• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Oh, Lawz, remember those fine days?
With you, and Deva, Kirinblaze?
Now two giants have long passed:
Forgetting all about the past.

What need you, being come to sense,
But reach cheap victory 'till
You win a few more cents;
And down B to shivering down B, until
You have bounced Sheiks marrow from the bone;
For men were born to win and save:
Romantic Hyrule’s dead and gone,
It’s with Lawz Link in the grave.

Yet they were of a different kind,
The names that stilled our childish play,
They have gone about the world like wind,
Never again to banish gay,
For whom the hangman’s rope was spun,
And what, Link help us, could they save?

Was it for this the wild Legan spread
His grey sword on every Snake,
For this that all that blood was shed,
For this poor Deva got the stake;
And KirinBlaze and ScizorLink?
All that delirium of the brave?

Yet could we turn the years again,
And call those exiles as they were
In all their loneliness and pain,
You’d cry, ‘Some Toon Link’s yellow hair
Has maddened every true Link’s son’:
They weighed so lightly what they gave.
But let them be, they’re dead and gone,
They’re with Lawz Link in the grave.

Last edited:

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Yeah but I knew he was trolling. I could tell. He was serious about Sheik though (so far).

@ Lawz. Lawz. When can we wifi? I'll put on such a sad display with Link that you'll be forced to main him again to erase the memories of him being beaten so pathetically.
Tonight or tomorrow I could

Also @ link7 link7 isn't Link like....really good in PM?

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I hath been summoned!

@ The Merc The Merc is that a Markiplier Warfstache on your avatar?
Yes, yes it is
pink-mustache-hi scaled down.png

I've decided to main Sonic cuz he's too fast. So if you need me I'll be more than happy to spring you guys offstage in an eloquent manner.

:4sonic:
I wish I could easily decide who main along side :4robinm:.

At the moment, it's between (in order of mot likely); :4littlemac:, :4pit:, :4sonic:, :4falcon: or :4link:.

hmmm.........

I freaking love Dragon Quest
I have only played number 9 and I loved the hell out of it XD! And I am still yet to 100% all the quests.

Lawz isn't actually maining Sonic...

Or Link.

:093:
So :4pikachu: then?

:p.

Also Camalange, I just notice you main :4robinf:. Nice choice :). I would like to hear you thoughts about her.

Don't tell me he's still playing Sheik..?
I hate :4sheik:. She is cheap as **** and her combos are so annoying. I HATE HER!

*goes and plays as Sheik*

I heard PM Toon Link is broken.

:troll:

I hate PM Toon Link

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I hath been summoned!
Yes, yes it is View attachment 44144.
I can't see that^.
I watched Mark's LP of Fatal Frame 2. TBH the game disappointed me but it probably hasn't aged well. It had great atmosphere and premise. The issues holding it back were lack of urgency, little threat and how the main enemies weren't scary after you get used to them. The ghosts just looked like people and the only 2 I found creepy were the laughing woman and broken neck woman.

I watched his first video on Hektor (no spoilers please) and that game looks like an amazing horror game. It's like an Amnesia/Vanish cross.

Monstrum was a very well made game too that impressed me.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I can't see that^.
I watched Mark's LP of Fatal Frame 2. TBH the game disappointed me but it probably hasn't aged well. It had great atmosphere and premise. The issues holding it back were lack of urgency, little threat and how the main enemies weren't scary after you get used to them. The ghosts just looked like people and the only 2 I found creepy were the laughing woman and broken neck woman.

I watched his first video on Hektor (no spoilers please) and that game looks like an amazing horror game. It's like an Amnesia/Vanish cross.

Monstrum was a very well made game too that impressed me.
Fixed.

I haven't actually being watching a lot of Mark cause unfortunately, after me watch some of his FNAF vids, it had a very negative effect on my life, particular my sleep.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
@LAWZ I understand if you want to play someone else I understand i tried to switch My Link with fox and pit and even C.Falcon and shiek to boost my chance of winning in a tournament. But none of those people No matter how strong or fast no one Connected with me Like Link did. I learned that the hard way when I fought a guy who mopped the floor with me with Robin vs my fox and when i switch to link I beat him 12 to 6 wins. Also YOU SAID YOU WOULD ADD ME SO WE CAN BATTLE WHERE YOU AT!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Also Camalange, I just notice you main :4robinf:. Nice choice :). I would like to hear you thoughts about her.
She's okay.

Robin is like, a solid mid tier character imo. At least for now, certain match-ups are just really difficult for her. Her ground speed being the slowest, even slower than Puff or Ganon (please understand), does her no favors. Limited use of her best projectiles isn't the worst as they come back and are manageable, but she just requires a lot of work, patience, and presence of mind and I'm not entirely sure if it's all worth it yet. Even whiffing a grab has more cooldown than it should... She's just... 2 slow.

Characters with strong mobility (basically all the top tiers) give her trouble because her options are so forecasted.

I really think she's interesting and unique for sure, but I mostly just play her for fun now. I think there's too much that holds her back from ever catching up with the better half of the cast. However, I've seen impressive Robin play from people like Nairo, Trela, etc. Sometimes it makes me want to dig deeper but then I just go back to playing as Sonic.

I'd say my Pit and even my Villager are probably better than my Robin anymore... I mostly keep the icon there for the good looks. I'm about that silver hair twintails life.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
She's okay.

Robin is like, a solid mid tier character imo. At least for now, certain match-ups are just really difficult for her. Her ground speed being the slowest, even slower than Puff or Ganon (please understand), does her no favors. Limited use of her best projectiles isn't the worst as they come back and are manageable, but she just requires a lot of work, patience, and presence of mind and I'm not entirely sure if it's all worth it yet. Even whiffing a grab has more cooldown than it should... She's just... 2 slow.

Characters with strong mobility (basically all the top tiers) give her trouble because her options are so forecasted.

I really think she's interesting and unique for sure, but I mostly just play her for fun now. I think there's too much that holds her back from ever catching up with the better half of the cast. However, I've seen impressive Robin play from people like Nairo, Trela, etc. Sometimes it makes me want to dig deeper but then I just go back to playing as Sonic.

I'd say my Pit and even my Villager are probably better than my Robin anymore... I mostly keep the icon there for the good looks. I'm about that silver hair twintails life.

Aw..... Really?! Robin seem very Top tier, even Broken to me :p. Nah, I do understand your points. I too do wish Robin was a tad bit faster, maybe Link speed or at best Dr Mario Speed. That would help a lot. I also wouldn't mind a better grab either. But I still love Robin. He just so great. Plus, I have a feeling that Sakuria design Robin the way he did so the player had to think about his next move, to stay 3 steps ahead! :4robinm: is a Tactician after all. ;)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Aw..... Really?! Robin seem very Top tier, even Broken to me :p. Nah, I do understand your points. I too do wish Robin was a tad bit faster, maybe Link speed or at best Dr Mario Speed. That would help a lot. I also wouldn't mind a better grab either. But I still love Robin. He just so great.
I also felt that she should be at least around Link in speed, considering they work on similar principles.
Plus, I have a feeling that Sakuria design Robin the way he did so the player had to think about his next move, to stay 3 steps ahead! :4robinm: is a Tactician after all. ;)
A Diddy that's 3 steps ahead of you is better.

I think Sakurai balanced Robin in the weirdest of ways. Some fun concepts, but sort of missed the mark and falls short. Again, I reiterate the ground speed. What kind of decision was that?

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
I also felt that she should be at least around Link in speed, considering they work on similar principles.

I think Sakurai balanced Robin in the weirdest of ways. Some fun concepts, but sort of missed the mark and falls short. Again, I reiterate the ground speed. What kind of decision was that?

I would really like to see Robin balanced more because they are really interesting conceptually at the moment.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Diddy only needs two steps: a Hoo and a Haw. :p

@ The Merc The Merc
I used to be more sensitive to scary stuff when I was younger too. 5 Nights at Freddy's was a very well thought out and unique premise. It shows some critical thinking can make up for not having a huge budget. Shovel Knight is another great example of that.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Well Marky Mark is in the hospital down while recovering from obstructed bowel surgery, so be sure to wish him a speedy Up-B, I mean recovery...

I also through my hat in to the mix of :4robinf::love:, as I not only thoroughly enjoy playing as, but even against exceptional Robin players. The fact that Robin is so technical and deliberate makes for a great chess match for Link, as Link is the better camper, but Robin is better in CQ. Probably my favorite matchup outside of :4diddy: kappa...

Nah, I enjoy fighting pretty much every character except :4luigi:.
GOD I hate :4luigi:

Jasudin

Smash Apprentice
In Your Alert Box, Increasing the Amount of Alerts
NNID
sushiramen8811
3DS FC
4768-7740-0434
Sadly he's never been high on tier lists, unless you count the fake one. Here are all the Melee tier lists created.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_SSBM_tier_lists_(NTSC)

Saus, a Link main from Canada, has been growing in the ranks however. He knocked Kage into losers bracket at a tourney, and placed 4th overall. I'm starting to take notes.
Well, on the first one, sort of... On the (real) sixth one, Link was top of Middle. But yeah, I guess.

Tonight or tomorrow I could

Yeah, Link is, like, top 10 in PM and is definitely around high or middle high tier.

Last edited:

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
@LAWZ I understand if you want to play someone else I understand i tried to switch My Link with fox and pit and even C.Falcon and shiek to boost my chance of winning in a tournament. But none of those people No matter how strong or fast no one Connected with me Like Link did. I learned that the hard way when I fought a guy who mopped the floor with me with Robin vs my fox and when i switch to link I beat him 12 to 6 wins. Also YOU SAID YOU WOULD ADD ME SO WE CAN BATTLE WHERE YOU AT!
You tagged the wrong person lololol also yeah I got busy and kind of forgot. Tomorrow though I'll add anyone that wants to play.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Maybe Sakuria choose Speed as Robin flaw? :p

Hm. I still think a tactician who is 3 steps ahead is more dangerous. Plus we have the most dangerous projectile of all.

A Book :4robinm:.

Mhe, I still love Robin the way he is :). Plus, Sakuria could always just patch the game and improve Robin's speed

"Aw, but Sakuria said no more patches"

Ya, I don't believe that for a second.
@ The Merc The Merc
I used to be more sensitive to scary stuff when I was younger too. 5 Nights at Freddy's was a very well thought out and unique premise. It shows some critical thinking can make up for not having a huge budget. Shovel Knight is another great example of that.
The thing is I played Slenderman at a few years ago and had no troubles. but as soon as I watch FNAF, I keep imaging that the animations just stand there, in a dark door way, just waiting.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
The same stupid decision that decided that all of diddy's aerials should autocancel.
Maybe Sakuria choose Speed as Robin flaw? :p
Give them the absolute worst speed to make up for their overpowered... What, exactly? Seems extreme. Robin has more flaws outside just that.
Hm. I still think a tactician who is 3 steps ahead is more dangerous. Plus we have the most dangerous projectile of all.

A Book :4robinm:.
Wrong.

:4diddy:

At high level play, all players are trying to be steps ahead of their opponent. Robin doesn't have anything that makes them particuarly more beneficial in that regard.
Mhe, I still love Robin the way he is :). Plus, Sakuria could always just patch the game and improve Robin's speed

"Aw, but Sakuria said no more patches"

Ya, I don't believe that for a second.
*Sakurai

I don't believe he's done with patches, but that's not something he'd patch.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
IDK why people think Slenderman is scary. I could beat him up.
And I could bash the crap out of Freddy Fazbear yet I am still find him scary as ****.

Give them the absolute worst speed to make up for their overpowered... What, exactly? Seems extreme. Robin has more flaws outside just that.

Wrong.

:4diddy:

At high level play, all players are trying to be steps ahead of their opponent. Robin doesn't have anything that makes them particuarly more beneficial in that regard.
Well, if half his moves didn't have such bad launch angles, he could KO at 60%, I swear. Also, he does have some good aerials and air movement.

Also, while I have only verse lv 9 cpu diodes and find him annoying, I don't see why people think his so OP.

*Sakurai

I don't believe he's done with patches, but that's not something he'd patch.

Meh. I mean, I could get all the Robin mains to send complain emails to Sakuria asking to change Robin's running speed. Or at least, ask why Robin has such bad Running speed and grab.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Also, while I have only verse lv 9 cpu diodes and find him annoying, I don't see why people think his so OP.
You just invalidated your own point.

Try competing against a top diode first hand and you'll see.

Last edited:

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Or find some tournament videos of super competent players of pretty much any other character get bodied by Diddy with half the effort. I personally don't hate the Diddy MU, but I get why people do hate it at the same time.

I'm a bit more used to unfair things after playing Marvel 2 for so long repping Gambit.

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Finally found Kid icarus uprising.

Also this may sound wrong or stupid but I find that playing the game that you main(s) in can really help you connect with that character therefore making you play better with him/her.

The first smash I ever owned was melee and because I only played Mario games I picked mario for my first time... but we didn't click so I tried everyone until i found Link. Yes when I was 7 he didn't look cool and I made christmas jokes abot him but we clicked...ish. I wanted to know more about him so I bought Twilight princess. AND THEN I BLEW UP! I could see the struggle Link went through, the trials he faced and I got to see why Link is what he is. LINK IS A COOL DUDE! so when I played brawl My link Was Amazing if i do say so myself. I could connect with him and it may me want to stick with link to the bitter end! I can't put into words How it felt but it was one of the most joyous Experiences ever!

The same thing goes for robin (yes i played all of Fire emblem awakening and it was incredible) and Xenoblade (played all of that to Fantastic) And i will do the same with pit now that I found KI uprising.

So that was my little speech about connecting with certain characters to help you get better with that character in a way. Melee was my entrance into the world of nintendo! I think I may replay twilight princess after I finish Kid icarus uprising!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
You just invalidated your own point.

Try competing against a top diode first hand and you'll see.

Unfortunately, I have no local smash tournaments near me and I can't play online ;-;

Or find some tournament videos of super competent players of pretty much any other character get bodied by Diddy with half the effort. I personally don't hate the Diddy MU, but I get why people do hate it at the same time.

I'm a bit more used to unfair things after playing Marvel 2 for so long repping Gambit.
I try to find some, but am having trouble. Do you know any Zane?

Also, why is Diddy's up air some infamous. I have read comments hear and their about broken it is.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Ignorance truly is bliss, eh?

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
I pretty much hate Sonics. Never played 1 good sonic that doesn't spam the side special.
There was 2 especially I found on Ladder and faced. Gladly I beat both of them there names were Boku and GameEdPlays.
Boku was the most annoying. My salt game was high. So I left my play style (Close combat) To all items and it worked.
Boku was the most annoying and I think he is top 5 in Nintendodojo ladder.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
How to make Sonic an even more annoying MU: play it on wifi.

@ smokebomb12 smokebomb12 yeah that tier list is stupid.
Sonic+Lag=Salt

Oh yea @LinkSpecialist GGS When we played your link might be the best ive played. But ive seen links with that playstyle before and thats pretty much how I won most of the games we played. Keep up the good link

Last edited:

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
I try to find some, but am having trouble. Do you know any Zane?
Also, why is Diddy's up air somewhat* infamous. I have read comments hear and there* about broken it is.
*fixed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY2E79x0NJI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w7sIePrQng
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwOEjPJWxQM

As far as the U-air, there wouldn't be nearly as many complaints about it if Diddy couldn't hitconfirm it out of D-throw. Hitconfirm in fighting games is when you recognize exactly when you've connected with an attack and transition into a garunteed combo. Through a combination of sheild pressure with fast aerials, a painfully easy chase game on banana throw that almost guarantees grab/d-throw/u-air, and the one thing that people hate the most is how absurdly early his U-air kills and it's relative quickness and high-priority.

For Link the MU is difficult when Diddy overruns your spam game and begins juggling you. If he gets a D-throw at low% DI yourself low and away so he'll normally get either only one U-air, or either F-air or B-ai, and in high% you'll wanna DI the throw Upwards since the throw is unlikely to kill and double jump quickly so he can't follow up right away. You almost never want to Airdodge after D-throw since he can whip out two U-airs before you can re-dodge his chase, so double jump and gauge his response. If diddy pursues close after your DJ: Fast fall and Air-dodge through him, and if he waits, mixup your direction of landing and make sure to have a bomb for safety. Airdodges to the ground usually get D-tilted into grab, or just regrabed.

all things considered this all should probably make it's way to the Diddy MU thread if no one has mentioned all this yet...

Last edited:

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Nah, Taunting is just in general seen as a mild form of disrespect. A lot of people Insta-salt over it while others would rather it didn't exist

And I'm not really mad, I got salty for a sec cuz I couldn't punish 20 rolls in our connection and I was getting beatup for my attempts. Also, just a smidge of life-advice if you care for it, but I wouldn't worry about upsetting people when playing a game incognito over the internet. If they get actually mad (like me for a second there) then that's they're fault, taunting or no.

No hard feelings man, I was being a baby.
Cheers:shades:

I am really starting to feel like a scrub at this game though... I let it get that bad and salted over it even.
Gonna have to step it up, so I accept full admonishment for my foolishness you guys.

Last edited:

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
you are going through a phase I went through sometime ago. my advise take a LINKation ( link + vacation) learn some other peoples movements and playstyles And also you may just be having a bad smash week (trust me I had plenty of those) When i kept losing with link I decided to try pit and we clicked just like link. You are the most honest and honorable player ever!

Top Bottom