• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let me show you my moves!! - VGCats Brawl comic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Haha, that's so great XD I love Pikachu and PT's faces too, just scarfing down treats and such, heh.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Well no one claimed it was the pinnacle of hilarity either. Its just a cute comic about Brawl, can't you appreciate the effort it took to make, at least? No need to bash it just for the sake of bashing. :ohwell:
Effort? Effort?!

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Yeah, there comics are effort alright!

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Draw us a comic. I'd like to see it, really. I'm not even defending VGCats, I just wanna see if you can do any better.
That's not the point I'm trying to make. You say they put effort into it, but the only area I see is in the drawing. Yet, effort with the humor? If there was effort in the humor, then why isn't it hilarious? It's not even cute, just unfunny and idiotic humor that screams "GAY!" (and I say that in a very non-homophobic way, but it's the perfect word to describe it) in every panel.

Although if I made a comic and showed you, the humor will definitely be more tasteful than VGCats, despite my lack of ability to draw. But honestly, I really don't have the time to such things. The closest I've ever done with comics is a sprite comic a long long looooong time ago that I dropped due to lack of interest.
Then why don't you STFU and not read it or come onto a thread with a VG Cats comic?
Oldest excuse in the book. Really, you're just copying others. You should try to respond with something way more original than that.
I mean, seriously. If you don't have something nice (or relevant) to say, don't say anything at all.
Yes sir! I'll make sure to be handy-dandy nicey for now on!

Dantarion

Smash Champion
The real capn falcon would have kneed through the door, punched mario, and then made zero suit samus show some moves of her own. upstairs.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
That's not the point I'm trying to make. You say they put effort into it, but the only area I see is in the drawing. Yet, effort with the humor? If there was effort in the humor, then why isn't it hilarious? It's not even cute, just unfunny and idiotic humor that screams "GAY!" (and I say that in a very non-homophobic way, but it's the perfect word to describe it) in every panel.

Although if I made a comic and showed you, the humor will definitely be more tasteful than VGCats, despite my lack of ability to draw. But honestly, I really don't have the time to such things. The closest I've ever done with comics is a sprite comic a long long looooong time ago that I dropped due to lack of interest.
I dunno man, you have your opinion if you want. All I can say is, VGCats is doing something right if they're still around and as popular as they are (were?).

There's a difference between "I don't find this funny. It doesn't fit my sense of humor." and "This isn't funny by my standards. It is therefore, ****."

You were the latter.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If you don't like it, go away. It stands in the character specific room topics, it stands in this one too.

Good to see an actual funny VG cats. Been sliding for a while. Love the line at the end.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I dunno man, you have your opinion if you want. All I can say is, VGCats is doing something right if they're still around and as popular as they are (were?).
Say that to terrible and undeserving popular properties like Naruto or Final Fantasy VII.
There's a difference between "I don't find this funny. It doesn't fit my sense of humor." and "This isn't funny by my standards. It is therefore, ****."

You were the latter.
Exactly, as I'm always right.
If you don't like it, go away. It stands in the character specific room topics, it stands in this one too.

Good to see an actual funny VG cats. Been sliding for a while. Love the line at the end.
Of course! I mean, really, even though the whole point of forum is to discuss something and share facts and opinions regarding it, you can't do that here! Oh, no sir!

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
While I couldn't agree more, FFVII and Naruto ARE doing something right. What it is, I can't figure out though.
They're appealing to foolish youngsters and inexperienced people with no tastes, which makes up a majority of existence. That is the reason.
Obviously you have never heard of satire, have you? They poke fun at just about everything.

Wow, I'm shocked! I never knew that!

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
They're appealing to foolish youngsters and inexperienced people with no tastes, which makes up a majority of existence. That is the reason.
You could stop being an *** for a moment and realize what you've just said. Yeah, the majority of existence is ********. Fact. And VGCats and the like MARKET THEMSELVES FOR THOSE ******** PEOPLE!! Therefore, they're all doing something right by KNOWING THEIR CUSTOMERS!

Also, you're being way too defensive and self-righteous this late at night. Call off the tirade and chill out.

Snafu

Smash Cadet
That was not funny. VG Cats isn't funny at all. Their sense of humor is just pathetic IN MY OPINION
Fixed.

You're generalising from self, like saying "I don't watch cartoons, so why do they make them, when nobody's watching?" There are other people in the world, some of whom happen to enjoy VGCats, so don't state your opinion as fact.

Personally, I find it hit-or-miss, although this was definitely one of the better ones.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
You could stop being an *** for a moment and realize what you've just said. Yeah, the majority of existence is ********. Fact. And VGCats and the like MARKET THEMSELVES FOR THOSE ******** PEOPLE!! Therefore, they're all doing something right by KNOWING THEIR CUSTOMERS!
And hence, people who enjoy it are ******** according to this? Well I'll be-!
Also, you're being way too defensive and self-righteous this late at night. Call off the tirade and chill out.
I refuse.
Man....sheesh....

^^You should pay a visit to this town, and you should do it often. Yup yup.
I have a sense of humor, one that is perfect and 100% correct. It says VGCats is very unfunny and idiotic.
You're generalising from self, like saying "I don't watch cartoons, so why do they make them, when nobody's watching?" There are other people in the world, some of whom happen to enjoy VGCats, so don't state your opinion as fact.
Yes and according to Xarius those people are the ones who are mentally ********.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
I can't deal with people like you Luke Groundwalker. You're somethin' else...

Enjoy your sense of humor, if you can find anything you actually think is funny. I'm out.

spindash

Smash Ace
Oho. Wow; I'm sorry, Luke ol' boy. I couldn't hear you up on your high horse in the clouds of egotism. Mind coming down here so that you can actually listen for one second?

Don't want to? Too bad.

There's a difference between disliking something and disliking something and then proceeding afterwards to just act like you're Mr. 3,000. You don't have to enjoy it, but you don't need to try and act like some snobbish troll who kept on sucking on her mom's tit for too long; pardon the insult.

You're not 100% right. Your humor varies just like everyone else's. Deal with it already, chill out, take a nap or two, and then come back here when you're ready to stop playing, "Million Dollar Man".

Thanks and g'bye~! Like Xarias said. Enjoy your sense of humor; now stop purposely picking fights.

---

Side note, this comic amused me greatly. :D Definitely not the best one they've made, but definitely a contender. X3 Pit sold it for me.

CreamPuffDoom

Smash Apprentice
heh. Cute. Kirby was cute and the comic was funny.

You know, I like VGCats, but I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
This is not funny. I'm not funny at all. My sense of humor is just pathetic.
* Fixed *

And I think you really didn't get the humor in that. See, they were talking about Brawl getting delayed, while it's a given fact that web comic artists are lazy as hell, and therefore never stick to their own schedule.

The real capn falcon would have kneed through the door, punched mario, and then made zero suit samus show some moves of her own. upstairs.
If I wasn't half brain-dead at the moment, this would make me laugh and make me vomit uncontrollably at the same time. But it did make me laugh though.

True Fool

Smash Ace
That was better than what they have been for a while. But I don't think I'll ever get my faith back in them. And I hate ctrl+alt+del and Penny Arcade. All web comics aside from PBF have let me down.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Groundwalker is right though. However, Cap'n Falcon's face is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom