• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kentucky Thread

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
Here is the list of Smashers who want to have there information posted for Louisville and all of Kentucky, if you want your information posted so you can contact other people tell me.

Also every thursday we have smashfests from now on at the tech lab in U of L campus at 8 P.M ask Powda for details.

So far

Powda -- Powda193 aim
Brandon, Lives by U of L 21

Jiano -- Sun Jiano aim
Daniel( Hellboy) Lives in Saint Mathews 19

Gorgapor -- Wizzipboum Aim
Christian Lives by U of L 21

MyNiggaNameDante- tai mai shufu89(dont get on much) aim
Souroush lives in Goshen 17

Divine189--Cs Divine189
James lives in prospect 15

BBQ- AIM--imamar00n1287
Lexington Ky

Keta -- HeyAmIBlocked aim
Bowling Green

if you want your name added tell me

Jiano

Smash Ace
You need to change your location to something that
I know there is more Kentucky smashers out there. Show yourselves so we have more people to play :ohwell: . Right now theres only about 5 of us smashers around Louisville, which is clearly not enough. I want to see Kentucky tournaments in the future, so where are you Kentucky smashers!?!

Shieldz

Smash Journeyman
Right now im staying in a hotel in lexington. Im a little far outta reach from my home which is good ole Scranton, PA. Post here or send me a PM or an IM if you want to hook up and play @ theshieldswithin

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
can you get out here ill be gone in a few days to california for the summer but jiano son, gara joe(shady friends) and powder will play for sure if i cant.

Jiano

Smash Ace
Lexington is kinda far to play one person. If you were a bit closer we could probably play you though. I thought there were some Kentucky smashers near Lexington that were at the last Cinci tourny, but I don't know if they visit smashboards or not.

F

[FE]_Marth

smashers up north

up in independence(just south of cincinnati)myself along with some friends are smashers also, and are wanting to do some tournaments.

if you want to get a tourney together, contact me at

gentrypam24@aol.com or
gq zero5@aol.com

Jiano

Smash Ace
I still don't think we'd have enough for a tournament even with you guys. If you want to have a smashfest or something that would work. If you guys wanted to come to Louisville, or if you'd prefer us to come there we could do that also. It's really up to you guys.

Sean, have you left for Cali yet? I wanted to play you again before you left. I need more falco practice.

MARTHzero5

Smash Rookie
melee tourney

this is [fe]Marth, (new name) i have about 5 people up here ready for a tourney. just contact me for whatever you need to know

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
yeah im in california but that doesnt mean we cant set up some smash fests or what not when i get back early august

MARTHzero5

Smash Rookie
more recruits

i may have some more people up here that will be willing to play in a tourney. they aren't as good as some other people, but they do know how to play. got about 6-8 people for a tourney. contact for tourney info.

gentrypam24@aol.com

Paixy

Smash Journeyman
Sometime this month(hopefully), I will be moving back to my homestate, Kentucky. (Georgetown to be exact)

I no longer own a GCN, SSBM, or even a memory card(I got my own controller tho, LOL)...Sort of retired from it competitively(for now, waiting on the next SSB installment and the NRevolution, then I'll be back in the game, full force...if HAL doesn't **** up the next SSB)

I still throw down SSBM for casuals. "Suicide" Link is my main. and I play Doc and Bowser as well.

WizZipBoum

Smash Cadet
whoa kentucky

i'm in louisville and i can play on an evening or weekend. i'm a little out of practice but i'll still be good competition i'm sure. everybody go post on this thread with your info.

Jiano

Smash Ace
Sadly no money + no ride = no FC for me, and I don't think anyone else from KY is going either. It sucks indeed.

Edit: Actually Joe and I might be going to FC3. Let us hope we can get there.

Edit: ****it we can't get to FC. I still want to smash this weekend though, anyone else want to smash this weekend?

WizZipBoum

Smash Cadet
I would totally be up for smash this weekend, but i am unfortunately going to georgia. keep posting tho guys, we'll get a game organized eventually.

kernelkatastrophe

Smash Rookie
whats up.

hey, i've watched the forums for a while but am just now posting, because we're looking for opportunities. i live in louisville with 3 other guys who are looking for some tournament action or friendly competition. during the schoolyear I myself am in Lexington at UK.

Any chance of some tourneys coming up or someone starting one? I remember a looooooooong time ago there was a tournament in the mall - the only one we ever found - that had ridiculous rules such as 2-minute timed matches and no 'secret' characters. :urg:

but uhhh, yeah, here's to the louisville area starting something up!

Jiano

Smash Ace
Well if anyone is interested in smashfests or whatever, post info or aim or something so we can contact each other. There is no tournament scene in Louisville for now, but if we can get enough smashers active I could see it happening. So yeah either post your aim or PM me and we can probably smash sometime.

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
I know theres a few others involved in smash too warren talks about who he played with, some people corey(his friends too) and jameel. It seems like we could definently organize some smashfests biweeklies and tournaments. Maybe snap pop would even play.

WizZipBoum

Smash Cadet
whoa. i had no idea you guys knew them.

warren's awesome, but he lives in frickin oldham county and is too young to drive
jameel is super awesome
so's his friend chris
kate(snap pop) is Missing In Action
but i think her little brother (greg) is still around

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
warren goes to my school, i had to try to get him back into smash, i figured you were corey or one of there friends

Jiano

Smash Ace
Sean when you get back we will be having smashfests for sure. We just need a place to hold them, like, your house maybe?~

Edit: Where's everyone at!? I played WizZipBoum a bit the other day, and even though he wasn't doing to good, he has potential if he practices enough.

Anyone else want to smash sometime or host a smashfest? Someone please say something. :dizzy:

WizZipBoum

Smash Cadet
so yeah, jiano is better than me. *practices furiously*. i'll get better i promise :) i spoke to kate (snap_pop) on the dc++ hub, and she is up for a game if we get one together. she says she is "beyond rusty" but when she stopped playing alot 2 years ago, she was one of the best players around. so i'm in for a game, and so is kate.

Jiano

Smash Ace
I'm holding a smashfest at my house next week, probably on thursday(08/11), but it could change depending on when people can make it. I'm going to end up contacting everyone personally but I thought I'd post it just incase. I most likely have enough T.V.'s I will just need a few cubes. If for some reason the turnout is going to be bigger than expected I'll need T.V's also, but I doubt we will pull more than 8 people.

If there is anyone that has never spoke to me before feel free to post here with an AIM or e-mail and I can fill you in.

Edit: Smashfest on FRIDAY.

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
hey y'all

well, this is the KY thread, so i thought it was appropriate. ive been smashin with jiano for a little bit, hes definitely better than me but i think i beat his falcon once or twice =/

i dont know what to say... it looks like we got some interest in the area... we really need to get together and play. we can go up to cincy and show them how the game is played (not really, but we can try).

uhm, .... bowser owns. everyone but sheik that is.

Google

Smash Rookie
Yo!

This is Jameel. I'm still around, even though I haven't played in months! I would love to play sometime if someone would organize a get-together of some sort. As long as I'm notified in advanced, because I have been busy as of late.

At one point recently I lived in an apartment in Louisville, but now I am back in Indiana because I'm a loser! But I live 5 mins from Louisville.

I'm probably really awful, but with some practice, and toning of my awkward strategies, I could be back in action. My ex-smash partner Chris (I think his name was MarioNewb on these boards) unfortunately moved to Indianapolis. My friend Parker is in town, he might be interested in playing, as long as it is before the 20th of this month. Like I said though, I'm really scrubby right now, and I'll probably get dominated something so sickly, I might have to call P.Diddy...and that doesn't even make sense!

Keep me posted.

P.S. How old are you guys? Not that it matters. Also, does Warren still play? And what characters do you guys use?

Holla.

Jiano

Smash Ace
Hey Jameel, I'm having a smashfest at my house this edit: FRIDAY if you want to come. Most of us are 18-21 except a couple people.

Catch me on aim or send me a PM and I can give you directions, because everyone leaves me in charge of getting the KY smashers together. :dizzy:

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
I wont get back till thursday move it to friday or saturday, also warren got his license so he is gunna bring me and brynden, we should have more people than like 7-10 dont we have like me warren,brynden,joe,powda(and his friend),jameel( and his friends),you,snap pop(and her brother) corey sam and whoever else they smash with i think theres a few more people, also you could bring that one dude over who came with us to cinncinati who teamed with john, free money.

we should get a mini tournament going or something, then we could start monthlies or something and get our region known.

If we do get somewhere around 15 people or what not we could do a 70 20 10 tournament 5$ entry just to get more people to come, like the dudes that live in lexington and over in north kentucky.

I can just rely on warren driving me out until i get my l's later this month

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah bring everyone you can so we can make this good, bring all your friends that play smash and **** i hope that kernalK and his crew shows up then were like 5 more deep

bring ere body

Google

Smash Rookie
Well since it is moved to Friday, I might have to work out a few things. But don't count me out just yet. It would help to know what time everyone is planning on showing up. For me, the later(6'ish)the better.

Also who is 100% sure they are showing up. That would be nice to know also.

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
if i can get my ticket for thursday ill show up with warren and brynden for sure
if i dont ill still try to get warren and brynden to go

Jiano

Smash Ace
There is no specific time to be here. Anytime after 3 pm is fine and you can leave whenever you want. This is just for fun so no worries, unless we get enough that want to have a mini-tourny :) .

Edit: My friend Joe, Powda, and Christian are most likely going to be here, for everyone else i don't know. Snap Pop said she would probably make it but wasn't sure.

Top Bottom