• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Learn how to earn your wings! A pit video critique thread :)

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I'm actually starting to think that Lylat could be Pit's best neutral >_< It has platforms so pit can camp, and then the tilt helps him out w/ killing because he can be in bair sweetspot position even on small characters from a SH. It seems that characters have a harder time cg'ing us on the stage because of the tilt.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I'm actually starting to think that Lylat could be Pit's best neutral >_< It has platforms so pit can camp, and then the tilt helps him out w/ killing because he can be in bair sweetspot position even on small characters from a SH. It seems that characters have a harder time cg'ing us on the stage because of the tilt.
Yup after lots of experimentation with it i really love lylat now :)

And Frigate Orpheon.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I like to keep it simple smashville or FD for most characters. Sometimes on lylat we don't sweetspot the ledge with woi because it tilts and can get gimped that way. Certain characters that may suffer from lylat like Diddy, Space Animals, Snake might be good.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
also it is a bad stage for tl not to mention it's the only stage with a ledge we can go uair farther under the ledge to hit people like MK who stand back to abuse their range. it's also great because i found out the other day (im sure others knew this tho) that if you stand on the little bumps on either side, you get the slanted dtilt which means we have the range boost and anti air boost against kirby and wario. it's a great stage for us (the tilt messing with WOI can be accounted for if you watch the stage) but i think most of us don't abuse it enough. im personally going to be practicing here more too.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Yo guys. Here is a old match of me versus Inter a snake mainer. I forgot this battle. I think I played well but I want to know what you think about that.
ps : I starting getting tired of pit I need motivation lets try to find ATs or something like that ~
ps2: bad english, sorry !

Here is the match :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-U8u6W1PdA&feature=related
Yassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Just airdodging to the ground near snake is a bad idea. Also woi on the ledge pushes grenandes closer to snake so you could have done that. Nice dthrow reads.

Yass

Smash Cadet
Lol luckay when I did Woi on the ledge Inter used to take the grenade and run in my direction. When your opponent knows this trick I think we should avoid to use it

Yass

Smash Cadet
I disagree, if he does that you can just jump away from the ledge and shoot arrows at his shield for pressure.

:phone:
You didnt understand. He takes the nade and stay close of the edge. It means if I leave the ledge to jump or shooting arrow I'm vulnerable and so if the nade explodes it may touch me

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
just do 2-3 WOIs on the ledge. one to push the nade away. and then 1 or 2 to push him away if he grabs the nade and gets close. you stay invincible if you do it fast enough so really there is no reason not to. i do this against ultimate razer when he does it on occasion and it works for me. or you can do what me and esca would do in that situation if we feel pressured enough too, fly under the stage to the other side and then go from there.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Except you're wrong abel, stay out of serious discussion please.

Yass, if he is close enough on the edge that you think he would hit you then you could just drop and fly under like maharba said. Nonetheless you shouldn't drop something completely, use it sometimes but not all the time so he is never sure what your reaction to said situation is.

Yass

Smash Cadet
Except you're wrong abel, stay out of serious discussion please.

Yass, if he is close enough on the edge that you think he would hit you then you could just drop and fly under like maharba said. Nonetheless you shouldn't drop something completely, use it sometimes but not all the time so he is never sure what your reaction to said situation is.
Of course I agree. Maybe it would be usefull in other battle. But in this one I didn't think it would help me.
It depends on the situation and opponent I think

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
could use more dtilt and sh dair if you approach as a mix up with jab, ftilt, and grab. also, punish his laggy moves with arrows, just be sure that he can't bucket them when you do. but tbh that g&w couldn't di/bucket brake worth crap from what i saw.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
could use more dtilt and sh dair if you approach as a mix up with jab, ftilt, and grab. also, punish his laggy moves with arrows, just be sure that he can't bucket them when you do. but tbh that g&w couldn't di/bucket brake worth crap from what i saw.
Nah, he can DI/bucket brake, lol. In friendlies, I don't think he was trying as hard to DI/ live longer because I've seen him do it before, and then I helped him figure out that he can dair while Pit is recovering from below :( idk how to beat that yet.

& Yass, your Pit is very good lol-I knew Pit could arrow loop from the top of the stage and use them to shield him as he lands! Thanks for demonstrating, and you have good use of your ATs and speed/d-throw traps.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Nah, he can DI/bucket brake, lol. In friendlies, I don't think he was trying as hard to DI/ live longer because I've seen him do it before, and then I helped him figure out that he can dair while Pit is recovering from below :( idk how to beat that yet.

& Yass, your Pit is very good lol-I knew Pit could arrow loop from the top of the stage and use them to shield him as he lands! Thanks for demonstrating, and you have good use of your ATs and speed/d-throw traps.
That shouldn't work too many times tbh. Just be smarter w/your jumps and glide and you should almost never get gimped by dair or fair for that matter.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
You use Dair @ incorrect times, you wiff too many smashes, and you don't use enough arrows vs Marth. Good things I saw were your wing tricks, and you seem to have decent enough spacing.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
luckay im just gonna critique your falco match atm

for the first 2 matches, the first especially, you would give in to lazers and approach. do not EVER do that, you need to be the more patient one this mu the ENTIRE game, never ever give in to lazers, because they are just one mirror shield away from useless.

also, just so that you don't eat reflected arrows at the beginning, literally always start this match by full hopping arrows angled down at him, it dodges shdl and reflected arrows. other than that, not enough AR to stop dat phantasm and lazers

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
usmash oos should work when Marth full hop fairs unless the spacing is on point. Watch for Marth's phantom lag when he recovers because we can punish his landing with dsmash which is a better punish than fsmash imo since we save fsmash for killing and people can sdi fsmash if they have good predictions.

Zulo

Smash Ace
One thing I noticed, he was able to DI behind you sometimes when you fsmashed from close up. You can avoid this, or at least make it a lot harder, if you stutter step backwards fsmash.

Also when a Marth is hanging on the edge, you shouldn't go after him like you did at 3:22. Marth is easier to punish coming back on the stage.

Overall nice match though.

Top Bottom