• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Less-than-likely Pokemon Reps Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I would rather have that instead of a clone of the Pokemon Trainer we already have, just with crappier Pokemon.

:phone:
The way that I, and others on this forum, see N as, is a summoner! Like he summons a pokemon he used in the games with every move. God knows it's better than Sigilyph. Anyway, you said you didn't want a clone of the pokemon trainer, just with crappier pokemon. That is PRECISELY what you have! You have a character, who you do not control yourself, which you control 3 pokemon, and that you switch through the pokemon with down B. What, because they aren't starters he's not a clone?

Reyson

Smash Journeyman

Doesn't change the fact that a fish to octopus evolution is ridiculous. Darwin would turn over in his grave. :laugh:

Nothing against Octillery though. I still like that line more than the Finneon -> Lumineon one and dumb ol' Basculin. :smirk:
Makes as much sense as Charmander/Charmeleon suddenly growing two extra limbs.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I stand by the fact that nothing is a ridiculous as a Pokemon literally losing its backbone. It's like devolution. :smirk:
Good point though, Opossum. It's a very strange way to go about it, but I can what they were trying to do now.

However, looking for logic in Pokemon is a relatively pointless endeavour so I concede that a decent amount of evolutions make very little sense (though if they end in a Charizard I don't complain :awesome:).

peeup

Smash Lord
Only pokemon I'd wanna see other than Mewtwo would be a 6 pokemon baton pass team. Not sure how it would work or who would be on it, but that'd be diggity dope yo.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's the N thread for the moveset and discussion so far

Click here

jigglover

Smash Lord
I stand by the fact that nothing is a ridiculous as a Pokemon literally losing its backbone. It's like devolution. :smirk:
Good point though, Opossum. It's a very strange way to go about it, but I can what they were trying to do now.

However, looking for logic in Pokemon is a relatively pointless endeavour so I concede that a decent amount of evolutions make very little sense (though if they end in a Charizard I don't complain :awesome:).
That's true. Looking for logic in Pokemon is like looking for a needle in a haystack... but you left the needle at home!

AlsoBort

Smash Rookie
How about Rotom? I think he seems like a very cool choice but no one seems to have discussed him before

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Throwing this here from the Social Roster Discussion Thread.

I've seen demands for some PKMN Champions to be playables, like Cynthia. Now I started to think of Iris-(I guess everyone should be knowing already she's the champion in BW2) I wonder how it'd turn out if she was actually looked on to be playable (if looking for a 5th Gen Trainer rep), and if so, could they try to mix her anime counterpart's "Action Girl" moves and using her Pokemon. Maybe she'd be actually fighting on-stage? She'd use her Pokemon like Yugi did with his cards in Jump Super Star-series and maybe deliver her own attacks as the weak ones (I mean, I was quite amazed that she tried to kick Drilbur's *** when she was little, something that the anime does very seldomly. PokeSpecial is of course used on this but yeah.)
I think her factors that drive her on is her significant roles in the 5th Gen-games (though less-to-it in B&W) and her popularity due the anime. (-l´l)

I'm not trying to be serious here but it just came as quite interesting thought because she'd be maybe different compared to most Trainer-reps being suggested, if they'd make her actually fight on stage. What you think of her being the next "unexpected rep" for Pokemon-series?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When you said "Pokemon Champion" I was thinking along the lines of digivolution...

Charmander digivoled into champion! Charmeleon!

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Please, please take baby Kanghaskan off the list! Unless you want to completely lose credit. He is not playable. Not an actual character. A child version of a pokemon that doesn't evolve - he isn't even a pre-evolution!
This was a joke.:glare:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I don't think of Octillery as a cannon. I think of it as 8 Arboks.:223::224:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
It makes a little more sense if you're thinking of a gun turning into a cannon. That's how I've seen it anyway.
You know, throughout my whole entire life of growing up with pokemon, this is my first time noticing this. Hahaha. It does look like a gun turning into a cannon, doesn't it? I kinda like the abstract/symbolism idea in the evolution. It would be funny if Remoraid made it in as a pokeball and the summoner would hold it like a gun, firing Water Gun attacks.

Anyway, unlikely, but I guess I'd love to see Meloetta as a rep. Imo, transforming into the different forms, Aria and Pirouette, would contrast well with eachother, if that makes any sense.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Well Meowth was planned for Smash64 but them days of the anime of jiggly and meowth being very popular are over so if meowth didnt make it in im certain he never will.

come to think of it was proberly a choice of jiggly or meowth back then and jiggly won and has stayed with us since i think if meowth won he would have been with us since instead.

kinda afraid thing with mew2 too..Sakurai might think them days are long gone of mew2 being super popular and he is right them dayz are gone so he might think his times gone no need for him now..

although ofc mew2 wil alwayz be cool and popular to fans he is and alwayz will be a classic/legend PKMN ppl wont forget.

someone mentioned Raichu? i think it is a freaking awsome idea and he could secretly have more of a chance then we know! i would perfer him over Pichu anyday.

but is it really gonna be Pikachu/Jigglypuff/Mewtwo/Zoroak/PKMN Trainer? Hmmm to much..im kinda skeptical in the future of PKMN Chars in this smash..

i wish they keep charizard as a char and scrap PKMN Trainer [defenetly wont happen]

i highly doubt Mewtwo and Zoroak will both make it in..

What i want it to be:
Pikachu/Jiggly/Mew2/Zoroak

what i think it will be: Pikachu/Jiggly/PKMN Trainer/Zoroak or Mew2 leaning towards Zoroak more from a realistic stand point not personal.

we all want krool/ridley/mew2 all in but i SERIOUSLY DOUBTTT IT...looking at things realisticly..no way in hell are all them 3 getting in..either way ofc ppl are gonna be butthurt..

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
sorry for the double post but just a frigging AWSOMEEE IDEAAA that no one can denie of not being awsome.

well since brawl paved the way/opened up smash for flying chars..

i know mew2/Zoroak/Lucario/Charizard is awsome but god DAMNNN! give us.

drum roll plz...
budd dummm.

DRAGONITE!!

D

Deleted member

"Well Meowth was planned for Smash64"

This has yet to proven to this day other than word of mouth.

The only ones we know were planned are Bowser, Mewtwo, and Dedede, as they are mentioned as such underneath Sakurai's pre-Melee poll.

Rocky505

Smash Rookie
I don't think we'll get Zoroark. 6th is possibly coming out next year, and I doubt smash4 would be out before then. If we get a new pokemon in the genesect movie then it might end up being it.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Pokemon Evolutionary Character

All these ideas of new characters got me thinking about a cool concept for a new Pokemon character.

Kind of like Pokemon Trainer where you have three different Pokemon to play as, but the gimmick is that the more damage you inflict/take the more your character grows. And it gets to the point where it evolves to the next stage.

But when you die you go back to the first evolutionary stage. You need to work your way up. The final stage would be stronger, but since your health is already a high percentage you need to play carefully to keep it.

Say Machop for example, after x amount of damage taken and damage given it evolves into Machoke. Machoke becomes much stronger but speed lowers. And then even more damage results in evolving to Machamp which is very strong but pretty slow.

Just an idea to try to incorporate sort of a traditional Pokemon evolution method into a character.

Anyone have any better ideas for a 3-staged evolution Pokemon that would fit?
Machop was the first that came to mind.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Kinda similar to Lucario's aura mechanic.
But more importantly, Pokémon would be grossly overrepresented. They won't make a 9in1 char.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think he means just one Pokemon that would evolve through the stages of evolution. Not 3 pokemon evolving

TheCreator

Smash Lord
What would that pokemon be? I can't think of a 3 stage pokemon that could get into smash on his own account

Isprayaxe

Smash Apprentice
It's a good idea but i think it would take too much time to create 3 characters just for one real character. It would be kind of a waste creating a whole moveset for the pokemon when you only use it 1/3 of the time

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Machop is the only Pokemon I could think of that has 3 evolutions that could have pretty similar moves... But I don't think they're iconic enough to be a representative in Smash.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Gardevoir is decently popular from what I can tell, so that could be a possibility I suppose. Honestly barring that or a starter (which would be weird to me) I can't think of any. Most of the popular are Legendaries after all. It'd be a neat idea, but PT switching between different stages of different Pokemon is probably the closest we get. I do think that it wouldn't have to be different movesets with each, just different properties of the same moves.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Another thing, what would/should be the amount of damage that would cause the transformation?
There's no health bar.
And its definitely not 1/3 of 999%

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I'd say 33% inflicted or received per increase. Maybe a smidge more, but it's a hard balance to find. Perhaps making it inflicted is better though. It encourages playing better as opposed to just receiving damage like Lucario.

And I don't think a pseudo would work well, but would work better than most options, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom