• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
It makes me sad when people stoop so low to get some form of attention. Like Octogirl for instance literally destroyed her reputation and risked her popularity just to get some quick attention. It makes me sad and stuff like that makes the Smash fandom look bad because of it.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
With how quiet Nintendo has been dropping these small trailers unannounced (like the Mario Tennis trailer they just released), I really cant say I would be all that surprised if just silently released Twilight Princess HD or the next Smash Bros characters on the eShop with only mentioning them on a single Twitter message :p.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
It makes me sad when people stoop so low to get some form of attention. Like Octogirl for instance literally destroyed her reputation and risked her popularity just to get some quick attention. It makes me sad and stuff like that makes the Smash fandom look bad because of it.
To be fair, the Smash fandom makes itself look bad all the time.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Honestly? From what I've heard she's done this before. She has said things were "true" and then later took it back, so that's nothing new. Octogirl sometimes says things that are speculation on her part, but passes them off as fact before confirming later it was speculation (like her statements about a Direct and Octolings last week).

Part of me is glad if we get nothing because that means NO ONE knows anything about what's coming.
Ditto. I believed Roger at first, but once Roger said it was a Splatoon Direct I'm like "that's BS, there's no logical reason for us to get a Splatoon Direct at all."

Still, we haven't even gotten any news on any Direct today yet, and Tuesdays are usually when Directs are announced. Man, these "leaks"...
I hate it when you keep saying "usually" these things happen. "Usually" Nintendo announces them and has them whenever they damn well feel like it. Some days it happens more often than others, but saying "usually" is a fallacy.

I think at this point we'll get no Nintendo Direct this week because they just revealed a new Mario Tennis trailer today, and have been revealing info for Amiibo Festival through press-only events that GameXplain at least have been to, and maybe others. However, its certainly still possible, since there is both the Pokemon Go and DeNA game info.

With how quiet Nintendo has been dropping these small trailers unannounced (like the Mario Tennis trailer they just released), I really cant say I would be all that surprised if just silently released Twilight Princess HD or the next Smash Bros characters on the eShop with only mentioning them on a single Twitter message :p.
Twilight Princess HD will not be an eShop-only game. Likewise, the Smash Bros. characters would not be released without an announcement, but I think they could easily be announced via Social Media instead of a Direct.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I hate it when you keep saying "usually" these things happen. "Usually" Nintendo announces them and has them whenever they damn well feel like it. Some days it happens more often than others, but saying "usually" is a fallacy.

I think at this point we'll get no Nintendo Direct this week because they just revealed a new Mario Tennis trailer today, and have been revealing info for Amiibo Festival through press-only events that GameXplain at least have been to, and maybe others. However, its certainly still possible, since there is both the Pokemon Go and DeNA game info.
Yo, genius! I didn't mean most of the time. I meant usually as in "the day it happens the most".

But I see what you mean in your second paragraph. I wasn't expecting a Direct today anyway that much. I am just waiting for the "leaks" to get disconfirmed.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
I no longer believe these leaks.
If you have any sense of sceptiscism you wouldn't have in the first place. The amount of people that actually believes and expect these "leaks" to be real are ridiculous. None of these sources has any credibility.

Like, come on. I'd be a little more interested if a serious source reported this (like JWittz) or something. But RogersBase? And this octo-squid girl (or whatever her name is) who is a notorious troller?

I've said it since the ballot ended, we are probably looking at 1-2 months before we get any new information from Nintendo. If I can wait 10+ years for Kingdom Hearts I can wait a couple of months for K. Rool (and Isaac hopefully).

:198:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I've said it since the ballot ended, we are probably looking at 1-2 months before we get any new information from Nintendo. If I can wait 10+ years for Kingdom Hearts I can wait a couple of months for K. Rool (and Isaac hopefully).

:198:
Speaking of that, in regards to the 1 in "1-2 months", what if we get something in November? I mean, that Wii U Smash Bros Direct last year, that Direct showed that Mewtwo was in the works as DLC at that time. I am not necessarily saying it will happen again, but maybe some news will happen by then? Who knows?

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
There's also Waluigi on the thumbnail of that trailer. Waluigi confirmed for Smash. :troll:

Though since Nintendo's popping up new content randomly, such as when they announced the Super Mario Maker stage and now the Mario Tennis Ultra Smash trailer, who's to say they won't randomly upload a trailer for new Smash Bros content? We seem to be taking all of these patterns and maintenance too seriously, so what if this is to stop any leaks or patterns?

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Speaking of that, in regards to the 1 in "1-2 months", what if we get something in November? I mean, that Wii U Smash Bros Direct last year, that Direct showed that Mewtwo was in the works as DLC at that time. I am not necessarily saying it will happen again, but maybe some news will happen by then? Who knows?
Last year's final Direct was November 5th, so its definitely possible we could get some news in November (But with how unusual Nintendo has been with announcements as of late, it's hard to tell when we will get some news.)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
There's also Waluigi on the thumbnail of that trailer. Waluigi confirmed for Smash. :troll:

Though since Nintendo's popping up new content randomly, such as when they announced the Super Mario Maker stage and now the Mario Tennis Ultra Smash trailer, who's to say they won't randomly upload a trailer for new Smash Bros content? We seem to be taking all of these patterns and maintenance too seriously, so what if this is to stop any leaks or patterns?
I just wonder when the next thing they will reveal randomly will be.

Last year's final Direct was November 5th, so its definitely possible we could get some news in November (But with how unusual Nintendo has been with announcements as of late, it's hard to tell when we will get some news.)
Yeah I know, but November wouldn't be a bad month to announce news.

Last edited:

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
I agree with the theory that they are doing things randomly now. Ever since Roy and Ryu, they've been trying to be as secretive as possible (I theorize their original plan for those two was to release them throughout the summer, but they couldn't do that since they were found out). Super Mario Maker as a stage is HUGE news and there wasn't even an announcement for it. Who's to say it won't happen with characters?

I feel like the leaks are also responsible for this drought. Had they have been able to keep to their original (hypothetical) schedule, we would only be 2 or 3 months without a character, not 6 months.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
User was warned for this post
Do You guys think they're trying to wait till the holidays or at least Black Friday to announce anything in order to sell some more consoles?

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
rofl I loved him when I was a kid. (I knew it was fake right from the start but I wasn't sure what to expect from this fake lol.)

Do You guys think they're trying to wait till the holidays or at least Black Friday to announce anything in order to sell some more consoles?
No, the idea is to announce things AHEAD of Black Friday and have them ready by then.

I couldn't disagree more. We'll definitely have more characters released by the end of the year, probably by the 1-year anniversary of Smash Wii U's release. When they'll be announced, I don't know. But they'd definitely been working on characters since E3. I think the character drought is due to the leaks, though, and they're revealing things randomly right now to try and prevent too many leaks.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
My feels... they have been crushed.

Well, can't wait for his combo game!

EDIT:

Does this confirm Spongebob the winner?:troll:
I would buy that on the 3DS I loved that game lol.

No, the idea is to announce things AHEAD of Black Friday and have them ready by then.
Sorry. I was trying to say right before Black Friday, not after. As in like a week before.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I would buy that on the 3DS I loved that game lol.

Sorry. I was trying to say right before Black Friday, not after. As in like a week before.
Yeah, but my point is that announcing things right before Black Friday is too late. I don't mean after Black Friday, but even right at or a week before Black Friday is too late. It needs to be announced weeks in advance of Black Friday.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I have a question for you all: do you think they have only started working on the DLC recently, as in this month? I'd like to know what you all think.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, you're optimistic. My thoughts are on 3-5, most likely 4, with 6 being VERY generous, definitely no higher than 6. (If we do get 6, though, I could see us getting both K. Rool and Dixie.)
I don't know, I just see the game being supported at least until the end of 2016. Plus I think many characters we haven't seen yet that will be playable were planned initially, as was Roy, Lucas, Ryu, and Mewtwo. I would bet my all my Krokodile Koins that beyond the Ice Climbers, Wolf was for sure one of them.

K. Rool could definitely be among them. We definitely should not rule out he was a character experimented or left in an incomplete status (like what I think happened with the 3 DLC veterans and to an extent Ryu) during development or pre-development.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I have a question for you all: do you think they have only started working on the DLC recently, as in this month? I'd like to know what you all think.
Gods no.

Because across the span of the past 4 months (post :4lucas::4feroy::4ryu: work) they've done the following:

I think about 10-15 Mii costumes
Port 2 N64 Stages (slight graphical update)
Port 1 Brawl Stage
Port 1 WiiU Stage

Finally finish the Tournament mode that was first brought up for the 50 Fact Extravaganza.

Wolf alone should've been brought to conclusion by now.

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
With people theorizing that we may get 6 more characters, I had an interesting theory. So far, our DLC characters have been Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu. Notice a pattern? So far, half of our DLC picks have been totally unique characters, and half have been semi clones. If this trend continues, we may end up seeing 3 more semi clones, and 3 newcomers. So my hypothesis is that, along with K. Rool and two other newcomers coming to Smash, DLC will be very generous to Wolf, Pichu, and Young Link.

With the timing of things, I think they've been working on characters for months now, and the team is probably going to be disbanded by the end of the year.

Still on #TeamThreeCharactersLeft, myself. I would urge people not to get themselves too stoked for six characters. It's not like Sakurai is going to say, "Looks like we can fit three more tiles on the 3DS character screen; now we have no choice but to stay and make three more characters."

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
With people theorizing that we may get 6 more characters, I had an interesting theory. So far, our DLC characters have been Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu. Notice a pattern? So far, half of our DLC picks have been totally unique characters, and half have been semi clones. If this trend continues, we may end up seeing 3 more semi clones, and 3 newcomers. So my hypothesis is that, along with K. Rool and two other newcomers coming to Smash, DLC will be very generous to Wolf, Pichu, and Young Link.
Eh.... To be honest, I really don't want to see Young Link and Pichu come back (even if you aren't necessarily being serious about them :p). It's time to give new characters their time to shine (like Isaac, for example), meaning that at least 4-5 of those 6 need to be newcomers. I do agree Wolf should come back, but him and the Ice Climbers are the only exceptions to Veterans I wouldn't mind seeing back.

Last edited:
Eh.... To be honest, I really don't want to see Young Link and Pichu come back. It's time to give new characters new chances (like Isaac, for example). The outcry if they added those two in would be too much, honestly.
Yeah, I do like those characters, and I'd have them magically appear in the game if I could. But, the resources are finite, and like you, I'd rather see it all go to new things. I'd even sacrifice my old pal Wolf if it meant another newcomer support thread could celebrate.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
With the timing of things, I think they've been working on characters for months now, and the team is probably going to be disbanded by the end of the year.

Still on #TeamThreeCharactersLeft, myself. I would urge people not to get themselves too stoked for six characters. It's not like Sakurai is going to say, "Looks like we can fit three more tiles on the 3DS character screen; now we have no choice but to stay and make three more characters."
Um, are you sure about that?

Um, are you sure about that?
I'm pretty confident in that. Much longer, and it will get to the point where DLC revenue will barely sustain the workers who show up every day; not worth their constant investment.

I predict that all the DLC will be out by November, and they'll hang around throughout December to put together a final balance patch, and they're done by the new year.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm pretty confident in that. Much longer, and it will get to the point where DLC revenue will barely sustain the workers who show up every day; not worth their constant investment.

I predict that all the DLC will be out by November, and they'll hang around throughout December to put together a final balance patch, and they're done by the new year.
I'd say expect newcomer(s) to finish off the holiday season. As a business plan it seems to be right.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

If you say so, though I was expecting some DLC to come out next year, though I'd think the team would be done long before then.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't agree with this hypothesis. First off, Lucas and Wolf are easy pulls from Brawl. All they did for Lucas was update the models and animations to make them smoother in HD and tweak his balancing, that's all Wolf would require. If anything, they did three veterans first because they were easier, and will now focus more on newcomers, with a grand total of one more veteran (two only if there's six more characters)

There's zero reason to bring back Young Link or Pichu. They aren't in demand at all except for a select few stubborn people.

Hell no, they've been working on more DLC characters since E3. At max 2-3 have been started recently, and will be finished by early next year. The characters they started before will probably be released by the 1-year anniversary of the game's launch.

I don't necessarily think they'll be disbanded by the "end" of the year, but definitely by early next year, no later than 3-4 months they'll be done with DLC.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I'm of the same view. Whilst that finding about it being possible to fit six more slots onto Smash 3DS' character select screen was interesting, the fact is that it's also possible to fit in only three more, and we have solid proof of there being three placeholder slots right now. Even though that could change, I'd say, as you imply, it's realistic to only expect this much.

Again, agreed. There's also the fact that they've been wrapping up other activities, like the Miiverse picture contests, and the fact that to date, all of Nintendo's other DLC-supported "long-tail" titles seem to have gotten about six months to one year of post-release support before it was wound down.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
IHell no, they've been working on more DLC characters since E3. At max 2-3 have been started recently, and will be finished by early next year. The characters they started before will probably be released by the 1-year anniversary of the game's launch.
So, how do you know they have been working since E3? And you mean the anniversary of the Wii U version of the game, right?

Burruni

Smash Hero
So, how do you know they have been working since E3? And you mean the anniversary of the Wii U version of the game, right?
Because there's no reason for them to pay for the team, that has been producing the minimal content consisting of mostly Mii costumes and ported stages (which has clearly been working) on characters as well.

Assuming you're questioning them working since E3 on a character, and not in general.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Because there's no reason for them to pay for the team, that has been producing the minimal content consisting of mostly Mii costumes and ported stages (which has clearly been working) on characters as well.

Assuming you're questioning them working since E3 on a character, and not in general.
I meant that. I ask because I am curious, as we don't have much else to talk about and no news, and to me, the speculation from others is the next best thing to help me think of when the news may finally arrive.

Top Bottom