• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let me show you my moves!! - VGCats Brawl comic

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireCrack

Smash Journeyman
That was better than what they have been for a while. But I don't think I'll ever get my faith back in them. And I hate ctrl+alt+del and Penny Arcade. All web comics aside from PBF have let me down.

Do not forget the grandeur taht is xkcd!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Why hasn't anyone mentioned the Fullmetal Botanist at the bottom?

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Ha, I love VGCats although I will admit that the most recent ones have not been that funny. But otherwise, it's still a great webcomic, and so are Ctrl+Alt+Del, Dueling Analogs, 8-bit Theatre, Digital Unrest, Press Start to Play etc. etc. The only ones I don't like as much are Fanboys and Penny Arcade. But they all have a more or less decent artwork and are more or less funny. And btw, Luke, funny is in the eye of the beholder, so do yourself a favor and stop already.

A very good comic (Nintendo-related mostly) is Hail-Nekoyasha's Deviant Art webcomic, just hilarious.

And LOOOVE the Fullmetal Botanist joke xD

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, the only part I found funny was the last 3 panels. I like self-deprecating humor.

I agree that VGCats isn't as funny as it used to be but I'm not going to go about trolling like a *******.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Do we have to argue on everything? Can't we just enjoy the comic? Come on now. I am not a huge VG cats fan, I prefer Penny Arcade or Awkward Zombie..but still if you don't like it why waste the time to post a negative reply? The boards are slow enough as it is.

I liked the comic. Especially since it does take him forever to update..

Poor Mewtwo. I'd let him in.

Ness and Jigglypuff crawled through the Doggy Door.

Soren49

Smash Rookie
I WANNA HUG KIRBY!! XDD and pikachu! They look cute and damented at the same time XDD

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I was going to say. It's an obvious thing that Snake is not looking at random shrimp things...he's scoping out...assets. ;)

And VGCats was always good. And still is.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Really?

Yeah, you just keep thinking that.
Yes, just as right as you were about Ness not returning... and how there wouldn't be another delay.
Wait, what? I never seriously said Ness wasn't going to return (if I did, it was for the lulz and just to get illiterate ***** to throw a hissy fit), however I did say that Ness shouldn't return, which is obvious in my thread that details why Ness should be out and replaced properly by Lucas. And that still remains the same today, just as much as Sonic shouldn't be in Brawl, or how Roy, Dr. Mario, and Pichu shouldn't have been in Melee. All are terrible choices.
If people don't like VG Cats, then WHY are they coming on to this thread, like was said, if you don't like it get out.

kthnxby
I dunno, because the whole point of a god**** forum is to come in and say your opinion on a subject? That's what I did, and someone decided to be a baby as they were butthurt by someone saying their favorite comic in the world sucks.

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
This thread is filled with two type of idiots. The first kinda comes to this thread for the only purpose to bash VG cats the other blindly defends it and can't accept that people have a different opinion.. Both sides are complete morons and quite sad. That is all.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I just read this whole thread. It was dang hilarious. Even better than the comic! XD

Oh, and the comic was cool itself, of course. Couldn't help but laugh when Mario slammed the door in Falcon's face, even if that is a cliche.

"Let me show you my moves!!" was grea though! :laugh:
VG Cats ain't so bad. :)

Fawriel

Smash Master
This thread is filled with two type of idiots. The first kinda comes to this thread for the only purpose to bash VG cats the other blindly defends it and can't accept that people have a different opinion.. Both sides are complete morons and quite sad. That is all.
I'd say it's filled with idiots with no sense of humor, and people who can't stand idiots with no sense of humor.

That does not mean that I think of VGCats as the funniest thing ever, it means that anybody who *****es about how something is unfunny (despite the fact that lots of people disagree) is a humorless twit.

VGCats' humor is quite different from most. It doesn't work with punchlines so much as with a series of amusing situations and sentences. I find that the author puts a lot of thought into the wording of the dialogue, which is respectable. The comics never really make me laugh, but they're always amusing.
I can get how some people wouldn't get that sort of humor, which is fine. But if you fail to understand something, that doesn't mean it's dumb. It's well possible that you are.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I agree with the people who say VGCats isn't that funny... well, it used to be really good, but I think the whole soul of the comic died as soon as they killed off Dr. Hobo. After that, the quality of the comic has taken a bit of a fall, this is the only good one he's made in ages. Literally, he doesn't update that much either. The comic says so.

I find it funny how Scott has managed to be completely wrong on both of his Smash Brothers Brawl comics now... Sonic was announced a short while after his first one that said he wouldn't get in, and then Ness and Jiggly got confirmed while he was making the comic. The poor guy isn't having much luck with this game, is he? :laugh:

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
old as hell man

still was funny when it was new thoguh.

but VG cats blows now, used to be funny, much like awkward zombie (or technically when she just did the comix from DA) used to be funny but now....not so much.

honestly the only game related webcomic i really still find entertaining anymore is f@nboy$

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
the only comic that made me feel something was the "perfect gift" one, it gave the characters a bit of development and for once you don´t see them dying or being lamely funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom