• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Less-than-likely Pokemon Reps Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No we have Mamoswine for that. I want a giant *** African Elephant like Pokemon.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I always liked playing as Pichu. But regardless, no one else from Generation 2 seems all that likely, which was more the point of my selection of him.

peeup

Smash Lord
What if an alternate costume for Ice Climbers was them wearing Plusle+Minun outfits?

Conversely, what if an alternate costume for Pikachu was him wearing a Pichu outfit, wearing a Raichu outfit, wearing a Raikou outfit, wearing a Goku outfit?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Don't the gen II starters have a slightly better chance? Feraligatr, for example.

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If they're gonna change the Pokemon Trainer's starters I think the X and Y starters would be most likely. And there's a reason they stuck with Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard, so I think they'll keep it that way.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
And Charizard and Squirtle are amongst the most popular Pokemon ever. I don't want them cut. And Ivysaur, well, it's a very unique addition I feel!

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
*sighs* It was within the confines of a Generation II representative, not a Pokemon representative as a whole. As with Pichu. I don't think they'll change the Pokemon Pokemon Trainer uses anytime soon. I also don't think they'd ever do a starter on it's own, hence why I rated Pichu higher than the starters (that and it was playable at least). If Charizard wasn't by itself, I doubt any of the others will be (especially from Generation 2).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In times like this I feel compelled to speak of the hypothetical awesomeness of :105: .

Femur/Club user, bludgeoning and savage moves. Light weight and small, but holds his own in a fight.

C'mon, the guy's awesome. He's one of my borderline never-gonna-happen Smash hopes. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Only if it was the Ghost Marowak. :troll:

Well, she DOES have some plot significance...:awesome:

Taunt: "Get out.....get out...."

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@Diddy
You posted about Blastoise at the right place. He's less than likely. :troll:
BUT I support him as a Pokéball Pokémon.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh oh no that's not the reason I posted him...

He's... watering the flowers. :c You know, Roserade and that other Grass Pokemon quoted above me.

Poor Blastoise. Who's to say Squirtle won't evolve? Bet ya he was holding an EXP Share in Brawl. :awesome:

:009:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh oh no that's not the reason I posted him...

He's... watering the flowers. :c You know, Roserade and that other Grass Pokemon quoted above me.

Poor Blastoise. Who's to say Squirtle won't evolve? Bet ya he was holding an EXP Share in Brawl. :awesome:

:009:
Diddy...I'm sorry to say this, but...Meloetta isn't a Grass-Type. I-I'm sorry, but it's true. Blastoise may have just drowned her...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Groudon is my favorite flame type, Meloetta is my favorite plant type, and Dragonair is my favorite liquid type. :troll:

Also regarding to this topic, I would personally like Honchkrow. That is one of my favorite Pokemon to use, and it has that coolness factor due to it's traits of being a mafia boss.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Meowth only or Team Rocket with Meowth/Arbok team and Meowth/Weezing team would be nice. I wish I felt confident about Meowth's chances like I do about Mewtwo's, Zoroark's, and even Pokemon Trainer Gold's... :c

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Arcadenik, I'd wonder what characters you would put on the roster if it had no limit.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
also there is a e missing, and Mewtwo has an extra w

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Arcadenik, I'd wonder what characters you would put on the roster if it had no limit.
No limit?

1st gen: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Pokemon Trainer Red, Team Rocket
2nd gen: Pichu, Pokemon Trainer Gold
3rd gen: Plusle & Minun, Deoxys, Pokemon Trainer May
4th gen: Lucario, Pokemon Trainer Dawn
5th gen: Zoroark, Genesect, Pokemon Trainer Hilbert

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
No limit?

1st gen: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Pokemon Trainer Red, Team Rocket
2nd gen: Pichu, Pokemon Trainer Gold
3rd gen: Plusle & Minun, Deoxys, Pokemon Trainer May
4th gen: Lucario, Pokemon Trainer Dawn
5th gen: Zoroark, Genesect, Pokemon Trainer Hilbert
Add Gardevoir (for me) and Blastoise (for Diddy) to the list. :awesome:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Blaziken and Blastoise. Despite the fact that I like Charizard(both in Pokemon and in Smash)Blaziken is too good to pass up. and For Blastoise, well why not? It could work. Maybe the other two Fire/Fighters(Infernape and Emboar), Sceptile, Feraligatr, and maybe even Typhlosion could all work. Outside of starters, Tyranitar, Ampharos, or Dragonite would be cool.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Two Trainers.

1 (Male) - Charizard, Donphan, Mudkip
2 (Female) - Lucario, Zoroark, Fennekin

Mewtwo
Pikachu

All gens represented. Problem solved.

dins.fire

Smash Rookie
I always thought to represent each generation it should be:
1. Pikachu and Jiggly puff (And also Mewtwo but I suppose that's too many)
2. Johto trainer: Chikorita, Quilava and Feraligatr (the three pokemon are up for debate)
3. Plusle and Minun (Idk I just think they're neat ;))
4. Lucario
5. Zoroark

But now that generation 6 is coming out I don;t know what to think anymore

CalumG

Smash Lord
In terms of who would be an interesting character within the mechanics of the Smash universe, I'd have to go with Suicune. As one of the few characters to be able to viably pull off moves using the water mechanic, the freezing mechanic and the ability to manipulate the push/pull wind mechanic, Suicune would definitely fill a niche spot in the roster, in terms of diverse playstyles. Add in the fact that Suicune would be one of the only characters in the roster to be on all-fours, and would probably have good horizontal movement but poor vertical movement, and Suicune suddenly starts looking like a quite interesting addition to the Smash cast.

Then there's the fact that Suicune was a major plot point in Crystal, HeartGold and SoulSilver, appeared in both Melee and Brawl with a different Pokeball move in each, and had significance in more than one Pokemon film. I'm not saying Suicune should be in Smash 4 - but if there was to be a second generation rep of any kind, I'd definitely deem Suicune the most fitting for the job.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Suicune should definitely have Mirror Coat though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom