• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Honestly the only mu i could see getting worse as it's explored more, aka if metaknight is banned, is marth. That has lots of room for development on marths side and i think he could be worse for us if played out much more.
I also agree with this, Marth is one of the matchups I've been playing most recently, and it just seems to keep getting harder and harder...you really have to be on point with gimps if you want a good shot in the MU.

:phone:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I also agree with this, Marth is one of the matchups I've been playing most recently, and it just seems to keep getting harder and harder...you really have to be on point with gimps if you want a good shot in the MU.

As of now, there is no marth anywhere that couldn't be beat by a pit of equal skill. I don't think marths have studied their frame traps, shield pressure, bait and mixup game, and gimp game vs pit.

I will say i personally still don't mind marth...IF i'm on top of it. You HAVE to be on your game vs marth. With that said, if you are, and know your ish, IT'S REALLY CLOSE to even. I still say -1 cuz it is a soft counter. But right now with most marths not even worrying about a mid-tier like us...it's pretty damn close. Upsmash+upthrow basically means he should be there for a while. We juggle him almost as well as mk cuz we don't have to fully commit and even if we do our whiffed upair can usually lead to a dair after the airdodge.

Ya you have never want to miss gimps. Period.In any matchup.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Looks like this scrub pit here needs to study up...I still suck at a lot of things lol. I'm still pretty horrible at juggling and punishing landing, though I can see how the matchup is close to even, my sets were pretty close going both ways.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
DJ Jack was really good ptzr, you have no idea. Would love to play some Snakes in tourney sometime though, so much easier to play than falco, no bull**** frame advantages or chaingrab to spikes. Just bull**** range we can stay away from and strength that's DI'able.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Mah pit is gettin so unfresh. Ima have a bunch of catching up to do by the time apex is done.

DJ Jack is pretty legit. But luckay, you probably just got outplayed that time. You definitely COULD of won.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Don't worry Kuro. We can do some training and freshen that Pit up. :)
Sounds good to me :)

I'm getting smarter though~

I used pit last tourney in several friendlies. I landed so many fully charged fsmashes.

Dem hard reeeeeeads.

Luckay are u gonna record any of those vids i sent you?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, I know many of you don't really care for this, but my Pit's in the AIB playoffs once again, and first round was against a MK, but I won the set.
Oh, Round 1 was SV, he SD's twice trying to chase me under the stage, although I mirror Shielded his under-stage nado to kill him at such low %.
R2 was me banning RC, he CPs Brinstar, and barely won it. As I said earlier like a day or 2 ago, I've been learning to excel on that stage, and well, and it paid off so far.

Wish me luck the rest of the way. And wherever Krys that he's in the playoffs too, unfortunately to fight Tearbear, eww...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Just a bit over 2 hours left, and it's Birthday time for this Pit u-u
And I feel a bit pumped up for some reason.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Gonna be 20 in 20 minutes, appreciating that nice Pit party greeting, guys. Thanks!

:pit: Feeling better :)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Well, I know many of you don't really care for this, but my Pit's in the AIB playoffs once again, and first round was against a MK, but I won the set.
Oh, Round 1 was SV, he SD's twice trying to chase me under the stage, although I mirror Shielded his under-stage nado to kill him at such low %.
R2 was me banning RC, he CPs Brinstar, and barely won it. As I said earlier like a day or 2 ago, I've been learning to excel on that stage, and well, and it paid off so far.

Wish me luck the rest of the way. And wherever Krys that he's in the playoffs too, unfortunately to fight Tearbear, eww...
I fight Tearbear tomorrow (today) Tuesday... Hum~.... I think I can handle it, if my Pit fails first round I'll just pull out Wario I guess. Meta Knight is really fun for me because it's challenging, but I can only do so much in this MU! ^^;

Suyon

Smash Lord
Happy Birthday Admiral.

I just lose all hope when I face MK now these days. Whatever I try I get denied easily which is pretty depressing for me. Well in my situation I just have a MK mental block and that's with all the characters I play. Have yet to beat a MK in a tournament =\
Pisses me off when I can beat their main and they go MK on me then.

Good luck Krystedez.
Also Admiral you should seriously teach me how to platform cancel on SV and Lylat lol. I've been trying a lot lately and just can't pull it off.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well you know I despise MK. Just do your best to keep him from winning. We Pits must rise again.

And thanks for the birthday shoutout again. As for Platform canceling, all you gotta do is time a D-air (for my case, C-stick down) at the right time, just when Pit's feet are level to the "moving" platforms. I'm just more used to SV's one. I blame a random Marth CV for getting me addicted to it, but it has paid off.

Suyon

Smash Lord
Both you and my friend said the same thing now. I appreciate it. I've been doing like half way through the body or something. It's easier for me to just do it running or walking but normally I don't know when his feet are even level with the platform when i do that. Standing is just hard for me.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The best way to practice is the moving SV platform. You'll know you did it right if you don't have the usual D-air landing lag. It takes time, and because Pit has more than 1 mid-air jump, you can only do it with your first jump from the floor. You can also do it when you jump up from the ledge (not midair jump), but I'm sure you know what I mean.
Lylat's platform is different, and I was told YI's occasional moving platform counts, but I never try it on there.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It's highly unfortunate, since I thought D3 as for the most part extinct. I should practice soon, because I feel that I'm on a bad part of the bracket.

Suyon

Smash Lord
Dedede because of your wario. For Dedede I'd just avoid FD all together. It's been a long time since I faced a Dedede. I mostly never go for the CG on him since it's too risky when I play.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
its not that hee cant learn it...its just dedede has everything to keep you away from doing it... its wifi too on top of that. he has the best spotdodge ever to avoid arrows too...

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Knowing every option with your character is key.

If you get he set up for a free 60 damage and you don't know the correct timing and input because its too "risky" then, you potentially threw the game.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
At times, I feel sad that I don't seem to do all that well in dubs. At the same time, I wanted to team with various characters (not MK, ICs, G&W, or Snake) and see if there's any little team combo that the team has if there's any decent ones. All I had experience with before was with a Peach, and a Zelda, but I don't remember anything else. I did have curiosity to team with a Pika or a ZSS, but you don't see them much now-a-days.

It'd help me with my potential in dubs, though I dislike playing dubs in many cases.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I personally team with a zss/marth main, and that combo has been working pretty well for me so far. Dubs is my favorite thing about this game lol.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well it's hard for me to find a partner since I'm kinda picky, maybe too picky. I just eventually I can find more players who can meet my expectations and all, or something. Maybe in due time I'll find some other players, but I may be interested in teaming with a ZSS or Peach (again) a lot, though I should give Marth a try too. At least he helps kill G&W.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Double pit, D3/Pit, Snake/Pit, wario/pit, mk/pit.

Those are my teams. My partner being the pit. Me being various.

Suyon

Smash Lord
I've teamed with a TL, Wario, Snake, Ness, and Lucario for the most part.
I can CG a snake which is fine but I'd rather not screw up against a Dedede and get CG back instead. I'll attempt to go for it if I get the chance but for the most part I avoid it.

Dubs is the best for me too.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm almost tempted to try Double Pit again, but I still hate seeing G&W and MK to ruin us, even Marth. I'd probably try a Wario, but again, Grab Releases and Marth (again) just doesnt cut it.
I definitely need more experience overall, and figure out if the characters have a little combo or 2.

Top Bottom