• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light Labs: Mega Man Advance Techniques Discovery Thread

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
So basically, all you brawl players in this thread remember the DACIT/"Ikes jank item throw"?
Yeah DACITing exists in smash 4:
And it seems that mega man has a very useful DACIT. However the most practical use of this is with a cstick and I lack a wi U atm so I can't test the applications.

But as we see in the video, sliding utilt is amazing. You could also use jab to invade space. And other useful things

For those confused about DACITs, here's the old brawl thread on it:
http://smashboards.com/threads/in-depth-look-into-dacit.212159/
I was going to post this but you beat me to it!

This looks pretty awesome. Being able to DACIT into a utilt gives us a really nasty punish option if we have a metal blade in hand. I'm looking forward to playing around with this when I get back to my WiiU.

Malex

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't the fact that you are cancelling a grab mean this is actually a DGCIT?

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
I don't think so because the grab button, in this case, makes you throw the item

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
@ ChopperDave ChopperDave @ Locke 06 Locke 06 @ ENKER ENKER Crap! it can be done with any item! even diddys bannanas! and the funny part is: it's seems exclusive to megaman. Other characters like peach, toon link and diddy can't do this. You can use diddy's bannana to do this and diddy can't :S. I hope this thing doesn't get patched because I'm basing my style with this in mind right now.

Last edited:

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
That tech looks completely hilarious and puts us on par with :luigimelee: in terms of slide-y buffoonery. I definitely think it won't be good to make it a cornerstone of one's playstyle since it's fully punishable, but keeping it on the backburner for a clutch play here and there or to rush down somebody while they do something unsafe will be a great option to keep in mind for at least the life of this patch.

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
That tech looks completely hilarious and puts us on par with :luigimelee: in terms of slide-y buffoonery. I definitely think it won't be good to make it a cornerstone of one's playstyle since it's fully punishable, but keeping it on the backburner for a clutch play here and there or to rush down somebody while they do something unsafe will be a great option to keep in mind for at least the life of this patch.
ive tested it out on for glory and works very well as an out of nowhere option when your opp is recovering high from the stage. you can do this to get to their face, then do bair, fair, upair

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
it's seems exclusive to megaman.
Ike, MegaMan, Fox, Meta Knight, Falco, and Mewtwo are who I've confirmed can do it so far. I've got a lot of work on my plate right now, so I can't justify to myself going through the rest of the cast. Since none of these guys except MegaMan can produce their own items, it probably isn't a big deal for them, but people who play those characters might enjoy knowing they have another option after catching an item.

[OCK]LLama

Smash Cadet
It may seem like it, but it's not exclusive to mega man. Everyone in the cast is able to preform this, it's just that some of them have absolute GARBAGE lengths that are practically invisible.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Definitely seems like it can be performed with all items and characters, the question is who has a beneficial glide. For example Captain Falcon has a great jump cancel toss, but bad...whatever we finally call this. On the other hand, Bowser jr. sees some improvement doing this over his JCT.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Luigi can do it too. Point is that Mega Man seems to be the only one who can produce items that gets a huge benefit out of it. It probably will be removed whenever we get Lucas.

I will enjoy it to the most while we have it.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Jump cancel toss hasnt been removed yet, so there is always the possibility that these are problems inherent to the engine that can't be patched out without seriously changing something or investing tons of time into, as opposed to the more basic changes we've seen from patches so far.

Azazel

Smash Journeyman
Jump cancel toss hasnt been removed yet, so there is always the possibility that these are problems inherent to the engine that can't be patched out without seriously changing something or investing tons of time into, as opposed to the more basic changes we've seen from patches so far.
DACUS was removed. This very similar.

Dash Attack Canceled Up smash. physics exploit based on the ability to Cancel dash attack with upsmash
how it was patched, removed the ability to cancel Dash attack with Usmash

Dash Item Toss Canceled Up Toss. physics exploit based on the ability to cancel Dash Item toss with up toss
How this could easily be patched, Remove ability to cancel Dash Item Toss with Up Toss

While Jump canceld Item toss is more similar to Jump canceled upsmash.

These kinda have to be in the game because of the existence of tap to jump

Last edited:

Azazel

Smash Journeyman
For you old 3ds / A-stick / B-sick users who want to add this tech to your repertoire

I figure out a way. I forgot A+B now results in smash attacks so try this

:GCR: (Tap) > :GCA:(Hold) > :GCU:(hold) + :GCB:

Dash > Dash Item Toss > Up Item throw

So this tech is humanly doable consistently on 3ds's without c-sticks

And with A/B-stick layout

I believe consistency can be bridged with practice, but C-stick method is by far the easiest most consistent method

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Well I'm having a lot of fun with this tech so far. Just beat up some lvl 6-7 computers to test it out in combat situations. Great uses of it:

- Tech chasing
- Pivot Fsmashes
- Grabbing like Captain Falcon grabs
- Making Dsmash and utilt easier to use
- Getting out of tight spots

I've managed to stick opponents with Crash Bombs, watch them detonate from a distance, and then slide in and usmash while they were still in the hit stun!

Thank Time Man for this wonderful ability.

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
Played around with this on For Glory to tonight. Lot of people surprised by how fast I could close distances now :D

DACIT w/ Leaf Shield is hilarious. If you get a Metal Blade in hand and activate Leaf Shield at a distance, your opponent has to guess whether you'll send two projectiles at him one after the other, or teleport up to him and grab him.

Sliding into a grab with Leaf Shield is pretty dirty, because the leaf hitboxes will cancel out or stop a lot of your opponent's response options.

Last edited:

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
So, I heard that it was actually possible to throw Metal Blade forward while performing a DACIT; has anyone been able to replicate it at this point?

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
So, I heard that it was actually possible to throw Metal Blade forward while performing a DACIT; has anyone been able to replicate it at this point?
there's a video confiriming it throwing it forward

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
Questions:

1) what's the input for DACIT that throws items forward? In Smash4 I have only been able to replicate the up throw; other throws don't seem to work.

2) is it possible to DACIT out of a dash and run, or just out of run? I get the most success performing the tech out of a full run. Seems like when I do it too early I don't get the slide.

Another thing to note: it's actually possible to combine DACIT and JCGT. Input is:
Dash (Run?) -> A -> jump -> cstick

I still need to lab it, but with the right timing I think you can use this to do a "super JCGT" that's shorter than the DACIT but longer than normal JCGT.

Last edited:

Azazel

Smash Journeyman
Questions:

1) what's the input for DACIT that throws items forward? In Smash4 I have only been able to replicate the up throw; other throws don't seem to work.

2) is it possible to DACIT out of a dash and run, or just out of run? I get the most success performing the tech out of a full run. Seems like when I do it too early I don't get the slide.

Another thing to note: it's actually possible to combine DACIT and JCGT. Input is:

I still need to lab it, but with the right timing I think you can use this to do a "super JCGT" that's shorter than the DACIT but longer than normal JCGT.
You need to use a diagonal input to forward throw. I use teh :GCA: + :GCB: smash method to do it.

:GCR: > :GCA: > :GCUR: +:GCB:

It's roughly a 30° angle.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I'm going to have to try that DACIT. It looks awesome, and it can make my Mega Man skills even better, and I'm already solid with him, or at least I'd like to think that. :p

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Questions:

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTC_H0iVk0I

2) I've managed to do it immediately out of a dash a few times (goes just over half the length of Omega Wily's Castle). Of course the timing gets more strict as you won't get it if you do it before you're officially running. I'm still more comfortable doing a short run before starting the tech.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Not sure if this counts as an AT but with custom special Tornado Hold Out of Shield, I've been able to get out of grabs. If I do it just before I expect my opponent to grab me, the Tornado still comes out and damages the opponent to set me free.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
it'd be the same if you can simultaneously press your attack and special buttons... Not sure how else you'd do it.

I use the A + B method too, although I'm not very good with the timing yet.

Pyrofruit

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know the useless tech that makes megaman slowly move forward while constantly turning around. It has something to do with glide tossing. I remember ia video.

Last edited:

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
Not sure if this was already posted somewhere but I figured this is the place for it.

Cool demo of the Instatoss technique. I'll add it to my guide as a supplement to the existing entry. Always nice to have video demonstrations.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
I dont know If this helps much but doing the Super glide toss/Super Wave Dash 2.0 is extremely easy on the N3DS

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
I dont know If this helps much but doing the Super glide toss/Super Wave Dash 2.0 is extremely easy on the N3DS
my hands typically feel a rather big and typically mess doing it right on the 3DS, but if you flick the control stick from :GCDR:to:GCR:/:GCUR:(anywhere in between) it will translate to forward toss assuming you've used AB Smash.

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Hi all, so I was wondering if anyone else knows how to perform this consistently or if It is just some freak miracle but it appears that there is some way of getting SB to hit three times, guaranteeing an fsmash/utilt.

May be something to do with delfino but if this can be performed on demand then shadow blade just became a more useful choice than it already was.

Top Bottom