• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Also you guys, watch the video till the very end, he
Steals Snake's Smash invite XD no wonder snake isn't in, heh now where is our king

D

Deleted member

Just read the new addition to the OP. I definitely support the concept of K. Rool essentially being a dirty fighter, though I'm not so sure how I feel about him being projectile heavy as that makes me think of Mega Man and Mii Gunner, which I feel does not suit K. Rool.

D

Deleted member

Just read the new addition to the OP. I definitely support the concept of K. Rool essentially being a dirty fighter, though I'm not so sure how I feel about him being projectile heavy as that makes me think of Mega Man and Mii Gunner, which I feel does not suit K. Rool.
On the Kremling Kutthroats Skype Chat there's been discussion that King K. Rool could potentially be a trap character. I do know that BKupa666 mentioned that Duck Hunt Dog had shades of what he wanted in a King K. Rool move set.

D

Deleted member

On the Kremling Kutthroats Skype Chat there's been discussion that King K. Rool could potentially be a trap character. I do know that BKupa666 mentioned that Duck Hunt Dog had shades of what he wanted in a King K. Rool move set.
When I see "trap character", I think this guy.

Now I want to see big fat RocK. Roolcoon in action.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yeah, shooting out projectiles for the vast majority of his moveset wouldn't really be suitable, moreso a few key ones scattered here and there to complement the traps and trickery.

As an outsider to the series, what trappy shenanigans does Rocket bring to MvC?

Dog is great in that he has a simple trap that can be toyed around with using any number of potential strategies. . .shoot the can around from a distance, move it forward directly in front of you as a (slightly risky) barrier, drop it on foes from above, even attack it directly around the stage. K. Rool's cannonballs can easily have a similar feel to them, albeit with different tools available to the character for his set-ups (which I'm excited to lay out in those sections).

D

Deleted member

Yeah, shooting out projectiles for the vast majority of his moveset wouldn't really be suitable, moreso a few key ones scattered here and there to complement the traps and trickery.

Just as a taste, here's his trailer:
Start at 0:50 for some "trap-y" goodness.

Now, I don't expect K. Rool to be that centered around traps, but I'd imagine some extent would be applied if he's a "trap character".
Especially since the traps have to be "in-character", like the cannonballs from the sky, status-afflicting smoke, electric fields, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
They could really play up the status afflcting smoke....

Maybe add a bit of Hawkeye?

Kroconut

Smash Cadet
I'd like to join this skype chat. My username is kroconut007. infact, Kroconut is a name I came up with years ago. Coconut & Kremling, Kroconut! and 007 cause I love Rare's GoldenEye.

BTW, (It's probably already been mentioned but to those just returning to the forum recently) to those whom purchased Super Smash Bros. for Wii U at launch (or a few days after) Your post-play surveys on Club Nintendo should be up there by now. I can't stress this enough, (as the new title of this thread reads): If you want K. Rool DLC to happen, please request it in your Smash Bros. Club Nintendo surveys!

That's gonna be my final reminder cause I'm already sounding like a broken record but yep, this means you!

That's all from me for now, goodnight Kutthroat Friends, and may our dreams become a reality more and more by the day.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Landmines, spring traps, net traps, swinging logs and oil barrels on fire, at the top of my head.

Of course, K Rool doesn't exactly fit with these ideas, though I'm all for him having a cannon at least. His figure doesn't exactly scream "sneaky", but playing dirty is something I'd like to see.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Ok. I just thought of something. So, I like the idea of K. Rool using his crown and having opponents hit by it coming back sticking to it. But why have the blunderbuss shoot cannonballs when we already have Bowser Jr. doing that? Instead, we should have the blunderbuss charge up gasses. I believe the order would be reverse controls, then charged further it would be slow down, then maximum charge it would be freeze. That would be extremely unique.

D

Deleted member

Dog is great in that he has a simple trap that can be toyed around with using any number of potential strategies. . .shoot the can around from a distance, move it forward directly in front of you as a (slightly risky) barrier, drop it on foes from above, even attack it directly around the stage. K. Rool's cannonballs can easily have a similar feel to them, albeit with different tools available to the character for his set-ups (which I'm excited to lay out in those sections).
I have to admit that I enjoy playing the Duck Hunt Dog so a trap style King K. Rool would definitely excite me.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Landmines, spring traps, net traps, swinging logs and oil barrels on fire, at the top of my head.

Of course, K Rool doesn't exactly fit with these ideas, though I'm all for him having a cannon at least. His figure doesn't exactly scream "sneaky", but playing dirty is something I'd like to see.
Lol, K. Rool isn't "sneaky" by any sense of the word. He does play dirty, though, and he loves to lay traps and act in a very tricky manner.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
"Sneaky" isn't really the right word, since K. Rool has all the subtlety of a blunt axe, but he still has strategies that can catch people by surprise. . .the final phase of his DKC2 fight, for example, where he creeps around while invisible and pops up right behind your Kongs with his vacuum. Not to mention all those stories of people getting up to use the bathroom or get a snack during the false Kredits, only to come back and find the King killing them.

Rocket uses oil barrels, huh? Hmm, those exist in DKC, too. . .maybe K. Rool could do something with those as well.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Lol, K. Rool isn't "sneaky" by any sense of the word. He does play dirty, though, and he loves to lay traps and act in a very tricky manner.
"Sneaky" isn't really the right word, since K. Rool has all the subtlety of a blunt axe, but he still has strategies that can catch people by surprise. . .the final phase of his DKC2 fight, for example, where he creeps around while invisible and pops up right behind your Kongs with his vacuum. Not to mention all those stories of people getting up to use the bathroom or get a snack during the false Kredits, only to come back and find the King killing them.

Rocket uses oil barrels, huh? Hmm, those exist in DKC, too. . .maybe K. Rool could do something with those as well.
Lol.

Although, I didn't mean "sneaky" in the stealth sense; my vocabulary was messed up atm, I meant it in that "playing dirty" sense. It'd be a sneaky move, like a sucker punch.

And BKupa, just as a small thought, the oil barrels by themselves do nothing. They have to be lit manually with one of Rocket's neutral attacks(I think it was standing/crouching Medium, haven't played UMVC3 in forever).

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
... I forgot to mention, remember that alternate universe I informed you all of, with the ganondorf support thread and JigglyRool? Yeah, there is also a Donkey Kong support thread, and Donkey Kong has that design. Why this is is because he is the main villain of the KRC series. K. Rool has the design shown in this picture as well.

D

Deleted member

I'd like to join this skype chat. My username is kroconut007. infact, Kroconut is a name I came up with years ago. Coconut & Kremling, Kroconut! and 007 cause I love Rare's GoldenEye.

BTW, (It's probably already been mentioned but to those just returning to the forum recently) to those whom purchased Super Smash Bros. for Wii U at launch (or a few days after) Your post-play surveys on Club Nintendo should be up there by now. I can't stress this enough, (as the new title of this thread reads): If you want K. Rool DLC to happen, please request it in your Smash Bros. Club Nintendo surveys!

That's gonna be my final reminder cause I'm already sounding like a broken record but yep, this means you!

That's all from me for now, goodnight Kutthroat Friends, and may our dreams become a reality more and more by the day.
How did I skip over this? I have just added you (my Skype ID is astarisborn1994), add me and I'll get you in the group.

Speaking of which, we should have a day where the Kremling Kutthroats come together to play Smash Wii U (or Smash 3DS even thought I don't have that). The chat room can come in handy for something like this.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
How did I skip over this? I have just added you (my Skype ID is astarisborn1994), add me and I'll get you in the group.

Speaking of which, we should have a day where the Kremling Kutthroats come together to play Smash Wii U (or Smash 3DS even thought I don't have that). The chat room can come in handy for something like this.
curse my European whereabouts!

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I find it rather interesting that we're struggling to decide how exactly K. Rool should play; not because he doesn't have any options, but because he has so many. In terms of fighting game potential, the character is an untapped goldmine... which is why his exclusion bothers me more than ever. We could literally do all of the creative work for Sakurai and his team, and they don't even have to thank us. K.Rool's return to prominence is the only thanks I'll ever need.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I find it rather interesting that we're struggling to decide how exactly K. Rool should play; not because he doesn't have any options, but because he has so many. In terms of fighting game potential, the character is an untapped goldmine... which is why his exclusion bothers me more than ever. We could literally do all of the creative work for Sakurai and his team, and they don't even have to thank us. K.Rool's return to prominence is the only thanks I'll ever need.
considering Sakurai screwed Ridley's personality and canon and claimed it's better than smaller wings like every 2D game he's been in, I can see Sakurai saying K.Rool just simply has nothing interesting to implement

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That's the exact same problem the GS fans have with literally ANY Golden Sun character. Mostly Isaac.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Reminds me, I'm imagining K. Rool's front throw being the infamous whack he gives you with the butt of his blunderbuss after he sucks you up with it.

That move really caught me off-guard when I fought him. I kind of figured he'd just suck me up and I'd take damage from hitting into him, not that he'd actually grimace and whack me across the room with the blunt end of his gun. That's hardcore stuff right there. The King does not mess about.

Do we all agree on a general height for him? I know his size varies depending on the game, but I recall it being suggested that he'd be at least Bowser's size. Size is definitely an important factor for him. It's kind of hard not to be intimidated when you see him.

Oh and the Lost World is intense stuff. Seriously, how did you guys beat this game without saving every two seconds?!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Reminds me, I'm imagining K. Rool's front throw being the infamous whack he gives you with the butt of his blunderbuss after he sucks you up with it.

That move really caught me off-guard when I fought him. I kind of figured he'd just suck me up and I'd take damage from hitting into him, not that he'd actually grimace and whack me across the room with the blunt end of his gun. That's hardcore stuff right there. The King does not mess about.

Do we all agree on a general height for him? I know his size varies depending on the game, but I recall it being suggested that he'd be at least Bowser's size. Size is definitely an important factor for him. It's kind of hard not to be intimidated when you see him.

Oh and the Lost World is intense stuff. Seriously, how did you guys beat this game without saving every two seconds?!
I feel that he should be slightlytaller than Bowser, and I need to see the animation of him smacking you with the gun

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I feel that he should be slightlytaller than Bowser, and I need to see the animation of him smacking you with the gun

This video has the added bonus of DKC2's cut "Death Against K. Rool" game over track, which was supposedly cut out for being TOO creepy.

Size-wise, I'd have K. Rool be as tall as Bowser with his body, but with his crown and gut giving him the slightest bit more height and width, respectively.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

This video has the added bonus of DKC2's cut "Death Against K. Rool" game over track, which was supposedly cut out for being TOO creepy.

Size-wise, I'd have K. Rool be as tall as Bowser with his body, but with his crown and gut giving him the slightest bit more height and width, respectively.
I want Wintropy to be the official moveset designer for DLC characters now

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That's it, I'm buying GS ASAP
Well, its mainly because we have a hard time deciding which moves should be used.

(spoiler tag only because its long)
Physical attack wise, each character can attack with their weapon, which varies from character to character. Isaac can use Swords, Axes, or Maces, but Sword is usually settled as his main weapon. Various weapons have different special attacks that can activate based on stats, these attacks could be used for one of a GS character's attacks as well. However, for the most part, there's only a very limited number of different types of physical attacks made.

Psynergy is where most of the GS character attacks come from. We look at the different types of Psynergy available. Isaac, as a Venus Adapt, by default only uses Venus Psynergy. However, any character can be given any type of Psynergy using Djinn. Should we include multi-element Psynergy, or just one type? Then there's several types of different attacks in each element, such as different earth-based attacks. And some characters have unique Psynergy to them.

All Move-based Psynergy (telekinesis, represented by a Hand pushing things around) can be used mainly by Isaac, Garet, Felix, and Matthew. Jenna has a few unique fire Psynergy, though, Ivan has unique mind-reading abilities, and Mia also has her unique Ply healing Psynergy. Plus, Felix has a Psynergy where he can--get this--turn into Sand.

Then we have to consider whether to include Djinn in the moveset as well. Djinn have different effects, some of which overlap with elemental Psynergy. We also need to consider how the Djinn will work if they are included. Djinn are an integral part of Golden Sun, so it makes sense that they would be used. Then, again, we need to consider if Djinn from multiple elements would be used.

The Final Smash is the only thing we're consistent on; its definitely a Djinn Summon. But which of Djinn summon? Judgment is the most popular one, but there's plenty of different ones that could work well.

That's AWESOME. :D

Oh, and yeah, I love the idea of one of K. Rool's attacks smacking with the gun.

And yeah, K. Rool should be slightly bigger than Bowser. Technically he'd probably be the same size, but Bowser is SLIGHTLY hunched over.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well, its mainly because we have a hard time deciding which moves should be used.

(spoiler tag only because its long)
Physical attack wise, each character can attack with their weapon, which varies from character to character. Isaac can use Swords, Axes, or Maces, but Sword is usually settled as his main weapon. Various weapons have different special attacks that can activate based on stats, these attacks could be used for one of a GS character's attacks as well. However, for the most part, there's only a very limited number of different types of physical attacks made.

Psynergy is where most of the GS character attacks come from. We look at the different types of Psynergy available. Isaac, as a Venus Adapt, by default only uses Venus Psynergy. However, any character can be given any type of Psynergy using Djinn. Should we include multi-element Psynergy, or just one type? Then there's several types of different attacks in each element, such as different earth-based attacks. And some characters have unique Psynergy to them.

All Move-based Psynergy (telekinesis, represented by a Hand pushing things around) can be used mainly by Isaac, Garet, Felix, and Matthew. Jenna has a few unique fire Psynergy, though, Ivan has unique mind-reading abilities, and Mia also has her unique Ply healing Psynergy. Plus, Felix has a Psynergy where he can--get this--turn into Sand.

Then we have to consider whether to include Djinn in the moveset as well. Djinn have different effects, some of which overlap with elemental Psynergy. We also need to consider how the Djinn will work if they are included. Djinn are an integral part of Golden Sun, so it makes sense that they would be used. Then, again, we need to consider if Djinn from multiple elements would be used.

The Final Smash is the only thing we're consistent on; its definitely a Djinn Summon. But which of Djinn summon? Judgment is the most popular one, but there's plenty of different ones that could work well.

That's AWESOME. :D

Oh, and yeah, I love the idea of one of K. Rool's attacks smacking with the gun.

And yeah, K. Rool should be slightly bigger than Bowser. Technically he'd probably be the same size, but Bowser is SLIGHTLY hunched over.
still going to get it ASAP

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
With that forward throw, there should totally be the same sort of pause that Diddy experienced in that video before the actual throw.

I suppose his grab would be that vacuum, and work similarly to Pac-Man's?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The struggle isn't so much determining what K. Rool should do in-game, it's conveying that to people who don't know better. . .the ones who just see "fat crocodile who throws a crown" and nothing else (possibly including Sakurai). It's part of my inspiration in doing these write-ups to begin with (that, and it's quite fun as well).

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
With that forward throw, there should totally be the same sort of pause that Diddy experienced in that video before the actual throw.

I suppose his grab would be that vacuum, and work similarly to Pac-Man's?
I want to see K. Rool do that giddy little "Huh? Huh?!" expression he does when you toss his kannonballs back into the blunderbuss.

Gets me every time~

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I want to see K. Rool do that giddy little "Huh? Huh?!" expression he does when you toss his kannonballs back into the blunderbuss.

Gets me every time~
Agreed! I so want K. Rool's grab to be him sucking opponents in then grabbing them with his other hand. His grab attack can them be K. Rool holding the opponent in one hand and bashing the blunderbuss into them like how he attacks DK at the opening to that battle. ^^

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Agreed! I so want K. Rool's grab to be him sucking opponents in then grabbing them with his other hand. His grab attack can them be K. Rool holding the opponent in one hand and bashing the blunderbuss into them like how he attacks DK at the opening to that battle. ^^
Don't mean to be nitpicky, but K. Rool actually fires at DK with the cannonballs. Point blank. I am sorry, but I don't ever recall Bowser ever torching Peach before you fight him. Goes to show how badass K. Rool truly is.
edit: and I am an idiot. Nevermind, he does both, hits and shoots. Damn son, you got some pent up anger.

Last edited:
Top Bottom