• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I think that at some point we need to branch out our message to the eastern side of things. At the moment, we seem to have pretty much achieved the most we could hope for in the west, what with the CEO of Retro following the campaign. We need to take the next step, and bring our campaign to Japan.
When did that happen?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
When did that happen?
October 22nd.

So, I wake up, check my phone, and what do I see?

Friggin' Michael Kelbaugh has followed the Kremling Kampaign account on Twitter.

You know, the President and CEO of Retro Studios, one of the two guys responsible for Returns and Tropical Freeze existing in the first place?

Other than, like, Shigeru Miyamoto himself, this is pretty much the biggest guy we could have possibly made aware of the Kampaign.

Time to start amping back up on the concept art. . .how about we start pitching @Zombie Saurian ideas for a unique final boss fight vs. K. Rool? (How about, for starters, a silhouette battle where K. Rool can fade in and out of the fog to ambush you?) And following tomorrow's Smash Direct, discussions regarding "why do you like K. Rool," "what's your favorite thing about him," etc. will be starting back up again. This is our chance to be really heard here.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
We got the CEO of Retro?! What the heck?! That's amazing!
As far as I'm aware, he hasn't said anything about the campaign at all. However, I don't think he really needs to. The fact that he followed us tells us he recognizes our plight, so yeah. The only thing we can really do now is wait and see what happens.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Heck, I'm no artist, but I'm pretty satisfied with how this turned out. The King pulls off this look quite well, if you ask me.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Random point, but I always wondered why Kremcroc Industries was on DK Isle. Had DK always allowed that to be there, or did they steal the bananas and then instantly establish an incredibly intricate idustrial system that managed to poison a pond in the space of a day.

Also I would've thought it would've made more sense for it to be the last world. Chimp caverns was really cool but it should've come before Kremcroc IMO.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Sometimes I don't believe that Kelbaugh's actually aware of and following #BringBackKRool's progress, then I go click on his profile and see "Yep, still says "@MichaelKelbaugh FOLLOWS you. Wa wa wee wa!"

Zynux

Smash Lord
Random point, but I always wondered why Kremcroc Industries was on DK Isle. Had DK always allowed that to be there, or did they steal the bananas and then instantly establish an incredibly intricate idustrial system that managed to poison a pond in the space of a day.

Also I would've thought it would've made more sense for it to be the last world. Chimp caverns was really cool but it should've come before Kremcroc IMO.
Doesn't DKC imply that the Kongs had run-ins with the Kremlings in the past? I don't think DKC was the first time they engaged them. They could have been trying to take over the isle and bananas before then, and were building the factory secretly.

Also, the concept art of the factory for DKCR seems to imply that it was originally of Kong origin to create Barrels (I think) and makes no mention of Kremlings. So, it could have been a DK factory, but then the Kremlings hijacked it after stealing the bananas.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The Kremling ruins of Millstone Mayhem and Temple Tempest indicate that at least part of the race has been making its home on DK Island for a long while (either that, or some Kremling architects vandalized some generic temple prior to the events of DKC).

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
You guys ever stop to wonder that maybe the kremlings are the crocodiles that were originally sent by Mario to stop DK Jr. In that one classic nes game we all know (assuming Cranky is in fact the original DK) and love, who eventually evolved over time into stronger crocodilians that walked upright and formed their own way of living and have been the Kong's enemies ever since? In a way, this could basically explain both the kongs and the kremlings origins.

Last edited:
NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
You guys ever stop to wonder that maybe the kremlings are the crocodiles that were originally sent by Mario to stop DK Jr. In that one classic nes game we all know (assuming Cranky is in fact the original DK) and love, who eventually evolved over time into stronger crocodilians that walked upright and formed their own way of living and have been the Kong's enemies ever since? In a way, this could basically explain both the kongs and the kremlings origins.
they must have had a really quick evolution then,

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

This is a GIF I rediscovered while writing K. Rool's "Dirty Tricks" section in the OP, made by @dk64kingkrool a while back. I figured it deserved a bump here for new eyes to see.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
As long as K. Rool has a lot of fans both here and in Japan then I still say his chances are good. Not to mention the fact that NOA really wanted him in SSB3-DS/Wii U in the default roster as well.
Uh. Let's mention that. Citation please?

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
k rool does what dedede has been striving to do for years
He was the first to kapture the main protagonist of the franchise at least four times before Rare left. The only other time is when :4bowser: kaught :4mario: and :4luigi: in Super Princess Peach which was 10 years after DKC3:DKDT.

EDIT: The first game to have a male play damsel might be Jill of the Jungle on the DOS and PC by Epic Megagames in 1991 to 1993 pre-dating the first DKC by 3 years.

You guys ever stop to wonder that maybe the kremlings are the krokodiles that were originally sent by Mario to stop DK Jr. In that one klassic nes game we all know (assuming Kranky is in fact the original DK) and love, who eventually evolved over time into stronger krokodilians that walked upright and formed their own way of living and have been the Kong's enemies ever since? In a way, this kould basically explain both the kongs and the kremlings origins.
That is a good theory for the origins of DKC. Both universes are konnected so I makes sense that :4mario: would be responsible for introducing a reptilian enemy to :4dk:. I don't remember a kroc enemy in DK Jr. but a living bear trap. (I think they're kalled lockjaws.) Kranky mentioned in DKC3 he was training for CKC which would likely be prequel to DKC in the same way of Yoshi's Island.

The King of the Kremlings would be different (but nicer,) and all of the enemies would be more primitive by not being anthropomorphic except the non-krokodiles.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Uh. Let's mention that. Citation please?
That statement shouldn't have been brought up, because we don't know for a fact if NoA actually wanted him. It came from a supposed Nintendo Treehouse playtester who was talking about the game, revealing stuff like the fact that they gradually get updated dev builds of the game to test after certain characters were announced, and he stated that K. Rool was probably their most wanted character, followed by I think Bandana Dee? Keep in mind, it was Nintendo Treehouse, so he was probably referring to what the people in Nintendo Treehouse wanted.

It was a leak, and it was probably a legitimate leak as honestly it didn't try to go out and make stupid claims, it was just talking about how things work within the company. It leaked how they were handling development of the game, and didn't try to make erroneous claims. At the same time, we cannot verify it and should not use it as confirmation of anything.

Sometimes I don't believe that Kelbaugh's actually aware of and following #BringBackKRool's progress, then I go click on his profile and see "Yep, still says "@MichaelKelbaugh FOLLOWS you. Wa wa wee wa!"
See, again, I don't think he's "following" it persay, I don't necessarily think he's keeping up with it because he's too busy with that sort of thing. However, I think if anything he followed it to make a statement. "I recognize you want the Kremlings back. I cannot say anything on the matter, but I'll follow you to let you know that I support you."

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
That statement shouldn't have been brought up, because we don't know for a fact if NoA actually wanted him. It came from a supposed Nintendo Treehouse playtester who was talking about the game, revealing stuff like the fact that they gradually get updated dev builds of the game to test after certain characters were announced, and he stated that K. Rool was probably their most wanted character, followed by I think Bandana Dee? Keep in mind, it was Nintendo Treehouse, so he was probably referring to what the people in Nintendo Treehouse wanted.

It was a leak, and it was probably a legitimate leak as honestly it didn't try to go out and make stupid claims, it was just talking about how things work within the company. It leaked how they were handling development of the game, and didn't try to make erroneous claims. At the same time, we cannot verify it and should not use it as confirmation of anything
Let me restate that then "some" people who worked at Nintendo actually wanted him. Nintendo Treehouse is still part of the company right? if so then that still has to count to some extent.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

It was a leak, and it was probably a legitimate leak as honestly it didn't try to go out and make stupid claims, it was just talking about how things work within the company. It leaked how they were handling development of the game, and didn't try to make erroneous claims. At the same time, we cannot verify it and should not use it as confirmation of anything.
Interesting. Do you have a link?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Interesting. Do you have a link?
It was posted in the leaks thread, its never been verified. I'd say its most likely true, not much reason to make up something like this. I don't remember the original source but I think it was 4chan. Since it has spread out of the leaks thread, it probably wouldn't hurt for me to post the full comment here. There might be a link with it.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Oh yeah, I remember that, it said K.Rool, Bandana Dee and Mach Rider were the most wanted or something like that.

I personally think it is fake XD

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I don't even know who that is, can you explain Mach Rider or the franchise please?
The Mach Rider (マッハライダー, Mahha Raidā) is the lead character of the classic NES game Mach Rider.

In the year 2112, following an alien invasion that results in the destruction of his unnamed hometown, the Mach Rider drives his bike, called the Mach Bike, in search of a new home. Along the way, he confronts alien vehicles called Quadrunners that serve as enemies. They are easily destroyed by the Mach Bike's machine guns. A unique feature of the Mach Bike was that it would break into pieces and reassemble when damaged.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It's worth mentioning that Mach Rider is regarded as the spiritual predecessor to F-Zero, and features of the game were later utilised in F-Zero.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Oh yeah, I remember that, it said K.Rool, Bandana Dee and Mach Rider were the most wanted or something like that.

I personally think it is fake XD
No, it didn't mention Mach Rider. Not that I recall anyway. It did say that they weren't that interested in Mewtwo.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
See, again, I don't think he's "following" it persay, I don't necessarily think he's keeping up with it because he's too busy with that sort of thing. However, I think if anything he followed it to make a statement. "I recognize you want the Kremlings back. I cannot say anything on the matter, but I'll follow you to let you know that I support you."
I'm defining "following" very liberally here. . .the most that's honestly happening is that he's popping onto Twitter every now and then and seeing @BringBackKRool tweet out fanart and supportive comments. Still, that's nothing to sneeze at.

Here's the leak people are talking about. I knew of it from earlier, and discounted it as BS due to the incorrect Palutena default moves, the false AT info (Helirin being in, AW Infantry being out) and the Bowser Jr. trophy showing up in Smash Run.

>TFW you actually work for NoA and nobody outside of people directly working on the game except for Reggie get to know the roster its that top-secret.

Any leak that isn't from someone claiming to be Bill should be taken as bull****.

I do stuff with retailers and occasionally things like help setting up deals/agreements such as us sponsoring EVO this year (and in the coming years).

The employees who aren't working on the game, do get to play specific builds of it that have most of the announced characters and stages playable in the office, and new stuff is added when they update the build around once a month.

Pyrosphere isn't one we can play on anymore, it was removed from the demo build back in February.

Ask me anything, I guess.

"Can you, without a shadow of a doubt, disconfirm Ridley?"

No I cannot. He isn't playable, an assist, nor is Pyrosphere a playable stage. This was likely done to raise mystery on whether or not he is playable. He wasn't on Pyrosphere when it was playable late last year, but stuff has been changed since we've gotten our hands on it the first time. The Yellow Devil wasn't in the build until around the same time Pyrosphere was taken out, and it wasn't until later were you able to destroy him.

I cannot confirm or deny any characters that haven't already been done, stuff that was announced the previous month usually gets added to the build.
The only things I can really talk about that hasn't been formally announced are that Green Hill Zone from Brawl is unchanged on 3DS, and the Pokemon stage on WiiU's tentative name is "Kalos League" and is a travelling stage where it stops with various changes to its platform layout.

"Is Nintendo aware of the Smash communities and who they want? Are they aware of how popular Ridley, K. Rool, and Mewtwo are? Do they even give a ****?"

A lot of people here really want K. Rool. He's arguably the most wanted character. Mewtwo isn't as popular here due to everyone thinking there's plenty of Gen1 Pokemon (3 if you count Jiggs) already and that he wasn't fun to play as in Melee, characters that are surprisingly popular among people in the office are [Bandanna] Waddle Dee and Mach Rider (as the retro-revival character).

"How does it play? Have the physics or anything been tweaked since the E3 build?
Is Robin fun?"

Its really fun, leagues better than Brawl.

The physics and characters have changed since the E3 build (which is actually the build we had in mid April). There's a bit more hitstun and characters fall a bit faster, ending lag has been greatly reduced, unless you used an Air Dodge, which in case it is slightly longer.

Robin, Lucina and The Captain are being added in next week's update.

The only thing about any of them that I know that you guys don't, is that according to guys who have been playing the builds with those characters is that Falcon Punch now has some armor.

Bowser hasn't changed much aside from a few attacks being weaker in terms of damage percents done, he's still Top Tier.

"There's a guy on Smashboards [Ninka] who knows a guy who knows a guy who works at NOA apparently, and he made Brawl skins of E3 demo recolors a few weeks before E3 to prove his legitimacy. Anyways he says;
>Shulk is playable
>Bowser Jr. is playable and has alt skins of all the Koopalings
>Duck Hunt Dog is playable
>Dark Pit is playable
>Doctor Mario is back as a clone
>Ice Climbers, Lucas, Snake, and Wolf are cut
Is there any truth to any of this. It's such a **** leak that I'm worried."

I can't prove or deny any of those, but I did see a Bowser Jr. Trophy in a results screen from playing Smash Run, so I'm guessing its false. Also having his alts be the Koopalings would be a lot of work and several of them have completely different body types which would mess with hitboxes.

"TELL ME ABOUT CANCELING ATTACKS"

Are you talking about stuff like crouch canceling and L-Cancels?
Better stick with Melee then. They were removed as they wouldn't register half the time when testing the game online with more than 2 players so they were removed all together. The fix is just reducing recovery animations/landing lag.

"When did you get your job?"

I've been working at NoA for 4 years.

Employees tend to keep working for a very long time, a lot of people here were working here in the 90s.

"Hey did you guys catch that in the smash direct at minute 36 there's some pink text that translate to Boss hp 100.000 in palutena's stage?
what's the stage hazard?"

As of right now, there is no boss on that stage. But then again, it wasn't until months later after the game was first shown did we get to be able to fight the Yellow Devil.

A boss on that stage would make sense, as we joke that the stage is Ridley-sized, it really needs something to fill the stage as its roughly twice the size of Hyrule Temple. Hades would be my first guess as to who could be a boss, he is big enough and a fan favorite character.

"So do all the hard-hitters have armor up the *** now or what?"

Mac isn't that good unless you're on FD. Dedede doesn't have armor outside of his Up B, he's not as powerful as he was in Brawl but his recovery makes up for it.

Characters like Fox and Shiek are not nearly as good as they once were. Pikachu is still great, Marth isn't as fast anymore and really doesn't feel like he should be compared with the others.

"Sheik doesn't have landing lag after using her needles midair, not to mention her new special moves"

I was comparing SSB4 Shiek to Melee Shiek, she has improved over Brawl.

SSB4 Shiek is still good, better than most characters, but she's no longer S/Top Tier.

As far as "tiers" are considered, over here we just class them unto:
Top - which has characters like Kirby, Pit, ZSS and Bowser
High - which has characters like DK, Greninja, Villager, Toon Link, Samus, Rosalina, Palutena (default moves) and Ike.
Mid - which has characters like Charizard, Dedede, Diddy, WFT, Fox, Little Mac, Pac-Man and Marth
Low - which has characters like Megaman, Zelda and Mii Brawler
There was a "Bottom" tier but there wasn't much of a difference between the best and worst characters to have 5 separate tiers.

"Do the Mii Fighters only take up one slot?"

As of right now, they are one square on the roster, but you then click on the one you want on your character panel, kind of like how you could pick the Pokemon you wanted to lead off with when using the Pokemon Trainer in Brawl.

"Do you know if it's true the mii fighters are toggleable by random?"

I don't know if the specific Miis will be toggle-able in the final build, but in our build you can get a Mii Fighter by selecting random, and the Mii chosen will be random (we only have Reggie, Bill, Iwata, Miyamoto and Sakurai Miis on our demo, all of them are the same size and use the default outfits).

">Bowser top tier
>Dong, Ike high tier
>Mii brawler low tier
What about the other Miis?"

Gunner was high but got bumped down once we realized how he could easily be countered (weak air game). He's like Megaman, except heavier, slower/less mobile and with more KO moves (but a comparable amount of damage)

Swordfighter is mid, he has good combo potential and speed, but low knockback and his attacks don't do much in terms of damage.

Note these are just the Miis using the default size, with no equipment and their default specials.

Note, Mid Tier characters in the game, are still very viable. There are no characters like Meta Knight who break the game or ones like Melee Fox/Falco that are just all-around the best.

"What would you change about the game physics if able to? Also, how short is the hop? Seemed pretty long for ZSS...wavedashing is out right?"

I like the physics in the current build, the short-hop depends on the character (one's with higher/longer full jumps have higher short-hops). I want Smash 4 to be its own thing, not Melee HD, not Brawl 2.0, the game is great as is. Anyone can pick up and play it, and the skill ceiling is much higher than Brawl.
No wavedashing, this is common knowledge.

"Do you guys feel pressure to be "progressive?""

No.

Nobody cares about SJW stuff in our games because they already have universal appeal in terms of race/sex. Nobody cares that Kirby is referred to being male, or that Mario is white. We all agree that games should be about fun, not an agenda.

"Is Yoshi buffed?"

He can jump out of shield and is slightly better all-around.

Also, people who are jumping straight from Melee will probably ***** to no end because their main got nerfed.

"How bad is Link this time? He always seems to get **** on.

Also, what makes my new main Megaman low tier?"

He's not **** this time, not Top Tier, but not ****.

Megaman was better but did get nerfed back in March. He's really light and doesn't have much in terms of KO moves, he can deal a good amount of damage though. Note, he is currently Low Tier, but he's not like Brawl Ganon or Mewtwo levels of bad.

"I have mained Marth since Melee; do you think he is still useful as a character? I will probably adapt to his changes, but I was just wondering how bad his situation was"
He's slower, a little weaker, can't chain grab much (his throws did get buffed considerably, and his reach nerfed), and his sword is a little shorter (not much though). He's Mid Tier and still very viable.

"W-Wait you guys heard about the Gematsu leak?

How did you react? Did Nintendo try to contact Sal Romano or something?"

The E3 2013 one was panic inducing.

Gematsu 2 was less so, the only problem we had with it was that nobody wanted Chrom.

"Is there anyway you could prove you actually work there? You said you don't have cards or anything, but could you say if there's an upcoming event that we don't know about I.E something like comic-con/best buy smash fest? If that ends up true, then we might believe your ****."
Its not upcoming, but we struck a deal to have Smash 4 at EVO until 2017 and for a 15th anniversary tournament there for Melee

"What are Palutena's default moves?"
Heavenly Light
Rocket Jump
Reflect
Lightweight
She's got great smashes and air attacks.

"Is Chrom a skin? What are his and takamaru's reception around the office?"
No and slight disappointment.

"Since you play primarily Greninja, DDD, and Ike, what can you say are their weaknesses? Also, do Greninja and Ike have a satisfying feel to them when you land a good smash/KO?"
Triple D is slow and doesn't have armor, you need to be great at spacing.
Greninja is light, he lacks good KO potential.
Ike has a problem with characters who can deal damage from long range and his throws aren't good. Ironically, Megaman is great against Ike until he comes up and KOs you at 60% with his front air.

"Is Peach available to play in your build? Is so, what's different?"
Her Final Smash is a placeholder, and she's similar to Melee Peach and Reggie's main.

"did you have any input on the rules for the invitational? Will the rules for upcoming EVO tourneys remain as they are now for melee tourneys? How does Nintendo feel about Project M?"
No. Similar to the invitational, but no items (unless if the players want it with them), we don't talk about PM.

"How's pac-man?"
He's a rushdown character, good air game, mediocre on the ground, think Little Mac but the opposite.

"Tell me something we don't know about custom movesets. Like, what does Kirby or Link or Samus get?"
Kirby's only available moves are Ice Breath and Great Swing (the running hammer swing from Super Star). [Ice Breath is neutral B]
Fox gets a stun blaster shot
Nothing on Samus yet.

"Do you think Pac will be a bit more viable than Mac since his air game is better than his ground, or are they both similarly mediocre?"
Its a matter of what stage you're playing on.
Mac dominates on FD, Pac is better on Battlefield.

"Can you tell us of any Assist Trophies we haven't seen yet?"

A handful from Brawl that nobody really liked (like that propeller like thing and, Hammer Bros)
Issac and AW troopers are not one of them

"Wait, since you guys only play 4vs4 what right do you have to talk about tiers!

Also the tourney rules, how similar are they to the E3 ones.

Like is it seriously 4vs4 until the finals, and is sudden death really on after that poor reception?"

We do 1v1s a lot and the tiers reflect 1v1s.
4player matches allow for more entrants, but the format isn't finalized. We will also be holding some of our owns and really like the idea of having ones that are 2v2.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Yeah, that "leak" says that Helirin is still an AT and that the Advance Wars troopers were cut. Considering the opposite is true, I guess it's fair to say it's a bust.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, that "leak" says that Helirin is still an AT and that the Advance Wars troopers were cut. Considering the opposite is true, I guess it's fair to say it's a bust.
Well, you do have to keep in mind that according to the leaker, the demo gradually changes. Helirin being cut makes no sense, but Advance Wars troopers not being in the build he's playing is not a point against it at all. In fact, I'm pretty sure its known that at different times, different regions/stations have different builds, which is why leaks get so disjointed and one leak has a partial bit of info, while missing other things (namely, the various leaks in the compiled Ninka/Vaanrose leak). Even Palutena having different starting standards could've been the case at one point and they later changed it for balancing purposes.

Helirin is the part that ruins it, though, because its unlikely that a completed Assist Trophy got cut and removed from the game.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, at the very least, he didn't list Chunky among the other ATs he saw. What happened with that, seeing as how you're the one who claimed to witness him?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Well, at the very least, he didn't list Chunky among the other ATs he saw. What happened with that, seeing as how you're the one who claimed to witness him?
We should sue him for emotional distress caused by his lies.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Eh, may as well come clean with it since all is said and done. The whole Chunky AT debacle was pretty much 50% experiment/50% leak bait. Experiment part was because I wanted to see how many people would parrot one guy's outlandish claim, and as it turns out, plenty of people did claim to actually see Chunky and his banana rain, despite me having made up the entire thing. Additionally, there was a lot of fun stuff that came out of it in the end like the Chunkfoot images and #ChunkyWatch.

The 50% leak bait part was for using it as a criteria to bust leaks, because after Chunky made the rounds, there were a sizable amount of leaks that included him amongst AT's in the game, and unless I'd gotten stupidly lucky in my choice of just-barely-believable AT's, I could personally know that leak was a fake and move on to another one.

I do feel bad about it now, and was going to confess to it earlier, but I was curious to see how big it was going to get, and every time I was going to say something, I'd see a leak with him in it, or someone asking something like "So did we ever find Chunky Kong" and I'd stifle a laugh and let it keep rolling.

I apologize if I unreasonably got anyone's hopes up or bothered them with this stunt. Chunky was supposed to be a week long joke at best and it all just got out of hand. Hopefully I didn't get anyone too bent out of shape about it.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Eh, may as well come clean with it since all is said and done. The whole Chunky AT debacle was pretty much 50% experiment/50% leak bait. Experiment part was because I wanted to see how many people would parrot one guy's outlandish claim, and as it turns out, plenty of people did claim to actually see Chunky and his banana rain, despite me having made up the entire thing. Additionally, there was a lot of fun stuff that came out of it in the end like the Chunkfoot images and #ChunkyWatch.

The 50% leak bait part was for using it as a criteria to bust leaks, because after Chunky made the rounds, there were a sizable amount of leaks that included him amongst AT's in the game, and unless I'd gotten stupidly lucky in my choice of just-barely-believable AT's, I could personally know that leak was a fake and move on to another one.

I do feel bad about it now, and was going to confess to it earlier, but I was curious to see how big it was going to get, and every time I was going to say something, I'd see a leak with him in it, or someone asking something like "So did we ever find Chunky Kong" and I'd stifle a laugh and let it keep rolling.

I apologize if I unreasonably got anyone's hopes up or bothered them with this stunt. Chunky was supposed to be a week long joke at best and it all just got out of hand. Hopefully I didn't get anyone too bent out of shape about it.
coming clean is appreciated, although I'd have said it was fake around the time of Japans release on the 3DS

Top Bottom