explain: Apparently, Link's bomb had bounced off of Antoine's shield, and soon after bounced off of the ground. At this time, while the bomb was still airborne, I footstooled Sheik while jumping back. The slight push from the footstool was enough to get Shiek to hit my bomb and allowed me to follow up with a Nair. This also means that as long as Link's bombs are in midair, they are still able to hit someone. Even after bouncing off of the ground. Any thoughts on this mechanic? This could be particularly useful with meteor bombs. Maybe. I'm unsure whether or not it was already known about. If so, that combo I performed was still pretty sick lol.
Yeah this is what I've always described as the bomb being 'active'. If a bomb is 'active' it means it will detect hurtboxes and activate its hurtbox explosion 1 frame later, and bombs remain active while bouncing. This is also (one of the reasons) why soft throws are so good because it means the bomb is detecting hurboxes for longer because the bomb remains active while it is bouncing along the ground before it comes to its complete rest.

Edit: many edits for the sake of being precise ^

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Yeah this is what I've always described as the bomb being 'active'. If a bomb is 'active' it means it will detect hurtboxes and activate its hurtbox explosion 1 frame later, and bombs remain active while bouncing. This is also (one of the reasons) why soft throws are so good because it means the bomb is detecting hurboxes for longer because the bomb remains active while it is bouncing along the ground before it comes to its complete rest.

Edit: many edits for the sake of being precise ^
Ah alright. So you're saying that the bomb is always active until it reaches a complete stop (or just starts to roll, I guess?). Definitely useful. And np, I edit my posts constantly lol. I actually didn't quite understand what was so big about soft throws until today. Dispite that, I still did it anyways because it was a way to throw bombs & plant them with no risk of them exploding, though I thought that was all it did. Seems like I didn't lurk the boards enough lol.

*Edit: So is it safe to assume that you're aware of being able to pivot soft throw out of a dash via shielding as well?

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm going to only play MW/WC North Mexico and South Central Canada people on wifi. Good wifi is fun but bad wifi keeps making me SD in ridiculous ways. Offstage+button lag= instant stock loss for Link. :facepalm:

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
I don´t know why but seems like Ness is becoming increasingly popular lately, I have been facing Ness all day getting gimped with PK Thunder and being charred by consecutive PK Fires once the first one hits. I had fun though and learned that grounded Spin attack and Dair>Ness Missile.
Online you're gonna run into more Nesses because of the current conquest. Upsmash also eats the missile. Killed with that earlier.

Also I'll be doing a local tourney with an Evo doubles ranked Ness tomorrow. Not nearly at her level yet but I've been working on anti-Ness strats in my head all day. Link's in the advantage against Ness imho.
I love soft throwing against sonic or any fast character. But mainly Sonic. It makes it too easy to neutralize two of his specials and also cut out his speed. Most people don't know that a moving bomb is essentially a mine and I try to use that to my advantage as much as possible.

I've also noticed that a ground-ridden bomb can't blow up a soft thown bomb even when they're adjacent. I assume that's common knowledge but It's still super useful for traps.

Also, are the other ways to soft throw aside from setting c stick to attack and throwing backwards using said c stick? Trying to read all these techs but I can only practice so many at a time.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Ah alright. So you're saying that the bomb is always active until it reaches a complete stop (or just starts to roll, I guess?). Definitely useful. And np, I edit my posts constantly lol. I actually didn't quite understand what was so big about soft throws until today. Dispite that, I still did it anyways because it was a way to throw bombs & plant them with no risk of them exploding, though I thought that was all it did. Seems like I didn't lurk the boards enough lol.

*Edit: So is it safe to assume that you're aware of being able to pivot soft throw out of a dash via shielding as well?
It has to reach a complete stop. Once the bomb is stationary (inactive) it will no longer detect hurtboxes, even if you make it move again by pushing it off a platform with your character model or pushing it with a windbox etc. The bomb can also become inactive momentarily if it is hit by something not powerful enough to make it explode, it's like the bomb can go through hitlag and hitsun. As for bombs hitting shields... that's a bit more complicated. In fact it's really complicated, for no apparent reason. This is one time that I'm happy people don't bother reading through my long posts XD, because what comes next isn't very good news for us. When a bomb hits a shield, the bomb doesn't become inactive perse, or even necessarilly as I'll explain further on, but in general, yeah, it becomes completely inactive for the duration. The bomb will always be able to hit other opponent's hurtboxes once it bounces of someone else's shield, but it actually becomes 'inactive' for the person who shielded it, with one exception which I'll go into in a second. This means that in most situations, if your opponent shields the bomb, they can have it inside their character model after it has bounced upwards off their shield, as it is coming back down, and all the time while it is bouncing on the ground. So don't throw the bomb at people's shields unless the fuse has been cooking for a bit if they are aware of this, as it basically means, hey, here's a bomb, you can either ignore it or feel free to throw it back at me. But then, what happened in the vid, right? The bomb was shielded, it bounced on the ground, and then it blew up when it came into contact with Sheik's hurtbox before the timed fuse was up, so how do I explain that? Well here's where it gets silly. If the opponent power-shields the bomb (not the bomb blast, but the bomb itself), the bomb will remain active against them. In other words, people get punished for power shielding because Sakurai said so. If you want to test it yourself, try it against an opponent who shields out of crouch and throw it down at them as this makes it easier to power-shield the bomb. This is one reason why Gay's bombs can actually be better because if his bombs are shielded with a normal shield, they will at least explode when they hit the ground. Link can make up for this though with his shorter fuses, so a lot of the time Link's bomb will work out better even if they are shielded normally because they will often explode before they even touch the ground.

I should probably post this in the metagame thread too now that I think of it. I don't think I've posted this information there before.

Edit: I'll answer the other questions later when I get time.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Ok then, where was I...
I'm not really sure what you're talking about. Unless what your talking about is running, hitting the joystick the other way to pivot, shielding, then throwing the bomb backwards (possibly OoS). But if that's the case, why would you do this over simply doing a Dash forward, pivot, cancel the turn-around animation with a Jump and then cancel the jump with a bomb throw back in the original direction of your run. The JC Throw version is basically instant, but the shield version requires you to wait for the turning around animation to end. -unless I'm mistaken in what you were talking about. In any case, regardless of what you were talking about, something tells me that a JC throw would work better than using shield.

Also, are the other ways to soft throw aside from setting c stick to attack and throwing backwards using said c stick? Trying to read all these techs but I can only practice so many at a time.
Someone should really make an AT thread. I've offered before, but other people said they'd do it, and besides, I made the offer back when I had more time.
Anyway, I've made a couple of posts on soft throw stuff in the metagame thread some time ago. I'll see if I can find them. This was a good post http://smashboards.com/threads/link...-techniques-here.379659/page-11#post-18513811. That's where I first told everyone about the running forwards method. And then there's the second point in this post http://smashboards.com/threads/link...-techniques-here.379659/page-13#post-18533989 which was in fact already known. This was all just after I started actually using the soft throw soon after converting to the a-stick method. I swear there was another one though... earlier on... here we go http://smashboards.com/threads/link...d-techniques-here.379659/page-4#post-18241500. Yeah since that last post, I've been converted to the a-stick way of life, so while my information is correct, I would now advise you to not use the joystick and 'a' method, and simply get yourself an a-stick.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Ok then, where was I...

I'm not really sure what you're talking about. Unless what your talking about is running, hitting the joystick the other way to pivot, shielding, then throwing the bomb backwards (possibly OoS). But if that's the case, why would you do this over simply doing a Dash forward, pivot, cancel the turn-around animation with a Jump and then cancel the jump with a bomb throw back in the original direction of your run. The JC Throw version is basically instant, but the shield version requires you to wait for the turning around animation to end. -unless I'm mistaken in what you were talking about. In any case, regardless of what you were talking about, something tells me that a JC throw would work better than using shield.

Someone should really make an AT thread. I've offered before, but other people said they'd do it, and besides, I made the offer back when I had more time.
Anyway, I've made a couple of posts on soft throw stuff in the metagame thread some time ago. I'll see if I can find them. This was a good post http://smashboards.com/threads/link...-techniques-here.379659/page-11#post-18513811. That's where I first told everyone about the running forwards method. And then there's the second point in this post http://smashboards.com/threads/link...-techniques-here.379659/page-13#post-18533989 which was in fact already known. This was all just after I started actually using the soft throw soon after converting to the a-stick method. I swear there was another one though... earlier on... here we go http://smashboards.com/threads/link...d-techniques-here.379659/page-4#post-18241500. Yeah since that last post, I've been converted to the a-stick way of life, so while my information is correct, I would now advise you to not use the joystick and 'a' method, and simply get yourself an a-stick.
Well actually it's more of an easier alternative to JC pivot toss for those that have the c-stick below the face buttons. Basically out of a dash with a bomb in hand, shield and then cancel the shield with a toss in the opposite direction with the c-stick. It can be just as quick as a JC back tossing, actually. To the point where your shield doesn't appear at all. You can always keep yourself in shield if anything happens as well.

I'll start to work on an AT thread now lol.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Well actually it's more of an easier alternative to JC pivot toss for those that have the c-stick below the face buttons. Basically out of a dash with a bomb in hand, shield and then cancel the shield with a toss in the opposite direction with the c-stick. It can be just as quick as a JC back tossing, actually. To the point where your shield doesn't appear at all. You can always keep yourself in shield if anything happens as well.

I'll start to work on an AT thread now lol.
I see what you're saying now. I have my z set to jump so JC-throwing with the a-stick is a non-issue. (I'm not about to tell people what to do with their controls, but having a shoulder button assigned to jump is arguably the optimal thing to do when you think about it - just as a general thing, not just in this instance.) It does come out quite quickly I agree. The only thing with this shielding variation is that you can't shield during a 'Dash', you can only shield directly out of a 'Run'. Luckily you can throw the bomb backwards directly out of the initial part of the Dash, but this still leaves a small gap following the initial part of the dash and just before the end of the full dash distance in which you cannot throw it backwards using either of these techniques and in which only a JC throw will work. That combined with the fact that using a JC throw allows for seamless soft throws in the same direction as your dash/run, makes me still want to advise that people find a way to get the JC throws with the a-stick to work for them.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Whoa, I have been away a few days, what have I missed?

@ The Merc The Merc elessar is just salty from losing to a gay in for glory. She may even bemad cause she hates cool people.

Yeah, I don't think that's the reason.

Is this still the thread where we introduce ourselves or am I just not seeing many introductions because there aren't that many Link mains? I'm just gonna do what the Navi thread told me to do and introduce myself.

Hey all. Been a casual Link since Smash 64, but I came across a weekly Smash meet-up by chance 3 weeks ago and have been really improving my gameplay in Smash 4 - I'm already finding myself beating the people I had previously found unbeatable. The people there are super helpful and friendly so naturally they all led me to SmashBoards. After a week of lurking, and after noticing that there are people who share my resentment towards Gay, I finally decided to make an account.

Before any of you comment on my all caps tag, shhh. It's only because Dukel looks like Duke(capital i), and DukeL looks (and sounds) super idiotic that it is this way. I probably hate it more than you do.
Welcome, Welcome!

I am Unknown Hero, formally know to some here as Kid (ask @ Elessar Elessar why if you want to know) I used to main gay but after a recent events I have discovered that Gay kind of sucks and that Young Link should come back instead.

Again, Welcome :)

I do apologise for the recent infestation of kids; just try to ignore them.
I really hope you are not talking about me Foxy :(.

Stay out of Shin's shed, avoid falling into the cucoo pit, and don't stab Lozjam - he's a harmless reincarnation of Ganondorf that we have befriended.
I've been in Shin's shed, wasn't much to say about it, unless it was a fake.

That one is an obvious tip.

Well, if we can't stab @ Lozjam Lozjam

*Pokes Logjam with a stick*
myu613K.gif

If only they made Legend of Zelda like Game of Thrones; then we wouldn't be having kids coming in here.....though instead of naivly unaware 13 year olds, we would have overly-horny 13-year olds so maybe that might actually be worse. We would also get a new Zelda game every 10 years if Martin was to create them. Also, Link and Zelda would obviously be Lannisters and be getting it on in every dungeon they go into.
Nooooo.......

I haven't watched Game of Thrones and can't. That would just sadden me if this happened :(

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Whoa, I have been away a few days, what have I missed?

Well, if we can't stab @ Lozjam Lozjam

*Pokes Lozjam with a stick*
View attachment 44793

Don't push it Kid!
Ganondorf is very upset over the lack of information of Zelda Wii U!
It would be a shame if Aonuma found your carcass over his window, with a note demanding for information...
BAHAHAHAHAHA!
But seriously.... We as the Zelda community need to demand for information and we need to make that vocal! We deserve the information as we have waited so long, and Aonuma needs to show us why we need to be patient!
Myself and Ganondorf will volunteer to lead the charge... So WHO IS WITH ME?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will even right a well worded letter to Mr. Aonuma. He needs to learn that withholding information is not ok! And that delaying a game stating a reason as vague as "Implementing new ideas" when we do not know anything about the game itself! We deserve information!

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
I don't know. While I'm disappointed that the game is being postponed, that also means the end result will be better.

They have a chance to make the best Zelda since OoT - a game celebrated by critics everywhere that really shows that Nintendo is still capable of incredible things. If postponing the game a few more months makes it even better I really only see one downside - a Zelda game I have to wait for a little longer. This is open world Zelda. I'm calling it Skyrim Zelda, simply because of how huge this world is. Let them perfect it. Let it be the best thing anyone has ever played. That is the legacy of Zelda. And that is why I can wait.

Edit: Personally I'm completely cool with secrecy. They've given me all the information that I need to know. I don't want to know anything about the story until the game starts - something akin to playing OoT all over again. Maybe include a little information about gameplay at e3, but really, the little they've shown is enough to know what they're capable of. Bombs influence the terrain? Epona doesn't run into trees? JUMPING OFF EPONA TO SHOOT YOUR BOW?? Seriously they can keep the rest of their secrets. I'm more excited for this game than I was for Skyward Sword because of these three things only. They don't need to tell us any more because we're going to buy the game anyway. It's going to be incredible.

I am Unknown Hero, formally know to some here as Kid (ask @ Elessar Elessar why if you want to know) I used to main gay but after a recent events I have discovered that Gay kind of sucks and that Young Link should come back instead.
I'm sure you've already been sufficiently punished for attempting to main Gay but I want you to know I think your habits are disgusting. Gay has always sucked. It was unfortunate how powerful he was in Brawl, but he has always sucked as a character.

Good to see you've changed your ways.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I don't know. While I'm disappointed that the game is being postponed, that also means the end result will be better.

They have a chance to make the best Zelda since OoT - a game celebrated by critics everywhere that really shows that Nintendo is still capable of incredible things. If postponing the game a few more months makes it even better I really only see one downside - a Zelda game I have to wait for a little longer. This is open world Zelda. I'm calling it Skyrim Zelda, simply because of how huge this world is. Let them perfect it. Let it be the best thing anyone has ever played. That is the legacy of Zelda. And that is why I can wait.

Edit: Personally I'm completely cool with secrecy. They've given me all the information that I need to know. I don't want to know anything about the story until the game starts - something akin to playing OoT all over again. Maybe include a little information about gameplay at e3, but really, the little they've shown is enough to know what they're capable of. Bombs influence the terrain? Epona doesn't run into trees? JUMPING OFF EPONA TO SHOOT YOUR BOW?? Seriously they can keep the rest of their secrets. I'm more excited for this game than I was for Skyward Sword because of these three things only. They don't need to tell us any more because we're going to buy the game anyway. It's going to be incredible.
Ah.... I notice your tunic is void of sand from the searing desert winds... Perhaps I should fix that some day.

I have said this earlier, in other threads and such, but I am not disappointing with the delay itself. But let this known. Aonuma has not shown us why this game is "The Ultimate Zelda Game", and let it be known that people said the exact same thing you said, "Let them perfect it. Let it be the best thing anyone has ever played. That is the legacy of Zelda. And that is why I can wait.", during Twilight Princess's delay and speculation period. We all know of how that turned out.... So really, be weary of hype. Aonuma also said the same thing with the delay of Skyward Sword. Both titles were a disappointment for certain fans because of overhyping.

The fact of the matter is, I do not trust Aonuma right now. It could very well be he is twisting this delay, into what is just development troubles. Aonuma has not shown us any proof, nor any consolation for what he has said. He could very well be "overhyping" the game. The fact that they aren't showing Zelda Wii U at E3 is a huge, and major concern. Furthermore, it is not confirmed that bombs influence the terrain. Also, with all of the new "ideas" Aonuma is implementing, we do not even know if Epona's AI, and of the vaulting mechanic will be in the game. This is what happens when you keep fans in the dark. That is exactly why the internet is in a flurry right now. Furthermore, there is a ton to be concerned about in this specific game as well. Mainly, we don't know how dungeons work, we don't know if there is a fleshed out story(This is one of the biggest complaints of ALBW), we don't know if sidequests will be meaningful, and perhaps biggest of all, we do not know whether Zelda Wii U's world will be full. The world could potentially be empty, like TP(The biggest criticism of that specific game). All of these question have yet to be answered, and it has made much unrest within the community. The Zelda team has not given us a reason to be patient, and they need to do so now.

Top Bottom