• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kentucky Men's Basketball Team Can't Get Enough Smash 64

Sp1nda

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
And people say only nerds play these games... I had the biggest grin on my face the whole time, it brings back so many memories of just playing for fun and having a good time with friends. Look at all of us now! Crazy, precise smash players looking to be the best there can be!

Seal

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to watch a match of theirs with their commentary/reactions.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Ah, nothing better than black guys playing videogames.

Omegascizor456

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aldog12
3DS FC
2449-5093-2142
Haha this is actually SO cool and interesting for the smash commmunity seeing a NEAR professional basketball team loving smash 64! I love the wide spread community!:D

Keman

Smash Apprentice
Being from KY, bleeding blue, and being the huge UK fan I am. It was such a pleasant surprise to see 2 of my pastimes come together in someway.

Poythress (a Jr that hopefully returns for one last ride with the Cats) is probably the best since he is the one bringing the setup along, plus he has been out this season with an early injury so gaming could be filling whatever freed up time that might cause.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
This brought an image to my head of Jigglypuff with a headband on crossing people up in basketball.

Facading

Smash Apprentice
If there was any doubt before now I know I picked the right team to win March Madness

Dino Domain

Smash Rookie
I wish they would have some more actual gameplay footage, I mean I'm interested in seeing how athletes in sports would handle gameplay in Super Smash Bros. Maybe I'll email the channel and request it...

Patrick324

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-5101-9642

The NCAA Kentucky Wildcats are tearing up the College basketball scene right now. They are currently undefeated with 36 victories and are getting ready to 4-stock the competition at the NCAA men's basketball tournament. The stakes are high and the pressure is on. But the team has a secret weapon to help them relax and focus on basketball: Super Smash Bros for the Nintendo 64.

Alex Poythress, one of the team members, brings along his Nintendo 64 on road trips so he and the rest of the team can unwind and play some endless rounds of Super Smash Bros all night long.

They get pretty into it too, but in the end, it's all in good fun. Despite the competitive community here, it's a nice reminder of where so many of us came from, playing Smash 64 with our friends until the sun went down.

TewnLeenk is a writer for Smashboards and loves seeing stories like this. Follow and chat with him on Twitter @TewnLeenk.
Theres a spot for smash in everyones heart

Top Bottom