• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kanto Tournament 2010 Video Topic (Opening Video + Nicovideo matches)

NixxxoN

Smash Master
i almost forgot about this .... to be honest we have been waiting for so long now, either u or some japanese should upload those vids already :urg:

malva00

Smash Master
"omg we've been waiting forever"

*watches vids*

"meh was expecting more because of the awesome effects in the opening video and because 2010 is one year later than 2009"

you guys should keep yourselves busy and not think about it

Battlecow

Play to Win
Honestly? Even if it's not that great, I'd like to watch it. But if you don't wanna let us see it, that's ok too. I can survive... Somehow.

malva00

Smash Master
I don't want to show you the vids Battlecow. I am sorry. Please forgive me.

イェ━━━━━ヽ( ゚Д゚)人(゚Д゚ )ノ━━━━━━イ!!

And I definitely don't want NixxxoN to watch the vids, anyone but him

イェ━━━━━ヽ( ゚Д゚)人(゚Д゚ )ノ━━━━━━イ!!

I would show you guys on my stream like friday night or something but then I bet someone would record and upload it to youtube then I wouldn't be allowed in Japan anymore

il||li (OдO`) il||li

Olikus

Smash Champion
Maybe the Japanese only show the vids to two persons each year :p

Even if the 2009 vids where better, I personally liked the matches allot. But I am aware of that it takes more to impress malva and many of you others than myself. So dont know if you guys will enjoy it as much as I did. And I did watch them live which really makes it more fun.

That said, it was so much random and unexpected that occurred. Like S with fox first dominating, then manage to suicide 2 times while edguarding, or the falcon that pushed start so he had to suicide. And the crazy Link Okaju who I had never heard about before, who just ***** everything in his way.

So if they come on youtube some day, you should really consider to take a look.

malva00

Smash Master
The same day I uploaded the opening movie I asked Owata who was going to upload the matches and he said

"Other matches are reported later.

See you! \(^-^)/ "

mr yo

Smash Cadet
"Other matches are reported later.

See you! \(^-^)/ "
what does that phrase mean?

i dont understant why they dont upload it on internet....i though they have a video web likr youtube but from japan....someones had to uploaded there...

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Reported later, so it means that sooner or later they will either tell you to upload or upload them themselves, good news

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
what does that phrase mean?

i dont understant why they dont upload it on internet....i though they have a video web likr youtube but from japan....someones had to uploaded there...
lol yeah upload the matches on nicovideo.jp

Can't wait to check out the vids at last though.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Haha Google Translate helps ;). I think there are guides for registering too. I doubt there will be any ssb videos though. Most of it is music.

malva00

Smash Master
there are quite a few ssb vids on nicovideo, including matches taken from my youtube and uploaded again <__<

Right after I uploaded the 2009 vids, they were uploaded on nicovideo. you can tell because of the date

http://www.nicovideo.jp/openlist/sm2562044?watch_openlist

here's a bookmark I have with a list of vids

you guys can search nicovideo all you want for the 2010 vids lol. if you find them post the links

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman

asianaussie

Smash Hero
no i think he meant the login button leads you to the ever-present 'don't have an account? register here' option and that's its the easiest way to find the registering page

Olikus

Smash Champion
lol at the register button being labeled phonetically as "login"

i still think this topic should be closed
Actually, the topic hasnt started yet. Its just running really late. And when the movies some day come, its better to discuss them here than in the social thread imo.

malva00

Smash Master
k so looks like Takuro uploaded the semi finals, third place match, and finals onto nicovideo and Owata let me know

http://www.nicovideo.jp/tag/第5回関東大会

No quarter finals though <__< and the camera used is different from the one that recorded the videos I have

I asked Owata if they will go onto youtube cuz you need to sign up to nicovideo if you want to watch them

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
huh

I opened the japanese site and hit the translate button that appeared at the top, all the vids ended up being titled something like "caution is the first match of the final volume"

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
What exactly are the names of these players? All I get are horrible Engrish translations like "a bean sprout" (who knows, could be the guy's name...)

And what were the final results, as in placings?

nuro

Smash Lord
I recommend you guys use this and also make sure to install eastern languages in your control panel->regional settings. No matter what translator you find it will never be as accurate as the real thing.

That link player おかじゅ is very good and yet he still loses to Kirby's dumb combos on Dreamland. Makes me want to play SSBM.

Olikus

Smash Champion
What exactly are the names of these players? All I get are horrible Engrish translations like "a bean sprout" (who knows, could be the guy's name...)

And what were the final results, as in placings?
It is written on the first post in this thread. Okaju with link came on second, Moyashi with Kirby won, and so on, and so on....

Battlecow

Play to Win
^That was so funny. I love Japan; A country where they can do that to a game and still think of themselves as human beings.

Still, the other matches made up for it. They were all awesome, especially the Okaju ones (i.e. all but one). Not as good as last year's epicness, but still completely legit.

I had a great time, but I'm going to track down Moyashi and that other guy and give them a stern talking-to.

Oh, and on this one I got some text over on the side which I thought was ballinesque pointing-out of cool moments, but which denotated what turned out to be completely noneventful ones, or, more likely, was indicating something unrelated to video times.

That link player おかじゅ is very good and yet he still loses to Kirby's dumb combos on Dreamland. Makes me want to play SSBM.
Wow, really? Yeah, go play pichu on marth or something and then tell us how balanced your game's matches are compared to ours' *rolls eyes*. The fact that Okaju could stick with him like that is a testament to how balanced 64 is; That's one of the worst matchups in the game (at least in US version), and it's still not unwinnable (at least in the Japanese version). Or were you referring to the easy combos that made you homesick for a relatively combo-free game? Because I know of a game that you could play with even fewer combos. I think you'd like it.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
How to register; on the top right, click on the red text or one of text next to it, should bring you to a page with a gold box and a gray box. Click on the gray box, on that page put in your email address on the bar and continue with putting in your username, password..etc... on the page after. For translating, try this http://translation.babylon.com/japanese/ just copy and paste the Japanese text on the site that you don't understand and put it in the translater... Takes about 5-10 minutes but not very difficult at all. Translator is not very accurate, but you should at least be able to understand what the text is generally meaning.

The crowd was a big fan of Link. He was spacing himself very well during the second kirby match and kinda lost it third match, but oh well great matches.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Everyone should watch the semi final match with Okaju(link) and Tsukuru(falcon), when okaju first lose two stocks, and then goes bananas :p

malva00

Smash Master
So Owata responded back to me saying

> Sorry for uploading to YouTube is not scheduled...
>
> Will give you the video file at a later date (^ω^)

in case anyone doesn't wanna mess with nicovideo >__> but maybe i'll get different quarterfinals vids to put up

Top Bottom