• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Matchups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
I realize it was Kirby week for Conquest Mode so I did a bunch of rounds with him. Here some stuff I found.

Against Villager
I know enough that gimping doesn't work well on him. So I need to kill him. A well time Fsmash beats his Dash Attack. Same with Usmash against his Dair. I usually forget to absorb his power. It is a good power but I don't want him to use his. Also, I learned the hard way that you cannot eat tree.

Little Mac
Ah, Lil Mac. Everyone's favorite Nooby Killer. Ducking and Dtilt destroy this guy. Charge B? Duck. Ftilt? Duck. Fsmash angle anywhere but down? Duck! Dash attack? A well time dtilt. KO Punch ready? Run away for 12 seconds then dtilt. You're above him and assume he's going to do Usmash? Stone. Its becoming more fun to fight him now.

Greninja
Yes, you guys are right. This character is a pain to fight. The only reason I won and made my opponent ragequit because he tried to counter a full charge hammer. He went flying instead.

Link
I never found him difficult. In Brawl, I fought a plenty of good toon links so I had a good understanding of this matchup. Luckily, we can use the boomerang to our advantage since it brings us closer. Take advantage of that. Arrow and I believe the grab can be duck. Dash Attack and Air Dodge can catch bombs. So unless he cooks them, throw them back. He is heavy and still have a predictable upB. You know what to do.

Hmm... Looks like Wii Fit Trainer will have a hard time grabbing Kirby while he is standing. Take advantage of that.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Rosalina cannot downB Kirby's Luma shot.
This is HUGE.
Who in their right mind thought that Kirby's Luma could be absorbed? I mean, Kirby copies every property from the moves. If Rosalina's Luma can't be absorbed, Kirby's can't, either. However, in teams, it can be reflected.

Oh, also, Kirby's Luma has more priority over Rosalina's Luma, and while I may be wrong on this, so far from testing, you can't hit Kirby's Luma way/stop it by hitting it like you can to Rosalina's.

@GmFzzTgr

Villager has an essentially infinite horizontal recovery, as no blast zone is far enough away from the stage where Lloid Rocket can't recover from. You shouldn't really expect to kill him with F-Air strings unless you can get them so far in that he dies himself from being knocked out, but then you'll die from the lack of recovery. If you can pocket a projectile of his, mainly one of the slingshot rocks or one of those little flower pots, you could finish the F-Air string with that and get the kill while still recovering.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I didn't realize Rosalina's anti-projectile move was an "absorb" I always thought of it as having "reflector" properties. After all, playing Megaman vs Rosalina, all of his projectile moves including Dair and Upair etc can be "reflected" by her downB and they hit him when they're in the swirly part.

But yeah, she can't do that to Luma, and Kirby's Luma eats right through hers and just bodies her. It's also a viable kill move in the 100s, it's extremely good and I'd suggest getting the power whenever you see your chance.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I didn't realize Rosalina's anti-projectile move was an "absorb" I always thought of it as having "reflector" properties. After all, playing Megaman vs Rosalina, all of his projectile moves including Dair and Upair etc can be "reflected" by her downB and they hit him when they're in the swirly part.

But yeah, she can't do that to Luma, and Kirby's Luma eats right through hers and just bodies her. It's also a viable kill move in the 100s, it's extremely good and I'd suggest getting the power whenever you see your chance.
Ooh. I assumed that at first until I started seeing her literally eat projectiles, such as PK Thunder.

I love her Luma Shot, haha.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Every time I see a Link I still think "what a joke, free win" :x Even if they play keepaway and rack up nearly 100% damage before I can get a hit on them, once I finally get close he's combo and gimp bait. Once you start combooing him you just need to watch out for his jab, which comes out very fast and all Links love to do it when you're close, but it's punishable at the end. And if he's in the air his best combo breakers are Nair or Dair, which can both be shield punished.

Little Mac I still feel Kirby beats with ease, but the big problem is when you meet a Mac that's good at mixing up Counters, because then the free edgeguards become risky. Just stay in the air and bait him out. Abuse your jumps and shield, the worst he can do is grab you, and his grab isn't too good. Also you can't shield KO punch for some reason so keep that in mind :/ you can duck it usually but apparently it can sometimes hit if Kirby's crouching idle animation brings him up a bit. Also dtilt->KO punch is a combo at some percents.

I'm starting to think Greninja was designed by someone other than who made most of the other characters or something. It just seems they gave him everything for the hell of it.
Thanks. I'm not as advanced a player but I'd like to get as good as I can. I guess I should be more patient with Link players. The ones that mess me up definitely play keepaway. It gets me so frustrated cause I feel like I can't get close to him. I'll definitely keep in mind, shielding. Thanks for all the tips.

C.O.M.M

Smash Cadet
I've been having some trouble dealing with ROB as of late, it seems his aerials always trumps Kirbys, his laser is incredibly useful and duck able but against good players who bounces it around it can become troublesome. His spin moves makes him almost hard to approach and his Gyromite can be an utter pain, on top of his amazing recovery and heaviness.

Anybody got suggestions or something to add?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Not too long ago fought a good Meta Knight in best 3 out of 5, (3-2 won) and I must say... Meta Knight lost his gimping and D-Smash powers, but I still had a hard time. He's a big threat when he's in the air where he is still speedy and can space well, but on the ground I'll say Kirby's Tilt options are better. Some of my deaths were by moves I didn't expect to kill like D-Special (kills at 100%?!), or his U-Special out of his D-Grab, other than that, most of my deaths was due to high percentage. Most of my kills towards Meta Knight where ether B-Throw or D-Smash, (it's so much harder to kill with F-Smash without the C-Stick T_T). More or less it's like play chess with him rather than he has to come to you like in Brawl... then again most Smash Bros matches are like that, lol.

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
Ugh Captain falcon, rosalina and yoshi are nightmares too. and i can't seem to handle grabby dedede's.. Are you guys sure dedede isn't a difficult match up for Kirby? I'm not even talking about the gordos.

I get out ranged and out damaged and comboed to hell and can't break free. I ran into a good player online who kept counter picking me with Yoshi and Dedede, it got to the point where he kept taunting me with Dedede's crouch because he kept winning, then he quit after 2 stocking me with Dedede.

All these uphill fights are leading to a horrible depression, and Kirby is becoming discouraging for me to use :/

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
my question is why sakurai nerfed kirby so much and not fix the problems he had since melee? seriously, you'd think he would know better by now...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ While I don't think Kirby's been nerfed, he does feel slightly harder to use than before, or maybe it's just the 3DS Circle Pad. ^_^;

☯ For now my personally most hardest match up when I have Kirby is Lucario for now, when his percent gets high his aura attacks at has the craziest range, not to mention that Side-Special and Down-Special will kill if your percent is around 80 or so. It's hard for me to bait with tilts because of this. My kill moves from him ether comes for B-Air when he's off the ledge, or... Stone when if I know where he's going, it feels risky too do Smash moves on him, lol.

Last edited:

SapphSabre777

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4742-5094-9684
☯ While I don't think Kirby's been nerfed, he does feel slightly harder to use than before, or maybe it's just the 3DS Circle Pad. ^_^;

☯ For now my personally most hardest match up when I have Kirby is Lucario for now, when his percent gets high his aura attacks at has the craziest range, not to mention that Side-Special and Down-Special will kill if your percent is around 80 or so. It's hard for me to bait with tilts because of this. My kill moves from him ether comes for B-Air when he's off the ledge, or... Stone when if I know where he's going, it feels risky too do Smash moves on him, lol.
Yeah, I think Kirby has a very hard time with ANY hard hitter in this game. Period. In fact, I think Kirby's hardest matchups will be not against faster opponents, but bulkier and stronger opponents.

Ganondorf is just brutal to Kirby, in my honest opinion. Kirby can't necessarily use an aerial game because U-Air outspeeds all of Kirby's aerials (I think) and D-Air pretty much is a deadly trap to prevent Kirby from flying. His attacks have longer range than Kirby, making it extremely difficult for Kirby to come close. Ganondorf essentially can do whatever he wants and Kirby must respect everything he does; otherwise, it will lead to KOs off the wazoo.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think Kirby has a very hard time with ANY hard hitter in this game. Period. In fact, I think Kirby's hardest matchups will be not against faster opponents, but bulkier and stronger opponents.

Ganondorf is just brutal to Kirby, in my honest opinion. Kirby can't necessarily use an aerial game because U-Air outspeeds all of Kirby's aerials (I think) and D-Air pretty much is a deadly trap to prevent Kirby from flying. His attacks have longer range than Kirby, making it extremely difficult for Kirby to come close. Ganondorf essentially can do whatever he wants and Kirby must respect everything he does; otherwise, it will lead to KOs off the wazoo.
I disagree about Ganon but maybe I'm fighting weak Ganon players. Ganon cannot do much against you (but I guess he does not have to). You can duck B, Down B, Dash Attack, A, Ftilt, Fsmash, Grab and sometimes Side B depends on the position. Uair is iffy for that is what Stone is for. You got to be lucky to get hit by Dair (Not saying it impossible but you got read hard). His UpB is bad so gimp. Our B beats all his approach tactics except for Fair. You can make him approach with Final Cutter. He is a easier Captain Falcon.

chaosmasterro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chaosmasterro
How does Kirby stop Yoshi. Yoshi's ground game and air game is superior to Kirby's. Eggs forces me to approach. Any suggestions to help ease the matchup?

Mr.CreamCakes

Smash Cadet
honestly Kirbys MUs r mostly decent or good
his nair can sometimes break combos.
he can combo most characters really well.
one word... HIS DUCK omg its so useful
like he can utilt the heavy and fastfallers to no end.
against character with high combo potential I use nair since it has lots of priority and comes out fast
he kills decently like
his best MU I think is ZSS like he literally can dodge 50% of her moves by ducking.
kirbys gonna be good this game

this is wut I think

Good MUs: :4zss::4ganondorf::4bowser::4megaman::4dk::4myfriends::4ness::4wiifit::4villager::4link::4littlemac::4falco::4zelda::4charizard::4bowserjr:

Decent MUs: :4falcon::4charizard::4darkpit::4dedede::4drmario::4fox::4jigglypuff::4luigi::4metaknight::4olimar::4peach::4palutena::4robinm::4samus::4tlink::4pit::4pikachu:

Bad MUs: :4diddy::4duckhunt::4marth::4mario::4drmario::4lucina::4lucario::4greninja::4pacman::4rob::4wario::4sonic::4shulk::rosalina::4sheik::4gaw::4yoshi:

Last edited:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Villager is a good matchup. I like to see your gameplay on this.
Bowser Jr. is a bad matchup? I disagree.

Mr.CreamCakes

Smash Cadet
Villager is a good matchup. I like to see your gameplay on this.
Bowser Jr. is a bad matchup? I disagree.
I assumed about bowser jr but if kirby swallows villager, he could easily wall him with the pocket since so many of his move R projectiles. Kirby can also combo on him a lot. His crouch also lets him dodge so many moves like its that amazing.

Last edited:

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
Villager may have a lot of projectiles, but villager is able to easily approach with his sling shot + loid and combo us to death if we aren't careful. We also can't gimp villager. Fast fall + dair+ foot stool + fast fall Dair + footstool is one of our best ways for us to kill villager, but it's very risky, and if we miss even once, they recover to the ledge before we can and they can spike us.

Last edited:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
I assumed about bowser jr but if kirby swallows villager, he could easily wall him with the pocket since so many of his move R projectiles. Kirby can also combo on him a lot. His crouch also lets him dodge so many moves like its that amazing.
My apologies. I should not dismiss your statement with giving out a proper rebuttal. Allow me explain the Bowser Jr. Matchup since I went several rounds with him today.

Most of his moves compared to us are slow or have less priority. So we beat him to the punch. If he ever does his Side B (and tries to hit you with it) that is a free hit for you. Choose your poison. Up B is interesting. Not only can you Meteor Smash him, but he is completely vulnerable until he touches the ledge or ground. So a simple hit will always gimp him. Watch out for Bombs, dtilt and fair. Get his power if you can and you should be set.

Obtaining Pocket is easier said than done from my experience. Also, we will give him a reason to use his own pocket. Which moves can we duck? I know we cannot duck his Gyroid and his dash attack/dair/fair are all annoying to deal with it

Last edited:

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
we can duck under the short hopped slingshot and punch away the rocket, but that just gives them an opportunity t follow up on us. Never shield the rocket, a good one will just try to grab us if we do. Our version of pocket also seems to be on a shorter timer than villagers, we can only hold an item for 30 seconds or so, so they'll be expecting it, and they'll just pocket whatever we threw back at them. I've been playing with a good villager player from these boards. It's definitely a frustrating fight where a mistake could cost you dearly.

Mr.CreamCakes

Smash Cadet
My apologies. I should not dismiss your statement with giving out a proper rebuttal. Allow me explain the Bowser Jr. Matchup since I went several rounds with him today.

Most of his moves compared to us are slow or have less priority. So we beat him to the punch. If he ever does his Side B (and tries to hit you with it) that is a free hit for you. Choose your poison. Up B is interesting. Not only can you Meteor Smash him, but he is completely vulnerable until he touches the ledge or ground. So a simple hit will always gimp him. Watch out for Bombs, dtilt and fair. Get his power if you can and you should be set.

Obtaining Pocket is easier said than done from my experience. Also, we will give him a reason to use his own pocket. Which moves can we duck? I know we cannot duck his Gyroid and his dash attack/dair/fair are all annoying to deal with it
Oh I haven't played a good bowser jr yet. I thought he would be hard for kirby because of projectile and traps but I guess not. He has a good amount of decent and good match ups. I think he's midtiers

oGr33n

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3050-7615-9118
I got owned by a lucario repeatedly today! I was combo'ed into multiple f-airs (three, diangonally upwards). Lucario's aerials have higher priority . I haven't learned how to deal with how he dances around me if I were to stay on the ground; he would jump in an arc at a height where I'm just out of range with my aerials. I tried gimping him hard; I was able to b-air him all the way under Jungle Japes FD and yet he was able to fly back, never did I scream BS as loud as I did.

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
I've had a toon link recover from under the middle of battlefield after I kirbycided him under there. That was infuriating too.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
@ GrnFzzTgr GrnFzzTgr If you need help with the Villager MU, I can help you out. My main sparring partner is a Villager main, and quite a proficient one at that.

Here's a couple things I picked up from our matches:

- Villager is incredibly vulnerable while off-stage. His recovery, Balloon Trip, doesn't really protect him from anything, and is pretty obvious. Using Stone can easily catch him, and you can have some pretty good ledge games with proficient Villager players. If you have customs on, using Upper Cutter to stage spike him is amazing. Along with that, Meteor Stone can easily kill him at low percents, and can grab kills off ledge camping Villagers. D-Air puts Villager in a bad position, so while he's floating back up, try to B-Air for a stage spike. It's also easy to anticipate whatever attack he'll throw out at you while you're approaching him off-stage, so just airdodge it.

- Kirby's Pocket is incredibly useful for the MU, but you need to be wise about it. Lloid Rocket isn't really that useful for Kirby, as it's an easily anticipated projectile, usually being re-pocketed by Villager for a double Lloid wall. Slingshot is great to Pocket, as it's a quick projectile that's hard to dodge if not anticipated. If you pocket the Slingshot while the move is just starting (closer to Villager), then the move has increased knockback - if further away, the knockback is decreased. The move actually kills when Pocketing close, too. Tree is great, but most Villager players will be weary about using it while you have their ability. Bowling Ball is nice, too, but isn't really easy to Pocket in a heated match.

- For Lloid Rocket + Slingshot, if the Lloid is above and they're SHing the Slingshot, just duck. If the Lloid is below and they're FHing the Slingshot, then block the Lloid and spotdodge any approaches. Otherwise, you can just jump over it, haha.

- B-Throw to B-Air is very nice on Villager, as it goes until around 20% or so (for specifics, check T1mMy's guide). However, don't just start a match with it, and don't use it every time while they're at low percents. It's very easy to anticipate and dodge, so be weary. Most games, I don't use B-Throw to B-Air as the opportinity doesn't open up, but when I do, it's usually after a D-Air or for punishing a laggy move.

- N-Air is incredibly useful against Villager. If you just got past a flurry of projectiles, an N-Air will usually beat whatever Villager is going to throw at you. Also, it's good as a get-away move when you're near them, so use it!

- If they're recovering with the Lloid Rocket, just jump up and N-Air or F-Air them. If you want to grab a kill, you can B-Air them, too. D-Air is a bit harder to land, as the start-up time usually allows them to zip past you.

There's more that I can add, but I'm getting a bit tired, so I'll leave it at that for now. If anybody needs help with this MU, I'll try to give you tips!

---

The Villager that I usually play with won a tournament today. After that, I asked if I could fight him on-stream directly after the tournament. We did a Bof3, and I ended up winning both matches, haha. Some people in the chat said I should be the champion, lol.

@ Wasoodle Wasoodle Also, we need to play some matches! I do a lot better in friendlies than I do on Asterisk's stream, as most people aren't really that challenging there. It's mainly why I stood there and danced sometimes, haha.

Last edited:

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
@ Aunt Jemima Aunt Jemima Thanks for the tips against villager. The one I play against seems pretty proficient as well, always seems to read me like a book, and his reflexes are just flat out better than mine.

I got pretty infuriated the other day when he beat me in a Kirby ditto, despite my Kirby being better than his. I have the combos down for the most part, (he doesn't know the comboes) but his reflexes are just flat out superior to mine. (Short hop and fasts falling, retreating aerials on the 3DS with no problems) Caves of life spawning on Arena Ferox saving him or helping him rack up damage on me too, mostly saving him.

Would have KO'd him for the win, had a cave of life not spawned exactly when I hit him with charged F- Smash him for a kill, and then another one spawning just as he knocked me into the air with u-tilt, leading to me bouncing against the ceiling and floor of the cave repeatedly like a ping pall ball., as he kept utilting. (Yes I tried teching) Even he admitted that the stage kept saving him.

I'd love to spar with you sometime so I could improve and get constructive criticism, also just to play, because I prefer friendlies. But that'll have to wait. Smash Wii U will probably be out by the time I'm recovered and I'll be pretty rusty. (I just got home from the hospital after having a surgery. I'm pretty durgged up with pain killers and antibiotics)

I can't even play my favorite games like Kirby's Adventure or Metroid very well!

Also @ Wasoodle Wasoodle , you're the Waso on skype who added me, correct?

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
@ Aunt Jemima Aunt Jemima Thanks for the tips against villager. The one I play against seems pretty proficient as well, always seems to read me like a book, and his reflexes are just flat out better than mine.

I got pretty infuriated the other day when he beat me in a Kirby ditto, despite my Kirby being better than his. I have the combos down for the most part, (he doesn't know the comboes) but his reflexes are just flat out superior to mine. (Short hop and fasts falling, retreating aerials on the 3DS with no problems) Caves of life spawning on Arena Ferox saving him or helping him rack up damage on me too, mostly saving him.

Would have KO'd him for the win, had a cave of life not spawned exactly when I hit him with charged F- Smash him for a kill, and then another one spawning just as he knocked me into the air with u-tilt, leading to me bouncing against the ceiling and floor of the cave repeatedly like a ping pall ball., as he kept utilting. (Yes I tried teching) Even he admitted that the stage kept saving him.

I'd love to spar with you sometime so I could improve and get constructive criticism, also just to play, because I prefer friendlies. But that'll have to wait. Smash Wii U will probably be out by the time I'm recovered and I'll be pretty rusty. (I just got home from the hospital after having a surgery. I'm pretty durgged up with pain killers and antibiotics)

I can't even play my favorite games like Kirby's Adventure or Metroid very well!

May I ask who it is that you play against?

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
I play against @Jigglystep. He says I'm the best casual he's ever played against, haha. Says I'm at least good enough to hold my own against competitive players.

I don't really know what kind of player to consider myself. I'm not interested in ladders or tournaments, and I can't really go to events, but I'm very interested in learning, and improving with my favorite characters, and I read these forums and watch videos for ideas and tips.

Casual, competitive? Semi-competitive? I don't know where I fall. I also play against folks from the smash boards skype chat from time to time.

Last edited:

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
@ GrnFzzTgr GrnFzzTgr If you need help with the Villager MU, I can help you out. My main sparring partner is a Villager main, and quite a proficient one at that.

Here's a couple things I picked up from our matches:

- Villager is incredibly vulnerable while off-stage. His recovery, Balloon Trip, doesn't really protect him from anything, and is pretty obvious. Using Stone can easily catch him, and you can have some pretty good ledge games with proficient Villager players. If you have customs on, using Upper Cutter to stage spike him is amazing. Along with that, Meteor Stone can easily kill him at low percents, and can grab kills off ledge camping Villagers. D-Air puts Villager in a bad position, so while he's floating back up, try to B-Air for a stage spike. It's also easy to anticipate whatever attack he'll throw out at you while you're approaching him off-stage, so just airdodge it.

- Kirby's Pocket is incredibly useful for the MU, but you need to be wise about it. Lloid Rocket isn't really that useful for Kirby, as it's an easily anticipated projectile, usually being re-pocketed by Villager for a double Lloid wall. Slingshot is great to Pocket, as it's a quick projectile that's hard to dodge if not anticipated. If you pocket the Slingshot while the move is just starting (closer to Villager), then the move has increased knockback - if further away, the knockback is decreased. The move actually kills when Pocketing close, too. Tree is great, but most Villager players will be weary about using it while you have their ability. Bowling Ball is nice, too, but isn't really easy to Pocket in a heated match.

- For Lloid Rocket + Slingshot, if the Lloid is above and they're SHing the Slingshot, just duck. If the Lloid is below and they're FHing the Slingshot, then block the Lloid and spotdodge any approaches. Otherwise, you can just jump over it, haha.

- B-Throw to B-Air is very nice on Villager, as it goes until around 20% or so (for specifics, check T1mMy's guide). However, don't just start a match with it, and don't use it every time while they're at low percents. It's very easy to anticipate and dodge, so be weary. Most games, I don't use B-Throw to B-Air as the opportinity doesn't open up, but when I do, it's usually after a D-Air or for punishing a laggy move.

- N-Air is incredibly useful against Villager. If you just got past a flurry of projectiles, an N-Air will usually beat whatever Villager is going to throw at you. Also, it's good as a get-away move when you're near them, so use it!

- If they're recovering with the Lloid Rocket, just jump up and N-Air or F-Air them. If you want to grab a kill, you can B-Air them, too. D-Air is a bit harder to land, as the start-up time usually allows them to zip past you.

There's more that I can add, but I'm getting a bit tired, so I'll leave it at that for now. If anybody needs help with this MU, I'll try to give you tips!

---

The Villager that I usually play with won a tournament today. After that, I asked if I could fight him on-stream directly after the tournament. We did a Bof3, and I ended up winning both matches, haha. Some people in the chat said I should be the champion, lol.

@ Wasoodle Wasoodle Also, we need to play some matches! I do a lot better in friendlies than I do on Asterisk's stream, as most people aren't really that challenging there. It's mainly why I stood there and danced sometimes, haha.
Yeah, we should! My friend code is 0774-5216-8756. Should be fun and interesting since I main villager as well. xD

Indeed I am!

MaximTomato

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1118-0313-9599
Does anyone else here have trouble with Mario? I can't seem to get in safely and for some reason I'm getting spiked like crazy by him >.<

MaximTomato

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1118-0313-9599
I see a pattern of him doing a dash attack, then rolling or sometimes a dash grab. I see what he is doing but I can't figure out how to punish properly.

MaximTomato

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1118-0313-9599
I just fought a villager who knew what he was doing. He was really annoying with his slingshot and his gyroids and every projectile in the book. The match got a lot easier when I stopped trying to gimp him offstage because it doesn't work out too well for kirby. Try to lead him to the middle of the stage where you can combo his pants off. I also let him approach me by just avoiding all his projectiles at a distance, eventually he came to me.

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
That's how we use Kirby. They have to approach us' since our approach is poor.

WootSnorlax

Smash Apprentice
Just curious about something with Diddy Kong. Does our inhale beat Diddy's side special? If it does it really does help the matchup a little into Kirby's favor as that move is a little telegraphed especially off stage.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
I believe it does. JetX just post a video, in the Video Thread, where he beats it.

WootSnorlax

Smash Apprentice
I believe it does. JetX just post a video, in the Video Thread, where he beats it.
Yeah, that is why I questioned it also. I'm wondering if inhale just beats it completely every time. So that's the grab and the version where it does a little kick.

Last edited:

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
How does everyone feel about the Lucina match-up? Her ability doesn't help Kirby and she seems to have better range and speed.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
As discuss before, she is a hard matchup for Kirby since whole blade is dangerous not just the tip. Gladly, this mean she has bad lag when she attacks on Shield. So Shield more and respond with a counter attack. Get Shield Breaker if you can for Hammer Kills.

Rochette

Smash Cadet
Inhale against Rosalina and throw the star against his Luma. Same Knockback for Luma that I you have used a F-Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom