• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Let's Get King Dedede Buffed! An Official Patch Request

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
The patch is live and I'm not noticing anything new for our beloved king.
But we can't give up now! There is no predicting what the future have in store for us. If we drop our hammers and call it quits, then we forfit our voice, our influence on any future patches, and all the hard work we have done with D3.

:4dedede: We must forever remain loyal to the king! :4dedede:
Honestly, if we've stuck with him all the way to now, we'll probably stick to him forever.

abx

Smash Journeyman
I guess the best bet is pressing the glitchy issues like DTilt's abnormal hitbox.

GuardianOfTheLedge

Smash Rookie
NNID
DoofNStein
I guess the best bet is pressing the glitchy issues like DTilt's abnormal hitbox.
I think I remember Sakurai or somebody saying that patches would only come to bring fixes to broken aspects of the game. Therefore I think it would be wise for us to really emphasize the broken aspects of D3 to the rest of the community. I think that would be a fairly effective way to gain sympathy (and buffs) from Nintendo.

Also, I think many of the Jiggly mains would love to team up with us, since we would be working for a mutual benefit. So if anyone knows any notable Jiggly mains we should contact them and get something started.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I think I remember Sakurai or somebody saying that patches would only come to bring fixes to broken aspects of the game. Therefore I think it would be wise for us to really emphasize the broken aspects of D3 to the rest of the community. I think that would be a fairly effective way to gain sympathy (and buffs) from Nintendo.

Also, I think many of the Jiggly mains would love to team up with us, since we would be working for a mutual benefit. So if anyone knows any notable Jiggly mains we should contact them and get something started.
Might start a thread on uniting Jigg and Dedede mains later.. Leave it to me

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
User was warned for this post
I saw your thread got locked. Maybe try posting it in the Jigglypuff boards instead? The mods always lock character specific threads in the general and competitive discussion areas.
Lemme check. EDIT:Those scum. OHHHH I'm pissed. Very very pissed. Screw them. God I don't think I've ever been so salty. Fuc* them. Jesus. I made this with intentions of helping two desperate characters and they go and do THIS?! Sh**bags. Okay, okay, I'll abridge it and post it in the Jigglypuff boards.

Last edited:

Soul Train

Just laugh.
NNID
JSXian
Lemme check. EDIT:Those scum. OHHHH I'm pissed. Very very pissed. Screw them. God I don't think I've ever been so salty. Fuc* them. Jesus. I made this with intentions of helping two desperate characters and they go and do THIS?! Sh**bags. Okay, okay, I'll abridge it and post it in the Jigglypuff boards.
Eddie I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you stepped over the line there. The mods who deleted your topic were doing their job - that was neither the time nor place for your topic. There are rules on this website meant to keep things organized and civil; don't resort to name-calling because you're not aware of said rules.

I also wish you had waited a bit and talked here before going to the Jiggly boards. I had some plans to contact the mods behind the scenes to generate momentum, and that's a little more difficult now. Just check around, join our discord and see what's happening already before jumping ahead, alright?

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Eddie I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you stepped over the line there. The mods who deleted your topic were doing their job - that was neither the time nor place for it. There are rules on this website meant to keep things organized and civil; don't resort to name-calling because you're not aware of said rules.

I also wish you had waited a bit and talked here before going to the Jiggly boards. I had some plans to contact the mods behind the scenes to generate momentum, and that's a little more difficult now. Just check around, join our discord and see what's happening already before jumping ahead, alright?
Okay, I'm sorry. I'll think better in the future. Actually, I have never checked the discord, might as well do that now. (If it's half as good as the Zelda one, I'm more than happy.

GuardianOfTheLedge

Smash Rookie
NNID
DoofNStein
I have been thinking a little about how we can make this as efficient as possible. So here is my suggestion:

I'll make a thread in the general discussion called something along the lines of "Bottom tiers unite - lets get buffed!" This thread's discussion will be primarily focused on how to publicize our objective, but It could also be where people can pledge their alliance to our cause. We could put the names of users who pledged into a big list to show off the support our mains have amassed. Also, It will have links to other separate but important threads which I'll outline in a moment.

The aforementioned other threads will be in the boards of all the characters that are involved. These sub-threads (for lack of a better name) will have links to the main thread in the general discussion. They wil be called something like "bottom tiers unite - [Insert character's name]' critical flaws and proposed buffs". This thread is exactly what it sounds like, Its is where (hopefully) knowledgable players can go and discuss what their character needs to become viable. The ultimate goal would be to come to a general concensus about the changes to be made. We would put those changes in the header of the thread (if that is what it's called) and then push as hard as we can for those changes in the "Bottom Tiers Unite -- Lets get buffed!" thread and then beyond.

"Why are the character specific threads different from what we are in right now?" you may ask. It is all a matter of organization and focus. I believe that having one clear and concise objective will maximize our productivity! The smaller character specific threads will be different because they will focus solely on buffs and changes to be made, while all the publicity and coordinating will be left to the big "Bottom Tiers Unite -- Lets get buffed!" thread.

So, what do you guys think? I think it is at least a good start. And it is more organized than what little we have had in the past. Also, I think it would be safe from being locked because as I have implied, this will focus on bottom tiers in general, not just a couple characters.

...Just check around, join our discord and see what's happening already before jumping ahead, alright?
What's discord? It sounds pretty useful.

Edit: Before we officially add any character to the alliance we should quietly get the support of some of its noteable players first. Just to make sure we can get traction and support in that community before the thread falls into the abyss of dead threads.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I have been thinking a little about how we can make this as efficient as possible. So here is my suggestion:

I'll make a thread in the general discussion called something along the lines of "Bottom tiers unite - lets get buffed!" This thread's discussion will be primarily focused on how to publicize our objective, but It could also be where people can pledge their alliance to our cause. We could put the names of users who pledged into a big list to show off the support our mains have amassed. Also, It will have links to other separate but important threads which I'll outline in a moment.

The aforementioned other threads will be in the boards of all the characters that are involved. These sub-threads (for lack of a better name) will have links to the main thread in the general discussion. They wil be called something like "bottom tiers unite - [Insert character's name]' critical flaws and proposed buffs". This thread is exactly what it sounds like, Its is where (hopefully) knowledgable players can go and discuss what their character needs to become viable. The ultimate goal would be to come to a general concensus about the changes to be made. We would put those changes in the header of the thread (if that is what it's called) and then push as hard as we can for those changes in the "Bottom Tiers Unite -- Lets get buffed!" thread and then beyond.

"Why are the character specific threads different from what we are in right now?" you may ask. It is all a matter of organization and focus. I believe that having one clear and concise objective will maximize our productivity! The smaller character specific threads will be different because they will focus solely on buffs and changes to be made, while all the publicity and coordinating will be left to the big "Bottom Tiers Unite -- Lets get buffed!" thread.

So, what do you guys think? I think it is at least a good start. And it is more organized than what little we have had in the past. Also, I think it would be safe from being locked because as I have implied, this will focus on bottom tiers in general, not just a couple characters.

What's discord? It sounds pretty useful.

Edit: Before we officially add any character to the alliance we should quietly get the support of some of its noteable players first. Just to make sure we can get traction and support in that community before the thread falls into the abyss of dead threads.
It got taken down when I put it in the competitive discussion, so I don't know if posting it in the general discussion would work.
And to be honest, I think it should be exclusively King Dedede and Jigglypuff. Do the others really need buffs? Well, maybe Ganondorf could benefit. Also, in the thread that I posted earlier in the Jigglypuff forums, one guy said he thought of Dedede mains to be natural ally's. And I'm not sure if it's still up, but when I posted it, I said that our methods could be mentioning it to Big D and RDR7, using the hashtag #Buffthepuffs on any patch releated video or any Jigglypuff or King Dedede video.Actually, suggesting it to Girthquake would be a great way to start off. I think your idea is good though.

Top Bottom