• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
why cant we have fun with those people anymore before their threads get locked.. sighhhh

ZeldaZephyr

Smash Apprentice
Sup, Guys! I'm a fellow Link main and been one since Melee and I'm glad to find a place where I can talk to other Link mains or y'know fans of the Zelda games.

been raticing for a few weeks learining new tricks to do.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Hello, i'm new and wanted to stop by.
Sup, Guys! I'm a fellow Link main and been one since Melee and I'm glad to find a place where I can talk to other Link mains or y'know fans of the Zelda games.

been raticing for a few weeks learining new tricks to do.
Hey, new guys! Welcome to the Link boards. Be sure to follow the rules and be thick skinned and you'll be just fine.

Batu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlight33
Ohhhh I think they missed a few hype moments but definitely appreciate being on there! Link going far in 2016!
I feel you on that... From the very start of the video there is like 3 or 4 highlights of mario i think, they could add more footage of our hylian hero, but we just have one. :@

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Best of luck to you!

I've been making great use of Link's Zair and I have tons of fun using it. But I have trouble Bombsliding. any tips on how I can perform it and make use of it?
I've merged your posts but for future reference try to avoid needless double posting.
As to your question, specifically about bombsliding, do you understand how it works and are you using the optimal control scheme to perform it? Information about this can be found in the AT thread. If you answered 'yes' to both of these, I can only suggest that you practice at a slower speed in training mode then slowly speed it up. One thing a lot of people don't seem to understand is just how quick the inputs are.
If you want more specific answers give more specific information on what you're having difficulty with.
Oh for the record, questions can go in the Q/A thread; if they're about AT's they can go in either the AT thread or the Meta thread, otherwise I'm always open to people just PMing me with questions.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Super smash Sunday has Sczior today, he's in loser's rn but he's made it pretty far. (Streamer is TeamOxy2) just figured I'd drop that off since he's been going a lot

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
NICE!

Not sure.... but it would be nice to see KirinBlaze again. His Link is awesome.
Hes in the first pool

Literally our lost hero has returned. Well I haven't seen him play since Apex (almost a year) I can only hope we're in for a treat with izaw, Sczior, Soronie and now Kirinblade all attending Gensis.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Hes in the first pool

Literally our lost hero has returned. Well I haven't seen him play since Apex (almost a year) I can only hope we're in for a treat with izaw, Sczior, Soronie and now Kirinblade all attending Gensis.
Izaw is flying out? That's pretty rare for him to fly out to the US right? Now we just need to sneak Cat in along with their luggage :p.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Can we talk about what Link needs to be viable?
I mean I think he's viable rn. The only MU that I would makes us only Viable with a secondary is Fox, which can be covered by a number of high or mid tiers(I like Kirby) as for how to improve this MU in specific? Increase overall speed of Link. Maybe make Nair come out faster as a combo breaker. Link has everything he needs to be viable (Grab combos, Tons of ways to kill, a great mixup game and a solid recovery) if Ness is viable with Rosa existing I think so is Link. Just my 2 cents.

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
I mean I think he's viable rn. The only MU that I would makes us only Viable with a secondary is Fox, which can be covered by a number of high or mid tiers(I like Kirby) as for how to improve this MU in specific? Increase overall speed of Link. Maybe make Nair come out faster as a combo breaker. Link has everything he needs to be viable (Grab combos, Tons of ways to kill, a great mixup game and a solid recovery) if Ness is viable with Rosa existing I think so is Link. Just my 2 cents.
Some of the worst mobility in the game (9th slowest character in terms of dash speed, 7th worst air speed in the game, and 10th worst air acceleration in the game) , jab is too slow (Needs to be 5 frames), Gale Boomerang takes half a second to come out, arrows are too telegraphed, full jump is too low, and etc. I think there is much to improve.

And having to main a second character doesn't sound very viable to me.

Last edited:
Some of the worst mobility in the game (9th slowest character in terms of dash speed, 7th worst air speed in the game, and 10th worst air acceleration in the game) , jab is too slow (Needs to be 5 frames), Gale Boomerang takes half a second to come out, arrows are too telegraphed, full jump is too low, and etc. I think there is much to improve.

Complain more, surely that's the path to improvement. Yes, maybe if we sit around complaining and making wishlists we'll all be finishing first in tournaments within the week!

Oh, wait, no, that's wrong. Excuses are worthless, complaining is worthless, Link is the strongest he's ever been in a smash game. Get out there, and do work. Or just get out. I don't care which.

Love, Uncle Shin.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

But Link super fun with projectiles and swords ad everything

Complain more, surely that's the path to improvement. Yes, maybe if we sit around complaining and making wishlists we'll all be finishing first in tournaments within the week!

Oh, wait, no, that's wrong. Excuses are worthless, complaining is worthless, Link is the strongest he's ever been in a smash game. Get out there, and do work. Or just get out. I don't care which.

Love, Uncle Shin.
Also this

:135:

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Can we talk about what Link needs to be viable?
instead of dreaming like a kid you might as well ask questions that can help you become better as a player. dont waste your time asking lousy questions like this; get good.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971

To add to what these guys said, until you've hit the ceiling with your character, you shouldn't and don't deserve to complain. All those things mentioned aren't breaking the character, he's viable just like almost every other character. Everyone has room to improve and since we don't know what Link's limit is, its almost ignorant to assume he's not viable.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Here's the pools of all the notable link players
Scizor E50
Izaw E44
Soronie D45
Kirinblade A41
I left out the smaller links like 8BitSaint because I felt these are the ones that realistically at least make it to phase 2. Though Scizor has Slayer Z in his pool (strange since they're both from Cali) and Scizor has had a tough time with him in the past. I didnt recognize any one else too good in the others pools. Lets hope this kicks of the year of Link lol. Hopefully at least one of them makes it out of pools.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Well at least they are all in different pools? Btw, so ESPN now has an eSports section and Smash is being covered heavily in it? That's something I thought I'd never see haha.

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
btw, so ESPN now has an eSports section and Smash is being covered heavily in it? That's something I thought I'd never see haha.
I dreaded the idea that a company like ESPN would try to pick up Smash, or eSports in general.

If they start broadcating eSports, I won't be happy. Pretty much means we'll get unwanted attention.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
I dreaded the idea that a company like ESPN would try to pick up Smash, or eSports in general.

If they start broadcating eSports, I won't be happy. Pretty much means we'll get unwanted attention.
I guess? It also does help make it possible for more folks to actually be dedicated Smash players like Zero right? Money needs to come from somewhere... I do agree it'll have its drawbacks though.

Top Bottom