• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KingJigglypuff's Unofficial P:M 3.01 Alt GFX! Ice/Fire Mario Updated to v3.01 and Mega Charizard X.

Shadow Pikachu, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Mewtwo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

meow

Smash Apprentice
concerning the ice mario pack, i noticed that when i use regular mario, when i neutral b, the sparks are blue now and the little circle around his palm freaks the hell out and gets huge randomly.
http://imgur.com/uZ00yS1,iCt26mw
http://imgur.com/uZ00yS1,iCt26mw#1
i'm using version 2 btw.
There is also this glitch and I use version 5 it happens with all other mario costumes except doctor (the weird giant fluctuating sparks on Mario's Neutral B) Ice Mario's Up+B has no coin effect but Fire Mario's does. And I agree it's hard to see the snowball. It needs to be whiter.

I just tested your Marth glitch too but I couldn't recreate it.

Xcite

Smash Apprentice
There is also this glitch and I use version 5 it happens with all other mario costumes except doctor (the weird giant fluctuating sparks on Mario's Neutral B) Ice Mario's Up+B has no coin effect but Fire Mario's does. And I agree it's hard to see the snowball. It needs to be whiter.

I just tested your Marth glitch too but I couldn't recreate it.
Thanks for doing so. It must have been a one time thing.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if this was a glitch , but with Ice Mario 3.0 I was playing against a friend who was using Marth. At a certain point in the match his percent rose to over 200% and then the Snowball actually froze his Marth for a second. This happened every time after this first incident. I haven't tried to recreate the glitch again with another character at the same percent, though I thought I just let you know KingJigz. I'd like to ask someone who has already downloaded Ice Mario to try this out with the same conditions to find if it was just a weird bug that just occurred or if its an actual glitch. I would do it myself, but I currently don't have access to my Wii.
The ball has an actual ice flag. It does freeze those at 200%+, though it would normally be viable for a player to just KO a foe at such a high damage. Also there was no other way I could get ice GFX upon contact.

Is the MegaCharizard that you uploaded the one that you had been working on updating his tail flame and whatnot? Or is it the same one from 3.0?
Yes. That would be Version 3.

I can't seem to fix the GFX issue, though I could change the Ice Mario Fireball GFX eventually.

spid3y916

Smash Cadet
While playing Mega Charizard Version 3 for 3.01, I noticed during some animation (like charging up smash and during victory poses) that his flame tail just disappears. Also the tail sometimes have bits of red-orange flame.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
While playing Mega Charizard Version 3 for 3.01, I noticed during some animation (like charging up smash and during victory poses) that his flame tail just disappears. Also the tail sometimes have bits of red-orange flame.
Which one? The GFX update? If so, then I might need to put in some additional coding. Since I had the GFX delete itself, then generate again to prevent a GFX overload.

Last edited:

spid3y916

Smash Cadet
Which one? The GFX update? If so, then I might need to put in some additional coding. Sind I have the GFX delete itself, then generate again to prevent a GFX overload.
The gfx update that replaces the modeled flame on the tail made by Nanobuds and KTH with an actual flame.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I'm not sure if this was a glitch , but with Ice Mario 3.0 I was playing against a friend who was using Marth. At a certain point in the match his percent rose to over 200% and then the Snowball actually froze his Marth for a second. This happened every time after this first incident. I haven't tried to recreate the glitch again with another character at the same percent, though I thought I just let you know KingJigz. I'd like to ask someone who has already downloaded Ice Mario to try this out with the same conditions to find if it was just a weird bug that just occurred or if its an actual glitch. I would do it myself, but I currently don't have access to my Wii.

On another note, I have two questions:
  • Is the MegaCharizard that you uploaded the one that you had been working on updating his tail flame and whatnot? Or is it the same one from 3.0?
  • Did you do any update to Ice Mario's Snowball and made it more visible/snowier (for lack of a better word)?
It's not a glitch. Happens with me to. I have thought of reporting this, but I never got around to it.

swamiG

Smash Rookie
I don't know if this has been requested yet, but do you think you could make elemental graphic effects for Link or Toon Link? That would be cool.

Xcite

Smash Apprentice
Hey KingJiggs, are the updated alt costumes usable for 3.02?

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I know you didn't edit the FitMarioMotionEtc file, but do you think the problem might lie there?

Rage83

Smash Ace
I know you didn't edit the FitMarioMotionEtc file, but do you think the problem might lie there?
@ Handy Man Handy Man Doctor Mario's version of the cape is in FitMario(07 to 11).pac
Mario's is in FitMarioMotionEtc

Last edited:

BelmontSlayer

Smash Cadet
It's a work issue. Getting articles to communicate with the character and change via variables is possible (we've done it numerous times now), but requires a LOT of work and research that's specialized per article, and only two people even know how to do afaik. As Samus' charge shot has so many different states, it was deemed unfeasible to pursue, whereas missiles were considered more practical (as a side note we still almost didn't finish missile coding in time - it was literally the last thing we finished for Samus). This is also why Dry Bowser didn't have blue fire - it was just too labor intensive to try to cram into 3.0.
I see. Thanks.

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
can you do a couple digimon like Renamon and Flamedramon as alternate costumes/textures for Lucario please

REVENAUT1313

Smash Cadet
NNID
REVENAUT1313
OK I just downloaded Fire Mario, Ice Mario, Elemental Mewtwo's, and Dark Bowser from page 1. Before I install, are they good to run on 3.02? I'm not sure how current some of these messages are.

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
weird.... characters like mega charizard and dark bowser bring back the colors and the caution symbols on character select screen

Top Bottom