• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Klonoa DLC Support Thread: Dream Travelers Unite!

Kamen Rider Kiva

Smash Rookie
E3 is June 16th - 18th.
Lucas DLC is in June.
Maybe he'll debut at E3, along with an update much like how when Mewtwo was released, the game received an update.
Maybe they'll have some hidden coding for Klonoa like they did for Roy & Ryu.

One can only dream lol.
That'd be amazing! If Klonoa appeared at E3, I'd just be the happiest person ever! XD

Oh yeah, here's some more progress on that Klonoa Smash Bros painting:

Also, if Klonoa were to be revealed to be in E3, wouldn't that also open up the possibility of a new Klonoa game as well?

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
A tidbit that may or may not be true. Apparently Klonoa's voice actress Kumiko Watanabe initially voiced Mario during the beta version of SM64 before Charles Martinet took over.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Just imagine if Klonoa actually gets in, this thread would blow up.

But if other characters get revealed or more data is found and it's not Klonoa the chances pretty much plummet lol.

Kamen Rider Kiva

Smash Rookie
Just imagine if Klonoa actually gets in, this thread would blow up.

But if other characters get revealed or more data is found and it's not Klonoa the chances pretty much plummet lol.
Dude, if Klonoa gets in, it'd be the greatest thing ever.
I gotta wonder, though, if Klonoa were to be in Smash bros, would he get an Amiibo? If he did get one, what would it do in-game?

Kamen Rider Kiva

Smash Rookie
I finished the painting, I'll let y'all know when it gets graded what grade I made

Anyway, here's the painting (The shading is a bit crap, but I digress):

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Isn't the creator of Klonoa still with Namco? It'd be cool if he personally asks Sakurai to put Klonoa in Smash 4.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I wonder if Klonoa's creator is helping with Smash 5, that would be another straw to grasp at for this guy to be included.

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
just popping in to say i made the Klonoa banner for my sig! forgot to show it to the thread.

took some pictures from Google and threw it together, i actually like this one the most out of the ones i made.

on another note, i went ahead and bought his games on the E-shop and i'm playing through them now. so far i'm having fun with the first one. (playing the first one before going through the second one.) but i'm not blazing through it, taking my sweet time playing.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
just popping in to say i made the Klonoa banner for my sig! forgot to show it to the thread.

took some pictures from Google and threw it together, i actually like this one the most out of the ones i made.

on another note, i went ahead and bought his games on the E-shop and i'm playing through them now. so far i'm having fun with the first one. (playing the first one before going through the second one.) but i'm not blazing through it, taking my sweet time playing.
That's a pretty nice banner you made there! =D

I don't know if this has been posted here before, but someone on deviantart made a nice Palutena's Guidance conversation.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
A tidbit that may or may not be true. Apparently Klonoa's voice actress Kumiko Watanabe initially voiced Mario during the beta version of SM64 before Charles Martinet took over.
Good lord, why am I laughing after imagining Mario with Klonoa's cutesy voice? I can't stop holding it in since it's already a ridiculous mental image. :laugh:

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Honestly, Having people beg for Klonoa on almost every site I've been on has left a sour taste in my mouth. Even some going far to say this obscure little mascot should be put in over Pac-Man. (Because he's so 'irrelevant') And like Geno, It's things like this that make me stay away from the said game. But anyways: I can honestly say this character would not get me excited in anyway shape or form in my opinion. Now if you want a character in: that's fine. I wanted another Namco rep in at one point: Mr. Driller. But both of these mascots suffer one flaw that nobody seems to get: They are obscure.

And 3rd party is a rather huge deal in Smash Bros, Why do you think we got Sonic, Pac-Man, Mega Man and Snake? They are not just heavily requested, they are Iconic. And If Klonoa was added in over Pac-Man, I can safely say things would go much worse seeing how every companies main mascot except Namco's was included. (Plus people thought he would have a moveset based off PMW which showed he had plenty of potential as a fighter.) And honestly: I can't really see the appeal in Klonoa's character. He just looks... generic. Even more than a lot of other Animal mascots I've seen than Bubsy.

Now I'm not here to rub this in your faces or cause any drama, but please don't go around bashing Pac-Man and don't deny that your character is obscure. Hey, Mr. Driller is obscure too... He was made by the same guy who made Klonoa anyway! And seeing how our Third Party reps have all been mainly Icons... I can't say it's too likely. ((If anything they could at least reference him in Pac-Man's taunt of course)) And honestly you have to admit: there are plenty of other characters who would probably deserve a spot more first than a character who's had about 4 obscure games. ((Mario, Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man have had much more than that for sure))

This is just my 2 cents though, I don't want to cause any arguments with this.

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Honestly, Having people beg for Klonoa on almost every site I've been on has left a sour taste in my mouth. Even some going far to say this obscure little mascot should be put in over Pac-Man. (Because he's so 'irrelevant') And like Geno, It's things like this that make me stay away from the said game. But anyways: I can honestly say this character would not get me excited in anyway shape or form in my opinion. Now if you want a character in: that's fine. I wanted another Namco rep in at one point: Mr. Driller. But both of these mascots suffer one flaw that nobody seems to get: They are obscure.

And 3rd party is a rather huge deal in Smash Bros, Why do you think we got Sonic, Pac-Man, Mega Man and Snake? They are not just heavily requested, they are Iconic. And If Klonoa was added in over Pac-Man, I can safely say things would go much worse seeing how every companies main mascot except Namco's was included. (Plus people thought he would have a moveset based off PMW which showed he had plenty of potential as a fighter.) And honestly: I can't really see the appeal in Klonoa's character. He just looks... generic. Even more than a lot of other Animal mascots I've seen than Bubsy.

Now I'm not here to rub this in your faces or cause any drama, but please don't go around bashing Pac-Man and don't deny that your character is obscure. Hey, Mr. Driller is obscure too... He was made by the same guy who made Klonoa anyway! And seeing how our Third Party reps have all been mainly Icons... I can't say it's too likely. ((If anything they could at least reference him in Pac-Man's taunt of course)) And honestly you have to admit: there are plenty of other characters who would probably deserve a spot more first than a character who's had about 4 obscure games. ((Mario, Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man have had much more than that for sure))

No hard feelings man. It's just your opinion after all.
This is just a discussion thread anyway. It's not like we're all here to bash Pac-Man.

ErenJager

Smash Champion

Seems odd to enter a support thread and basically post flame bait, but to each their own.... Especiallly in a thread that has died down as of late... You basically bumped a support thread with unsupportive comments.
Slightly odd. Also Pacman's already confirmed and no one here is saying Klonoa should get in over Pac anymore... As its kinda too late.

Any how obscure characters have been added before etc... Your points are opinions not fact.

Also we fully realize we're grasping at straws to have klonoa added.

Dish0ut

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
BASI#977
NNID
Yoderman2
3DS FC
0817-4278-1423
Switch FC
SW-6074-4583-8904
"No obscure Characters allowed"

I jest.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
..Now that Ryu is official...

Maybe Namco gets a second rep....??

Klonoa plus 2 vets? Wolf & Ice Climbers??? lol

..living the dream.

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
those alts look really good! i would most likely use the Orange Fur/Pink Clothes Variant (color 6).

Mario123311

Smash Ace
..Now that Ryu is official...

Maybe Namco gets a second rep....??

Klonoa plus 2 vets? Wolf & Ice Climbers??? lol

..living the dream.
If anything I think someone like Mappy, Dig Dug, Bravoman or Ms. Pac-Man is more deserving...

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
If anything I think someone like Mappy, Dig Dug, Bravoman or Ms. Pac-Man is more deserving...
Not trying to be rude here but why don't you go say that in some other thread, liken the DLC thread or the Bravo Man, Mappy, Dig Dig or Ms. Pac-Man thread?

Also seriously Ms. Pac-Man, Bravo Man and Mappy?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Hmmm... Since the topic has gone in a direction of other namco rep possibilities... My top wants/ choices are....

1) Klonoa
2) Mametchi
3) Suizo (Monster Rancher)
4) Lloyd Irving
5) Dig-Dug
6) Kos-mos
7) Ms. Pacman
8) Agumon

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I'm just glad people still care enough to make Klonoa & smash related art.
Looks good tho, I gotta second the Guntz colour palette though.

TylerBlackRunIt

I'm from YouTube
3DS FC
2509-3601-8302
If Namco does get another representation I strongly believe that Klonoa is the better option. :4pacman:
You can download both GBA version of Klonoa right now on the Eshop for $6.99 each. :4shulk:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I still oughta say Ms. Pac-Man... Just because Namco treats her like dirt these days IMO.

Also I have seen very little of the Klonoa games... can't say they look bad but they don't really catch my interest alot too much either I guess like the way Pac-Man World did to me. (donthurtme)

But I'll leave you all alone here.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Hey Guys,

I'm thinking Klonoa is a real possibility for Friday... I think getting a secret unforeseen character like Klonoa is just gonna happen.

King K. Rool is looking toast so I dont think we getting popular characters. I think we'll get vets and third parties. Just like previous DLC characters.

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
Hey Guys,

I'm thinking Klonoa is a real possibility for Friday... I think getting a secret unforeseen character like Klonoa is just gonna happen.

King K. Rool is looking toast so I dont think we getting popular characters. I think we'll get vets and third parties. Just like previous DLC characters.
I could have sworn that Sakurai said that the next characters would be fan service or from the ballot. I'm gonna hold out hope but I doubt we'll get a character until the ballot ends.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Lloyd is a mii fighter costume...

He was like our biggest competition...

What if Klonoa is playable like Ryu and other popular namco characters are just costumes similar to megaman X, and Ken were for the last DLC pack...

...It's all coming together...

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
Lloyd is a mii fighter costume...

He was like our biggest competition...

What if Klonoa is playable like Ryu and other popular namco characters are just costumes similar to megaman X, and Ken were for the last DLC pack...

...It's all coming together...
I swear I will be pissed if we get a Klonoa costume. It's only him of Jin Kazuma at this point.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I swear I will be pissed if we get a Klonoa costume. It's only him of Jin Kazuma at this point.
The best case scenario is Klonoa ends up being playable.
Lloyd only had one game with Nintendo, Klonoa has a bit of history with Nintendo, and games on the Wii U Eshop... in 2014 and 2015... Klonoa remains relevant.
Klonoa's moveset potential looks fairly fun and diverse, more so than pretty much any other Namco character.
I feel a lot of people look over Klonoa and haven't given the character enough consideration.

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
Heihachi is a costume.
Lloyd Irving is a costume.

Klonoa's chance is increasing by the minute.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Just thinking about Klonoa in smash just gets me hyped.

Supporting a longshot character this long... And actually making the cut would be insane.

Top Bottom