• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
I guess Donkey Kong and Mario are both villains as well.
We don't have to imagine it, we saw it happen in SSE.

Bowser, Ganon and Wario joined the bad team, Dedede didn't.
Well, Donkey Kong never really was a villain, he fell in love with Paula and wanted her to be his girlfriend. (I guess?)
That what he did was not a good thing, but I think he didn't even know that it wasn't a good thing.
And I still don't know what exactly Mario did, or why he did that, but it looked bad... from Donkey Kong's perspective... (But I think that it was more like a punishment for that what Donkey Kong did.) You have to think like a Monkey and not. For Donkey Kong, Mario is a villain. And for Mario, Donkey Kong is a villain.

About the SSE and the good and bad team: First, it is a different case, I meant it like the two teams fight against each other, without Master Hand and Tabuu, just the fighters. And about the SSE... actually, I never thought that Dedede was on any side in the beginning. I thought he wanted the trophies for himself. As... a trophy. Because he is freaking selfish. I don't even think that Dedede knew that the badges would do that, they looked more like something that marks them: "They are mine, because these are my badges on them! MINE! Mwahaha!"

And Dedede and Kirby are kinda friends, even Mario and Bowser are kinda friends. Without Kirby, Dedede would have nothing to do, beside being the King, every day, it is fun for Dedede to be Kirby's enemy, even if he isn't aware of it. The same goes for Mario and Bowser. If Mario wouldn't exist, Bowser would have Peach and then... nothing. They need each other. The evil wouldn't exist without the good.

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Sorry for derailing the thread, I'll try to stop with this one.
Well, Donkey Kong never really was a villain, he fell in love with Paula and wanted her to be his girlfriend. (I guess?)
That what he did was not a good thing, but I think he didn't even know that it wasn't a good thing.
And I still don't know what exactly Mario did, or why he did that, but it looked bad... from Donkey Kong's perspective... (But I think that it was more like a punishment for that what Donkey Kong did.) You have to think like a Monkey and not. For Donkey Kong, Mario is a villain. And for Mario, Donkey Kong is a villain.
Eh, I think both Mario and DK could be considered villains in the early games. They just aren't anymore - just like Dedede.
About the SSE and the good and bad team: First, it is a different case, I meant it like the two teams fight against each other, without Master Hand and Tabuu, just the fighters.
Alright.
And about the SSE... actually, I never thought that Dedede was on any side in the beginning. I thought he wanted the trophies for himself. As... a trophy. Because he is freaking selfish. I don't even think that Dedede knew that the badges would do that, they looked more like something that marks them: "They are mine, because these are my badges on them! MINE! Mwahaha!"
Tabuu (Wings) Trophy description:
"The dreadful energy surges cast from these wings instantly turn all fighters back into trophies. Knowing this, King Dedede assembles all able-bodied troops and sets a timed device on each of them. This device is a brooch that, after the designated time runs out, revives all fighters wiped out by Tabuu."

Smash Dojo:
"King Dedede learns of Tabuu’s true nature and the power of his Off Waves during the taking of the Halberd. He begins to worry what will happen once all of the fighters are turned into trophies. Once that happens, there will be no one left to restore the frozen heroes, and the world as we know it will end by Tabuu’s hand.

So he develops a special brooch. The brooches are set to work on a timer; when the timer runs down, the brooch will restore a fighter from his or her trophy form back to the original form. All you need to do is set the brooch on a hero that had been turned into a trophy and leave it there.

When King Dedede learns that Bowser and Wario have joined the Subspace Army and are turning fighters into a collection of trophies, he decides to start his own collection. He hides the fighter trophies he collects in his castle, thinking the brooches will bring them back eventually if something goes wrong, but...

He ends up using the brooch he had made for himself on Peach (or Zelda), and intends to make another one for himself later."

And Dedede and Kirby are kinda friends, even Mario and Bowser are kinda friends. Without Kirby, Dedede would have nothing to do, beside being the King, every day, it is fun for Dedede to be Kirby's enemy, even if he isn't aware of it. The same goes for Mario and Bowser. If Mario wouldn't exist, Bowser would have Peach and then... nothing. They need each other.
I guess one could call Dedede and Kirby "frenemies"- friends but still rivals. Mario and Bowser are just enemies, though they see each other as worthy opponents.
The evil wouldn't exist without the good.
Dedede is not evil.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Bittersweet days for me, while Smash in just 1 week makes me happy, K. Rool not being in it just saddens me. Also, that no DLC is planned at the moment beyond Mewtwo disappoints me even more. However, I'm sure that someday the King will prevail and reclaim his rightful throne stronger than ever.

Happy 500 pages, fellow Kutthroats! As long as we keep on supporting King K there will be hope!
I can't believe anyone puts any stock into Sakurai's glorified "no comment".

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
OMG look what I found! It looks like a fan-made Smash-like game called Super Mario Fighters and it has K Rool (and Klump)! As well as some pretty obscure Nintendo characters like Spike from Wrecking Crew and even Francis from Super Paper Mario lol

http://doctorwalui.shichihuku.com/

K Rool just fits perfectly! Just look at him! Damn it, Sakurai! :cry:
If all the characters from here really were in Smash, it would be the best Smash ever. Now if I only knew if this was available for playing...
I don't know if this has been commented on, but the facthat Toad is STILL not even represented here makes me exceptionally over anything this creator may have conceived. If a Mario fighter with a Hammer Bro character does not have a playable Toad, the roster is a bust.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I don't know if this has been commented on, but the facthat Toad is STILL not even represented here makes me exceptionally over anything this creator may have conceived. If a Mario fighter with a Hammer Bro character does not have a playable Toad, the roster is a bust.
Theeeeen you click on the roster page, which has not only Toad, but also Toadette. You can only fit so many chars on the title screen! Calm down.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Dedede is an antagonist. He isn't overtly evil and will fight when it actually matters, but he's still a petty asshole who steals food from his citizens and antagonizes Kirby for ****s and giggles. Same goes for Wario, he rarely actually has an antagonistic role but he's still known as the "evil Mario" to most people.

The game really isn't lacking in villain representation, to be honest, there are plenty enough already. Unfortunately it's sorely lacking in K. Rool representation, which is far worse.

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace

About the SSE and the good and bad team: First, it is a different case, I meant it like the two teams fight against each other, without Master Hand and Tabuu, just the fighters. And about the SSE... actually, I never thought that Dedede was on any side in the beginning. I thought he wanted the trophies for himself. As... a trophy. Because he is freaking selfish. I don't even think that Dedede knew that the badges would do that, they looked more like something that marks them: "They are mine, because these are my badges on them! MINE! Mwahaha!"

And Dedede and Kirby are kinda friends, even Mario and Bowser are kinda friends. Without Kirby, Dedede would have nothing to do, beside being the King, every day, it is fun for Dedede to be Kirby's enemy, even if he isn't aware of it. The same goes for Mario and Bowser. If Mario wouldn't exist, Bowser would have Peach and then... nothing. They need each other. The evil wouldn't exist without the good.
You mean Pauline, not Paula that would make DK a pedo lol.

Toad is on there but I question why Stanley and the Wrecking crew guy are there but not Pauline.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well, I've beaten Donkey Kong Country 2. Honestly, I believe the hype - it's nothing short of a genuine diamond in the rough.

Hard as all hell, though. Seriously, how did you guys beat it without save states?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Well, I've beaten Donkey Kong Country 2. Honestly, I believe the hype - it's nothing short of a genuine diamond in the rough.

Hard as all hell, though. Seriously, how did you guys beat it without save states?

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I'm only human.

I can only take so much Kremling abuse.
Yeah, I know, I just like being a douche and using that phrase. Especially if it is being said by Cranky.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

It took me forever to beat it the first time around. Replaying it on emulator it took me a while as well, but I still didn't use save states, not even to get all the bonus stages. I definitely feel that DKC2 is the hardest of the original trilogy.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It took me forever to beat it the first time around. Replaying it on emulator it took me a while as well, but I still didn't use save states, not even to get all the bonus stages. I definitely feel that DKC2 is the hardest of the original trilogy.
Toxic Tower and Screech's Sprint made me weep into my Gamepad.

And that's with copious abuse of the save state feature.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I finally unlocked K. Rool's trophy today and thought I'd post 3 cool photos with him that I'm sure we wish we could actually see him in action in.

HNI_0018.JPG
HNI_0014.JPG
HNI_0019.JPG

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
You mean Pauline, not Paula that would make DK a pedo lol.
Of course, my bad. I mean Pauline, not Paula... Taht would be weird...

@AncientTobacco: You took me a bit to literally with the "Evil", I mean: No bad without good, no clean without dirty, no villains without heroes.
I just wanted to say, that Kirby is Dedede's enemy (Or frienemy), but (Don't take that literally too) he couldn't exist without Kirby. At least, not in this form we know him.

And I didn't know this about the SSE, but still:
Dedede is an antagonist. He isn't overtly evil and will fight when it actually matters, but he's still a petty ******* who steals food from his citizens and antagonizes Kirby for ****s and giggles.
Like BlitznBurst and I said, Dedede is a half-time villain. If the world is in danger, he fights to save it. And I'm 99% sure, that Bowser would do that too, I mean, if the world wouldn't be there anymore, the villains themleves also wouldn't be there anymore. In the Mario games something like that just never happens, so that Bowser has to save the world... beside Super Paper Mario, and you can't say that Bowser isn't a villain just because he saved the world in Super Paper Mario... Or would you say that after the game's release he wasn't a villain anymore, until the next Mario game?

No world = Nothing to be "evil" in it.

I'm sure even K. Rool would help to save the world, if it was in danger. (He probably wouldn't want it at first, but after he notices that it's really serious, he would do that... [Even if it sounds very unlikely.]) But after that, they would be enemies again.

(After K. Rool was the villain in a new Donkey Kong game, I want a new Kirby game with Dedede again as the main villain...)

Last edited:

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
Well I just got the game today and, of course, I blew through the whole day playing it. It's really good. Like, really good. I still got a few characters to get and have been playing as Bowser and his children the most. Still makes me wish it had K. Rool though. To put it simply, everything that is missing to me I feel K. Rool would've had as a fighter. I'll be sure to nab that Tiki Tong K. Rool trophy soon.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Truth is it has both Toad and Toadette. Pretty nice alt colors if you ask me btw

Back to the King... It's so awesome to see Bowser, K Rool and Dedede in a single picture even if Rool is just a trophy. But I still hate that scales texture, it looks smooth and soft and it should look rough and tough like Bowser's.

Last edited:

Nald

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5129-1580-3523
Guys, I'd love to be a Kutthroat.
Don't get me wrong, I'm liking the game so far (let's not talk about the Ice Climber, though, I'm still oh so very salty about that one) but I still think that a series as important as DKC was deserves another rep. And, sure, you could have Dixie or Cranky or Dark Donkey Kong but let's not fool ourselves. Dedede aside, there's still place for another King ready to smash his way in the game. I, Nald, support the king of krocs.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Guys, I'd love to be a Kutthroat.
Don't get me wrong, I'm liking the game so far (let's not talk about the Ice Climber, though, I'm still oh so very salty about that one) but I still think that a series as important as DKC was deserves another rep. And, sure, you could have Dixie or Cranky or Dark Donkey Kong but let's not fool ourselves. Dedede aside, there's still place for another King ready to smash his way in the game. I, Nald, support the king of krocs.
Welcome Kutthroat! It's been too long since I was able to do this!

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Back to the King... It's so awesome to see Bowser, K Rool and Dedede in a single picture even if Rool is just a trophy. But I still hate that scales texture, it looks smooth and soft and it should look rough and tough like Bowser's.
I agree, as well as the fact of him still missing his tail. Maybe if he gets added as playable dlc and they decide to go with his rare design then perhaps his paon trophy will be replaced by it when you beat classic mode with him? Either that or it'll just be his rare trophy with a slightly different description about him.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Ah, just got K. Rool's trophy in the Wii U version, strange that it was locked behind Ganondorf's home run challenge.

How's everything going around here?

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Ah, just got K. Rool's trophy in the Wii U version, strange that it was locked behind Ganondorf's home run challenge.

How's everything going around here?
Well, all said and done I kinda like it's still a "special" unlock. It counts for something in my book. Even if it's only meager.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Unlocked the Kritter trophy yesterday and had to post pictures of him too as well as more K. Rool

050.JPG

052.JPG
051.JPG

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
The lack of DK content is frustrating. How the **** can a small series like KI have so much content from only one game and a series like DK, who has a barrel of games get's almost nothing? You know what's really ironic. You think that the DK-Series will be one of those series, who will get the most new content, just like FE and KI get much stuff with their most resent successfully games. The DK-Series even has less content than before, which is quit ironic. And this time around we also have two games. DK only get's one, just one ****ing new stage! No new items, no new characters and not even one, ****ing AT and ****ing KI get's two! How did that ****ing Chunky Kong rumor get public BTW?

No wonder KKR or Dixie Kong didn't made it in, if you see, how low the presentation is.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The lack of DK content is frustrating. How the **** can a small series like KI have so much content from only one game and a series like DK, who has a barrel of games get's almost nothing? You know what's really ironic. You think that the DK-Series will be one of those series, who will get the most new content, just like FE and KI get much stuff with their most resent successfully games. The DK-Series even has less content than before, which is quit ironic. And this time around we also have two games. DK only get's one, just one ****ing new stage! No new items, no new characters and not even one, ****ing AT and ****ing KI get's two! How did that ****ing Chunky Kong rumor get public BTW?

No wonder KKR or Dixie Kong didn't made it in, if you see, how low the presentation is.
Calm down dude! DK does have some of the better remixes, and we all are pissed

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
DKC released on the VC in Japan yesterday, which was the anniversary of DKC1 there. Looking at Wikipedia, it seems like the US got the DKC games last for the Wii too, I can't wait til they appear on the US VC!

Top Bottom