• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@Mocha I know right? Condensed milk is all you need to turn a bland old coffee into a drop of heaven. I'm craving one now just from imagining the texture, dammit.

You guys know what I miss? The old boards, specially the smart 13 year old posters, like @Onomanic or @Volcanic Doomfire back in the day. Best 13 year old posters we ever had. No body even knew Blu was 13, and nobody believed him when he said it so. Dammit Blu, you made me all nostalgic now. The current generation is a true testament of the decadence of society. either that or I'm getting really old. Could be both...meh.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
@ link7 link7 Congrats for getting through finals. Sorry about your dog.
Thanks. About 30 mins. ago, I found out that I was kicked off all the class rosters that I had been signed up for. I'm now without a class schedule for the spring semester.
Again, spring break is really sucking.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
*shrugs*
Well I wouldn't know, never had coffee before. Though I have had some good chocolate milkshakes.
What kind of society do we live in?
Coffee is best thing you are ever going to have(well... If you don't count Alcohol... But even then, I can't have alcohol yet(stupid American drinking ages...)).
If it's any consolation to you, the delay of Zelda U bummed me out too. There is nothing to look forward to this year anymore ;_;

Do not fear, fellow Triforce bearer, the darkness will tempt you once more in time. And I shall remove it again in time.
this delay has filled me with such worry for the game.... The lack of information is literally killing all of the hype I have for Zelda Wii U..... Perhaps it is because of these conflicting emotions that my Ganondorf hasn't been connecting with me.... I guess I will have to keep trying.....
As for other games....
The only game I am truly hyped for is Xenoblade X.....
I have a pretty big interest in Splatoon, but it in no means can even compare to Zelda Wii U.....
Sigh....,
With that, I think I am going to steal my girlfriend and head to Starbucks for some Salted Caramel decaf mochas.... It's chilly out today... And I could use just the tiny bit of caffeine that comes with decaf coffee....

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Coffee is best thing you are ever going to have
I strongly disagree with this statement. The only way I can drink coffee is if it's flavored, and the cup is half cream, half coffee, which is terribly unhealthy for people.
However, alcohol is pretty amazing.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I strongly disagree with this statement. The only way I can drink coffee is if it's flavored, and the cup is half cream, half coffee, which is terribly unhealthy for people.
However, alcohol is pretty amazing.
I cannot stand black coffee.
But coffee in things such as Mochas, Frappachinos, ect. Are amazing. In my house, I actually have hazelnut coffee beans(I got them from Sam's Club btw. $10 for about 2 months worth of delicious coffee, it is totally worth it) in which it is absolutely amazing.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
What kind of society do we live in?
Coffee is best thing you are ever going to have(well... If you don't count Alcohol... But even then, I can't have alcohol yet(stupid American drinking ages...)).
What do you mean? Milkshakes are AWESOME XD. Anyway, I really do know about coffee being the best thing ever, as I don't understand andI can't drink alcohol either but even when I reach the legal drinking age , I really don't see myself drink it that often. Also, why are the drink ages stupid?

this delay has filled me with such worry for the game.... The lack of information is literally killing all of the hype I have for Zelda Wii U..... Perhaps it is because of these conflicting emotions that my Ganondorf hasn't been connecting with me.... I guess I will have to keep trying.....
As for other games....
The only game I am truly hyped for is Xenoblade X.....
I have a pretty big interest in Splatoon, but it in no means can even compare to Zelda Wii U.....
Sigh....,
With that, I think I am going to steal my girlfriend and head to Starbucks for some Salted Caramel decaf mochas.... It's chilly out today... And I could use just the tiny bit of caffeine that comes with decaf coffee....
I actually just had a though. What if they are holding back all this information so that when they do release basically 3 days before the game is release, the hype meter will be beyond broken?

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
I myself abstain from alchohol despite being of legal age for reasons of pathological hatred and resentment.
I do appreciate a nice cup a' joe every once in a while, but admittedly my taste in coffee is more resonant with one Princess Zelda than any hardy green-clad adventurer, so Iced Caramel Macchiato for me please.

Not much of a tea drinker either, but I do regularly purchase a specific brand of coating tea for Vocal performance reasons. My favorite if I had to decide would likely be Earl Grey tea for the citrus flavor.

I'm much more a fruit juice/soda person myself:
1. Cream Soda
2. Strawberry Flavor
3. Apple Flavor
4. Orange Flavor
5. Grape Flavor

What do you mean? Milkshakes are AWESOME XD. Anyway, I really do know about coffee being the best thing ever, as I don't understand andI can't drink alcohol either but even when I reach the legal drinking age , I really don't see myself drink it that often. Also, why are the drink ages stupid?
I do not wish to put words in the mouth of brother Lozjam, but many are of the opinion that a person that is age qualified to vote, serve in the military, and various other duties like paying taxes (where applicable) and serving as a member of Jury in a court of law, should be allowed to consume alcoholic substances under the context that they are adequately responsible. In a practical perspective, the age restriction has been proven irrelevant due to he misconduct of far too many people (above legal age), and that the age limit should only serve to bar the exceptionally youthful from the harm that alcohol causes a developing body.

I personally would see the substance along with many other illicit things erased from existence altogether, but with that admission I am fully aware of how delusional that desire is, and the frightful oppression of free-will it comes off as.

I am veering towards the verbose here, so TL;DR
I like coffee, some teas, most sodas, and hate alcohol...

In other news, I am Co-maining Zelda in this game due to her being exceptionally fun to play. I'll stay all Link in tourney, but will practice them with the same fervency. (so pretty moderately TBH)

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I usually drink my coffee black. I used to hate i that way but was forced to enjoy it at work as they only had black coffee. I am actually drinking it now. I am in my 3rd cup. I love whiskey, scotch, and bourbon and usually drink it neat. Tequila and Gin is good as well but I will usually forgo that for whiskey-related drinks. **** ice cubes; watering down my precious alcohol. I dislike cocktails save for pina coldad-whateverthehellyouspellit and mojitos though only in Summer.

I just love drinking in general and usually have some sort of drink near me - whether it being water, juice, coffee, or spirits. Though, that can get me in trouble as I have drunken waaaay too much coffee on more than one occasion and the same with alcohol. That's more frequent though.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I do not wish to put words in the mouth of brother Lozjam, but many are of the opinion that a person that is age qualified to vote, serve in the military, and various other duties like paying taxes (where applicable) and serving as a member of Jury in a court of law, should be allowed to consume alcoholic substances under the context that they are adequately responsible. In a practical perspective, the age restriction has been proven irrelevant due to he misconduct of far too many people (above legal age), and that the age limit should only serve to bar the exceptionally youthful from the harm that alcohol causes a developing body.

I personally would see the substance along with many other illicit things erased from existence altogether, but with that admission I am fully aware of how delusional that desire is, and the frightful oppression of free-will it comes off as.

In other news, I am Co-maining Zelda in this game due to her being exceptionally fun to play. I'll stay all Link in tourney, but will practice them with the same fervency. (so pretty moderately TBH)
Ah, i see. I do am sort of against alcohol and while I don't think it should be banded, (though the illicit drugs should be) I do think the rules on alcohol need to be more strict.

But until such a time that I can drink beer, I think in the mean time, I will stick with Milkshakes.

I notice a lot of people on this thread like coffee. I me a lot.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I usually drink my coffee black. I used to hate i that way but was forced to enjoy it at work as they only had black coffee. I am actually drinking it now. I am in my 3rd cup. I love whiskey, scotch, and bourbon and usually drink it neat. Tequila and Gin is good as well but I will usually forgo that for whiskey-related drinks. **** ice cubes; watering down my precious alcohol. I dislike cocktails save for pina coldad-whateverthehellyouspellit and mojitos though only in Summer.

I just love drinking in general and usually have some sort of drink near me - whether it being water, juice, coffee, or spirits. Though, that can get me in trouble as I have drunken waaaay too much coffee on more than one occasion and the same with alcohol. That's more frequent though.
I mostly drink just water, very rarely freshly homemade juice. I like drinking red wine and some beers (stouts, porters, and ales as I dislike pilsners and other non-black beers) and that's about it. I used to live tea, but ever since I switched to paleo I stopped drinking tea as well since I can't drink it without sugar.

I used to like coffee, but I have a love-hate relationship with anything that is addictive, so I kept my coffee intake to a min as to not become addicted. Worked out nice.

Ah, i see. I do am sort of against alcohol and while I don't think it should be banded, (though the illicit drugs should be) I do think the rules on alcohol need to be more strict.

But until such a time that I can drink beer, I think in the mean time, I will stick with Milkshakes.

I notice a lot of people on this thread like coffee. I me a lot.
Your opinions are bound to change kid. Just wait until you're done with puberty. Also stricter control on alcohol parked wonder during the prohibition. Wonder why they changed it instead of just continuing down that righteous path.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Stricter control usually comes with negative results. Much like what Elessar said, the prohibition really showed how bad it can be to place limits on things that may be deemed illegal. People began bootlegging alcohol, crime arose, and people made tons of money off something that was illegal. It's the same with the so-called "War on Drugs" which is ab absolute joke. Portugal decriminalized natural "drugs" a while back and drug abuse shot down to 50%. They also treat drug addicts as patients instead of criminals.

I doubt this could work in America though due to the drug culture. It took several years for Portugal to see those fruits come to bare but I feel America would be more worse for wear if drugs were decriminalized. It would take a good amount of time to get things back to normal and the first few years of decriminalizing would obviously result in crime and abuse shooting up but, in time, it would most likely drop back down again to below what it is now. The end results would have to justify those tumultuous first years.

The results do show that restricting products and making them illegal only supports and encourages abuse, grows criminal activity, and sets up a public stigma against it.

I will never understand why the drinking age is set as

Last edited:

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I mostly drink just water, very rarely freshly homemade juice. I like drinking red wine and some beers (stouts, porters, and ales as I dislike pilsners and other non-black beers) and that's about it. I used to live tea, but ever since I switched to paleo I stopped drinking tea as well since I can't drink it without sugar.

I used to like coffee, but I have a love-hate relationship with anything that is addictive, so I kept my coffee intake to a min as to not become addicted. Worked out nice.
I gave up on the caffeine addiction thing; I drink Diet Coke like it's going out of style. I like just a regular cup of coffee or tea every now and then with just a little milk and sugar. Zane, my favorite is probably also Earl Grey. I also really like cranberry juice.

Not a huge alcohol drinker, but I'm with you, Ele; love stouts and porters, also like a good ale, and also kinda like weissbiers (bit of a contrast there, I know, lol). I like a nice bit of whiskey too, or some scotch on the rocks.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Your opinions are bound to change kid. Just wait until you're done with puberty. Also stricter control on alcohol parked wonder during the prohibition. Wonder why they changed it instead of just continuing down that righteous path.
*shrugs*

I guess will just have to wait . Also, I don't understand what you are saying with this next part. What do you mean?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I will drink beer is if it is around. I used to be at a 2-3 drinks a night but I have cut down within the past year to one drink during the weekdays, and then whatever on the weekends.

*shrugs*

I guess will just have to wait . Also, I don't understand what you are saying with this next part. What do you mean?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibition_in_the_United_States

In 1920-1933, America prohibited the production, sale, and consuming of alcoholic beverages in an attempt to purify society. It proved to be more harmful in many ways.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I myself abstain from alchohol despite being of legal age for reasons of pathological hatred and resentment.
I do appreciate a nice cup a' joe every once in a while, but admittedly my taste in coffee is more resonant with one Princess Zelda than any hardy green-clad adventurer, so Iced Caramel Macchiato for me please.

Not much of a tea drinker either, but I do regularly purchase a specific brand of coating tea for Vocal performance reasons. My favorite if I had to decide would likely be Earl Grey tea for the citrus flavor.

1. Cream Soda
2. Strawberry Flavor
3. Apple Flavor
4. Orange Flavor
5. Grape Flavor

I believe that not enforcing alcoholic rules actually serve society as a whole better. We have seen pretty conclusive proof of this, as many European countries have less alcohol related problems because of more lax rules. This is because, in Europe, many countries drink alcohol, in moderation, in a social context. Italians, for example, have a nice glass of wine(one that fits the meal, of course) during their meals. America is very different because we are structured on Puritan ideals, in which it stood against things such as Alcohol, crime, and drugs... Which is exactly why America is filled with all of those things. Down within our American-fed brain we recall those that took advantage of that opportunity and saw massive profit, we see this men do horrible things in a Puritan point of view, such as drinking, and doing drugs, but they also saw these folks making mass profit. Those that drank within Europe were just considered normal people, but those that drank in a Puritan society were "sinners". This caused a massive split in which we see in today's context. Then, prohibition came. This literally made everyone want to drink, because taking away something that has been taken for granted was a horrible thing. This created the American stigma of which it was "cool" to drink alcohol, because it was against the law during prohibition. Once speakeasies arose, America as a whole drank large amounts of alcohol in one sitting due to the lack of availability of other places.(fun fact @ The Merc The Merc , this is when the milkshake started becoming popular, as many bars started to sell milkshakes in order to keep their businesses). So, then, prohibition falls, as alcohol is legal. Americans continue this streak of heavy drinking. Father teaches son, mother teaches daughter, ect. Then we have European countries who are still drinking in moderation. So fast forward to today, and our society is still paying these consequences. Don't believe me? Well, in 2013, the city of Chicago alone, had 5,000% more murders than the entire country of Britain. Now, I am not saying that all Americans have an innate drinking problem, nor am I saying these problems do not exist in other countries. I am merely showing the huge differences in ideology and of crime, and drinking.
So yes. I hope you learned something from Uncle 'Dorf young ones.
:4ganondorf:

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
My mother is a personal trainer so I've been eating whole foods and drink mostly water for most of my life...

Also, coffee stains your teeth and caffeine is bad for the body. Shame on you

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
got my wedding band in betches!

after some time I'm getting the $1000 all gold better engraved version

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
Throat Coat is the bomb for when you're sick - but i much prefer green tea pre-performance. That being said, my favorite tea to drink otherwise is blueberry. It's a perfect combination of both bitterness and sweetness.
1. Cream Soda
2. Strawberry Flavor
3. Apple Flavor
4. Orange Flavor
5. Grape Flavor
I quite simply do not understand the simpletons who do not enjoy cream soda.

Also @ ShinnyMetal ShinnyMetal - your wedding band is fantastic.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515

While I am a tad jelly, I also have the same ring on my right hand. It's not my wedding band though, I just have it because Tolkien.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
While I am a tad jelly, I also have the same ring on my right hand. It's not my wedding band though, I just have it because Tolkien.
Lol word up. It's always been my dream wedding wring. I could have gone with a more "traditional" band that was much MUCH comfier but screw that! ONE RING!

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Lol word up. It's always been my dream wedding wring. I could have gone with a more "traditional" band that was much MUCH comfier but screw that! ONE RING!
Meh, comfort is overrated. Besides, you'll grow used to it.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Not a huge fan of beer and ales, but I do enjoy the hard stuff. I also love fruity mixed drinks. I may come across as being Toon Link, but idc because I just spent $7 on an orgasm in my mouth. Don't even need a condom.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Not a huge fan of beer and ales, but I do enjoy the hard stuff. I also love fruity mixed drinks. I may come across as being Toon Link, but idc because I just spent $7 on an orgasm in my mouth. Don't even need a condom.
Technically speaking, you'd never need a condom for an organ in your mouth. If you think you do, then you school's sex ed has failed you.

@Mocha I know right? Condensed milk is all you need to turn a bland old coffee into a drop of heaven. I'm craving one now just from imagining the texture, dammit.

You guys know what I miss? The old boards, specially the smart 13 year old posters, like @Onomanic or @Volcanic Doomfire back in the day. Best 13 year old posters we ever had. No body even knew Blu was 13, and nobody believed him when he said it so. Dammit Blu, you made me all nostalgic now. The current generation is a true testament of the decadence of society. either that or I'm getting really old. Could be both...meh.
Ah, the previous generation of new blood had such thick skin. We put them all through such hell, and they came out the stronger for it.

Hardship builds character. Even if that hardship is just being introduced to Goatse.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Ah, the previous generation of new blood had such thick skin. We put them all through such hell, and they came out the stronger for it.

Hardship builds character. Even if that hardship is just being introduced to Goatse.

Ah Shin! You are back. Well, that's great. Well, I took care of your Shed when you were away. I even took the liberty of renovating the death chambers. I made it so that the death chambers collect your victim's blood, which in turn brings the blood to a cooling system to be used for the pool! I also left a little.., present for you in the master bedroom.... BAHAHAHA!

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Technically speaking, you'd never need a condom for an organ in your mouth. If you think you do, then you school's sex ed has failed you.
Sex ed taught me that it never hurts to be safe. These day's, brush a girls hand, and she becomes pregnant.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibition_in_the_United_States

In 1920-1933, America prohibited the production, sale, and consuming of alcoholic beverages in an attempt to purify society. It proved to be more harmful in many ways.
Oh, I see why I didn't get it. It was an American thing. Though I wonder why they banded all selling and consumption of alcoholic beverages. Though I can see why it didn't work. Another worked on paper but no in real life.
I believe that not enforcing alcoholic rules actually serve society as a whole better. We have seen pretty conclusive proof of this, as many European countries have less alcohol related problems because of more lax rules. This is because, in Europe, many countries drink alcohol, in moderation, in a social context. Italians, for example, have a nice glass of wine(one that fits the meal, of course) during their meals. America is very different because we are structured on Puritan ideals, in which it stood against things such as Alcohol, crime, and drugs... Which is exactly why America is filled with all of those things. Down within our American-fed brain we recall those that took advantage of that opportunity and saw massive profit, we see this men do horrible things in a Puritan point of view, such as drinking, and doing drugs, but they also saw these folks making mass profit. Those that drank within Europe were just considered normal people, but those that drank in a Puritan society were "sinners". This caused a massive split in which we see in today's context. Then, prohibition came. This literally made everyone want to drink, because taking away something that has been taken for granted was a horrible thing. This created the American stigma of which it was "cool" to drink alcohol, because it was against the law during prohibition. Once speakeasies arose, America as a whole drank large amounts of alcohol in one sitting due to the lack of availability of other places.(fun fact @ The Merc The Merc , this is when the milkshake started becoming popular, as many bars started to sell milkshakes in order to keep their businesses). So, then, prohibition falls, as alcohol is legal. Americans continue this streak of heavy drinking. Father teaches son, mother teaches daughter, ect. Then we have European countries who are still drinking in moderation. So fast forward to today, and our society is still paying these consequences. Don't believe me? Well, in 2013, the city of Chicago alone, had 5,000% more murders than the entire country of Britain. Now, I am not saying that all Americans have an innate drinking problem, nor am I saying these problems do not exist in other countries. I am merely showing the huge differences in ideology and of crime, and drinking.
So yes. I hope you learned something from Uncle 'Dorf young ones.
:4ganondorf:
Whoa, that is actually really fascinating. I never knew that, particularly that milkshake part. While I am not 100%, Alcohol is an important part in Australia society and it to has cause major troubles such as violence and other problems.

Looks like I learnt something from Uncle 'Dorf after all. Who would have thunk it.

Hey Shin! How yeah been?

Remember me?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Speaking of Tolkien. Does anyone else adore Shadow of Mordor? I freaking do.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ugh, I'm feeling mentally fatigued atm. It's hard taking care of people who are in pain and listening to how painful and tiring simple tasks like taking a shower are. :(

Wow lot of thread activity.
For serious drugs I can see them being illegal but trying to make alcohol illegal was stupid and I support the legalization of a certain drug (IDK if I can say it) that Colorado made legal and right wingers are freaking out about for no good reason. All the hysteria is fabricated. :facepalm:

@ Shiny Metal you're engaged? Congrats :)

Depressants and Rizen don't mix gracefully so I don't drink. I stay away from caffeine because chronic insomnia too. I'm a big water drinker and trying to get in shape.

LotR is awesome, never played the game though.

Hi Shin, wb.

Sorry if I missed anyone.

edit, I got some good wifi games in. That made me happy :)

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

OH MY GAWDS! I LOVE IT XD. I am a huge fan of the LOTR series. I want the One Ring now XD.

Though quick question. By wedding band do you mean wedding ring?

Speaking of Tolkien. Does anyone else adore Shadow of Mordor? I freaking do.
Uh, I don't know that game, sorry :(.

Ugh, I'm feeling mentally fatigued atm. It's hard taking care of people who are in pain and listening to how painful and tiring simple tasks like taking a shower are. :(

Wow lot of thread activity.
For serious drugs I can see them being illegal but trying to make alcohol illegal was stupid and I support the legalization of a certain drug (IDK if I can say it) that Colorado made legal and right wingers are freaking out about for no good reason. All the hysteria is fabricated. :facepalm:
Oh, my I ask why?

Also, while I do support the legalisation of drugs for medical purposes, I just don't support the legalisation of dangerous drugs just so people can take them. It's not right.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I have played Shadow's of Mordor. It was a great game but it got really repetitive towards the end.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I played some good wifi singles and Dubs. It was nice because the last person I played Dubs against got really salty about losing :facepalm:. It's nice to have free time when I'm not tired or stressed. :)
I'm trying to be more aggressive and less passive with bombs. Shield less and roll more, basically not play like Brawl.

I'm really enjoying Markiplier's let's play of Hektor. That's an awesome horror game that keeps me wanting more :awesome:

Top Bottom