• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Wouldn't it be great if this BS 4chan leak was true.....

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72659894

A Kutthroat Space Pirate can only dream...
"The next set of newcomers were chosen from the Ballot. All three apparently did fairly well in the Ballot"

"...the last character is a newcomer that'll definitely cause jaws to drop and is completely unexpected."

It has all the hallmarks of being a false rumor, but I'd still love to know if the discrepancy there is because the presumed-liar goofed, or if he is suggesting a sleeper hit character that our fan polling isn't accounting for.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
K.Rool being the heaviest character 'by far' sounds alarms bells in my head. I find it unlikely he'd even be heavier than Bowser.

Also Gangplank Galleon seems unlikely after Pirate Ship. That would mean they decided to release PS knowing GG would be coming out later.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Believe it I enjoy reading leaks (especially the ones with K. Rool). I know they are fake, but at least it entretains me and makes me forget for a moment that the real news could be weeks or months from being announced.

Not much to post and not much to talk lately guys. I try to lurk once per day to see what is going on, but otherwise I'm trying to move on other things.
But now I came specifically to post about that Mario Tennis US trailer. Makes it look like its Direct material wasted and it confirms that there wont be a Direct soon, huh? Well, I also think that they are saving more interesting characters to reveal for the Direct (like, you know, the king of kremlings). Waluigi, Daisy and Boo are no surprise, after all.

Back to trying to convice my brother to draw either Kaptain K. Rool or Brash the Bear for Inktober.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
First Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, and now this...

Slowly the news is being released, Krocs.
Not necessarily. Accordingly, there's really nothing in that Famitsu article which says anything about Zelda U info being revealed. I do think we'll get info soon, but people really jumped the gun on this one. Even that specific Gamenesia article posted an "UPDATE:" about it.

That said, I do think we're getting general info soon. Maybe even this week. However, that Famitsu article/interview is primarily about Triforce Heroes.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't ever remember Sims 3 being released on 3DS.
Someone for my birthday about a decade ago got me The Sims 2 on the DS.

I played it for like 4 hours, and let me tell you that game is bleh. All I remember is collecting those green Sims orbs, making out with these 2 married couples (both the male and female), finding an alien, and playing a banjo.
It makes me sad when people stoop so low to get some form of attention. Like Octogirl for instance literally destroyed her reputation and risked her popularity just to get some quick attention. It makes me sad and stuff like that makes the Smash fandom look bad because of it.
I feel like you just describing the polling for the Invitation spots for Melee at the Summit lmao.

These fake leakers know we want these characters so bad, and they're willing to do anything to exploit anyone to get attention. It's pretty clear that leaks are bad for the gaming industry. Honestly the lack of leaks protects developers, PR guys, and everyone within a company. It also makes for the most hype. The most hyped anyone is for Smash newcomers are when we have no idea what is going to happen next.

If Ryu and Roy got revealed out of nowhere in a trailer and released that same day without any leaks, the Smash fanbase would have gone insane. I really want to see something like that actually happen with a direct with multiple Smash DLC character reveals, and this next DLC reveal could do that. Sure we know at least 3 characters are coming sometime soon-ish (probably) with 2 stages, but at least we don't know what they are.

Now can we hurry up and get shocked with a K. Rool reveal so I can spam gifs to show how excited I am=??? (like the one below)

Not necessarily. Accordingly, there's really nothing in that Famitsu article which says anything about Zelda U info being revealed. I do think we'll get info soon, but people really jumped the gun on this one. Even that specific Gamenesia article posted an "UPDATE:" about it.

That said, I do think we're getting general info soon. Maybe even this week. However, that Famitsu article/interview is primarily about Triforce Heroes.
They said they'll be talking about upcoming Zelda games on Wii U, which probably means Zelda Wii U and Twilight Princess HD.

Pepperoni_Lives

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Piggins91
Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I have a question for you all: do you think they have only started working on the DLC recently, as in this month? I'd like to know what you all think.
Doubtful, they definitely have to have had SOMETHING in the works. I really don't think Sakurai and co are just twiddling their thumbs, waiting for the results to get in.... Mii Costumes probably don't take more than an hour or two to make, and stages might take a bit longer, but 5 months?

Nah, something's coming. I'm feeling it. :4shulk:

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I'm still holding some hope that old 4chan leak had truth to it. The one with Pirate ship being the last returning stage. K. Rool, Wolf, and Bomberman being the 3 characters for DLC from the ballot. I liked that leak a lot, and so far nothing has "killed" it. Yes it's a lot of safe guesses but still dosnt seem out of the realm of possibility. Plus he gave no dates no magical "a direct is coming" stuff. Just gave some info and moved along. I doubt it was legit but one can hope.

At this point as long as K. Rool gets in they can add whoever they want as far as I'm concerned. I deffinetly feel like a direct isn't coming. If we get a character trailer it will be on the Smash site and over Twitter. Maybe Nintendo isn't planning directs until after the new year. It would give time for the new president to familiarize himself
With everything and get him up to date on what's coming.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm still holding some hope that old 4chan leak had truth to it. The one with Pirate ship being the last returning stage. K. Rool, Wolf, and Bomberman being the 3 characters for DLC from the ballot. I liked that leak a lot, and so far nothing has "killed" it. Yes it's a lot of safe guesses but still dosnt seem out of the realm of possibility. Plus he gave no dates no magical "a direct is coming" stuff. Just gave some info and moved along. I doubt it was legit but one can hope.

At this point as long as K. Rool gets in they can add whoever they want as far as I'm concerned. I deffinetly feel like a direct isn't coming. If we get a character trailer it will be on the Smash site and over Twitter. Maybe Nintendo isn't planning directs until after the new year. It would give time for the new president to familiarize himself
With everything and get him up to date on what's coming.
I doubt the 4chan leak is true tbh. I highly doubt Pirate Ship is the last returning stage and I don't think we're getting Shovel Knight either.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I doubt the 4chan leak is true tbh. I highly doubt Pirate Ship is the last returning stage and I don't think we're getting Shovel Knight either.
Actually Shovel Knight is completely independent of that leak, rather the recap tagged it on due to it not being deconfirmed either, despite it's improbability

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I need a k roooooollllll....
I"m lookin out for a k rooollll....
I doubt the 4chan leak is anything but a lucky guess, until proven otherwise.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
If you have any sense of sceptiscism you wouldn't have in the first place. The amount of people that actually believes and expect these "leaks" to be real are ridiculous. None of these sources has any credibility.

Like, come on. I'd be a little more interested if a serious source reported this (like JWittz) or something. But RogersBase? And this octo-squid girl (or whatever her name is) who is a notorious troller?

I've said it since the ballot ended, we are probably looking at 1-2 months before we get any new information from Nintendo. If I can wait 10+ years for Kingdom Hearts I can wait a couple of months for K. Rool (and Isaac hopefully).

:198:
Im not sure how JWittz, a person who tends to just do lists or news at the end of weeks, is more credible than a former Nintendo employee. JWittz has gotten some stuff ahead of time I think but I have seen no indication he's privy to inside info within the company.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
Im not sure how JWittz, a person who tends to just do lists or news at the end of weeks, is more credible than a former Nintendo employee. JWittz has gotten some stuff ahead of time I think but I have seen no indication he's privy to inside info within the company.
They both do/did the same thing for Nintendo. RogersBase has been out of the game for over 3 years, JWittz hasn't. In my opinion that eventually makes him a much more reliable source. You don't think that Nintendo gives out classified information to a low-rank worker who left his position 3 years ago? Really?

Nintendo has no reason to give information to a bunch of YouTubers with 50-300K subscribers. If they know that the person in question can increase the popularity of their product, maybe. But I'm afraid RogersBase can't do that with his little channel.

But to conclude my opinion: JWittz has at least had a recent collaboration with Nintendo, and RogersBase hasn't. I therefore trust and view him as a more credible source.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
They both do/did the same thing for Nintendo. RogersBase has been out of the game for over 3 years, JWittz hasn't. In my opinion that eventually makes him a much more reliable source. You don't think that Nintendo gives out classified information to a low-rank worker who left his position 3 years ago? Really?

Nintendo has no reason to give information to a bunch of YouTubers with 50-300K subscribers. If they know that the person in question can increase the popularity of their product, maybe. But I'm afraid RogersBase can't do that with his little channel.

But to conclude my opinion: JWittz has at least had a recent collaboration with Nintendo, and RogersBase hasn't. I therefore trust and view him as a more credible source.
And who is this JWittz guy you speak of?

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
I don't know if i should be saying this, but i have noticed the absence of @Wintropy in this thread for quite a few days.

Anyway i dcided to bring more questions because god knows we gotta keep this thread talk interesing.

1.If you had to make a DKC RPG, ¿What would the story and setting be like?
2.If they made a sequel to Diddy Kong Racing, ¿What would you like to see added? (aside from the obvious K.Rool inclusion)
3.Out of all the Nintendo villains out there, ¿Who do you think K.Rool would get along with?
4.If you had to give K.Rool superpowers, ¿What kind of powers would you give him?
5.¿How evil do you think K.Rool is?
6.If K.Rool had to share his trailer with some newcomer who isn't a DK character, ¿Who would you choose?
1. Crossover with Mario, but with Mario himself in more of a side-character role. I like Mario, but it would be a refreshing switch.
2. I want Kirby and his Air Ride machine in as many racing games as possible.
3. I think he might have something of a competitive alliance with Bowser. It would be interesting to see his dynamics with villains from other series, like Marx or...*gasp*...Hades. Yes. Hades.
4. Animal transformations activated by provocative bellydances.
5. Well, TV Tropes has King K. Rool on the National Threat list, which is the 4th level out of 9 on the sliding scale of villain threat. I think I agree with that. 4/9 evils. Then again, the threat he poses isn't necessarily the same as the threat that he would like to pose, so it could be higher than that.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
To speak on the notion of a DK RPG scenario ..
A Nintendo Universe (ala Kingdom Hearts and Disney) style RPG should just ... Happen, it should be a thing now and it can have ridiculous amounts of my money.

With a Chrono Cross amount of recruitable characters.

Maybe a modern take on Captain N could star in it? Maybe there could be one of five or so "primary" characters you could start as (Mario, DK, Link, Pikachu, Samus) and depending on who you pick the beginning is slightly different?

Or if Sakurai is involved, take a dead franchise rep and make them the protagonist. Avoiding a AAA Nintendo franchise at the forefront of the narrative would seem fair.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
A Nintendo Universe (ala Kingdom Hearts and Disney) style RPG should just ... Happen, it should be a thing now and it can have ridiculous amounts of my money.

Maybe a modern take on Captain N could star in it? Maybe there could be one of five or so "primary" characters you could start as (Mario, DK, Link, Pikachu, Samus) and depending on who you pick the beginning is slightly different?

Or if Sakurai is involved, take a dead franchise rep and make them the protagonist. Avoiding a AAA Nintendo franchise at the forefront of the narrative would seem fair.
There's an obvious solution here, that being Mike Jones. He's already time traveled, interdimensional travel is the next step

Burruni

Smash Hero
There's an obvious solution here, that being Mike Jones. He's already time traveled, interdimensional travel is the next step
If only he was seen outside of Japan.

:4mario::4luigi::4bowser::4peach: all time traveled in Partners In Time.

:4marth::4myfriends: if you count the DLC for Awakening

:4sonic: in a few ways

At least :4pikachu::4charizard: via Celebi.

:4link:

:4villager: if you count the Bank Interest glitch.

:4ness: Whatever Magicant is.

:4wario2: I feel counts due to the weird time keeper frogs in Wario Land 4.

And.... :4shulk:I think the ending counts?

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814

Mario, DK, Link, Pikachu, Samus, Kirby, Yoshi or Fox. And then throughout the game, travelling through different worlds, you could recruit all the playable characters that have ever been in Smash, and then a crap-load of lesser-known characters who are unlikely to ever be represented in SSB. It would be so much easier to add characters to an RPG because it's just images and text instead of intricately designed 3D models and animations with voice acting. You're right. This needs to happen.

But it would need to play extremely well to fully impress me. I say make it a TBS similar to Fire Emblem, including recruitment mechanics.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think it's time for more questions since we are likely not gonna get news anytime soon:
1-What do you think K.Rool eats?
2-What would be your reaction if K.Rool was in Mario Tennis Ultra Smash?
3-When do you think we are getting Smash news?
4-If K.Rool died after the failure of one of his schemes, ¿How would you revive him? ¿As a Robot? ¿As a Zombie? ¿Use the Dragon Balls?
5-¿What is the worst argument you have heard against K.Rool?
6-¿Where's @Wintropy? :~;

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I think it's time for more questions since we are likely not gonna get news anytime soon:
4-If K.Rool died after the failure of one of his schemes, ¿How would you revive him? ¿As a Robot? ¿As a Zombie? ¿Use the Dragon Balls?
1. Monkey bread! LOL
2. I'd be thrilled.
3. Hopefully next month.
4. As a vampire, or through the Dragonballs if that was allowed.
5. That he is too fat and ugly.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
1. A banana or two, just to piss of the kongs. (Seriously I think he eats meat. R.I.P Wrinkly Kong)
2. I would be happy. I think the Tennis games are not so bad actually.
3. Soon. Hopefully.
4. "Donkey Kong and the Time Machine."
5. Owned by Microsoft.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
1. Souls Fancy caviar.
2. This awesome gif that will maybe make your browser lag
3. In the beginning of November
4. A cyber-badass made with his wife's pots and pans.
5. Too fat and ugly.
6. Don't know.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace

:4mario::4luigi::4bowser::4peach: all time traveled in Partners In Time.

:4marth::4myfriends: if you count the DLC for Awakening

:4sonic: in a few ways

At least :4pikachu::4charizard: via Celebi.

:4link:

:4villager: if you count the Bank Interest glitch.

:4ness: Whatever Magicant is.

:4wario2: I feel counts due to the weird time keeper frogs in Wario Land 4.

And.... :4shulk:I think the ending counts?
sonic also time-traveled in sonic cd....
and if you wanna be technical sonic 06's entire plot was around time travel.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
He was though... StarTropics never made it to Japan.
1. Banaenaes duh.
2. Kool kool.
3. Anywhere between the time frame of right this second and the end of the world.
4. A robot. Mekanikal K. Rool would be pretty kool.
5. He's owned by Microsoft. (My response, "Yep, and Diddy Kong is too!")
6. @Wintropy is in the Abyss, man. Did you not check the location?

Also cool Firebrand theme.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
The same as other crocodillians. And we've learned from @TropicalBreeze that this can include bananas. :laugh:

I'd be glad to see him there. It's been too long since the DK cast got all that much representation in Mario spin-offs.

Hopefully in the next two weeks or so, but I wouldn't really be surprised if it was at least another month, as it's only natural that new and upcoming releases are prioritised for promotion ahead of games that are now a year old and in their post-release support phase.

We have the technology! We can rebuild him! It'd have to be the cyborg/robot option.

Too fat/too ugly/too naked.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
1. He probably eats fish and seafood most of the time. I imagine he sneaks a banana or two every so often though. (now I'm imagining Diddy with a stupid Spongebob-esque grin on his face - "You like bananas, don't you K. Rool?")
2. I mean, cool I guess. Would make me want to buy the game, though I would think it peculiar.
3. Probably if not by the end of the month, then sometime in November. It's been ages and the Ballot's over, we've gotta get something soon.
4. I like the idea of a zombie persona, though I imagine he'd have some sort of device from his stint as a mad scientist to bring himself back. K. Rool doesn't strike me as the sort to not have a plan in case of failure, especially considering his track record. :p
5. That Nintendo doesn't have the rights to him.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
@Speedwagon
1: Probably bananas, and maybe some other tropical fruit. Pineapples, etc.
2: Very happy! (Then add in Isaac)
3: Soon, I imagine - probably before or after Halloween
4: Time and Nanomachines, son!
5: 'Nobody wanted him.' There's just so much wrong with that.
6: From her recent posts, it seems like Wintropy's looking at most of the characters' competitive viability, if I assume correctly. But she'll always be one of us - Kutthroats!

Top Bottom