• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Learn How To Be A Master Tactician With Robin

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
I think my biggest hurdle with Robin was utilizing the discarded weapons... which, besides juggling them, I've little clue on the best methods.

now I have some new ideas thanks to this... now if only I can easily keep track of how many uses left...

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Front throw(offstage)+ Thoron= can be guaranteed combo. Sometime...
Just saying. I call it thoran and works better in 100% or 120% not higher or less.

I tested with Mario and sometime can do true combos. Is like hoo-haa but with thoron. So I name it Thoran.

Sn0wman

Smash Rookie
Robin certainly has more than a few tricks up his/her sleeve. I hardly ever get to go up against a Robin player online so I don't know what to do against him/her... Most times I get wrecked >.<

42nd

Smash Cadet
I like robin. Now Jigglypuff isnt the slowest character <3

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Robin is one of my favorite characters, so this was really fun, entertaining, and informative.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I think my biggest hurdle with Robin was utilizing the discarded weapons... which, besides juggling them, I've little clue on the best methods.

now I have some new ideas thanks to this... now if only I can easily keep track of how many uses left...
If you having problems in couting how many uses a tome or Levin sword has left, just pay attention to see if it's blinking.
Once you see a tome blinking, just be extra wary, as Robin is going to discard it on the next 1 or 2 uses.
Elwind, in particular, if you see it blinking, use up the rest of it asap to throw a book and let your recovery regenerate. I found it safer than trying to get back to ledge with a almost discarded book, since Elwind regenerates relatively quick.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
This video is just fantastic.

Also, that ending.

Last edited:

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
One thing they missed, ledge El Wind, and the properties of El Wind.

El Wind (the up B for those unknowing) knocks the opponent behind you, always. So if you use it off stage the opposite direction of the stage, you'll get some stage spikes. Also, if you go by the edge close enough, you can make just the first hit of El Wind hit the stage, and move slight over causing the 2nd hit to go downward (only in certain situations), allowing you to get stage spikes easier. Only the 2nd hit launches them behind you, which is all you'll be needing for this type of mix up.

:4robinf: :4robinm:

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
The cheese of the narration almost stopped me from watching the video. But great guide overall! Very "tactical".

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
One thing they missed, ledge El Wind, and the properties of El Wind.

El Wind (the up B for those unknowing) knocks the opponent behind you, always. So if you use it off stage the opposite direction of the stage, you'll get some stage spikes. Also, if you go by the edge close enough, you can make just the first hit of El Wind hit the stage, and move slight over causing the 2nd hit to go downward (only in certain situations), allowing you to get stage spikes easier. Only the 2nd hit launches them behind you, which is all you'll be needing for this type of mix up.

:4robinf: :4robinm:
Should also be noted that the first hit of elwind will also hit any vulnerable ledgehangers. So trump that ledge and get up-B spiking!
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*~THE MORE YOU KNOW!.:*☆

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
Should also be noted that the first hit of elwind will also hit any vulnerable ledgehangers. So trump that ledge and get up-B spiking!
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*~THE MORE YOU KNOW!.:*☆
Indeed Conn, that also works!

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I just noticed it too, but this guy had already made another tutorial vid for Robin, even if not as funny as this one.

It's a good vid for beginners, though, even if it still lacks that info about Elwind and some other stuff.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Heh, I mained Robin right from the outset and I regularly utilize half of these "tactics." Or a quarter-half? A full quarter?

I actually learned a lot more about Robin through this tutorial though. There's more inventive ways to use him and it makes some of his riskier maneuvers easier to set up (now if only I could land more Elwind spikes and that Levin Down Air.)

Oh, and for the Bronze Sword, I find that Neutral Air is a very underrated, versatile tool. It's low windup & cooldown make great chain combos to push your opponent back if you hit the first strike right before touching the ground. Combos great into tilts and smashes too. You could also calculate hitting with the second slash if you're intuitive enough. Though this can be countered easily by a good reader.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Lucina: "What are you? Proficiency E? We can afford a Silver Sword now and again...[cheap b**ch]..."

O_O

oh my god Lucina XD

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
As great as this is, do we really need a daily character tutorial on the front page of Smashboards? Front page "news" is supposed to appeal to everyone, not just mains to a certain character. Don't think I'm hating on this article; There have been more tutorials that are front page news.

But I really do like the style this video is in.

LOL UR SO COOL DUDE ITS NOT LIKE YOU HAVE 4 EASY CHANCES EVERY DAY TO DO THAT
It doesn't appeal to mains of a certain character, as many mains already know this stuff. It appeals to people who might want to pick up the character. In addition, these things are good to know even if you're not maining that character as it'll help you face them.
That said, good video. I didn't learn, but this a great video about some things Robin can do that people only familiar with her fundamentals should check out. Only problem I have with it is the several grammatical errors, but that's minor.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
This is pretty good! This will definatly come in handy as I main the great Robin!

*MaskO' Gained Skill Level B!*

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
This is a really good guide. Even as someone who doesn't play the character, I was entertained and learned a lot. Also some of that stuff is crazy good!

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
This is a VERY great Robin guide. Being an intermediate Robin player mineself, I already knew about most of these techniques. Nevertheless, it did help me improve even more.

Though, there is one thing the guide neglected to mention: If you have a hard time keeping count, you can tell how many uses your tome or Levin Sword has left just by looking at it. If it's blinking, that means its about to break.

Also, concerning the Thunder tome: When fresh, the Thunder Tome breaks after...
20 Thunders.
7 Elthunders.
4 Arc Thunders
3 Thorons

If you used Thoron 2 times, divide 3 by 20, subtract the answer by the remainder, and that is how many more regular Thunders you can use. And so on.

Last edited:

Takezo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
TAISH0U
This outta be the best thing ive ever seen. Im not even a Robin main or have i ever played robin. I applaud the maker of this video.^^

Maybe i'll give Robin a try or too:-)

AustinRC

Smash Lord
This is a VERY great Robin guide. Being an intermediate Robin player mineself, I already knew about most of these techniques. Nevertheless, it did help me improve even more.

Though, there is one thing the guide neglected to mention: If you have a hard time keeping count, you can tell how many uses your tome or Levin Sword has left just by looking at it. If it's blinking, that means its about to break.

Also, concerning the Thunder tome: When fresh, the Thunder Tome breaks after...
20 Thunders.
7 Elthunders.
4 Arc Thunders
3 Thorons

If you used Thoron 2 times, divide 3 by 20, subtract the answer by the remainder, and that is how many more regular Thunders you can use. And so on.

Ah yeah, we covered that in our previous robin video! Probably should have left a link to it. :p Oh well.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Why do all the weebs use only girl Robin?
1. Male Robin's VA is awful
2. More Female representation in Sm4sh
3. I personally use Female Robin because I started with Female Robin in FE;A because I thought ChromxRobin seemed like the most legitimate pairing.

countchrisdo

Smash Rookie
NNID
countchrisdo
1. Male Robin's VA is awful
2. More Female representation in Sm4sh
3. I personally use Female Robin because I started with Female Robin in FE;A because I thought ChromxRobin seemed like the most legitimate pairing.
I like his VA :/

but I still prefer playing as Fem Robin

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Let your bro see. Then when he takes his game to higher levels you can start taking your game even higher too!
Uh...maybe... but how he fights is just so not like a pro but he still wins often. Is this my problem or his problem? Probably my problem....

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
Throwing stuff is fun! LMFAO.

Anyway, it should have ended with Lucina saying ''Okay, now its my turn to try!'' teasing a Lucina video, and then Robin just running away saying 'Nopenopenopenopenopenop'.

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
As great as this is, do we really need a daily character tutorial on the front page of Smashboards? Front page "news" is supposed to appeal to everyone, not just mains to a certain character. Don't think I'm hating on this article; There have been more tutorials that are front page news.

But I really do like the style this video is in.

LOL UR SO COOL DUDE ITS NOT LIKE YOU HAVE 4 EASY CHANCES EVERY DAY TO DO THAT
What? What are you even talking about? You can still use Robin without Robin being your main. lmfao

CamJamSlamMan

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cam_TriforceMan
3DS FC
4811-6936-8465
As a huge Fire Emblem Awakening fan, the little bits of dialogue in-between gave me a good chuckle. And the skills gone over were some pretty good info for someone like myself who's been interested in taking up Robin as a main since he/she was revealed but hasn't been able to make much use of some more advanced techs just yet.

Top Bottom