• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Latest Nintendo Dream Scans (Updated 8/23)

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
Theres one thing thats new i saw pac-man holding the key fruit

So the bell and the key are in the charge of pac-mans normal special.

No the bell is apart of his standard special, but the Key is for unlocking parts of the stage since it is a side-scrolling stage.

Key = branching paths.

@ 25%Cotton 25%Cotton

Did you not want to exchange friend codes? I have a Japanese 3DS

The code to left is my Japanese 3DS

Last edited by a moderator:

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
@ 25%Cotton 25%Cotton

Did you not want to exchange friend codes? I have a Japanese 3DS

The code to left is my Japanese 3DS
sure. as is mine.
it may take me a bit to add you. i'm going to bed now and i have work all day and then a packed weekend.

Last edited:

XKan

Smash Apprentice
Oh my... that is a lot of information...

Aww, Ashley is so cute on that page with assist trophy info, though! ^^ She stuck out to me most. XD These are really good quality though, the characters are very clear as are the pictures. Great job on this! : )

I assume the character profiles being uploaded there (I see Mario to Diddy Kong so far) will be what most people are curious about.

Last edited:

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
Oh my... that is a lot of information...

Aww, Ashley is so cute on that page with assist trophy info, though! ^^ She stuck out to me most. XD These are really good quality though, the characters are very clear as are the pictures. Great job on this! : )

I assume the character profiles being uploaded there (I see Mario to Diddy Kong so far) will be what most people are curious about.
Yeah, there is 60 pages to the book, I am alternating UBS with scans to keep the time between posts limited waiting time.

XKan

Smash Apprentice
Just by looking at the various character pages, a quick guide to help people who do not read Japanese but wonder what sort of things they talk about:

The various numbered screen shots have subtitles with their respective numbers below them. Mostly general impressions/comments about them.

The black boxes with the このキャラ登場するゲームは? are just a character background, saying which games they appeared in/are from.

Then, the screen shots below the section that says 必殺ワザ are detailing special moves, as you could probably figure from the screen shots and such as is. They do not seem to talk about normal attacks or final smashes beyond that.

@ 25%Cotton 25%Cotton

Wonderful job with the quick translations. I especially loved the quoting format you used to do it too. : )

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
Just by looking at the various character pages, a quick guide to help people who do not read Japanese but wonder what sort of things they talk about:

The various numbered screen shots have subtitles with their respective numbers below them. Mostly general impressions/comments about them.

The black boxes with the このキャラ登場するゲームは? are just a character background, saying which games they appeared in/are from.

Then, the screen shots below the section that says 必殺ワザ are detailing special moves, as you could probably figure from the screen shots and such as is. They do not seem to talk about normal attacks or final smashes beyond that.

@ 25%Cotton 25%Cotton

Wonderful job with the quick translations. I especially loved the quoting format you used to do it too. : )
Pretty soon there is a page that I'm want a translation for, it has dates, calendars, and things like that. it comes after the character profiles.

XKan

Smash Apprentice
Pretty soon there is a page that I'm want a translation for, it has dates, calendars, and things like that. it comes after the character profiles.
Okay! I will be sticking around and watching as you update, will keep an eye out for that page specifically. : )

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
I know you're currently uploading scans, but you uploaded Sheik's page twice. Just helping out ^.^

XKan

Smash Apprentice
Thant scan that I mentioned is now live.
XD that Calender is the magazine people hyping it. The dates say "This month! One week left!...10 days left!...A little more!...It's out!"

Other than that there is information on Amiibos for 3DS that will be out in 2015 and such.

Those Kirby forms (Robin Kirby!) are adorable!

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Whoa, is that Maskless Meta Knight on his scan?

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Are those Little Mac's custom moves for his neutral special I see?

Omniomega

Smash Apprentice
My god that is a lot of scans

Can't wait to see what they say

Last edited:

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
I have fixed the double sheik image.... plus there is still like 20 more pages...

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
:213: Hello everyone, I'm Ferrethero :213:

I live in japan and I recently saw that Nintendo Dream Magazines are now hosting key Smash Bros information.
So I have taken it upon myself to purchase, scan, upload, and share with everyone. Since living in Japan has a brought a few new outlets for information I wanted to do my part and share all the information I can get my hands on. As I am an American Living in Japan my Japanese language skills are for travailing only, I cannot read nor understand Kanji. So if the community would like to translate these scans that would be amazing of you!
:213:
[collapse="Nintendo Dream Issue: 7/19"]

[/collapse]:213:

[collapse="Nintendo Dream Issue 8/23 (in progress)"]

[/collapse]
:213:
The picture that has the Wii U stages. What does the description of Pyrosphere read?

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Thanks a lot for providing these for us, I appreciate it. (=

XKan

Smash Apprentice
The picture that has the Wii U stages. What does the description of Pyrosphere read?
1.) A level wrapped in burning lava. It is a relatively simple map with a suspended platform and few places to stand --but also the mighty shadow of someone can be seen...

2/3.) Details of this stage's gimmicks are still unknown, but we do know that the stage itself is not complex.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
My computer has a stroke when trying to view all of these images. Could you make an imgur album or something please?

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
Thant scan that I mentioned is now live.
Thanks for all of these. Also noticed that some pages are missing. Pages 31, 49, 51, 53, 55, and 57 are all currently missing. Maybe they weren't smash related so you didn't upload them, just letting you know.

Omniomega

Smash Apprentice
oh cool just noticed one of the scans confirms green hills zone for 3ds

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
Thanks for all of these. Also noticed that some pages are missing. Pages 31, 49, 51, 53, 55, and 57 are all currently missing. Maybe they weren't smash related so you didn't upload them, just letting you know.
It was the Smash Banners that were created for the Newcomers.

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
It was the Smash Banners that were created for the Newcomers.
Aww alrighty, just didn't want to miss anything. Thanks again, almost all of it I've seen before but still nice to see. Haven't looked at it all but saved them for later viewing.

AnoA

Smash Cadet
Wow! So many images. Loved the new Kirby! Thanks for the scans btw!

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Meta knight's page is interesting. It confirms the return of both the metaknight tornado and the dimension cape, and the new color for Kirby that looks vaguely like maskless metanight. But shouldn't maskless Metanight be blue, not black?

The caption for the Black Kirby picture says-
"Kirby's new color, it might be Metanight's consciousness?"
Or at least that's what I got, I feel like I'm missing the intended meaning of 意識してる.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
ok, so there is way too much stuff for me to translate without a team or without this being my job (actually, if i owned the physical magazine it wouldn't be such a hassle to constantly click back and forth, but i'm strapped for cash a bit because i keep having to buy this and that)... but here's some stuff (mostly just clicked character profiles for some of the non-demo characters who weren't in the last thing i translated):

luigi:
he has a butt attack now. not sure what kind of move it is, just that it's a move. also pics 1, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, and 11 are apparently ALL taunts. not sure if they're just different parts of the same taunts or if there is a lot more customization to which taunts you have than in previous games. probably the former? no other major changes are highlighted in this article (except detailing the history of poltergust, but we already knew about that).
peach:
picture 2 seems to be a new attack; it's caption is "is this the middle of some attack...? she's wrapped in bubble-like stuff and there's something fantastical going on." apparently the ribbon on the upsmash changes the effect of the attack from previous smash games.
MK
new kirby color is based on MK (isn't just random coloring). the writer compares him to a soccer ball, lol. the halberd seems to be wii u only. there's really not a lot of information here...
Dedede
not sure what's going on in pic 5 but it says that 5 and 6 are moves that risk dedede's life a little. 5 seems to be new (and we all know what's "life risking" about his u-special, lol). most of this article is about his facial expressions and animations.
Charizard
new earthquake-type move (it might not actually be "earthquake" because that attack is "jishin" in japanese and this only says "jihibiki"), also releases light, though it doesn't say whether this light does anything. his side special is "Flare Drive" or whatever that is in english (Flare Blitz maybe?), from which charizard also receives damage if the attack connects. it seems to say that his neutral special is his claws?? but he still has his flamethrower, so maybe it's just referring to his "normal specials" as opposed to his final smash and not specifically to "neutral special." either way, flamethrower, flare blitz, and a claw attack are confirmed specials
Ike:
pic 6: "it resembles his move "counter" from brawl, but...?"
Sonic
pic 3 says there is a shockwave hitting behind sonic -- not sure from what attack it is... "is it a new attack? or...?" is the last thing the article says about it.
ok, done doing random ones.

Last edited:
Top Bottom