• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby General Discussion

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
when kirby sucks up and releases, the opponant has a decent amount of.. uh.. hitstun? can they buffer a roll/side step or something out of that? is there any character that CANT get a move out befor kirby would be able to say get a grab or something off the standard b?

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I did some testing. It appears the third hit of fair is a better anti-CCing move than bair. I'm not 100% sure, since it's kind of tough to sweetspot bair every time, but I believe 3rd hit fair breaks CCs slightly earlier than strong bair.

3rd hit fair breaks CC -
At 56% on Fox. If move is staled, it may not break CC until as high as 60%.
At 69% on Samus. With staling, as high as 73%.

Uair breaks CC pretty early, but it's tricky to hit a crouching opponent with a move aimed above Kirby.

Does anyone know how dair interacts with CCers? I've been using suck as my primary anti-CC move thus far.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
It takes a while (17 frames) for inhale's hitbox to come out. The trick is to do an aerial inhale so that by the time you're within their range, your move is already active and outprioritizing theirs.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
CCing aerials is common for chars like Peach and Samus, especially when Kirby is your opponent. There are also players who will CC camp, Crouching constantly even if you're not approaching or they're not being pressured just because they know you cant do anything about it. Dont be dum.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Here's how you know brawl is a bad game, Dtilt to Hammer actually WORKS in it. Because of tripping. What a good game.
I'm pretty sure that doesn't combo lol. Even if they do trip they have plenty of time before you get a hammer out to roll or something.

studly

Smash Ace
thats what im saying. im getting hxc punished for by my opponent every time the CC a tilt they just CC -> jump out -> Punishd

the only legit thing ive found for this is predicting it and following the dtilt with an upwards angled ftilt

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Well maybe you could time your moves not just space, what I mean is maybe yyou could abuse the fact kirby has 3 jumps WTF last to jumps where you at? try to jump up more than once and hit them with bair or what ever you use and make only the lastest part hit so you may be able to autocancel OR jump againif they start to sheild that mean you suck them up nom nom, if they move back keep the pressure on them because clearly they want to avoid your attacks.

also your not roy here you do have amazing grab range. and that will get you what 11% each grab.

you could bait them or force them near the edge and if they CC they at higher percent they may fall off the edge and dair and you can easily edge gaurd maybe falling suck or dair.

also take them to moving stages so they have to jump. many options for a charcter with 7 moves. Just think what puff could f***ing do? you don't CC puff shes so good that s*** doesn't happen.

studly

Smash Ace
so apparently im trying to play kirby in a single dimension when i have 2 more at my disposal

I def dont usually use more than 3 jumps usually. But maybe im misunderstanding you carzy. Ur talking about using the additonal jumps to attack with bair by just timing it correctly?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I say saying if your high enough when you bair it's autocanceled and they can't CC that, I think does kirby have hitstun? I know up-tilt but yeah. It's just an idea if they CC your air attacks why not remove the lag factor heck maybe if you time it well you can jump again and still hit them so you can bair again.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i'm sure you guys know that the most important thing about the bowser match-up is to learn flame canceling.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
flame canceling is mad easy, also strongbad troll harder tell them their charcter is more ******** than a fish sucking on a ligh bu;b or something.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
kirby's tilts and bair/dair are the moves tilts are pretty D*** good or is that just because all of his other moves kindof suck?but kirby's f-tilt is what likwe the 9th best in the game not bad I geuss. but then again I do edge gaurd with falcon's f-tilt so maybe 10th.

Pimpfish

Smash Journeyman
d tilt edgegaurds marth nicely. there is a perfect spot next to the ledge to hit marth with if he is going for a sweet spot, hit him with a dtilt i mean. i guess ftilt could work too then.

BunBun

Smash Master
No. Dtilt is so much better for gimping Marth. I think the angle it sends is like 20 degrees.

To steal a trick from PR, dtilt marth from the slant on YS for easy peasy gimps.

Top Bottom