• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
That's the guy he's gotta help princess Ganandorf stop the evil man of the desert, Link from obtaining the triforce in the temple of orcarina.
On a side note I was thinking about getting Skyward Sword, Hyrule Warriors, and or Wind Waker HD anyone recommend getting or not getting any of these games?
Windwaker HD is amazing and you should really consider picking it up if you haven't played the original yet.
Skyward Sword... I mean some parts are really well done, the puzzles in particular. But the motion controls can be frustrating at times.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Any of you guys do streaming? My crew and I are thinking about streaming this summer.
I wish I could steam console games. I don't have any equipment for it :(. I do have xsplit for 6 months through my gpu though

Rizen

Smash Legend
Link is S tier with lag.
What? Not if you play people who know what they're doing and don't run into your attacks. In lag Link dies to any button lag offstage, loses his hit confirm to KO game, frame traps, and he gets outcamped by worse campers like Zelda because his projectiles don't come out right. Link is *** in lag. (By lag I mean enough that not all button inputs register)

BaPTraPLaP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaPTraPLaP
Windwaker HD is amazing and you should really consider picking it up if you haven't played the original yet.
Skyward Sword... I mean some parts are really well done, the puzzles in particular. But the motion controls can be frustrating at times.
Do you know if you have to use the motion control (Skyward Sword)? Ya I did play the original WW enjoyed it. Not my favorite LoZ but up there.
Skyward Sword is a must. The other two are good, just not as good as SS.
I was thinking that, I heard it finally gives Legend of Zelda an origin story. Along with having a great artistic style. WW I'm still iffy about. Hyrule Warriors especially thinking about while I heard it is awsome. People also tell me that if your a true zelda fan you will hate it but I find that doubtful.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Do you know if you have to use the motion control (Skyward Sword)? Ya I did play the original WW enjoyed it. Not my favorite LoZ but up there.

I was thinking that, I heard it finally gives Legend of Zelda an origin story. Along with having a great artistic style. WW I'm still iffy about. Hyrule Warriors especially thinking about while I heard it is awsome. People also tell me that if your a true zelda fan you will hate it but I find that doubtful.
From what I played of HW, I enjoyed it. Kind of repetitive, but still fun. Yea, you have to use the motion controls in SS, no way around them. However, I tend to not have an issue with them.

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00

Well...SS is the best Zelda IMO. Absolutely a must have. You have to use motion control, but don't believe people who say that SS controls suck. I had to adjust them maybe one-two time every 30 minutes, and even if we assume as truth "You have to adjust your controls every 10 minutes!", that's equal to "Press down on:GCDpad: every 10 minutes"

Also i really like HW. Even whitout DLC, I feel like it's a complete and very fun game. Give it a chance.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I never had any real problems with the motion controls in SS either. The only small complaint I had was that the game used the motion controls for aiming your ranged weapons as well. I would've preferred if it had used the pointer instead.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Some people hate on SS for the motion control, ShinTwist ScreamPaste ShinTwist ScreamPaste , or the annoying annotations while completely overlooking how broken the plot is. I love SS for the story because it is Link and Zelda's origin story and, again, despite dthrow looks it's actually pretty damn dark. The character growth and development Link shoes in the game is simply masterful.

Last edited:

RonNewcomb

Smash Journeyman
Some people hate on SS for the motion control, Fi, or the annoying annotations
Yes, yes, yes. SS is in my bottom 3 Zeldas of all time. And you forgot "no exploration, just go from point A to B like you're told to". But the art and the characters are likeable, and Zelda has a personality, so it isn't a total loss.

I've never been a big fan of WW either, but I'd easily recommend WWHD over SS.

(But the best Zelda in recent memory is A Link Between Worlds.)

Yes, yes, yes. SS is in my bottom 3 Zeldas of all time. And you forgot "no exploration, just go from point A to B like you're told to". But the art and the characters are likeable, and Zelda has a personality, so it isn't a total loss.

Get out of my house with your disgusting heresy.

Lucasmaster90

Smash Rookie
NNID
LucasmasterBR
The only bad thing of SS is that i dont have. For me the worst zelda game is Zelda 2, the best is A link to the past.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I guess for me my favorite would be Wind Waker (also my favorite game of all time), my least favorite would probably be Spirit Tracks.

RonNewcomb

Smash Journeyman
Get out of my house with your disgusting heresy.
Oh you know the 8-bit original is the best.

SS: I'm with Egoraptor on that one. And OoT for that matter.

Zelda 2, AoL: I appreciate what it was trying to do. I don't think it was the worst, but.... I'm having trouble thinking of a clearly worse one right now.

Lozjam

Smash Champion

You forgot:
Some of the best dungeons in the series
Memorable characters
Good plot
Nice use of backtracking
Unique mechanics(time shift stones)
Great atmosphere

Get out of here you little deku scrub!
Your welcome has been overstayed
Ganondorf has returned
BAHAHAHA!
Go back to the little grotto you came from.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I'm gonna be that guy and say that I don't have a least favorite Zelda game. This is gonna sound weird, but whatever. I think that truly being a fan of something is sort of like being in a relationship. Sure there's gonna be some aspects that you like better than others, but you still love the thing/person as a whole. You don't look at it/them and think "this is great and all, but there's that one thing that I just don't like". Nah, you're gonna think "sure there might be some things that are kinda annoying, but it really doesn't matter because I love them/it as a whole".

...I'unno weird analogy is weird

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
I definitely enjoyed my experience with SS. Zelda has always been more about the world and characters to me rather than gameplay (which is why I prefer 3d over 2d). My favorite Zelda is between WW and MM for that reason

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
I guess for me my favorite would be Wind Waker (also my favorite game of all time), my least favorite would probably be Spirit Tracks.
I too wasn't a huge fan of Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass. Spirit Tracks more so because it took forever to go places.
My favorite Zelda games are the CD-I ones.

:troll:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Yeah, I tend to notice that no one talks about Minish Cap for some reason. :(
People usually write off for being Capcom/10 and not being comparable to timeless 2D classics like ALTTP, or either of the Oracles games.

Handheld Zelda games as a whole tend to get less (vocal/visible) love than the 3D/console games.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
When it comes to handheld Zeldas (hell 2D Zeldas in general), it all boils down to the Oracle games. Grew up with those when they first came out and still replay them on my 3DS. :D
Capcom has always known what to do when making 2D Zelda games in my book, be it the innumerable amount of things to do (rings, secrets, kinstones, and the like) and generally great dungeon design. I stand by the fact that Oracle of Ages still has the most challenging puzzles in the series.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Oracle games were pretty damn beast! Interesting heroes, interesting villains.

I played them a lot as a kid, I should replay them on 3DS or something.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Meh. I think Marth is a better swordfighter than Pit & Link both. He just lacks projectiles. At one point I dropped Brawl Link for Brawl Pit and had a much easier time, but I cannot seem to make the transition to Sm4sh Pit. No glide, no hits-behind repeating-jab, arrows dissipate after a second, the reflector is slower and wears out: they removed everything I was great at abusing.
But they kept the Gale Boomerang. What a kick in the teeth.
Agreed. I think Marth is the best sword fighter in the game. He's got really good combos and mix-ups that really make him stand out. Pit's good though too.

Anyway, I'd say my favorites between all of them is Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask. The music and feeling of both games were incredible in their own ways. The stories were outstanding.

Last edited:

FierceGaiety

Smash Cadet
Skyward Sword is amazing and if you have a problem swinging around a wiimote like a sword then I don't know how you can find any joy in life. Windwaker HD is good if you never played the original and Hyrule Warriors is the number one way to blow off some of that 'jab got nerfed' steam because you run through thousands of enemies per level in the hypest ways possible. Do you like how Dynasty Warriors plays but are completely sick of the same story and characters over and over again? Giving it a LoZ makeover make it seem way fresher than it should.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
You guys talking about favourite hand held Zelda?

That's tough. But one of my favourite hand held has to be Spirit Tracks. The game that start my Zelda fandom. XD

Pit's Usmash is pretty similar to Link's now that I think about it... except it lacks the wide angle and strong kill potential
Didn't even know utilt was a kill move.
Dair spike, though weak, can still do the job against characters that lack strong vertical recoveries like DK or Link.
Pit would greatly benefit from counterpicks though and he would probably force some bans against MU wise players. Delfino, Town and City, and Halberd would make Usmash, Utilt, Upperdash kill pretty consistantly. While Duckhunt would lower the horizontal kill range to 110-130, as fsmash, fthrow, and electroshock and increase the vertical kill range to maybe 130-150.
Although heavies can be a problem in terms of netting early kills, their weight works against them in the sense that they can be juggled easier with Pit's bread and butter combos (dthrow > uair/fair/usmash/utilt > uair/fair > uair > uair > uair) making building percent much easier, though it will put them in rage faster as well.
I guess you're right. His Up smash hit box is still too small IMO
Can't all of these dispute over percent kill statistics and pit metagame in general be settled by viewing them in the pit boards?
Would but the Pit boards has such little activity and plus Pit is awesome
Pit Happy Emocticon (scaled down).png

Meh. I think Marth is a better swordfighter than Pit & Link both. He just lacks projectiles. At one point I dropped Brawl Link for Brawl Pit and had a much easier time, but I cannot seem to make the transition to Sm4sh Pit. No glide, no hits-behind repeating-jab, arrows dissipate after a second, the reflector is slower and wears out: they removed everything I was great at abusing.
But they kept the Gale Boomerang. What a kick in the teeth.
Which Marth do you mean?

That's the guy he's gotta help princess Ganandorf stop the evil man of the desert, Link from obtaining the triforce in the temple of orcarina.
On a side note I was thinking about getting Skyward Sword, Hyrule Warriors, and or Wind Waker HD anyone recommend getting or not getting any of these games?
I haven't played HW or WW, but I have heard that they are very good. Though I have played SS and I have to say, get it ASAP. It is a brilliant game. While you might not like some of the things that happen in the game, you will still enjoy it none the less.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
My top 3 are A Link to the Past (if you don't like this game, you have literally no hope), Wind Waker and Majora's Mask.

Of course I thoroughly enjoyed OoT and TP, they're just not my favorite by any means.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I still have to finish my current play through of WW. Got all three pearls and then saved my data right before finals week.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
My favorite LoZ games in no particular order are:

1) ALttP
2) SS
3) LoZ Classic
4) MM
5) MC

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
Top 3 in no particular order:
Ocarina of Time
Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Top 5 Zelda Games for me in Order

1) Majora's Mask/3D
2) Skyward Sword
3) A Link Between Worlds
4) Spirit Tracks
5) Ocarina of Time

I still need to complete the Oracle Games and Link's Awakening.

Top Bottom