• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Latest Nintendo Dream Scans (Updated 8/23)

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
Shuckle what.gif
I'm going to stream Smash 3DS on twitch midnight 9/12.

Last edited:

XKan

Smash Apprentice
@ XKan XKan hopefully if you don't mind, you think you can check out Sonic's bio page? Does it mention any new tid bits about him like custom specials?
Unfortunately not. They seem to just be the usual special moves, like the rest of the profiles.

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
The Magazine is published through Nintendo so I don't imagine anything ground breaking, but there is some interesting images that have not been shown before.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm curious about the Palutena and Pit ones and what it says. I gotta know as much as I can about those 2 after all.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Does it say anything new about the Paper Mario stage?
no. just what games it's based on and that it changes contents based on the wind blowing.

So uh.. Any translations on what the description of the pyrosphere says?

For reasons?
pyrosphere: "1. It's a stage surrounded by scorching heat and lava. It's a relatively simple layout with one main floating platform with a few smaller platforms above it, but there seems to be the shadow of "something" giant...? 2,3. The more detailed information on the tricks of this stage are still unclear, but this is not actually such a simple stage."

^^sorry, not much information to be found here.

I'm curious about the Palutena and Pit ones and what it says. I gotta know as much as I can about those 2 after all.
pit:
1,5,7. With a high-speed charge he clubs his foes away with his new attack, "Strongarm Dash Uppercut" (--don't know the english name, sorry--). His ability to become a human bullet has gone up.
2,3,6. This time around, too, his weapon is a bow that splits into two swords.
4. Fans of the original game will probably grin at his pose when wielding the bow and arrow.
8. This is an attack where he rotates his bow.

SPECIALS
v his new down special uses the guardian orbitars in front and behind him, not just to block enemy attacks but also reflect projectiles. it can also block attacks from above and below. (--not sure if this means "above and below" or "high and low," but since smash doesn't really have a high/mid/low system like other fighters it's probably the former--)
^ This is "Palutena's Arrow" where he shoots an arrow of light. Other than increasing damage by charging the attack, you can alter the trajectory and even shoot straight up.
<-- you can launch in a single direction using "the miracle of flight." this is different from his recovery in brawl and is a bit easier to use.
--> the "strongarm dash uppercut" (--sorry again, lol--) uses a sacred treasure is pit's new side special. after the initial charge, a strong uppercut sends your opponents away.
palutena:
1. the goddess who has up until now only provided support for pit is now throwing herself into battle.
2,3,4,5,6. palutena uses many miracles. from physical attacks to projectiles, buffs and support, the variety is huge. it's difficult to choose which to use...
7,8. even for her main bodyguard, pit, she'll show no mercy.

the goddess who our veteran hero pit serves has joined the battle. her unique feature is the vastness of her specials. depending on your customization choices, your ability and also your strategy will change a lot. there's infinite potential depending on the player.
^ "Black Hole and Wave Beam" will stop foes with a black hole and fling them away marvelously.
<-- her u-smash has a remarkable range that will surprise you. all of her smashes are top class even in the midst of releasing them.

SPECIALS
jk, i translated all this stuff in a previous article in a post back on page one. not doing all that again.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
pyrosphere: "1. It's a stage surrounded by scorching heat and lava. It's a relatively simple stage with one main floating platform with a few smaller platforms above it, but there seems to be the shadow of "something" giant...? 2,3. The more detailed information on the tricks of this stage are still unclear, but this is not actually such a simple stage."

^^sorry, not much information to be found here.
Thanks a lot! I didn't really expect there to be new information there, but you never know.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So wait...

Is is a simple stage or not?

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
Did anyone mention that cool new kirby alt color in Meta Knight's page?

XKan

Smash Apprentice
So wait...

Is is a simple stage or not?
The Japanese says:

"詳しい仕掛けなどは未だ不明だが、ステージの構造自体はそれほど複雑ではない。"

Literally,

Detailed mechanisms etc still unknown but, stage's construction itself to that extent not complicated.

So:

While the details of the mechanics/gimmick is still unknown, the stage itself (physically) is not that complex/complicated.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
the layout is simple but the article claims it's not as simple as it looks.
The Japanese says:

"詳しい仕掛けなどは未だ不明だが、ステージの構造自体はそれほど複雑ではない。"

Literally,

Detailed mechanisms etc still unknown but, stage's construction itself to that extent not complicated.

So:

While the details of the mechanics/gimmick is still unknown, the stage itself (physically) is not that complex/complicated.
So what's right?

D

Deleted member

"Land of lava wrapped in burning. It's a relatively simple stage and pedestal float, scaffolding smaller that some, but the information that saw the shadow of the "someone" mighty also ...?
Such as detailed gimmick is unknown yet, but the structure of the stage is not very complicated."

Not sure how accurate this translation is, though it sounds as though it's saying it's a simple layout, but it's unknown if there are any gimmicks to the stage though the shadow of something big has been seen.
Essentially a statement about Ridley's shadow that's ambiguous.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
So what's right?
both of us. we are agreeing. the layout is physically not that complicated. there's a large floating platform and a few smaller platforms above.

but there's a yet unexplained shadow and probably a lot of fun BS to do with the lava and perhaps other gimmicks.

XKan

Smash Apprentice
@ 25%Cotton 25%Cotton

I think what confused him is "2,3. The more detailed information on the tricks of this stage are still unclear, but this is not actually such a simple stage."", which sounds more like the stage is complicated.

Last edited:

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
@ 25%Cotton 25%Cotton

I think what confused him is "2,3. The more detailed information on the tricks of this stage are still unclear, but this is not actually such a simple stage."", which sounds more like the stage is complicated.
it's "complicated" in that there are more things to think about than just fighting on a flat stage, such as the boss fight and things like lava (they haven't ACTUALLY told us if the lava rises or comes from the back or sides or in a huge wave like it did in brawl's norfair).

(but i think you understand that so i'm essentially talking to nobody)

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait....

Lava?

What?

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
So Pyrosphere could not very well not be a not very not simple stage?
Or could it not be not such a not so simple stage?

XKan

Smash Apprentice
@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei

Mentioned in both translations we did in this thread, the level is said to be "surrounded by burning lava."

@ shrooby shrooby

Not simple for fighting on, due to gimmicks unknown at this time (be it monster, lava, etc) that one would have to account for-- despite it being a simple stage in form/layout/appearance/physical build/infrastructure/etc.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So Ridley is done for...

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
Did anyone mention that cool new kirby alt color in Meta Knight's page?
For some reason I can't view the scans, can someone post it here if that is now allowed, PMing it to me, or something?

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Well poop....
Yeah, it's probably best to not mention this to the Ridley Thread, I'm not sure they could handle it on top of other recent developments...

Anyone know what is being said about StreetPass Mii Plaza on the Mii Fighters character bio? Or if any of the scans say anything about how Mii hats are obtained in the Wii U game?

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's probably best to not mention this to the Ridley Thread, I'm not sure they could handle it on top of other recent developments...

Anyone know what is being said about StreetPass Mii Plaza on the Mii Fighters character bio? Or if any of the scans say anything about how Mii hats are obtained in the Wii U game?
Nah, Ridley's role still remains unclear. We won't give up until Sakurai comes out of hiding and finally tells us that we've lost.
And even then, there may be future Smash Bros games.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace

I'm new to this thread, but is it really over for Rids? I've been on that thread for a while as a neutral, but is it really over?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ridley discussion in relation to these images are fine but do keep flaming/trolling and flame baiting out. It hasn't happened yet but unnecessary flame baiting to rule up Ridley supporters (or Ridley supporters attacking without reason) is not needed. It's all good now so let's keep it that way.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I'm new to this thread, but is it really over for Rids? I've been on that thread for a while as a neutral, but is it really over?
Nope. They did tell us a bit more, but only there is some form of gimmick to this stage. As if Metroid stages aren't gimmicky enough (though I'd be very glad if they stopped with the lava/acid thank you very much (unless Ridley)).
Ridley's role remains unclear and unspecified.

Top Bottom