• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
There are always like at least 5 or 6 other matches while streams go on. Pikachu is stupid to play on wifi, I know. Pikachu mains dont wifi. People would rather go mk than their actual main online like FOW because online doesn't mean anything to them.

:phone:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I really don't remember, and I don't see what you guys liked, but it probably was the use of Up-B probably? Oh, the old days. I can't remember how I played much back then anymore, besides me being stupidly fancy rather than using some smarts.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I love seeing the link to my MK Ban group popping up in everyone's sigs.

Even more amusing is I have like 1 post in that group total and don't really visit it.

Also Pit's Up-B seriously pisses me off. I have to be so tight with my CG timing or you just kinda invincible through it.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Up-B is fun to use <3
Cancels out various weak projectiles, has invincibility frames when used on the ground, a windpush effect, fun to gimp a Lucas/Ness using a PKT, fun to screw over a Snake using C4 to recover as well, not to mention able to help a Pit pursue a recovering opponent, while you get your jumps back (if used the right way).
I do remember when I was stupidly using those tricks, but now I'm more smart about it.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So I've been picking up Pit because I've been pretty bored lately, lol.

For arrow looping, is there a limit to the number of arrows Pit can have out?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
4 is all you need to know, though I wanted to stop helping for the exact reason of ppl asking to loop all the time rather than working on the fundamentals. It kinda hurts me not just because I've been down that road a long time ago, and for me to see Deja vu of my past mistake, well you know.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh I just like to be silly sometimes. I play a fairly agressive Pit rather than campy, actively looping arrows would hinder that.

Hyrule Temple, fixed Camera mode, Pit only, no approaching.

Most hilarious thing ever.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Went to my first mk-banned tourney, went 40 percent pit (but arty didnt put that in :()

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=309720

Lots of Pit in pools, one set with Pit in bracket, two money matches, one with full pit, the other with pit against Luigi on RC LOL

I shoulda done better, I lost to Dedede again, and now I'm 0-2 with Hunger in Wario dittos. I should definitely use Pit next time to throw him off :) It was fun though. I think I got some more MU experience thanks to this, Snake is def even (Grimace <3), Lucario is so fun of a matchup but still needs fleshing out (Redryu = sleepy), Luigi is way underrated (played YoshQ and RC and he ***** me X_X) and finally Kirby is definitely evenish (Kappy was fun playing with Pit). . . I think that's it.

OH! I went 70 percent Pit in doubles, look at this !@#$!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OWuFNUta4I&feature=channel_video_title

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Think you got time for a Mid tier/Below AIB tourney within 13 mins? I got no one else to team with that I can trust.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Unforutnately AP I am completely unable to play on Wifi, as I have no wii currently. I was able to go to that tournament last night and just came back to campus :(

Sorry bud. we will team one day.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sigh, I'm sad. My luck has been horrid since August started. I might as well join that tourney with a Lv9 Weegee as a partner.

Peach would be nice though, not just because of me thinking of couples <3 (don't judge me). At the same time, my old Peachy partner, who's having to deal with school now, him and I did make a few possible tricks that I could show eventually.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You meant the Goddess... Doesn't mean Pit can't have more attention from time to time. </3
I actually got about 28 mins til the tourney starts. If not, I'm going in with a Lv9 Weegee.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
And that's why MK being banned is one of the best ideas ever. Who did you team with anyways?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Snakes, penguins, and fat Warios everywhere. Alas, congrats on the placings.
I'm slightly curious bout who cares bout me from time to time. I've been feeling sad and down lately since the start of August, and bad things happening more than usual. Sometimes I just feel that I am alone, and all.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
and that is when you send out a mass text on your cell phone and see who responds. works for me.

plus don't you live near where one of those hurricanes were? that alone would be enough get someone worked up.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I went to the same tournament as kryz...I ended up using pit one game in bracket against Kain, but lost...was pretty close, but he was leading the entire game. Looking back it was the first time I played Pit all day(my Ike was doing too well for me to consider switching), so maybe if I had a bit more practice it may have gone better.

Id like to use him more next tourney, just need to up my confidence in him some before I can.

:phone:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I don't live near the EC as it is; it's just my overall bad luck, and temper, as well as annoying ppl that have been occurring more than usual since the start of the month. I just think it's a temporary curse of the troublesome events I've been having as far as ppl willingly to attack and irritate me and such goes. I just hope I'm not delusional or depressed too much. I suppose part of the reason also wishes me to improve as a player, still, but what else is there?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Well AP, you can continue playing wifi and getting better, it's how I did it, and as soon as I bust into the scene, all my temper/anger problems disappeared, because wifi was the cause of it. When I lose legitimately against someone who is striving for the same thing as me, and we're face to face, you can't help but feel attached, sociable, and content with the person. Even if they use Meta Knight. Everyone plays for different reasons but have the same initial goal; to win!

I think if I ever met you AP I would literally drag you to a local tournament and show you what I mean. I love socializing with people in this scene and I'm a very very awkward and introverted person with problems similar to your own. You are sad because people bother you online. You really have no reason to be sad except you haven't seen how genuine people can be in real life :) It's the truth, and it's the reason I stay with this community.

But yeah, I would see why you wouldn't want to go out into tournament events alone. But at the very least you should get a good partner in your region, and go with them to every event. It really helps. I did for a while. His name is Johnie. And he's my father.

It's settled. When I get out of school, I'm going to try to help you find someone to bring you to events, and get you up there. You should take part in the scene at least somewhat before Smash 4 comes out my friend.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I know some ppl prefer me to go and try offline, but sometimes, I feel I shouldn't, but I said why already. I just had the mindset of disliking many of the higher tiers, while I wanted to see rep from some of the underused and underrated chars, and that's where Pit comes in for the most part. I just care bout variety a lot to the point where I do have that type of mindset, as if temper isn't enough.

Alas, not everyone can go offline anyways, and I'm one of em. So again, you can't force me to go offline, because I can't go anywhere, even if I wanted to. Can we move on to something else?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Sorry, AP, I refuse to believe rthat you would not be happier if you gave it a try, but you are right, I can't force you. . .

But I can try to lighten the mood by joking about it... NOW GET IN THE CAR WE'RE GOING TO APEX! (flies to SKYWORLD)

anyways, Im halfway done with Death Note. . . So amusing and addicting.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sorry. I've been thinking bout Peach/Pit together at times, not just as team partners. Same goes for Zamus, but don't judge me.
And don't forget Krys, those matches we had back then, we still await the time that they can be recorded, and viewed by the other Pit fans here, especially Brinstar, or at least my first Brinstar match D:

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Speaking of online/offline. I finally do have the chance to play smashers outside of wifi, but I'm still too chicken. I'm at NC State now. Same college as Stingers and a couple other smashers. I'm not the kinda person though who just likes to go to someone's house/dorm randomly before even meeting them. (Especially since I don't drink or anything like that, and I don't know what to expect :p (Obviously not dissing anyone, it's just how i feel sometimes)) I do hope we can play sometime in the library though (yeah, our library has the 3 3rd gen consoles set up in the middle for anyone to play..... But I do look forward to that day very much. Can't wait to finally get some experience under my belt.

Top Bottom