• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Latest Nintendo Dream Scans (Updated 8/23)

XKan

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone tell me which of these translations is more accurate?

As opposed to:
We were both saying the same thing, basically, the first meant it is not simple because the gimmicks may make the fighting more complicated, and mine (the second one) says the stage itself (meaning physically, the stage) is not complex.

Both mean that the stage isn't complicated physically, implying that the complications come from the gimmicks, of which are unknown at the moment. : )

Luigi player

Smash Master
Well. In the midst of translating my sixth page or so, I just saw this...XD

http://nintendoeverything.com/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u3ds-nintendo-dream-scans-tons-of-details/

I didn't sift through to see if any are missing, though, but I hope this solves a lot of peoples' problems in here.

I looked at their translations versus mine and they are along the same lines, too, and probably presented it better than I could anyway. : )
thanks for the link. too bad they didnt translate every page though...

XKan

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the link. too bad they didnt translate every page though...
You are welcome, thank them for the translations. I have to see which ones they did not do and focus on those. I was thinking I can transcribe these translations onto the pages at least for easier organization and reading.

But I have no idea how I would even begin to ask them for permission to do that :\

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
We were both saying the same thing, basically, the first meant it is not simple because the gimmicks may make the fighting more complicated, and mine (the second one) says the stage itself (meaning physically, the stage) is not complex.

Both mean that the stage isn't complicated physically, implying that the complications come from the gimmicks, of which are unknown at the moment. : )
Okay, so Ridley is basically confirmed as a stage boss. Thanks.

XKan

Smash Apprentice
@ XKan XKan Can you please tell me what is being said about StreetPass Mii Plaza in the box in the lower-right on page 67?
Sure : ) It is just their history, but here is the transcript I just wrote anyway:

"Which game does this character appear in?

“Mii Studio” etc

These “Likeness Characters” was a big part of the Wii. They started in the “Likeness Channel.” One could make Miis of themselves or family members, and they could be used in various software. On the 3DS, the Mii that fights with swords appear in the “Streetpass Legend” game.

“Likeness Channel” (Wii)

^> (pic) Various parts could be used to make very different Miis.

Streetpass Mii Plaza (3DS)

<(pic) Miis that came from other systems via Streetpass. They could defeat ghosts to get more hats."

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
Well. In the midst of translating my sixth page or so, I just saw this...XD

http://nintendoeverything.com/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u3ds-nintendo-dream-scans-tons-of-details/

I didn't sift through to see if any are missing, though, but I hope this solves a lot of peoples' problems in here.

I looked at their translations versus mine and they are along the same lines, too, and probably presented it better than I could anyway. : )
Man that sucks, I spent 2.5 hours cutting and scanning the images, just have someone already beating me to it. All of my hard work was in vein.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Man that sucks, I spent 2.5 hours cutting and scanning the images, just have someone already beating me to it. All of my hard work was in vein.
your images are worth more since we can actually see the small stuff because of being able to zoom in a lot :)

XKan

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I thought those were your scans that made their way around the internet. A lot of people who were requesting me to translate them outside of this site kept linking to your very gallery. ^^ And as I said before, the quality was great, everything readable --not many scan that way.

Your hard work paid off for sure! : )

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
Oh, I thought those were your scans that made their way around the internet. A lot of people who were requesting me to translate them outside of this site kept linking to your very gallery. ^^ And as I said before, the quality was great, everything readable --not many scan that way.

Your hard work paid off for sure! : )
Later in the scans of the new comers, the pages are torn on the bottom left. I did not see them ripped on those pages. I don't know, I try very hard to get and upload them as quickly as possible.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
The magazine says literally nothing new about Pyrosphere. I've long been in the "Ridley is just a boss" camp (as well as in the "I couldn't care less about Ridley" camp), but for the people who were still holding out hope that Ridley is playable I have no idea why this would change your mind. I get the impression whoever wrote this doesn't even know any more than we do.

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
There needs more Pikmin Information. yesterday my mind was blown that Pikmin can carry items to Olimar, finally no more Diddy problems!

Last edited:

XKan

Smash Apprentice
The magazine says literally nothing new about Pyrosphere. I've long been in the "Ridley is just a boss" camp (as well as in the "I couldn't care less about Ridley" camp), but for the people who were still holding out hope that Ridley is playable I have no idea why this would change your mind. I get the impression whoever wrote this doesn't even know any more than we do.
Indeed, the magazine is filled more with editor impressions, rather than actual new information. It is written as if the reader and the magazine creators are on the same page, rather than the editors one step ahead.

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
Indeed, the magazine is filled more with editor impressions, rather than actual new information. It is written as if the reader and the magazine creators are on the same page, rather than the editors one step ahead.
Nintendo is the publisher of the magazine... so no new information /(>.<)\

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
Later in the scans of the new comers, the pages are torn on the bottom left. I did not see them ripped on those pages. I don't know, I try very hard to get and upload them as quickly as possible.
After reviewing the scans I have deducted that these are my scans! They were very clever with hiding the tears with a white background. They stole my hard work! I am so frustrated I can't even see straight.

XKan

Smash Apprentice
After reviewing the scans I have deducted that these are my scans! They were very clever with hiding the tears with a white background. They stole my hard work! I am so frustrated I can't even see straight.
I would not say it was stealing, I think it was just assumed to be general information to be shared. : ) They post my translations too without asking, but I do not mind because first and foremost in importance is getting the information out there rather than getting credit for it. ^^

I do not want to steer too far off topic, however, as the topic is about the content of the posts rather than other things. I think most people have had their curiosity answered. I will slowly begin to transcribe all translations that we have onto the pages, and cross check which pages were not translated in that big list...

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
How do you get Olimar in the background of your posts like that? So kewl :3

XKan

Smash Apprentice
why is pseudo palutena on the palutena page?
Oh, I did not see this post.

It simply says that an imposter appeared in her original work, seen above. That entire section talks about the game she comes from, unrelated to Smash Bros.

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
I would not say it was stealing, I think it was just assumed to be general information to be shared. : ) They post my translations too without asking, but I do not mind because first and foremost in importance is getting the information out there rather than getting credit for it. ^^

I do not want to steer too far off topic, however, as the topic is about the content of the posts rather than other things. I think most people have had their curiosity answered. I will slowly begin to transcribe all translations that we have onto the pages, and cross check which pages were not translated in that big list...
I'm just bummed out that after uploading all of the scans someone downloaded them and the started posting them with giving credit to who work pretty hard on getting them on smash boards at a decent rate, time. I woke up, and stood out side of the shop waiting for it to open, then purchase it, run home, rip it up, scan it for 2.5 hours. Then someone download the album and either call it their own. All I'm asking is for people to say "Posted by..." or "OP:... if they have the time to copy and past on their website. A little credit goes a long way.

I highly appreciate everything that you do @ XKan XKan . When I use an image for my social places like Twitch, Youtube, or even here. I always ask permission for use of their content.

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
How do you get Olimar in the background of your posts like that? So kewl :3
I have since I have the website some of my money. The blue ribbon that have to the left is the "premium account" Simply I gave them some money for some awesome features and to keep the site running smoothy.

Last edited:

XKan

Smash Apprentice
I'm just bummed out that after uploading all of the scans someone downloaded them and the started posting them with giving credit to who work pretty hard on getting them on smash boards at a decent rate, time. I woke up, and stood out side of the shop waiting for it to open, then purchase it, run home, rip it up, scan it for 2.5 hours. Then someone download the album and either call it their own. All I'm asking is for people to say "Posted by..." or "OP:... if they have the time to copy and past on their website. A little credit goes a long way.

I highly appreciate everything that you do @ XKan XKan . When I use an image for my social places like Twitch, Youtube, or even here. I always ask permission for use of their content.
Indeed, I see your point when put that way. :\ I suppose you could write it on every page you scanned, but that may add to the hassle, especially when you are uploading time sensitive information and the like.

Perhaps you can email them to ask for such credit?

Again, I think the above is best reserved for PMing, however. : ) If you want to talk about it, please feel free to talk to me there, to avoid clutter in this thread.

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
After look at the scans again, I noticed that :4palutena:-->:4kirby: is the only kiby where he has the wepond/power visable at all times.

(Mallet space is a cartoonist term for pulling large objects of a small space) -- "The more you know!"

:4fox:-->:4kirby: He pulls the gun out and puts it back in his mallet space
:4link:-->:4kirby: Bow
:4diddy:-->:4kirby: Peanut Gun
:4myfriends:/:4marth:-->:4kirby: Sword
:4olimar:-->:4kirby: Pikmin
:4samus:--> Blaster

(Ect..)

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
I have since I have the website some of my money. The blue ribbon that have to the left is the "premium account" Simply I gave them some money for some awesome features and to keep the site running smoothy.
That's awesome. I'm gonna go premium once Smash 4 drops (Y). Looking forward to getting some Mario/ Olimar/ Shulk (hopefully) behind my posts!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
To be fair, the shadow was a very obvious tease and Sakurai is a troll, so who knows, really.

It's Sakurai.

:troll:

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
the layout is simple but the article claims it's not as simple as it looks.
What if the stage takes you around the Pyrosphere area from Other M... After all, Pyrosphere is the name of the sector, not the area they showed in the POTD.

Raph_the_Great

Smash Apprentice
I'm just glad that there are some images that I hadn't seen before. :)

So I'm gonna look through and take snippets of the new images.

Top Bottom