• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Snake vs GaW 6:4 game and watch. Like seriously gaw just ***** snake so hard with his nair and fair. And he can kill snake at like 70 with upsmash so it takes away his weight problem. And he can just run away the entire match with his jumps and up b and stuff.
Waits with happiness at the flaming to come from this obvious troll :) :laugh:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Why do tier list placement matter so much to low and mid tier mains? Your character isnt ACTUALLY better based on how it gets moved around on the list. At least in the US you have a shot at making some paper in mid tier tournaments. Do you really want all your wins to be creditted to your broken top tier spammtastic campy character?
This so much. Ratios, MU numbers, tier list placing, all of that is completely irrelevant to anything, and the sooner people realize that the sooner they can stop *****ing about bad MUs and focus on getting better.

I used to work hard at Ganon because I didn't know just exactly how bad he was. I knew he was bottom. I knew he lost every MU. But because I didn't know exactly how badly he lost those MUs, I worked at them. I didn't give a damn about bad MUs, because in my head every single MU except Ice Climbers, including Sheik, was completely winnable. And I didn't just flat out lose.

As it stands now I can never regain that mentality. I can never main Ganon because I became so focused on my character needing to have better ratios, needing to move up on the tier list, needing better meaningless crap that I ruined my ability to play Ganondorf.

Stop complaining about other people's opinions of your character and better spend the time exploring options, practicing tech skill, and analyzing frame data. If you want to be taken seriously then GET BETTER. You aren't playing nearly gay enough. Camp harder.

Don't play to rep Pit. Play to rep yourself and WIN MONEY. I'm sick of players going "oh, I can place like 7th." **** THAT. There is no point. GO FOR FIRST OR GTFO.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
This so much. Ratios, MU numbers, tier list placing, all of that is completely irrelevant to anything, and the sooner people realize that the sooner they can stop *****ing about bad MUs and focus on getting better.

I used to work hard at Ganon because I didn't know just exactly how bad he was. I knew he was bottom. I knew he lost every MU. But because I didn't know exactly how badly he lost those MUs, I worked at them. I didn't give a damn about bad MUs, because in my head every single MU except Ice Climbers, including Sheik, was completely winnable. And I didn't just flat out lose.

As it stands now I can never regain that mentality. I can never main Ganon because I became so focused on my character needing to have better ratios, needing to move up on the tier list, needing better meaningless crap that I ruined my ability to play Ganondorf.

Stop complaining about other people's opinions of your character and better spend the time exploring options, practicing tech skill, and analyzing frame data. If you want to be taken seriously then GET BETTER. You aren't playing nearly gay enough. Camp harder.

Don't play to rep Pit. Play to rep yourself and WIN MONEY. I'm sick of players going "oh, I can place like 7th." **** THAT. There is no point. GO FOR FIRST OR GTFO.
I like your attitude bro! I don't agree w/ all the language, but you have the point down. It doesn't matter what other people think, and the tier list really is meaningless in a sense because if your out there winning tournaments with a considered "mid tier" character...then why does it matter?

Galatians 1:10
New International Version (NIV)
10 Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah, sorry about the language. I've been in a ****ty mood all day, slept in, wasn't exactly woken up nicely, etc.

Actually I've just been in a ****ty mood lately.

Over the past couple of weeks I've been beginning to understand game balance more and more. Been studying game design theory.

Oh, and an updated version of my MU list for anybody curious. Drastic reduction on chars played in it.

:metaknight:|:random:
:snake:|:pt:
:diddy:|:pt:
:falco:|:random:
:wario:|:ganondorf:
:marth:|:dedede:
:popo:|:yoshi2:
:olimar:|:random:
:pikachu2:|:lucario:
:dedede:|:dedede:
:gw:|:dedede:
:lucario:|:dedede:
:zerosuitsamus:|:pt:
:toonlink:|:dedede:
:kirby2:|:dedede:
:fox:|:sheik:
:rob:|:dedede:
:pit:|:dedede:/:pt:
:peach:|:dedede:
:dk2:|:dedede:
:luigi2:|:dedede:
:wolf:|:dedede:
:sonic:|:dedede:/:pt:
:ike:|:dedede:
:sheik:|:pt:
:ness2:|:dedede:
:pt:|:dedede:
:yoshi2:|:dedede:
:lucas:|:dedede:
:mario2:|:dedede:
:bowser2:|:dedede:
:falcon:|:ganondorf:
:samus2:|:pt:
:jigglypuff:|:pt:
:link2:|:dedede:
:zelda:|:pt:
:ganondorf:|:sheik:

Oh, and then there's my version I've been heavily considering.

:metaknight:|:lucario:
:snake:|:lucario:
:diddy:|:lucario:
:falco:|:lucario:
:wario:|:lucario:
:marth:|:lucario:
:popo:|:lucario:
:olimar:|:lucario:
:dedede:|:lucario:
:gw:|:lucario:
:lucario:|:lucario:
:zerosuitsamus:|:lucario:
:toonlink:|:lucario:
:kirby2:|:lucario:
:fox:|:lucario:
:rob:|:lucario:
:pit:|:lucario:
:peach:|:lucario:
:dk2:|:lucario:
:luigi2:|:lucario:
:wolf:|:lucario:
:sonic:|:lucario:
:ike:|:lucario:
:sheik:|:lucario:
:ness2:|:lucario:
:pt:|:lucario:
:yoshi2:|:lucario:
:lucas:|:lucario:
:mario2:|:lucario:
:bowser2:|:lucario:
:falcon:|:lucario:
:samus2:|:lucario:
:jigglypuff:|:lucario:
:link2:|:lucario:
:zelda:|:lucario:
:ganondorf:|:lucario:

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Yeah, sorry about the language. I've been in a ****ty mood all day, slept in, wasn't exactly woken up nicely, etc.

Actually I've just been in a ****ty mood lately.

Over the past couple of weeks I've been beginning to understand game balance more and more. Been studying game design theory.

Oh, and an updated version of my MU list for anybody curious. Drastic reduction on chars played in it.

:metaknight:|:random:
:snake:|:pt:
:diddy:|:pt:
:falco:|:random:
:wario:|:ganondorf:
:marth:|:dedede:
:popo:|:yoshi2:
:olimar:|:random:
:dedede:|:dedede:
:gw:|:dedede:
:lucario:|:dedede:
:zerosuitsamus:|:pt:
:toonlink:|:dedede:
:kirby2:|:dedede:
:fox:|:sheik:
:rob:|:dedede:
:pit:|:dedede:/:pt:
:peach:|:dedede:
:dk2:|:dedede:
:luigi2:|:dedede:
:wolf:|:dedede:
:sonic:|:dedede:/:pt:
:ike:|:dedede:
:sheik:|:pt:
:ness2:|:dedede:
:pt:|:dedede:
:yoshi2:|:dedede:
:lucas:|:dedede:
:mario2:|:dedede:
:bowser2:|:dedede:
:falcon:|:ganondorf:
:samus2:|:pt:
:jigglypuff:|:pt:
:link2:|:dedede:
:zelda:|:pt:
:ganondorf:|:sheik:

Oh, and then there's my version I've been heavily considering.

:metaknight:|:lucario:
:snake:|:lucario:
:diddy:|:lucario:
:falco:|:lucario:
:wario:|:lucario:
:marth:|:lucario:
:popo:|:lucario:
:olimar:|:lucario:
:dedede:|:lucario:
:gw:|:lucario:
:lucario:|:lucario:
:zerosuitsamus:|:lucario:
:toonlink:|:lucario:
:kirby2:|:lucario:
:fox:|:lucario:
:rob:|:lucario:
:pit:|:lucario:
:peach:|:lucario:
:dk2:|:lucario:
:luigi2:|:lucario:
:wolf:|:lucario:
:sonic:|:lucario:
:ike:|:lucario:
:sheik:|:lucario:
:ness2:|:lucario:
:pt:|:lucario:
:yoshi2:|:lucario:
:lucas:|:lucario:
:mario2:|:lucario:
:bowser2:|:lucario:
:falcon:|:lucario:
:samus2:|:lucario:
:jigglypuff:|:lucario:
:link2:|:lucario:
:zelda:|:lucario:
:ganondorf:|:lucario:
What do you mean by game balance? Where does Pit fit? Not that it matters, just curious..

& Kira is fun to watch even though he loses >_<

Xcallion

Smash Ace
dontcha hate it when someone is play just as safe and campy as you and neither one of you loses your patience and approaches? it gets a little boring and if you stop paying attention then you may lose your stock.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Brawl just seems to be a game that was in fact designed to be balanced, but a number of last minute design decisions and inconsistencies ruined that.

Did you know if MK's tornado kept with the rest of his sword hitboxes and was in fact transcendent, 90% of the moves in the game would beat it? ALL projectiles would go through. But for whatever reason, they were inconsistent, and Nado ruins a lot of characters who might otherwise stand a good chance at beating MK (Dedede among them).

Snake imo seems to have been designed with a larger model size in mind. Hence his massive, but mostly consistent, disjoints.

Act out of hitstun seems a last minute addition, since if you remove it but keep Brawl's hitstun value (0.40, identical to Melee) CPUs attempt preprogrammed combos. Luigi's combos are a special case and seem to work even with the act out of hitstun. I think this is mostly coincidence, as it's pretty much the only case.

Tripping seems a last-minute addition, and as said in an interview with Sakurai nanners were a last minute addition. Diddy was supposed to be essentially a hybrid of Icies and PT/ZeldaSheik, switching between Dixie and himself.

Pit as far as I can tell has no real bugs outside of WoI which seems intentional, and has great tools to complement his design. imo Pit is one of the best designed characters in the game, even if I don't necessarily like that design.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
got matches recorded against sama's lucario and wolf, and against trela's lucario today. i did good against sama, all of them were pretty neck and neck, heavy fluctuation in my performance against trela though. gotta say i was experimenting with some new stuff to me today (wing dash oos, have started learning to read some stuff finally even against trela, other WOI stuff) and if/when they get put up you will notice 3 things:

1. some of what i was working helped my gameplay
2. sometimes it really got me screwed over
3. i messed up a lot of pivot arrows :( :( :(

edit:
and as trela pointed out, a terrible rolling habit :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Tesh

Smash Hero
maharba, you should let me train you, my pit is top notch

i camp

link2702

Smash Champion
reason why i really wish nintendo would think about putting in a patching system......

serioulsy....they are in the world of online now, its about time they catch up with the times....

Abel1994

Smash Lord
:D

Ok guys look like in ssb4 our pit will changed a lot.

He looses the dual sword

here is what will happen

He will get a beam sword gun that can shoot arrow and blast.
He will play will a falco now I guess :/

Xcallion

Smash Ace
could be useful when timing someone out, as long as you dont get called on stalling/scrooging.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
have you guys read the unity ruleset? ONLY METAKNIGHT HAS A SCROOGING LIMIT. and it DOES NOT COUNT AS STALLING FOR ANY OTHER CHARACTER, IT IS CONSIDERED CAMPING AND GOOD POSITIONING. this was already discussed, which is why when i play MKs, all i do is scrooge the whole match and run away, because we can shoot and loop arrows even from under the stage, we can always claim that we are camping. this is legit.

@tesh,
if i had the patience to do that in friendlies, i would. seriously though props for mega gay play. lol tesh i call you mr. timeout from now on

Tesh

Smash Hero
Its legit camping for Pit. I honestly just chill there and shoot arrows. If you come near me , I can backthrow you if u come to the platform or fly WAAAAAAAAAAAY around you if i dont have the balls to fight atm.

Also, Maharba, if you can loop and arrow around UNDER the stage and hit someone, that would be epic cool.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Guys I found something revolutionary against Toon Link.
Please explain, along with what you said earlier! I am so bad @ this matchup, you don't even know, lol. Jash told me that Earth beat him by dair camping, and gliding under the stage and camping. If you have better ideas, please explain! lol

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
have you guys read the unity ruleset? ONLY METAKNIGHT HAS A SCROOGING LIMIT. and it DOES NOT COUNT AS STALLING FOR ANY OTHER CHARACTER, IT IS CONSIDERED CAMPING AND GOOD POSITIONING. this was already discussed, which is why when i play MKs, all i do is scrooge the whole match and run away, because we can shoot and loop arrows even from under the stage, we can always claim that we are camping. this is legit.

@tesh,
if i had the patience to do that in friendlies, i would. seriously though props for mega gay play. lol tesh i call you mr. timeout from now on
tryna hang out tomorrow bro?

on the ledge:troll:?

Top Bottom