• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King K. Rool New Official Support Thread *(Now recruiting people for Kremling Power)

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry guys but im really looking forward to a K. Rool Kirby costume. Can any of you guys put K. Rools Krown and bloodshot eye on Kirby.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
i knew that, which is why i dont think he wont be in the game. whats your point?
...Why would that really affect his chances when DKC was extremely popular in Japan as well as the rest of the world?

Glowsquid

Smash Journeyman
Hay guys what do you reckon K. Rools Final Smash is... Or his taunts (I reckon a taunt should be him ripping the RARE logo apart. Jokes, jokes.)
I have two idea for his Final Smash:

1: He summon his robot KAOS from DKC3 to assist him in battle.

(That's KAOS.)

2: He transform into his Mega King K. Rool from DK:Jungle Climber. ( Didn't play that game, so I don't have much information about Mega K. Rool, anyone have an image of him?)

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
Also if you want to help the thread, describe what could happen in one of the levvels i've put down that could possibly be a brawl stage.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
I have two idea for his Final Smash:

1: He summon his robot KAOS from DKC3 to assist him in battle.

(That's KAOS.)

2: He transform into his Mega King K. Rool from DK:Jungle Climber. ( Didn't play that game, so I don't have much information about Mega K. Rool, anyone have an image of him?)
Im feeling a poll coming up

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
...Why would that really affect his chances when DKC was extremely popular in Japan as well as the rest of the world?
well thank for finally articulating your point. my opinion is still unchanged though, on top of the fact that DKC now has two representatives while other more nintendo based franchises still have only one rep

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
well thank for finally articulating your point. my opinion is still unchanged though, on top of the fact that DKC now has two representatives while other more nintendo based franchises still have only one rep
Donkey Kong is STILL a better seller than a majority of the series other than Pokemon and Mario

Glowsquid

Smash Journeyman

DK is the 9th best selling videogame franchise and Nintendo 4th best selling series, behind Zelda, Pokemon and Mario.

Kirby have three reps, even thought it isn't as well selling as Donkey Kong.

Your point is?

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys, lets stop that fight all over... can anyone make a Kirby version of K. Rool. Cons of K. Roool, Stats, and Levels.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Okay guys, lets stop that fight all over... can anyone make a Kirby version of K. Rool. Cons of K. Roool, Stats, and Levels.
It's not a fight, it's a discussion

That's what you are SUPPOSE to do in forums

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
yeah, it's all good =) i would rather save the fighting for the battlefield myself (har har)

if i was to imagine K. Rool being in brawl, i suppose he would be similar to king dedede... they both have a "belly flop" type of move (such as the boss fight in the first DKC), and i could see k. rool throwing his crown as his standard B attack, or shooting his big pirate gun like in DKC2. i would even say they had similar stats as well, they're both heavy and move around kinda awkwardly

gangplank galleon would be a perfect stage for king k rool

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Wow nice thread A4B, im really impressed. By the way, there are no cons for adding K.Rool, hes just way to good. As dry bones said Gangplank Galleon would make a great K.Rool stage.

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
I have cons, though I support him.

1. He's from Rare, which was bought by Microsoft (Xbox), and he's only appeared in one game since villain or playable.
2. Nintendo is really trying to match up stages with characters, and since Rumble Falls is from DK Jungle beat, the villain could be.... l.l'

Here's a taunt, though they could be a little too drastic:

1. K. Rool belly flops on the ground and breakdances a bit.
2. He throws his crown in the air and catches it.
3. Does that pose in the artwork where he has the boxing gloves in the air (from DK64?).

Winning pose:
He slams his fists into each other and jumps up and down for a bit.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
yes he is made by rare but owned by nintendo. all of the rights to rare delvoped nintendo franchice characters go to nintendo. like bungie and microsoft

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
I have cons, though I support him.

1. He's from Rare, which was bought by Microsoft (Xbox), and he's only appeared in one game since villain or playable.
2. Nintendo is really trying to match up stages with characters, and since Rumble Falls is from DK Jungle beat, the villain could be.... l.l'

Here's a taunt, though they could be a little too drastic:

1. K. Rool belly flops on the ground and breakdances a bit.
2. He throws his crown in the air and catches it.
3. Does that pose in the artwork where he has the boxing gloves in the air (from DK64?).

Winning pose:
He slams his fists into each other and jumps up and down for a bit.
I realize that you're a supporter, but the cons you made up were pretty bad.

1. Actually, he's appeared in several games since then. He appeared in Barrel Blast, Donkey Kong: King of Swing, and DK: Jungle Climber.
2.Look at King DeDeDe. Does he have a stage? Besides, there's really no villain that could be connected to Rumble Falls.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
Wow nice thread A4B, im really impressed. By the way, there are no cons for adding K.Rool, hes just way to good. As dry bones said Gangplank Galleon would make a great K.Rool stage.
Would you like to join Kremling Power Icetrash??? sorry guys gotta go.. check my stage i think its too big but i'v gotta solution.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
nice. i am an avid supporter of the Kremling King. i'm partial to his Kaptain persona, but King is much more likey.

good moveset, too. personally, i'd have his up+b use the backfire from his musket a la DKC2, and his dowb+b should be a ground pound that sends out shockwaves like DK64, but that may be too similar to Bowser and Dedede.

but then again, they're all in the same class, so it might not be a bad idea to have that be a trend.

and of course, his FS would be the canonball rain from the original DKC.

Ukn0wn1

Smash Cadet
nice. i am an avid supporter of the Kremling King. i'm partial to his Kaptain persona, but King is much more likey.

good moveset, too. personally, i'd have his up+b use the backfire from his musket a la DKC2, and his dowb+b should be a ground pound that sends out shockwaves like DK64, but that may be too similar to Bowser and Dedede.

but then again, they're all in the same class, so it might not be a bad idea to have that be a trend.

and of course, his FS would be the canonball rain from the original DKC.
QFT, sums up a lot of how I feel K. Rool should be.

If he does happen to be playable, I'm really hoping he has alternate costumes so he can use his Kaptain K. Rool outfit. And he better have his musket too, or I will be sad.

For some of his moves, I'm thinking:

B:
Fire Musket (Random low % chances to fire spiked balls, and poison clouds)
Side+B: Backfire (Slides across leaving a burning trail on the ground)
Up+B: Snapping Bellyflop Leap (Sort of like what he does in DKC1 but more like an actual attack -- similar trajectory to Captain Falcon)
Down+B: Release Klaptrap (Sets a Klaptrap down and lets it go!)

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
I'm really sick of the misconception that K Rool would play slow and heavy like Bowser or Dedede. He was never slow in his boss battles and infact quite agile. It would add to the diversity of the bosses, since alot of the Bosess are going to deal with power and not speed, to make K Rool quite fast moving in the game.

It would distinguish him from Bowser and Dedede even further, thus pleasing the morons who think their too similar.

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
I'm really sick of the misconception that K Rool would play slow and heavy like Bowser or Dedede. He was never slow in his boss battles and infact quite agile. It would add to the diversity of the bosses, since alot of the Bosess are going to deal with power and not speed, to make K Rool quite fast moving in the game.

It would distinguish him from Bowser and Dedede even further, thus pleasing the morons who think their too similar.
ACtually, he could kind of be like DK. DK is a heavy, but moves pretty fast. Obviously, he'd have factors that make him more fair. A fast, heavy, powerful projectile-using character could pretty easily be overpowered.

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
About his design, I don't really care if it's his Western or Japanese design. They aren't really that different...

Well, except for K. Rool's evil eye. That's toned down WAYYY too much in his Japanese design. As long as he has that evil eye, though, I really don't care.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
About his design, I don't really care if it's his Western or Japanese design. They aren't really that different...

Well, except for K. Rool's evil eye. That's toned down WAYYY too much in his Japanese design. As long as he has that evil eye, though, I really don't care.
If he has a belly flop attack, i want his gold chest, other wise meh.

also i think im gonna create gangplank galleon stage instead.

Blast-O-Matic could be his final smash. We should have one of his moes from barrel blast since no other DK characters have one

Glowsquid

Smash Journeyman
I can't really picture K. Rool having moves from Barrel Blast, all he did was racing in a rocket-powered barrel in that game.

And the Blast-0-Matic... how the heck could I have forgotten that thing? It could work like Lugia in Melee, but more powerful.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman

Nobletoast would you like to join Kremlin Power??

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
The characters that are included should be judged on a few factors:

1. Popularity (the only way to meassure this is in terms of sales and the poll)
2. Importance to their respective franchise and to Nintendo
3. Moveset Potential

And if that was the criterea then K Rool should definatly be in Brawl.

Sale's of the series WILL BE A MAJOR factor in deciding in which characters are included but not the only one. Metroid is a good example. Im pretty sure its sold alot more than Kirby and Star Fox but doesnt have the characters to back it up, so they'll probably get 2 (or 3 counting ZSS)

The final roster will definatly have a reflection on how important the franchises are to Nintendo and the sales of the franchises. Heres what I think the roster should look like:

Mario - 5-6 Characters
Pokemon - 4-5 Characters
LOZ - 4-5 Characters
D.K. - 3 characters
Kirby - 3 Characters
Star Fox - 3 Characters
Metroid - 2 Characters (3 including ZSS)
Fire Emblem - 2 characters
Earthbound/MOTHER - 1-2 Characters
F-ZERO - 1 Character
Various newer Nintendo franchises and retro franchises and third party franchises - 1 Character

F-Zero need 2 characters.

3 new franchises (Pikmin, golden Sun, Custom Robo)

1 japanes only character (staffy)

1 retro character

KF11

Smash Apprentice
F-Zero need 2 characters.

3 new franchises (Pikmin, golden Sun, Custom Robo)

1 japanes only character (staffy)

1 retro character
What do you mean by retro cuz you could consider many character retro( ex: mario, luigi, peach, zelda, donkey kong, link. etc.)

if theres another F-Zero caracter its gonna be samurai gohro(spelling?) cuz hes C. Falcon rival

but back to the topic K rool shouldnt just change colours when you go to the alt outfit it should be all is disguise ( normal king, captain, scientist and boxer) but still uses attack from all the forms

Top Bottom