• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

dmac

Smash Champion
you *can* make a WWE stick okay, but you'd have to spend over 40 bucks to get the stick and buttons replaced.

while 20 bucks for a stick is nothing to sneeze at ... the 90 dollar SFxT (don't get the soul calibur ones unless you love the button layout, it's very different and are for die hard sc fans) sticks are definitely the way to go. unless you want to spend money on a baller *** eightarc. they're very good.

additionally, the physical size of the WWE sticks are pretty damn small. i usually bring my tiny stick and it's the same size so you can make your own decisions.

rei_vincent

Smash Ace
The sfxt stick is recommendable. Eight arcs are godlike but buy at your own risk. With each console update there's no guarantee that they will always work due to the dual mod they have in them. Class TEs 4 lyfe

:phone:

SPs

Smash Rookie
Or be cool and build your own stick!

The WWE is pretty annoying if you want to take off the art (which is basically a must). Like dmac said, in order for it to be useful you HAVE to replace the parts which will run you another $40-50. And in the end, you're still just putting quality parts in a poor container. I actually just use SE's to harvest the PCB for dual modding purposes. HOWEVER, they make good P2 controllers for your friends when they come over...

Another alternative is the Heart of Glass!

(I actually only made a post so I could share this. That's the main reason.)

(Also, the Soul Calibur layout can be changed just by swapping the wires inside... and the buttons if you are OCD about it)

only1Z

Smash Champion
Stick is so baller. I also love GiantSwords work but that's digging into customs, getting expensive as fuuuuuck.

RFrizzle

Smash Ace
Had a lotta fun last night.
Thanks Dmac, DYC and cups for all the great advice and games, really helped me a lot.
Anyone have SSF4 not AE for xbox and wanna scrape me over and over again?

RFrizzle

Smash Ace
Like, does anyone have super street fighter 4 without the arcade edition part? And would they be willing to play over live with me and poop so I can learn things? Still rockin a pad tho but its ight.

dmac

Smash Champion
you want a a copy of arcade edition, everyone will yell at you if you try to learn just from regular super! no one plays regular super anymore. you'd be missing out on 4 characters, and BRUTAL BALANCE CHANGES EVERYWHERE

someone might have an extra copy? most people didn't buy arcade edition straight up, it was a 15 dollar upgrade from regular super. if you buy regular super, you'd have to then pay 15 more dollars for arcade edition.

arcade edition is here for cheap, you'll get the 2012 update for free!

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Street-...53877997&sr=8-1&keywords=super+street+fighter

is a pretty good deal anyways!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
So, RFizzle, I heard you've been getting trolled.

Some FYI, anyone who uses a megarobman tag outside of smashboards is called "Tyser" and this "Tyser" character when he isn't using his "mew2king" tag likes to sit on melee streams and make people hate me by trolling them stupidly.

For example, Tyser said you said you were "Salty" about losing to me still.

He said he then told you to stay free and you must really suck if you lost to me.

I don't use cliches or internet fads such as those outside of satire.

Apparently, Wretched is also pissed off at me for similar reasons, which I find hilarious.

Anyway, don't fall for it again.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I'm not mad at you; you were just sitting there calling Eggm a fat monster who eats everything.

I called you a piece of **** and told you to stop. It's pretty simple.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm not mad at you; you were just sitting there calling Eggm a fat monster who eats everything.

I called you a piece of **** and told you to stop. It's pretty simple.
lol the point is that it wasn't me

though that is pretty god damned funny though, but in Nebraska obesity is a joke, I mean, all our melee players LOL and they have a team that's called "The 3 fattest men ever" and they are all incredibly fat and one of them went home the other day from work because he was too fat

fat=tired and almost passed out on his 2nd day of his job.

and we make fun of stuff like that around here

Tyser might be moving up the Nebraska Troll PR, I forgot that existed.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
lol the point is that it wasn't me

though that is pretty god damned funny though, but in Nebraska obesity is a joke, I mean, all our melee players LOL and they have a team that's called "The 3 fattest men ever" and they are all incredibly fat and one of them went home the other day from work because he was too fat

fat=tired and almost passed out on his 2nd day of his job.

and we make fun of stuff like that around here

Tyser might be moving up the Nebraska Troll PR, I forgot that existed.
I lol'd so god damn hard at this

Also I might be able to ball in Lawrence on Friday

SPs

Smash Rookie
SSFIV:AE on Steam sale for $10, $13.50 for all costumes, $30 for 4 copies... Hope RFrizzle hasn't paid for the AE update yet on his super! (Though he'd need a decent comp)

rpotts

Smash Lord
Well I won't be back from work until about 6:30 on Friday, and probably want to go out before it's too late. But idk, I'll see what a few parties of interest are doing this Friday then I'll let you guys know. It's just, doing it on Friday is the day before Massive's anyway, I'd figure we'd get little or no turnout since most of em would be going there on Saturday anyway. I guess it just depends how much of a HARDCORE GAMER you are.

Edit: Yea, I'm down for some Friday games til about 9 or 10, perhaps MOAR GAYMEZ idk. Jace, you wanna host or should I?

rpotts

Smash Lord
Alright well as long as it's fine with him I'm down to head his way sometime after I get off work. Plus, he has exactly zero cars and would need a ride to my place and back anyways LOL. Depending on how many people want to show up, I or someone else should probably bring another TV. Wait, nevermind, iirc Jace got another one recently so we might be good. Let us know, Mr. 08.

Top Bottom