• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Latest Nintendo Dream Scans (Updated 8/23)

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
What did the Lucario's biography said about his Mega Evolution?

From my last memory I think his final smash has yet to be confirmed.

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
Mr. Game and Watch confirmed. Look at MK pages and you guys will see kirby's transformation.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Mr. Game and Watch confirmed. Look at MK pages and you guys will see kirby's transformation.
Kirby should've had white eyes if it's from Game & Watch, it's more yellow-ish to me and he got purple shoes instead. It must be what Meta Knight looked like from inside.

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
Most all of the translating team has either gone to bed, or have already picked out the new information.

Oh, I haven't thought of that.
Yeah, there was a discussion about that earlier today. It is a new color, from Amazing mirror.

I cannot wait until Olimar's moves are reviled, I will probably go nuts if they give him a constant hard hitting move. (I.e Rock Pikmin)

Last edited by a moderator:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Just wondering, in the Greninja scan where Palutena's uses her down smash on it, who is the one on the other side?

SirRob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SirRobX
3DS FC
3394-4061-9856
The dragon skin for the Mii Gunner looks awesome, I think that's my favorite part about these scans. I also saw a Mii hat with the Smash logo on it, which I think confirms that we're getting more than just streetpass hats.

Thank you for posting this!

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Yes my friend, Lucario's Final Smash is his Mega-Evolution.
?
What makes you say that(aside from it being a very good guess)? As far as these scans go I don't see anything about final smashes(or final trump cards rather) on Lucario's page.

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
It was a reviled in a Nintendo Direct, that both lucario, and Charizard's Final Smashes are their Mega forms.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
If I'm not mistaken (I totally could be), I don't believe it was explicity confirmed that Lucario's mega form was his final smash - just that he appears as his mega form in some way. It probably is his final smash, though. :p

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
yeah it definitely wasn't clarified that lucario's mega form was his FS, but it's honestly extremely likely, especially considering charizard's was [citation needed on this, but i've seen the confirmation on zard more than once]. it'd be nice if it were activated by some other mechanic, but, well,

edit: late post, can i delete this somehow?

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I highly doubt that Lucario's mega evolution is not a final smash especially since he already has a gimmick stuck to him

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't think Lucario's Mega Evolution is his Final Smash, since the background isn't all dark when the uses it in the Direct, which is normally used to indicate a Final Smash that's in-play. I think it's just an aesthetic change that happens to indicate that he's at full power.

BackwardCap

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1822-0407-6208
I don't think Lucario's Mega Evolution is his Final Smash, since the background isn't all dark when the uses it in the Direct, which is normally used to indicate a Final Smash that's in-play. I think it's just an aesthetic change that happens to indicate that he's at full power.
Transformation final smashes don't have a darkened background when in use.

AlgusUnderdunk

Smash Ace
1.) A level wrapped in burning lava. It is a relatively simple map with a suspended platform and few places to stand --but also the mighty shadow of someone can be seen...

2/3.) Details of this stage's gimmicks are still unknown, but we do know that the stage itself is not complex.
Let's run with the assumption that the magazine has no additional knowledge of the game aside from screenshots provided, and things their writers have seen with past presentations. One of them probably said, "we need something more to say about this stage!" "OOOH! Remember in the direct when the Ridley shadow appeared???" "But was that part of the stage or not?" "Who knows, just mention it! It'll make it sound like you know more than everyone else!" "But it's exactly the same information everyone else has-" "Don't sass me Haziro-san!"

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
The distinction between keeping the darkened background during a transformation final smash seems to be if the character still controls the same (X to jump, A to attack, B for specials, etc. but with the extra power that comes from transforming) or if they have a unique movement scheme (Super Sonic and Super Dragon fly around with the control stick and can't use their normal moveset). Going by that logic, I'd expect Mega Lucario to fall under the first category if it's a final smash, thus the lack of a dark background.

XKan

Smash Apprentice
Well, here I go translating the pages in order. I'm starting with the character pages (Mario and onward) first, then will go back and do the pages before that, perhaps stages before the rest.

I will not edit it onto the pages immediately as I usually do, that way people can read them first as they are as quick as possible.

I have the tendency to translate entire pages, but... I assume people are just interested in the special moves/relevant Smash Bros info, rather than character histories and such...? If so I could skip those and just focus on Special Moves for now.

Last edited:

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
Well, here I go translating the pages in order. I'm starting with the character pages (Mario and onward) first, then will go back and do the pages before that, perhaps stages before the rest.

I will not edit it onto the pages immediately as I usually do, that way people can read them first as they are as quick as possible.

I have the tendency to translate entire pages, but... I assume people are just interested in the special moves/relevant Smash Bros info, rather than character histories and such...? If so I could skip those and just focus on Special Moves for now.
Personally I would like everything, for I am bored and want every smash detail I can find : ). But any translations at all are fine with me. You are translating because you want to, so translate what you want. Any translations at all are highly appreciated, at least by me.

XKan

Smash Apprentice
Personally I would like everything, for I am bored and want every smash detail I can find : ). But any translations at all are fine with me. You are translating because you want to, so translate what you want. Any translations at all are highly appreciated, at least by me.
That is very kind : ) I think I suffer from border OCD so I feel bad if I go without doing it completely. XD It is nice to know others read it when I do everything, though! Will keep that in mind. Thank you!

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Yeah I think they made it p clear that Mega Lucario is Lucario's final smash; I believe it was mentioned that it boosts all of his aura attacks to full power even if he's at a low percentage

Last edited:

XKan

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

XKan

Smash Apprentice
So what was that pic about Dark Pit?

Also, thanks for doing this, it's pretty rad of you!
If referring to the one in the initial scan batch, they are theorizing if that figure was Dark Pit, and if so, whether that means he is in it or not. Nothing certain. : )

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Can anyone tell me which of these translations is more accurate?

The more detailed information on the tricks of this stage are still unclear, but this is not actually such a simple stage.
As opposed to:

Details of this stage's gimmicks are still unknown, but we do know that the stage itself is not complex.

Top Bottom