• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I don't think Link is too bad against ROB. If you're playing with your space and camp in the right places, it's about 6-4 ROB, imo.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
So I just played a whole bunch of matches while Beer Cancelled with a couple of friends. I gotta say, this whole "get me and my opponents to drink before playing" thing kinda worked in my favor, haha (plus it was really fun). I only have one video (after the first couple of matches, everyone sobered up a bit so the matches started lasting longer since everyone wasn't SDing) but I'll put it up in the next couple of days because it was kinda funny.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I namesearched and saw a post awhile back about me beating Mes with MK and Toon Link.

I would like it to be known the previous tourny I 2-0'd him in Link dittos. That is all.
Yeah, the first time I played people offline or online in 7 months. That tourney was my return. Then in the friendlies before the last tourney I won a few including Link dittos. Around the time you said the MK vs Link MU was 60-40 MK because Link's Dair kills early. So in the actual tourney you picked MK first then TLink and won.

You're better than me and Link sucks; I admit it. Even if I played as regularly as you that would still be true. Why is this important?

Scabe

Successful Businessman
So Mew2King, Hall and Cheeri-Oats (Americans) are in Australia! They was a tourney in Sydney that I tried to go to that they were at (Which btw they ***** at, goes to show how bad the Australian metagame is). Sadly the car broke down half way there! So I ended up going home.

My god I haven't played Brawl in ages and the big tournament is next week FFFUUUU

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
<3 you guys.

I heard this was Kirin's Link.
Yeah I was really excited to play Chibo and I went Link against him. I've been talking about this match-up for a while now. I really think it's close to even. t0mmy gave his thoughts and pretty much agreed with most of my points from his match-up experience with Deva and we both agreed on 55:45 ROB.

It's not 70:30 ROB at all, rofl.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
<3 you guys.

Yeah I was really excited to play Chibo and I went Link against him. I've been talking about this match-up for a while now. I really think it's close to even. t0mmy gave his thoughts and pretty much agreed with most of my points from his match-up experience with Deva and we both agreed on 55:45 ROB.

I said this at the first discussion we had, no one listened to me, lol.

Good job on this.

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
i fought agains a ROB time ago, isnt was hard to defeat him

was to funny how he said "i cant belive, a link s**t me"

i think 60/40 in ROB favor for this MU

i think we need rediscusing all the MU threat again (of course we must finish to discuse all character first) and reorganize a little that threat

Rizen

Smash Legend
If you know how to fight ROB it's bad but not too bad. I learned the MU from Bees recently. ROB's tilts are wicked and owned me several times before I adjusted the spacing right. DI is super important. (Is this the MU thread? Lol).

-----------------------

Kirin is too pro! You got 5th (?) with just Link and Mario? Niiiiiice :bigthumbu. I'd like to wifi vs you again sometime.

-------------------------

The forums are slowly fading away. I'm loosing interest in MU discussions, and Brawl in general. It's all basically the same thing repeated. Maybe I'll find my 'spark' again after a break.:confused:

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Lots of our MUs are really really old and need rediscussing. Zelda, for example, needs rediscussing, since I don't think it's 60-40 Zelda's advantage. Snake, MK, D3, even Falco are all really old and need to be rediscussed IMO too.

Maybe we're the second generation that's fading now.

First came the elites: Deva, Legan, etc.

Then came us: Kirinblaze, Scabe, etc.

Time for the next generation, perhaps?
Haha, well, I lurk on the AiB and never post (I need to do that more, but I never feel like I have anything to contribute, haha) and I think they're kinda slowing down too. Maybe it's just everyone getting back in to school/ a lot of them are starting college now?

And Legan is still around. Deva is giving it one last hurrah for the next few months before calling it quits I think (crap, he's already quitting? He's only a couple weeks older than me :( )

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Maybe it's just everyone getting back in to school/ a lot of them are starting college now?
Maybe. I don't know. The only time I pick up Brawl now is when I have a few minutes to laze about and do a quick battle. Even then, I usually go for CoNR3. Otherwise, when I'm playing for stretches, it's always MH3.

I remember I used to set the time limit to 20 minutes and keep going against a Lv. 9 Ganon for hours and hours. I guess I'm just bored of versing CPUs.

Looking for a tourney in NYC...hmm...sounds impossible...

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
So I might have, after having a few (too many), promised an awesome match of us playing, while drunk. The funny thing about being drunk; I'm pretty sure last night this was the greatest match of Brawl ever played in the history of the world. When I woke up this morning the video magically became a good bit less impressive, haha.

Also, beer cancelling really works, FYI. My DI was pretty good I thought (especially against the rather dizzy Pit), even if my MC was pretty bad (zair is totally GREAT for MCing, right gaiz?). Spamming those smashes for the mindgaemz, haha.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Hey i found time out of my busy schedule to stop by. Soo much stuff to do. And now im just procrastinating. Nice to see this place hasnt completely died.

But something interesting is that i was actually put into a combo video. lol. I have like 45 secs worth of clips, 2 of which being Link.

Charged Up: Charged Brigade clan montage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt0NVMj-DLM&feature=player_embedded
I start at about 1:15.

Second combo video appearance so "woot" lol. Though most of its kinda meh. But i see me so all good. lol.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
<3 you guys.

<3 u Kirin.

One of these days, I'll stop hiding behind college johns.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So I might have, after having a few (too many), promised an awesome match of us playing, while drunk. The funny thing about being drunk; I'm pretty sure last night this was the greatest match of Brawl ever played in the history of the world. When I woke up this morning the video magically became a good bit less impressive, haha.

Also, beer cancelling really works, FYI. My DI was pretty good I thought (especially against the rather dizzy Pit), even if my MC was pretty bad (zair is totally GREAT for MCing, right gaiz?). Spamming those smashes for the mindgaemz, haha.
Beer canceling makes Links infinitly better.

Best. AT. Ever.

Hey i found time out of my busy schedule to stop by. Soo much stuff to do. And now im just procrastinating. Nice to see this place hasnt completely died.

But something interesting is that i was actually put into a combo video. lol. I have like 45 secs worth of clips, 2 of which being Link.

Charged Up: Charged Brigade clan montage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt0NVMj-DLM&feature=player_embedded
I start at about 1:15.

Second combo video appearance so "woot" lol. Though most of its kinda meh. But i see me so all good. lol.
Looks like my Link in a couple of ways from the few clips I saw, except you make combo video moments. I never can make them happen.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I got so many matches saved against the Americans, and just people from Australia. Robocop is so soon! (Biggest Australian Tournament) Just 2 days I think?

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I usually go out of my way to make combo video material when i play. lol. I could do something simple and effective. But its fun to be flashy sometimes or at least make things interesting.

Rizen

Smash Legend
DTL is trying to get infractions, just ignore it. He name searches and trolls everywhere. It's like a hobby, I guess. He trolls, therefor he is.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Alright guys I'll be off soon to the big Australian Tournament. I really hope I do well. I'll be back by Wednesday and after all that, we can try and get these boards organised and back on track. Will miss you guys!

quirkynature

Smash Ace
He is the nightmare that plagues MK mains.

He is the hero who saves Ganons from certain deaths.

He protects Zeldas from ****-happy DDDs.

He roars in defiance at Bowser's antics.

He is...SCABE!!!

Top Bottom