• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lancaster Ohio: Friday, December 5th. [Brawl Tournament, Melee SmashFest]

lou4222

Smash Lord
If we are going to be restricted by how many setups we can bring and it seems like at least thirty people have voiced serious interest in coming it seems like it would be best if we just made this a brawl only event. I know there is some melee fans around but there is going to be a big melee tournament the very next day. Lets say 30 people come and we only have 6 setups because of electrical reason and some of those are for melee, people might only get to play 2 or 3 times an hour. I just worry that we will be trying to accomodate to much. I know a lot of people appreciate the organization and running of this event. By no means am I trying to suggest how to run your event. Im just trying to throw some suggestions around.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
I prefer singles myself, though I wouldn't mind a doubles since we got cheated out of two of them in the last 2 months (yes nojoes, I'm going to Test your Might 2)

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Alrighty, guys. For this to work we're gonna need some more Wiis. I can supply two, but we're probably gonna need two more, I'd think.

Anyone willing to help out?

Also, spare Cubes would also be appreciated.

lou4222

Smash Lord
We will be able to bring plenty of Wiis and Setups from SPringfield. How many possible set ups can we have? Whatever that number is im sure we will have no problem getting that.

T-800

Smash Apprentice
I can bring a Wii if it's still needed. Just lemme know.

Nope

Smash Lord
are all the tvs going to be big projectors and hd tvs? or just normal ones? I can also bring a Wii if we need it although i still think incentive such as venue fee being waved would be appropriate for taking the risk of bringing one to the tourney. This tourney sounds like its going to be fun are 6 setups going to be enough to run this smoothly in a decent amount of time?

Yyrd

Smash Cadet
Master WGS, two friends and I plan on coming.
The problem is, we get out of school at three, and it's an hour drive from our current residence. We know that we can call ahead to register, but we need to know when the tournament will be starting. This will determine if we will be able to participate.
For future reference, it will probably be a good idea to make the tournament on a saturday. Afterall, school kids play Brawl too. :laugh:

lou4222

Smash Lord
Do you think we could get an exact schedule of events, how much things will cost, and exactly how many setups need to be brought. It sounds like there is serious interest in this and I was just curious if all the details were ironed out yet.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Sorry for all these questions piling up, as well as a lack of recent updates. School and work has left me totally busy, day in and out. However, Wednesday is my next day off, with Friday being the first day of my winter vacation. ^_^

In other words, expect a HUGE update on Wednesday. Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing, but my schedule has been absolutely INSANE lately. Next time I'll try not to host a tournament right around my work reviews and semester finals. >_>;

As far as quick things I can answer:

Yyrd, I'd figure that the Round Robins will be starting at about 4 - 4:15. How long THOSE will take will vary on how many entrants/setups are available. I'd imagine you'd have time to arrive before those finished up, as those are just for seeding purposes. Missing those will just chalk you and your friends up as losses, so you'll be seeded lower. However, you will STILL be in the tournament, so you can participate.

MHoltz: At the moment, it looks like a majority of the setups will be on projectors, with a few regular TVs (no HD one. After thinking about it, I remembered the lag issue). However, when I trek up there on Wednesday, I might see if I can get more than just 6 set ups working, and if using regular TVs over projection screens works better.

lou4222: Again, an EXACT schedule is tough to make without knowing the actual number of entrants. The Round Robin pools should be starting NO LATER THAN 4:15 PM.

I am providing two Wiis which will most likely be set up to the projection screens, as well as three Gamecubes for the Melee 'Fest. If there is a very one-sided crowd (I.E., if a huge majority of the crowd is in favor of the Brawl tournament), we may need more than just one outside Wii, as I will most likely use one of the Melee TVs as a Brawl TV if it is necessary.

Cost is simple:

Coming in: $5
Entry for Brawl Tourney: $10

On another note...
Around six or so, we may be getting (free, mind you) food, as it's my birthday, and my mom has offered to whip something up really quick (not even kidding).

However, I think she's underestimating the number of people who are coming, so that might not happen... I'd suggest looking online for any nearby food places if you're going to want to eat. That, or I may try to get a collection going to order some pizzas just to make it easier on everyone.

AS FAR AS WAVING FEES FOR BRINGING SETUPS: If I wave any fees, that money is coming out of the pot for the tourney. If you guys are willing to collectively make that sacrifice, I'll cut $5 from your tournament entry fee...

PM me if you can bring a Wii, and I'll respond if we need it. Even if your Wii isn't used, we WILL wave the fee if the decision is made to do so, and I ask you to bring it.

Sorry again for this lack of detail, and I'm glad you guys are showing such interest! Only a few more days, folks! ^_^

nojoes

Smash Ace
Pots already too small T_T I say you try to hold a doubles tourny as well. if things are ran well it'll run fine.

Yyrd

Smash Cadet
Yyrd, I'd figure that the Round Robins will be starting at about 4 - 4:15. How long THOSE will take will vary on how many entrants/setups are available. I'd imagine you'd have time to arrive before those finished up, as those are just for seeding purposes. Missing those will just chalk you and your friends up as losses, so you'll be seeded lower. However, you will STILL be in the tournament, so you can participate.
If we can make it to Lancaster between 4:00-4:30, we shouldn't have a problem, right?
We don't really want to miss out on anything! :ohwell:

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I'm still in need of help with setting up the brackets. Tio isn't exactly friendly with my computer, so any tourney host pros willing to help with that set up would be a HUGE help.

Tomorrow I head down for pics and to finalize any last minute details. Expect a chunky update tomorrow evening. :)

QUIVO

Smash Master
i'll see if AZ wants to bring his laptop in for tio, or maybe I can. I don't really know how to use it though

T-800

Smash Apprentice
I'm still in need of help with setting up the brackets. Tio isn't exactly friendly with my computer, so any tourney host pros willing to help with that set up would be a HUGE help.

Tomorrow I head down for pics and to finalize any last minute details. Expect a chunky update tomorrow evening. :)
PM TheKiest about bringing his laptop. He's been the bracket maker for all of our major tournaments for awhile and the program he uses is excellent.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Alright, Kiest has volunteered to help with the brackets, so that's taken care of.

We have four Wiis accounted for at the moment, with roughly seven screens (three projectors, four TVs) available for set up. I'm thinking two of those TVs will be devoted to Melee, with the other five used for Brawl. I can bring the 'Cubes, so that won't be an issue. We'll need one more Wii to have everything accounted for, as well as a backup one or two Wiis if the Melee fizzles out.

If there's time, we'll set up a doubles tournament, but expect singles only. If this goes smoother than I'm expecting, doubles is definitely an option.

Again: The registration starts at 3pm, with the tournament itself starting at 4. We have the place 'til midnight, so if we can squeeze all this in there in that amount of time, we will be golden.

Venue Fee - $5
Tourney Fee - $10

T-800

Smash Apprentice
I'll repeat my suggestion because I'm quite fond of it:

The Lancaster Landmasters.

And then the caption could be "We're gonna have fun at this thing!"

Top Bottom