• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Help me become the number 1 Link on these boards.
Do grounded arrows, dair when above someone, roll a lot, shield grabbing is really safe for punishing, his offstage game is really great so go deep for those gimps, combo break everything with nair. Just mash the A button.

Now you should be good.

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
Do grounded arrows, dair when above someone, roll a lot, shield grabbing is really safe for punishing, his offstage game is really great so go deep for those gimps, combo break everything with nair. Just mash the A button.

Now you should be good.
Forgot about using Spin Attack for every onstage kill :awesome:

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364

Now you should be good.
Don't forget to roll behind everyone and fish for downsmash.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
All you need to know is @ Elessar Elessar is like Sheldon. Having him as a moderator is like playing with a double blade sword. He will do an excelent job as a moderator (if you put him underground as an slave) but he is horrible managing ppl. 0 ppl skills. Just fyi.
Funny. I've been told I am very Sheldon like too.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
All you need to know is @ Elessar Elessar is like Sheldon. Having him as a moderator is like playing with a double blade sword. He will do an excelent job as a moderator (if you put him underground as an slave) but he is horrible managing ppl. 0 ppl skills. Just fyi.
Har har, very funny.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Just tap B rapidly while holding forward and then charge Usmash as long as possible.

Or at least, that's what I usually see from FG players when I defeat their first character with Ganon.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
This seems to be a very unorthodox character thread compared to most of the other ones I look through.

I like it.

Also always pick the Fierce Deity costume. It will 100% of the time make every opponent take you seriously.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Okay, you guys are taking the "thick skinned" Link boards way too far. He's a pre-teen (idk his age, sorry if I'm wrong) for God's sake. It's one thing to "flame" and it's another thing to go borderline cyber bullying, not cool.
Lawz for mod.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
...well that seems to be worked out. Now we can go back to *****ing about Sakurai nerfing Link's jab.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Okay then.
What's the point of having a in-game tip suggesting jab 2 to cancel into a finisher if it doesn't even work?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I vote Link for moderator of the Link threads. And yes I mean :4link:.
...well that seems to be worked out. Now we can go back to *****ing about Sakurai nerfing Link's jab.
You know, I really want to tell you guys to stop complaining about Link's jab nerf as it really seems like you overreacting yet I know that if I do, I will be basically a walking target here. So I'll keep my mouth shut. Though is the reason why it's a nerf because it stops Link from trapping opponents and then combo into a finisher?

AnFuAr

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
So what's the new topic now? Who are we hating? I'm bored.. Feed the troll plz..

Last edited:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I vote Link for moderator of the Link threads. And yes I mean :4link:.

You know, I really want to tell you guys to stop complaining about Link's jab nerf as it really seems like you overreacting yet I know that if I do, I will be basically a walking target here. So I'll keep my mouth shut. Though is the reason why it's a nerf because it stops Link from trapping opponents and then combo into a finisher?
I would rather use the words "viable setup if any" instead of "trap" but tomato, tomato. It mostly has to do with using a quick option to setup a kill. Without it we have to rely on reads and punishes, making Link essentially Ganon with no kill power (that also has projectiles).

I kind of agree about dwelling on the jab nerf, though we're not just mindlessly complaining about it; usually if someone mentions it it's because they just got out of the lab trying to cook up new ways to set up strings, combos, and kills. Personally, I just went back to J2, making sure to shield for when people tend to try and nair out, and dropkick-like combos. I've also gotten a lot better at using nair and fair at earl percents as well as timing staled nairs at mid percents.

Last edited:

Siledh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Siledhrel
3DS FC
3969-5560-9348
Just curious, are ditto matches more common for Link than any other character on FG or..?
I haven't been on FG a lot recent, but I haven't really fought a lot of Links on my time there.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Just curious, are ditto matches more common for Link than any other character on FG or..?
I haven't been on FG a lot recent, but I haven't really fought a lot of Links on my time there.
I would suspect that Mewtwo currently is experiencing the most dittos. I was on FG just last night going Link and Ganon and I think about 50% of my matches were Mewtwos. I had one Link ditto but that's it.

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
Since some of us are talking about the jab... I didn't play Brawl competitively so my jab timing is off. How do you all time the jab 1->2 so that it Links into attacks? Is there some sort of visual cue or do you just feel it out?

AnFuAr

Smash Rookie
If you all want to feel great with Link, you can always play against me. Doesn't matter which one i pick i always get beat up. Just ask @ Elessar Elessar . Lol *hides*

Last edited:
Top Bottom