• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I don't play ranked on that account anymore

My Zed page is AD reds and purples armour yellows and mr blues, the most commonly used Zed page in Plat+

I don't even remember that rune page he linked, must've made that like a year ago. I have 9 pages I think so some haven't been changed in awhile.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I just run generic runes on nearly everyone. Flat armor/mr, ad/ap, a few with Ms quints, or with pen, or with scaling mr. The only ones I really do different is for some supports I run ad red gp10 quint and flats, naut I run some attack speed reds, and ziggs is ap+pen+9 scaling cdr blues

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Weird, my zed page is 9 ad 2 ad quint 1 attack speed quint 9 armor and 6 scaling cdr with 3 scaling mr
It's pretty much my riven page too.
Well at least you don't take armour pen on Zed

I used to take flat CDR (I don't like scaling CDR because CDR is more important early for laning combos and getting your ult back off CD when the CD is still decently long). But now I take MR because I feel it's way better for laning.

I have no idea how you're surviving Leblanc or Annie burst at level 6 without MR. Are you rushing hex or something?

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I don't think gp10 quints or yellows have been relevant since S3.
Lol gp quints

Don't think anyone ever took gp yellows, imagine having no amour against an ADC lol

Man I miss S3, assassin meta was the best meta IMO. You were punised for your mistakes, it took skill to carry and you couldn't just pick hypercarries to turtle.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
I just wanted to let you know that you are missing an armor yellow since you had full armor yellows on all the other pages...

Last edited:

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
incarnation is going to be better than bjerg by the end of the season, calling it now.
I hope so, C9 is a solid organization and having Meteos shotcall is a solid move. LemmonNation is still there for picks and bans so the team should be fine although missing Hai will be awkward for the team at first.

My boys are disappointing me this season. Hopefully it's an "adjustment" issue, however at best I only see Gambit as being middle of the pack this season with Forg1ven.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I don't really have a favorite team but Gambit from EU is still the only team I care about after 2+ years while NA I haven't really had one.
Though I do kinda want C9 and CLG to just be above TSM, fav members from those two being Sneakers meteos n Moo from the teams.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I was a Curse fan so Team Liquid now. I also love Gravity for obv reasons so those are my personal top 2, my fav player was Cop before he retired but my current favorites (who all 3 just happen to be in Team Liquid atm) are Quas (I loved his crazy picks and how solid he is), Piglett (back in the season 2 finals days which was the first big tournament I watched, as an aspiring ADC player, I studied Piglett and I grew to love him), and Dom (basically every time I wanted to pick up a jungler for solo queue, he'd literally play it that same week, and I love hearing people complain about his voice cuz I dont mind it lol). After that, TSM > C9 >>>>> T8 > dont care.

Dont really care about EU, only team I really ever liked was Millenium cuz of Creaton and Kerp but theyre out now, if I watch EU I usually just cheer for Unicorns like everyone else cuz theyre ****ing ridiculous and PoE is really fun to watch. I want to like Forgiven but his complete lack of a champion pool turns me off of him, wish he'd just stop being so stubborn and learn how to play something aside from Lucian/Graves/Cait.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
If you're support and no one else on your team is buying vision, what's the general rule for where you put your wards when dragon or baron isn't being contested. Is it better to spread your wards across both sides of the river/jungle so you have a bit of vision across the board, or is it better to concentrade all 3 wards in one side of the jungle so you can see everything there.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Its better to place them for example in flanking routes leading to the next turret you want to get or something. Use the vision to keep an eye on anyone coming to stop your objective pushes/rotations, just warding up river doesnt really offer you any helpful information usually.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Thanks

This is probably a difficult question, but what champ do you think is the best for winning lane when you get ganked 5-6 times, snowballing other lanes and then is really good lategame for taking objectives by themelves/carrying teamfights if their team doesn't listen to them

Best thing I've come up with so far is Jax

Last edited:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
If you're snowballing other lanes, then you have no need to take objectives/carry teamfights by yourself. With that said, Lulu is a good champion for surviving lots of ganks, and is fairly good for snowballing other lanes, not to mention her Ult helps a lot in teamfights.

:059:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
If you're snowballing other lanes, then you have no need to take objectives/carry teamfights by yourself. With that said, Lulu is a good champion for surviving lots of ganks, and is fairly good for snowballing other lanes, not to mention her Ult helps a lot in teamfights.

:059:
You have to remember I have Bronze MMR now, so no one understands objectives and won't listen to your calls most of the time. This isn't like my actual Bronze account where 70% of my games are 4v5s or 0-4 lanes, I have decent luck in the laning phase on this account. Problem is I lose a lot of games because it goes into lategame and people don't listen to calls and throw. I figured if I play champs who are good late and take objectives by themselves I might alleviate some of those issues.

Lulu seems like a decent idea. Only problem I see is that she needs blue to constantly push mid in so she can roam, and mid rarely gets blue at this elo.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
You have to remember I have Bronze MMR now, so no one understands objectives and won't listen to your calls most of the time. This isn't like my actual Bronze account where 70% of my games are 4v5s or 0-4 lanes, I have decent luck in the laning phase on this account. Problem is I lose a lot of games because it goes into lategame and people don't listen to calls and throw. I figured if I play champs who are good late and take objectives by themselves I might alleviate some of those issues. Lulu seems like a decent idea. Only problem I see is that she needs blue to constantly push mid in so she can roam, and mid rarely gets blue at this elo.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Just play snowbally champs. Obv even if youre extremely fed you cant usually 1v5, but usually at least SOME of your teammates arent bad and/or want to win, and if youre fed on a snowbally champ, 3v5s and 4v5s are completely doable. Also, add in the fact that the enemy team is just as likely as yours to get toxic/bad players, you should win more than you lose if youre winning your lane and grouping with as many teammates as possible late game. Even with a 51% win rate you'll climb eventually unless youre in diamond 5

Last edited:
I don't really have a favorite team but Gambit from EU is still the only team I care about after 2+ years while NA I haven't really had one. Though I do kinda want C9 and CLG to just be above TSM, fav members from those two being Sneakers meteos n Moo from the teams.
To be honest it's not so much about "Gambit Gaming" as it used to be Moscow 5. If they ever roster change out Diamondprox or GoSu Pepper then I won't have any interest in the team given that Darien, Alex, and Genja have all moved on to other things in life or other teams. The fact that this was an entertaining team from even a non-professional perspective made them even more intriguing as a professional group. The fact that casters state that this was a group that introduced the idea of counter-jungling and trinity force builds into professional LCS fails to explain the fact that Diamondprox would aggressively 1 v. 1 the jungler and essentially steal half their camps afterwards almost as an act of disrespect. Genja would always be attempting to build Tears of the Goddess on any ADC he touched and even came up with ideas like using Kennen as an ADC using him in an IEM against TSM.

Although I love the players, I think that the organization has failed the players on many cases giving them inadequate supprot and basic services. Cabochard disclosed that for the first week of the Spring Split they had no internet and the coach only arrived on the second week. FORG1VEN on twitter made it known that the team again didn't have internet going into the split stating that "neutral results" were something that he would "hope" for this week.

I like C9 as an organization. I liked how the team was resistant to roster changes. I think deep down people liked how this felt like the closest thing we had to an American team that wasn't looking for the next superstar European mid laner that was coming off from a ban on EUW/OCE for toxicity. I liked how Hai was declining as an individual player, but the organization still wanted to stick with him as a player. I like how Hai supposedly still has a post-management career with the team as an ex-owner and I respect him for still pursuing his initial career choice despite him going through a collapsed lung. Jack did the right thing by keeping him this split. The team having a rough start and still ending up in second shows how dedicated the players and the management are in working with the cards present in order to impact the season rather than promising to change the entire roster around at the end of every split.

CLG on the other hand is arguably one of the worst League organizations. Going into their own subreddit will show how much drama there is among the team and management having little involvement. HotShotGG promised fans that there would be no more unrealistic expectations after fans became angry with the promises of a "Golden Age" however in the same interview with iBuyPower said that Worlds is a realistic possibility. Link's Google Document Letter trashing the team showed how serious the problems were when he blamed "the shot caller" for making the decision to team fight when he was the one who missed an easy Lissandra ultimate and has repeatedly choked in pressure situations i.e. play offs. Zion Spartan was supposedly bought out at a ridiculous price that the management doesn't share despite the interest from reporters and fans alike. The duo-mid setup is a laughable concept given how poorly they managed Link or failed to replace the position when it became obvious he lost interest in League to the point of being a high elo Hearthstone player.

Mind you we still don't have an explanation for CLG not picking into the Morgana when they had first pick as it arguably one of Aphromoo's strongest champions. Instead they repeatedly banned it due to bad scrim results (against C9) leading them to ban it repeatedly against Team Liquid in playoffs and played terribly with overall bad compositions lacking in hard engage & cc i.e. one game with Twisted Fate being the only primary engage potential essentially flashing in, gold carding someone out of position, and then using Zhonya's.

I was a Curse fan so Team Liquid now. I also love Gravity for obv reasons so those are my personal top 2, my fav player was Cop before he retired but my current favorites (who all 3 just happen to be in Team Liquid atm) are Quas (I loved his crazy picks and how solid he is), Piglett (back in the season 2 finals days which was the first big tournament I watched, as an aspiring ADC player, I studied Piglett and I grew to love him), and Dom (basically every time I wanted to pick up a jungler for solo queue, he'd literally play it that same week, and I love hearing people complain about his voice cuz I dont mind it lol). After that, TSM > C9 >>>>> T8 > dont care.

Dont really care about EU, only team I really ever liked was Millenium cuz of Creaton and Kerp but theyre out now, if I watch EU I usually just cheer for Unicorns like everyone else cuz theyre ****ing ridiculous and PoE is really fun to watch. I want to like Forgiven but his complete lack of a champion pool turns me off of him, wish he'd just stop being so stubborn and learn how to play something aside from Lucian/Graves/Cait.
The Liquid acquisition is interesting as the community essentially was a pro-Starcraft anti-League of Legends group since the Starcraft fanbase would BM LoL so bad about it being a no strategy game that the management actually reflected a lack of interest until seeing what a huge cash grab it was in getting income and sales. There's an interview about liquidxxx himself who is/was the owner of the team (no relation to Team Liquid ironically) and still owns a stake in the team after the transition and to me he is really interesting coming from a high profile career on Wall Street.

FORG1VEN's champion pool is a problem, however the fact that teams only really started doing this after the GE Tigers initiated this practice at IEM shows what a joke our pick and ban system was being used in the west. Literally the GE Tigers were the ones who revealed FORG1VEN's limitations blatantly and the other EU teams simply followed suit. The second problem is that Fox was supposedly a rising star and should have hard carried games that involved FORG1VEN being target banned. However, the fact that he would only sometimes carry essentially meant that FORG1VEN was really the only consistent carry on SK.

I think FORG1VEN is hilarious though and him and Edward supposedly have some of the most toxic personalities which will be hilarious to witness. FORG1VEN supposedly telling the other team that he's looking forward to nRated's retirement and Edward telling a Challenger team that he hopes they will make it into LCS so he can **** all over them.

Last edited:
If you're support and no one else on your team is buying vision, what's the general rule for where you put your wards when dragon or baron isn't being contested. Is it better to spread your wards across both sides of the river/jungle so you have a bit of vision across the board, or is it better to concentrade all 3 wards in one side of the jungle so you can see everything there.
I have a feeling you missed out big time on the dragon hit detection changes where you were able to pre-pink the dragon pit right underneath the dragon and watch people who weren't familiar attempt to clear the ward only to hit the dragon.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'm genuinely confused about what elo I belong in now. My Silver account has Bronze MMR and I can't seem to climb, despite my luck not being that bad. I have the odd game where I feed but most games I do pretty well KDA and lanewise. I'd be willing to accept that I deserve Bronze, but I was climbing in low gold elo before and I'm a much better player now.

I'm kind of last complaining about being held back, now I just genuinely don't know what elo I deserve to be in.

Lol

I used to play 5s with a supp who'd basically do the same thing but was more passive aggressive about it. Everyone bags ADC mains but supp mains are just as bad. I say that even though Bard is my most played champ in ranked this season.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Urgots OP man, I just had a game with him last night where I went 11/2/13, the enemy team had 3 tanks (Leona, Amumu, and Vladimir) and I just had so much armor shred that I was practically doing Muramana proc'd true damage to them. It feels so good to watch as every auto and q does like 10% damage to tanks.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
only 2 of those are tanks and if they're not chaining their cc to get onto urgot and have the rest of the team pile onto him there's something wrong here.

Though yeah urgot is OP and all the buffs they gave him since the end of S4 and start of S5 really helped him fit into this tank meta. What more do you want from an ad carry/mid laner than a point and click ability that ccs the likes of kalista hecarim or ANYONE and gets free resistances for pressing a button.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
only 2 of those are tanks and if they're not chaining their cc to get onto urgot and have the rest of the team pile onto him there's something wrong here.

Though yeah urgot is OP and all the buffs they gave him since the end of S4 and start of S5 really helped him fit into this tank meta. What more do you want from an ad carry/mid laner than a point and click ability that ccs the likes of kalista hecarim or ANYONE and gets free resistances for pressing a button.
Well I mean Vlad has like 5k hp i consider that pretty tanky.

I was playing super defensive and we had good peel so I was usually just kiting the front line every fight while Skarner and Nami kept them off me. We also had the superior vision with 3 red trinkets and tons of wards so our Fiddle kept getting good ults into their backline causing an easy distraction for me to go artillery mode, and our Zed got a double kill early game so he was bursting someone down to at least half every fight. Literally the backline would just die from Fiddle/Zed if the tanks didnt defend them, so they'd sit back to peel for their Vayne/Ori and I'd be pretty safe to just spam Q's and autos and just watch for Amumu/Leona.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Vlad is basically a tank in terms of the damage he can take.

He's also a hypercarry than can assassinate squishies who is a good splitpusher duelist and teamfighter

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I
think I'm done supporting gambit maybe.
Decent champs, even LULU to counter leblanc.
Then they do grag top voli jungle for some reason and lulu support. 4 low health h2k doing baron with low health, forgiven and fizz being too **** to stop it and get 2 or 3 free kills.

Goddamn... it's over, they're a shell of their former selves. Even Skarner would've been better in this comp.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
What is your kind ?

Also I've watched that gmb vs h2k game. Fizz throwing his ult to a Leblanc that has his dash up, Ashe throwing arrows at random, Volibear going jungle. Idk even I don't make these kind of errors.

Top Bottom